PDA

View Full Version : Moisturizing Leave-In Spray

xcrunr2go
September 15th, 2015, 05:25 AM
Any suggestions on an all natural/organic/fragrance-free moisturizing spray? Online purchases ideal. Is it possible to make my own? I'm thinking cucumbers & distilled water :grnbiggri

lapushka
September 15th, 2015, 05:55 AM
I think Shea Moisture has one in the hibiscus and something something range.

YellowLedbetter
September 15th, 2015, 09:05 AM
Here is a DIY spray. http://web.archive.org/web/20120121095630/http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=277 Leave out the essential oils if you don't want scent. I used the base recipe for the spray to create my own hair lotion.

starshade
September 15th, 2015, 10:39 AM
The naturallycurly website also has quite a few ideas in the recipes section. You can see if there are any you like there.

meteor
September 15th, 2015, 01:35 PM
I like to dilute a bit of rinse-out conditioner in water for a leave-in spray. And water can be replaced with diluted coconut water or rosewater or orange flower water (rosewater and orange flower water have a strong smell though).

Alternatively, water + a tsp of aloe/honey/glycerin works like a nice humectant-rich spray. And you can follow up with a drop or two of oil of choice to "seal in" the moisture.

Nadine <3
September 15th, 2015, 01:41 PM
I do the same as meteor. Works like a charm!

xcrunr2go
September 15th, 2015, 02:14 PM
I can't use honey on my hair, it will lighten it as well as dry it out, not initially but after a week or so & was not looking for any humectants just strictly moisture.

holothuroidea
September 15th, 2015, 02:30 PM
Kinky Curly makes a moisturizing spray that I absolutely love but can't afford.

There are a couple ingredients I've used to make my own at home that I had really good luck with:
Alma
Marshmallow Root
Slippery Elm Bark

I basically just made a tea with them and used them as a rinse, you could easily use them as a spray.

Remember if you make anything yourself with water, including diluting conditioners and etc, they don't have adequate preservatives. Sometimes you can refrigerate them and use them for a few days to a week, but they're always best when used fresh.