PDA

View Full Version : Time To Fess Up- Your Crazy Hair Stuff

DollyDagger
September 11th, 2015, 08:49 AM
What's the nuttiest, strangest, craziest hair betterment thing your friends/family have caught you doing?

Besides walking around with funny looking flowerd showercaps covering masks too often, I've recently started wearing a big silk scarf while my hair is drying. I tie it around my neck and it flows down my back ...like a cape..lol :disco:

So my 20 year old son keeps teasing me and saying I think Im a superhero now..lol

Your turn....

TIA
Dolly:blossom:

shakenmilk
September 11th, 2015, 09:00 AM
(Superhero? More like superHAIRo! :p)

DollyDagger
September 11th, 2015, 09:02 AM
(Superhero? More like superHAIRo! :p)
haha..yeah :p

:happydance:

MINAKO
September 11th, 2015, 09:35 AM
When i was growing my bands out i used to bun them seperately at nigth and cover then in a small plastic bag, so i kinda looked like a garbage unicorn and my roommate was laughing so hard.

lapushka
September 11th, 2015, 09:36 AM
No nutty stuff here, except my curly girl method clipping while it air dries for about an hour (before it gets hit with the diffuser for a few minutes).

DollyDagger
September 11th, 2015, 09:42 AM
When i was growing my bands out i used to bun them seperately at nigth and cover then in a small plastic bag, so i kinda looked like a garbage unicorn and my roommate was laughing so hard.
Lmao garbage unicorn ..eheh I wouldve been on the floor laughing too :bounce:

No nutty stuff here, except my curly girl method clipping while it air dries for about an hour (before it gets hit with the diffuser for a few minutes).
Not too nutty..unless you ran out to the store with the clips still in your hair or something :)

missblueeyes
September 11th, 2015, 10:29 AM

That's certainly a different approach! I get why you'd bun them seperately but may I ask you why you'd put a plastic bag on them?

The craziest thing my boyfriend caught me doing was mixing hair treatments and carrying the measuring cup (filled with an ACV rinse) into the bathroom. He still thinks I'm a little mental. :lol:

DollyDagger
September 11th, 2015, 10:31 AM
lol... Walking back n forth with oils and containers and mixing bottles and stuff..eheh Sounds familiar.

rags
September 11th, 2015, 10:35 AM
Wearing a silk sleep bonnet that looks straight out of "Little House on the Praire". :p. And keeping coconut oil in the bathroom.

DollyDagger
September 11th, 2015, 11:05 AM
Wearing a silk sleep bonnet that looks straight out of "Little House on the Praire". :p. And keeping coconut oil in the bathroom.
hehe...Little house on the Prairie...
I forgot all about the bonnets..Ive got 3 in total, one crazier and homlier than the other :)

parkmikii
September 11th, 2015, 11:16 AM
Walking around the house with my satin bonnet or scarf on :)

meteor
September 11th, 2015, 11:24 AM
Honestly, my craziest look is when my hair is wet and I'm drying it loose. Seriously, I look like a wild animal until I comb it out or bun it. :lol: Even a shower cap makes me look a lot more presentable than that. :lol:

DollyDagger
September 11th, 2015, 11:27 AM
LOL...meteor Wild woman from borneo :) ehehehe..
parmikkki we're all so sexy in our sleep caps

Robot Ninja
September 11th, 2015, 11:36 AM
I'm incapable of dyeing my hair without also dyeing my face and neck, plus it gets pretty hot in my apartment so sometimes I dye my hair wearing a tank top, with predictable results. Then I put a plastic bag on my head. My daughter thinks the whole thing is hilarious.

DollyDagger
September 11th, 2015, 11:40 AM
^ hehe..least your providing entertainment:) I bet the hennaheads have scared their fare share of freinds and family looking like swampy moss heads

DreamSheep
September 11th, 2015, 11:46 AM
Explaining to a housemate that underneath my shower cap was an egg and honey mask :3

DollyDagger
September 11th, 2015, 11:49 AM
Lucky they didn't catch you in the act of applying the goop :)

missrandie
September 11th, 2015, 11:55 AM
My husband usually comes up with short, succinct phrases to describe what craziness I'm doing. For instance, when I'm wearing my sleep bonnet, he uses his 1940's voice on me and calls me Martha. The other day, I was wearing a scarf to cover up my greasies and he called me his classy kitchen wench. If he saw the scarf I have on right now, I have a feeling that he would try to use a Caribbean accent. When I am doing a deep treatment, he usually makes a Mario reference, because I have a mushroom head.

However, despite my Miss Muffit (another one of his namings) sleep cap, he still snuggles me. Too close. He uses my head, hair, and sleep cap as a pillow. He says, "if you don't want me to use you as a pillow, quit wearing a pillow hat. It's too soft to NOT lay on!"

Hairkay
September 11th, 2015, 12:03 PM
I carry baby food pouches to use as conditioner with me when I go swimming. I sit around for 10 minutes with a shower cap on and none of the strangers around me know what's in my hair. :D Oh at home any old shopping bag will do, no shower caps there.

ChloeDharma
September 11th, 2015, 12:13 PM
Nobody is really shocked by anything I do anymore. Once years ago I asked my dad to get some salmon from the supermarket, he goes "what's it for?" I was confused by the question so replied "to eat, what else would it be for?" he replied "well I dunno with you, I thought you'd shove it on your head!". He was just so used to me putting mud and food things on my hair.

My sisters think all the oilings etc are great and often call up for advice and ideas. My boyfriend got used to it rather quickly too so doesn't really say much about my henna or DT concoctions, he also started using the oils on his face and scalp and always uses an ACV rinse but he does laugh at how I look in my satin sleep caps. I admit, I do look awful in them!

restless
September 11th, 2015, 12:22 PM
Once years ago I asked my dad to get some salmon from the supermarket, he goes "what's it for?" I was confused by the question so replied "to eat, what else would it be for?" he replied "well I dunno with you, I thought you'd shove it on your head!".

I laughed out loud at this, its brilliant :D

My own crazy hair stuff; I store more edible oils in my bathroom than in my kitchen (4 vs 0 to be more precise).

Vrindi
September 11th, 2015, 12:28 PM
My husband and I were talking about things we want in our dream castle. I mentioned a micro fridge in the bathroom. He laughed, then stopped and said, "wait...why do I get the feeling you're not joking?" So I pointed to the top shelf in the fridge drawer, where all my homemade hair and face masks are, and he just says, "Oh."

Robot Ninja
September 11th, 2015, 12:48 PM
^ hehe..least your providing entertainment:) I bet the hennaheads have scared their fare share of freinds and family looking like swampy moss heads

Back when I was dyeing my hair red the kiddo came home from school one day, took one look at me covered in dye, and screamed "AAAACK! You're covered in blood! There's a vampire in the house, quick, get the garlic!"

Then when I rinsed it out, my shower looked like a murder scene. Red hair was fun like that.

meteor
September 11th, 2015, 12:52 PM
My husband and I were talking about things we want in our dream castle. I mentioned a micro fridge in the bathroom. He laughed, then stopped and said, "wait...why do I get the feeling you're not joking?" So I pointed to the top shelf in the fridge drawer, where all my homemade hair and face masks are, and he just says, "Oh."

Ha-ha! :lol: This thread is quickly turning into SO/DH Appreciation thread! :applause And for good reasons! ;)

Pat Wright
September 11th, 2015, 01:36 PM

I like this! I always feel like Little Red Riding Hood's Grandmother waiting for the Big Bad wolf!

MINAKO
September 11th, 2015, 01:41 PM
My hair was kinda dry and frizzy from too much styling and rubbing against the pillow or beanies. I would put a mask on the bangs section, then rinse it off in the morning and just clip it away

Nadine <3
September 11th, 2015, 01:58 PM
When I was CO washing I told my boyfriend I needed to pick something up in the hair section of the store and I'd grab it and meet him by the food so we could get groceries. I grabbed two conditioners and tossed them in the cart. Later that night we were putting the stuff away and he pulls the conditioners out of the bag and goes "Oh babe, you grabbed two conditioners on accident."

"Oh uh, I did that on purpose"

"Don't you need shampoo?"

"...no..."

I had a hard time explaining to him how I wash my hair, but he tried it out of curiousity and it healed up his scalp psoriasis. Once I was showering and washing my hair with an egg when he decided it would be romantic to hop in the shower with me...it was not lol My mom thinks everything I do to my hair is strange, but she also tells me it looks good all the time.

blue_eyes
September 11th, 2015, 05:39 PM
My husband usually comes up with short, succinct phrases to describe what craziness I'm doing. For instance, when I'm wearing my sleep bonnet, he uses his 1940's voice on me and calls me Martha.

I burst out laughing at this, you're husband sounds like he's got a great sense of humor.

I don't do many crazy things, but I'm sure if anyone caught me S&Ding for 3 hours in front of the tv they'd probably stage and intervention (and rightfully so, no wonder every hair on my head is at a different length!).
I did used to smother my hair in mayo while living with my parents, my dad especially found this a bit odd and said the smell gave him cravings for egg salad!

DollyDagger
September 11th, 2015, 06:27 PM
Hilarious you guys ..We crack us up :) !

Sarahlabyrinth
September 11th, 2015, 07:57 PM
I was staying with my sister for a while and made the mistake of mentioning that I wear a sleeping cap to her. She kept insisting that she see it on me so I put it on. She laughed so hard solidly for a whole five minutes and I felt quite offended that she found it THAT funny. Her husband told me that I would never find a man if I wore anything like that in bed.... I reached for a banana one day and she asked me if I was going to put it in my hair. I said that no, I was going to eat it, to which she said that one could never tell whether food was destined for my mouth or my hair.... Something of an exaggeration, I think. lol.

As it happens I have a wonderful man who thinks my sleeping cap is ever so cute and he reminds me to put it on if it looks like I am going to forget it.

Plus it keeps my hair tangle free and in great condition.

TrapperCreekD
September 12th, 2015, 01:53 PM
Nothing too crazy here, just plopping, also know as wearing a t-shirt tied to my head, and using "food" as hair products.

DollyDagger
September 12th, 2015, 03:10 PM
^ all a wee bit nutty to the uninitiated :)

DollyDagger
September 12th, 2015, 03:13 PM
My husband usually comes up with short, succinct phrases to describe what craziness I'm doing. For instance, when I'm wearing my sleep bonnet, he uses his 1940's voice on me and calls me Martha. The other day, I was wearing a scarf to cover up my greasies and he called me his classy kitchen wench. If he saw the scarf I have on right now, I have a feeling that he would try to use a Caribbean accent. When I am doing a deep treatment, he usually makes a Mario reference, because I have a mushroom head.

However, despite my Miss Muffit (another one of his namings) sleep cap, he still snuggles me. Too close. He uses my head, hair, and sleep cap as a pillow. He says, "if you don't want me to use you as a pillow, quit wearing a pillow hat. It's too soft to NOT lay on!"
Your hubby does sound like a total riot! hehe

Nobody is really shocked by anything I do anymore. Once years ago I asked my dad to get some salmon from the supermarket, he goes "what's it for?" I was confused by the question so replied "to eat, what else would it be for?" he replied "well I dunno with you, I thought you'd shove it on your head!". He was just so used to me putting mud and food things on my hair.

My sisters think all the oilings etc are great and often call up for advice and ideas. My boyfriend got used to it rather quickly too so doesn't really say much about my henna or DT concoctions, he also started using the oils on his face and scalp and always uses an ACV rinse but he does laugh at how I look in my satin sleep caps. I admit, I do look awful in them!
lmao :) you cant blame your dad..honest question he posed given your history ehehh

Sterlyn
September 12th, 2015, 03:25 PM
For those that have already seen this, my apologies: but I think this look qualifies as "crazy hair stuff" by anyone's standards. ;)

http://http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q667/sterlyn1/Hair%202015/length%20_zpscopri0w7.jpg (http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q667/sterlyn1/Hair%202015/length%20_zpscopri0w7.jpg)

Robot Ninja
September 12th, 2015, 03:42 PM
For those that have already seen this, my apologies: but I think this look qualifies as "crazy hair stuff" by anyone's standards. ;)

http://http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q667/sterlyn1/Hair%202015/length%20_zpscopri0w7.jpg (http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q667/sterlyn1/Hair%202015/length%20_zpscopri0w7.jpg)

:agape::thud::thud::thudpile:

I wouldn't call it "crazy," it's gorgeous! What color is it?

Sterlyn
September 12th, 2015, 03:45 PM
:agape::thud::thud::thudpile:

I wouldn't call it "crazy," it's gorgeous! What color is it?

My hairdresser put the color on, so I don't know the brand or if the color has a specific name. For me it's just the right shade of purple :p

DollyDagger
September 12th, 2015, 04:06 PM
Sterlyn if not crazy definitely BOLD AND OUTRAGEOUS! :)

AutobotsAttack
September 12th, 2015, 04:08 PM
1. Using food ingredients in my protein conditions
2. Coming home with 15+ bottles of hair products
3. Having five or six different combs and I use all of them
4. Freaking out when I let my mom comb my hair in sections WITH a wide tooth comb
5. Annoying my hubby with how much I want to deep condition his hair
6. Deep conditioning my friends hair without her consent (she liked it anyways)
7. Deep conditioning my dogs fur
8. Hanging my head out of my window to dry my hair while driving (got thousands of tangles)
9. Flat ironing my hair one year for a length check, and washing my hair immediately after (did all that work for nothing lol)

cat11
September 12th, 2015, 06:15 PM
1. Using food ingredients in my protein conditions
2. Coming home with 15+ bottles of hair products
3. Having five or six different combs and I use all of them
4. Freaking out when I let my mom comb my hair in sections WITH a wide tooth comb
5. Annoying my hubby with how much I want to deep condition his hair
6. Deep conditioning my friends hair without her consent (she liked it anyways)
7. Deep conditioning my dogs fur
8. Hanging my head out of my window to dry my hair while driving (got thousands of tangles)
9. Flat ironing my hair one year for a length check, and washing my hair immediately after (did all that work for nothing lol)

omg I love this especially the dog one lol!!! I wanna see that. I'm guilty of petting my cats with coconut oil to make their fur shiny lol.

I have all these "food" items in my shower... and a bowl for mixing my conditioner concoctions...

and my boyfreind thinks I have OCD or something because I'm always talking about "the friction" and I wont let my hair touch anything lol

DollyDagger
September 12th, 2015, 06:21 PM
ehhe...getting pets into hair/fur care ^ so cute

Finallymajor
September 12th, 2015, 08:21 PM
When my husband and I were engaged we spent the night at his parents. We stayed in separate rooms and I "plopped" my hair up with a flour sack to coerce my waves out for the next day. (No one had seen me in such a state) MIL needed to come in to my room for something and i just stood there like a deer in headlights. We still laugh about it.

DollyDagger
September 12th, 2015, 08:28 PM
When my husband and I were engaged we spent the night at his parents. We stayed in separate rooms and I "plopped" my hair up with a flour sack to coerce my waves out for the next day. (No one had seen me in such a state) MIL needed to come in to my room for something and i just stood there like a deer in headlights. We still laugh about it.
hehe...:) long as she doesnt call you mrs potato head

Pat Wright
September 16th, 2015, 06:27 AM
Doing the green house effect at bedtime. Sower cap with a black knit cap over it. I look like a cat burglar. I don't know how my husband stands it!:smooch:

liabobia
September 16th, 2015, 10:56 AM
I usually have an assortment of glass jars and bowls filled with strange goop around the bathroom - some deep conditioning concoction, a new hair oil blend, or something like that. My roommates just stopped asking questions because when they asked me what was in something I'd just sigh and roll my eyes.