PDA

View Full Version : Woke up as a curlyhead

Kikina
September 13th, 2015, 04:09 PM
So that has happened to me twice. The first time I must have used less conditioner when washing, the second time I was just soaking myself in hot water after walking in heavy rain without doing anything in particular. Both times i went to bed with wet hair without even bothering to comb and then woke up having legit 2a/b locks :D They didn't look that glamorous but I wonder what the reason is - lack of conditioner, going to bed like that, whirling around?
I would post pictures if I weren't too lazy.

mz_butterfly
September 13th, 2015, 06:38 PM
Do you brush or comb your hair often? Many people have a different hair texture than they think they do because they brush a lot. Brushing flattens your curls. Leaving your hair unbrushed or uncombed may have revealed the true nature of your hair. :)

Anje
September 13th, 2015, 08:11 PM
Probably the lack of brushing (which straightens hair out a bit) plus the opportunity for the hair to dry in supported piles (just like the plopping technique wavies and curlies like to use to enhance their curls).

pailin
September 13th, 2015, 09:52 PM
My hair curls up quite a bit if I don't brush it or manipulate it, and having layers gives it more curl. But in practice, I like to brush it and if I let it curl, to me it looks stringy and messy. If you often have trouble with frizziness, that could also be a sign that these curls are really your natural texture.