PDA

View Full Version : CLASSIC by the end of 2016?

Sarahlabyrinth
September 10th, 2015, 03:48 PM
So, are you aiming for/will you be at Classic by the end of 2016?

Come and join me here in this thread - I am aiming for Classic by April 2016 but may be a bit lax about it, do some extra trimming but in any case my plans for next year include finally reaching my goal of Classic!

So, who will join me? :)

kjirstiben
September 10th, 2015, 04:54 PM
I'll join you here! I've got about 6.5" to go to achieve classic, which should be a reasonable goal for the end of 2016! So hello!

Sarahlabyrinth
September 10th, 2015, 04:57 PM
Hiya! ;) I have just under four inches to go but may need another couple inches on top of that to allow for shrinkage. Technically though, 44" will see me at classic stretched.

lapushka
September 10th, 2015, 05:01 PM
I just created a thread on this ;)
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=133918

Five of Five
September 10th, 2015, 05:03 PM
Count me in!

I'm near tailbone currently, though my ends are fairly thin.

When I first started at LHC, aiming for classic seemed like wishful thinking with my fragile hair. I am so stoked to be able to join this thread now :D

kjirstiben
September 10th, 2015, 10:10 PM
Sarahlabyrinth, good point about shrinkage! Of course, my hair's texture varies so wildly from day to day that I pretty much just count the "stretched" length as my official length. If I want to I can straighten it (by wrapping, of course! No heat here!) and be visually at that length, too...

Five of Five I know, I've got fine/tangly hair that naturally fairytales, too, and longer lengths seemed unrealistic at first! Granted, if I grow without trimming next year, I'll have classic length fairytale ends... classic with a nice hemline might take a few more years... (sigh.)

Becs
September 10th, 2015, 10:18 PM
Ooh I'm game! I'm a little past BCL right now, but also aggressively microtrimming to get rid of taper. Still, classic is my final goal and even with trimming I'm thinking I could get there by the conclusion of 2016!

AutobotsAttack
September 11th, 2015, 12:27 AM
I'm only at BSL right now, but I think I can make it with extra hard work and TCL.. So count me in!

Agnes Hannah
September 11th, 2015, 11:19 AM
I'm almost at bcl at the min, 33" long, classic is 40" on me, I'm petite at 4'10". I think I'm in with a chance!!
Count me in!

StellaKatherine
September 11th, 2015, 11:51 AM
I have joined the classic by the end of the 2015. But to be honest I am not sure if I truly get there as a dry and wavy. As well I want to cut about 2 inches at the new year to make the hemline more straight and healthy looking. So it is very much possible that I shall join here ;)

restless
September 11th, 2015, 12:12 PM
Im in! :) My goal for this year is BCL by christmas, and from there on I have another 6-7 inches to go until I reach classic. Maybe I wont make it completely there, but itīll be close enough and worth a shot. However I keep changing my goal beyween TBL and classic all the time, so I may or may not stop at TBL already. Weīll see when I get there. Today the goal is classic though and therefore I join you guys ;)

Sarahlabyrinth
September 11th, 2015, 03:34 PM
Lovely to see you all here!;)

maborosi
September 11th, 2015, 03:38 PM
I -might- be able to make it. Classic is just 43" on me, and I'll most likely hit 36" at the end of this year.

LongCurlyTress
September 11th, 2015, 03:49 PM
I doubt I will get to classic by the end of 2016 but I am hoping for 2017 for classic to be realistic about it. I am about 8 inches away from classic now. But good luck to everyone! :joy:

Pearly~91
September 11th, 2015, 08:03 PM
This is the thread for me!
I'm just short of tailbone right now at 39.5 inches (stretched.) I think classic is about 45 inches on me when stretched, a bit longer with my natural waves.
It'll be close, but I should be at least brushing classic by the end of next year. Then I might maintain at classic for a year to get rid of the layers, but we'll see what I feel like when I get there.

Lady Katherine
September 11th, 2015, 08:14 PM
I think I'll join this thread! I joined the classic by Christmas thread for this year, but I've been having regular trims, so realistically, I won't make it. Maybe trying for next year would be a good goal for me!

Magalo
September 11th, 2015, 08:47 PM
Might get there if I don't trim. Then I would trim back to TBL. :) Sounds good!

TrapperCreekD
September 12th, 2015, 02:16 PM
Me, me! I'll reach my goal of classic stretched at the end of this year but I'm planning a celebratory trim so I'll be back to pursuing ~classic length.

Suka
September 15th, 2015, 07:38 AM
Count me in! I'm about 8 inches away. This will be my first time reaching classic :o

MsPharaohMoan
October 19th, 2015, 03:08 AM
I'm almost at bcl at the min, 33" long, classic is 40" on me, I'm petite at 4'10". I think I'm in with a chance!!
Count me in!

Hmmm, I'm like you! Almost at bcl, 33 inches, classic is 40! I'm almost 5 foot 2 though... Let's do it!

Nique1202
October 19th, 2015, 04:58 AM
I joined the tbl by the end of 2016 thread back when these started but hmmmm my layers haven't been bothering me as much lately and I'm only 8 inches away, but I grow close to 9 inches in a year. I might not make it if I start trimming out layers again but I might make it if I just let it grow. Classic by 30 IS one of my big goals so to reach it a year early... well, no harm in aiming for the stars as long as it's gonna be a soft landing, right?

Lucy Elizabeth
October 19th, 2015, 03:55 PM
Oooh i'm in!

At 35.25 right now, hoping to reach tailbone (41) or classic (43 or 44) by the end of next year! I'll be happy with either! Seems very probable unless something goes terribly wrong with my hair :pray:

Saige
October 19th, 2015, 08:16 PM
I'm in too! I just reached TBL at 39 inches. Classic on me is 43 inches, so I should be able to make it by the end of next year if I don't trim too much.

Kendrix
October 19th, 2015, 11:54 PM
Hmmm... wow. I think this one might actually be a possibility for me. Right now I am at 37 inches and at TBLish (such a tough checkpoint to verify). I think Classic is closer to my tailbone than BCL was, so maybe another 5-6 inches? It might be possible in a year.

Agnes Hannah
October 20th, 2015, 04:03 PM
Hmmm, I'm like you! Almost at bcl, 33 inches, classic is 40! I'm almost 5 foot 2 though... Let's do it!

Ok we'll do it together! Mine is growing like a weed at the minute, my longest racer hairs are at BCL, squeeee!

MsPharaohMoan
October 20th, 2015, 07:34 PM
Woohoooo that's exciting. I trimmed most of my racer hairs out but it's like the layers never end ughh

Nique1202
October 21st, 2015, 04:50 AM
Woohoooo that's exciting. I trimmed most of my racer hairs out but it's like the layers never end ughh

I suspect maintaining at classic to get rid of layers will be much easier than trying to trim them out while growing. By the time my hemline reaches classic, my shortest layers should be near midback so they might finally decide to stay in english braids even when they're particularly slippery. I should also be able to do all the buns and styles I want to do except maybe the single coronet braid. So at that point I'll have so many styles I shouldn't get bored anymore, and trimming out all my growth won't feel like such a sacrifice because I'll already have the length.

So, maybe it'll be the same for you!

Ava Ruu
October 21st, 2015, 05:15 AM
This could be possible for me too? My hair is somewhere between bcl and tbl, it grows reasonably fast and I don't cut that often. I've never actually measured my growth rate, so it's a bit difficult to estimate.

MsPharaohMoan
October 21st, 2015, 10:53 AM
It's true, trimming growth once I'm at goal length (and I suspect classic is goal) will be a lot less of a sacrifice. Then again, dustings really do add up! Decisions, decisions... It's like being in the final stretch of the race to goal length :lol:

omega
October 24th, 2015, 10:56 PM
Count me in! 38" today...42" brings me to Classic.

hollygraham43
October 25th, 2015, 01:34 PM
I'm in! Just brushing BCL so classic is definitely doable by the end of next year. Now I am off to find the no trim thread.

Arete
October 25th, 2015, 09:03 PM
I think I'll reach classic sometime between may-november of next year depending on growth rate. I have 5.5/6" to classic, and 7" until it'll LOOK classic.

Sarahlabyrinth
October 25th, 2015, 09:26 PM
So many of us in this exciting thread!:joy:

kikuhoshi
October 26th, 2015, 12:58 AM
Count me in! I'm in the abyss between hip & tailbone (some longer hairs are TB, mostly between), which is roughly 33" on me, and classic is roughly 41".

Rushli
November 1st, 2015, 01:33 PM
I am at BCL currently, and if my numbers are accurate, I should have 6" to go to CL. Easily done by the end of 2016 especially if I get my pregnancy growth bump for the next 8 months! I have not officially measured to see if the extra growth as finally kicked in, but as of 12 weeks (now 19) it had not. Last time I got it for a good 3 months afterwards, so I can only hope for that extra growth :)

Nique1202
November 1st, 2015, 02:13 PM
I am at BCL currently, and if my numbers are accurate, I should have 6" to go to CL. Easily done by the end of 2016 especially if I get my pregnancy growth bump for the next 8 months! I have not officially measured to see if the extra growth as finally kicked in, but as of 12 weeks (now 19) it had not. Last time I got it for a good 3 months afterwards, so I can only hope for that extra growth :)

6" is an average year's growth anyway, I'm sure you can make it there with us next year even if this little one doesn't give you the same rush of growth as your last. :cheer:

Rushli
November 1st, 2015, 04:59 PM
Nique, I am hoping so! Even if I am off by a couple inches in my guess, I should at least be close by the end of the year with normal growth.

Echileruwen
November 1st, 2015, 05:10 PM
Me, too! I'm right at BCL, and am hoping to be at classic by the end of 2016. My avatar shows where I was when I joined at the beginning of this year, so at the current rate, it's possible. :)

Alex Lou
November 1st, 2015, 05:18 PM
I think I can do this. I'll have to measure the height of my butt first to make sure before I can commit. >.> I do only get the average 6 inches a year.

Marbid
November 2nd, 2015, 06:39 AM
Count me in!

Oh! We are twins! Im also at 33" right now. Not quite tailbone on me, but really close. Classic is 40" on me as well. Im 4ft 11"....
Cool!
Unfortunately i wont reach classic by christmas 2016. Its a tight squeeze in hairgrowth if i dont trim. But i trim regulalry every 3 months so i wont be getting to 40". Maybe 38"
I'll be close thou. What a shame. But i like my straight hemline too much.

Marbid
November 2nd, 2015, 06:46 AM
Also.. I too am expecting a baby! But sadly no pregnancy growth for me. Due january 8... And hair has not gotten any growth spurts, so i dont expect any miracles in the next two months that can take me to clasic by 2016.... Sadly

Rushli
November 2nd, 2015, 01:13 PM
Congrats on the baby!!!! Bummer about no extra growth, but you (and I) will make it even without it!

Nique1202
December 24th, 2015, 06:51 AM
About to start the year with solidly 33" of hair at the bottom hemline, only 7" away from classic (and maybe a little closer than that even by the 1st) so I stand a good chance of getting there some time in October or November if I don't trim or stall out. Sometimes I'm really really glad I'm short even if my classic won't be as impressive as most. :laugh: I'm excited to get there anyway, though depending on how my layers get on my nerves over the course of the year I might have to decide between chopping and maintaining... But, that's a bridge to cross when I get there. For now, I'm settling in for the long haul. :popcorn: How's everyone else doing?

Mavi
December 26th, 2015, 05:04 PM
I am pretty confident that I will make classic by the end of 2016. I currently have a very crappy 42" and classic is about 45". Hopefully I will grow enough to actually be able to trim to a slightly thicker classic by 2017.

RebekahE
December 26th, 2015, 05:37 PM
I'm a good, strong waist and hoping to be hip by Feb. It is a bit of a stretch but I am hoping with my Monistat treatments I'll be able to make it or get close. So count me in!!!

LongCurlyTress
December 26th, 2015, 07:59 PM
Sarahlabyrinth, good point about shrinkage! Of course, my hair's texture varies so wildly from day to day that I pretty much just count the "stretched" length as my official length. If I want to I can straighten it (by wrapping, of course! No heat here!) and be visually at that length, too...

kjirstiben-- That is exactly why I only measure stretched out and wet hair! Otherwise, my curly 3b hair varies so much depending on if it has been in a bun, a braid, or left to spiral.. it just would not be a very accurate measurement if I left it curly, and would also be very disappointing as the shrinkage would be horrible!! Great minds think alike!! :beerchug:

Five of Five I know, I've got fine/tangly hair that naturally fairytales, too, and longer lengths seemed unrealistic at first! Granted, if I grow without trimming next year, I'll have classic length fairytale ends... classic with a nice hemline might take a few more years... (sigh.)

I am in the same situation at 35.5 inches now and classic on me is 41 inches. I need to trim off at least a half inch every few months when my ends get all velcrowy and tangly and then I get more hair shedding so it's just not worth it to not trim as necessary! We will get to classic! If not by December 2016, then maybe by December, 2017?? Let's hope so!! :hifive:

Sarahlabyrinth
December 30th, 2015, 12:33 PM
Ok, so I measured this morning and I'm sitting on a nice 40" ready to begin the New Year. Classic stretched is 44" on me and 46" unstretched. So I just might make it :)

Akville
December 31st, 2015, 07:00 AM
Count me in.
I'm past my hip now .. I hope to make it to classic at the end of this year..
Happy new year!!!

TrapperCreekD
December 31st, 2015, 12:17 PM
Looks like I'm in! I did get Classic length stretched for Christmas this year, which was my goal, but it was only the super exuberant racers and when I'm standing up perfectly straight. I want it to be clearly TBL+ when I'm just casually standing there. Can't wait for my trim and to start growing again!

http://i.imgur.com/Yckpw2i.png

The green line denotes where my ends actually are -- who know they would be so hard to see against non-black jeans?? I've given up measuring my hair because it's so hard to get an accurate measurement, but Classic appears to be about 40.5", maybe 41" at the longest, on me.

Phanaferous
January 2nd, 2016, 02:17 PM
I'm in! At tailbone now, so classic should be attainable by the end of the year. Have to measure officially, but Classic is about 45-47 inches on me. I plan to go with no trims, so full steam ahead!

Entangled
January 2nd, 2016, 04:58 PM
I might be able to join this thread. I'm not quite at tailbone yet, but my hair might make it. We'll see. Maybe I'll try microtrimming instead of big trims.

longsword
January 2nd, 2016, 05:08 PM
I'm pretty sure I will make it too by the end of 2016 even with a trim in there somewhere (my ends are getting frustratingly tangly and catchy). I am at tailbone right now and another 3 inches will get me there.

Princess_Anna
January 3rd, 2016, 12:08 PM
Count me in! Around tbl now (stretched), so hopefully fingers crossed!

Also I'm back after almost a year's hiatus! I've missed this place and all you people <3

Rhodugune
January 6th, 2016, 01:39 PM
Welcome back Princess_Anna! :)

Im joining too, have about 4 inches to go, so hopefully I will get there by the end of the year.

Stars
January 6th, 2016, 02:25 PM
I think I will join afterall! I'm tailbone now, but there is a hill my hair has to grow over lol, and the sides grow faster than the middle. It grows in a "W" with the middle catching up gradually. No trims at all for me this year.

Classic length on me is only 31" because I am only 62 inches tall. My hair is currently 27 inches long. I'm sure I can grow and retain 4+ inches this year.

veryhairyfairy
January 7th, 2016, 07:54 AM
Okay, I'm in!

I maintained at TBL all of 2015 in order to remove damage, but there's still quite a bit left so I'll be trimming fairly aggressively this year.

If my measurements were correct, I grew 10" in a calendar year, so even with trimming off 5-6" over 2016 I should still barely make classic.

It feels good to be growing again! :cheese:

jupiterinleo
January 10th, 2016, 04:06 PM
I'll jump in on this as well.

I'm nearly TBL right now and I have about 6 inches to go until CL. I can just make it. My new BBB is in the mail and the extra scalp stimulation will probably help to accelerate my growth rate a little.

Komao
January 10th, 2016, 04:32 PM
I'm in Sarah. I'm a little passed bcl right now so I'm not sure when I'll get to classic but it will happen this year!
So excited and your hair looks more magnificent every time I see it.

Sarahlabyrinth
January 10th, 2016, 05:19 PM
I'm in Sarah. I'm a little passed bcl right now so I'm not sure when I'll get to classic but it will happen this year!
So excited and your hair looks more magnificent every time I see it.

Thank you Komau - it will be exciting to reach Classic - for us all in this thread ;)

Nique1202
January 10th, 2016, 05:54 PM
It's gonna be hard not to measure weekly this year because classic is my biggest official goal. When I first decided to give up on specific goals, I decided I really wanted to try to reach at least classic by the time I turn 30. If I can make it this year I'll be a whole year ahead because I don't turn 30 until December of 2017. So, waiting for every half inch is going to be agonizing. Even though I don't know if I'm gonna stop at classic, it's sort of The Milestone for me where I hope my hair starts to really feel long enough, whether I stay there or not.

I'm also glad there are so many of us trying! Even if we're at various distances away from it, my favourite part of the LHC is that you're never alone on your journey from one milestone to the next.

WaitingSoLong
January 11th, 2016, 07:41 AM
I can reach classic this year if my hair grows properly!

I am at 37.5", TBL is 38" and Classic is 42" so that's 4.5" I need overall. I do have several microtrims planned so we will see. I have been getting only 5" a year the last 3 years. Maybe this is the year I go back to 6" a year.

I nearly reached my goal of TBL virgin hair by my 40th birthday (last month) but not quite. My hair is healthy but I am trimming out some layers I cut in to get rid of the sun-in from several years ago. I have been to classic at least twice before. The longest I have been is fingertip. I don't really have plans to grow past TBL but if the hem is good, we will see.

MsPharaohMoan
January 11th, 2016, 09:05 AM
It's gonna be hard not to measure weekly this year because classic is my biggest official goal. When I first decided to give up on specific goals, I decided I really wanted to try to reach at least classic by the time I turn 30. If I can make it this year I'll be a whole year ahead because I don't turn 30 until December of 2017. So, waiting for every half inch is going to be agonizing. Even though I don't know if I'm gonna stop at classic, it's sort of The Milestone for me where I hope my hair starts to really feel long enough, whether I stay there or not.

I'm also glad there are so many of us trying! Even if we're at various distances away from it, my favourite part of the LHC is that you're never alone on your journey from one milestone to the next.

It's The Milestone for me as well, the first length I saw when I joined and said to myself, waaaaant! Just trying to put it up and forget about it, distract myself with pretty toys :lala:

AmberJewel
January 11th, 2016, 10:51 PM
Never thought I'd actually get to be in a "Classic by ..." thread. I'm hovering around tailbone now and Classic is roughly 4" away... I think. I'm terrible at measuring. :)

Sarahlabyrinth
January 11th, 2016, 11:05 PM
So many of us around 4" away.... brilliant ;)

brickworld13
January 14th, 2016, 04:18 PM
Oh hey. I will definitely reach this milestone. I may already be there, but selfies don't show it to me very well.

Saige
January 14th, 2016, 04:33 PM
I've finally made it to 40 inches, which has been a milestone for me for a while. I think classic is around 43 inches on me, so only 3 inches to go. So exciting!

restless
January 15th, 2016, 01:54 AM
Looks like a lot of you guys will graduate this thread early :) I think itīll be a close call for me; Im bcl at the moment and expect my hair to be tbl by the summer. If I make it to classic too it wont be until the very end of the year. Im still excited to be in this thread though, I never thought Id be in a "classic"-one :D

Nique1202
January 15th, 2016, 04:26 AM
Looks like a lot of you guys will graduate this thread early :) I think itīll be a close call for me; Im bcl at the moment and expect my hair to be tbl by the summer. If I make it to classic too it wont be until the very end of the year. Im still excited to be in this thread though, I never thought Id be in a "classic"-one :D

I'm in the same boat! For a long time I wasn't sure if I'd ever make it here, and it's gonna be a close thing for 2016. If I reach classic it won't be before October for absolute sure, and if my growth hits another stall or slows down a bit I might not make it this year at all (though I should hopefully be within an inch of it anyway) but I have to try. It's too exciting not to try when you get to this point. :cheer:

jupiterinleo
January 15th, 2016, 10:40 AM
I just measured my hair for the first time (from the forehead hairline and over the back of the head, right?) and I'm actually closer to classic than I thought. I'm at 38" and classic is 43", so I'll definitely be reaching classic instead of the previous hopefully. :D

lapis_lazuli
January 15th, 2016, 10:53 AM
Seems like a lot of you are close! Congrats!!! :cheer:

Akville
January 16th, 2016, 09:28 AM
Never thought I'd actually get to be in a "Classic by ..." thread. I'm hovering around tailbone now and Classic is roughly 4" away... I think. I'm terrible at measuring. :)

neither did I :D

LongCurlyTress
January 21st, 2016, 08:50 AM
I probably will not reach classic until the end of 2017, but I am bookmarking this thread to stay motivated and to read how everyone is progressing towards classic. I hope to start maintaining with monthly microtrims when I will hopefully reach TBL with a full hemline in a few more months. Currently at 36 inches at the center of my hemline when stretched out. The urge to trim off that section so I can even off the hemline into a smoother U shape-- is so great!! But I will carry on and hold out until the rest of my hemline catches up to 37 inches. Then maintain there. Classic is 42 inches on me so once I get growing length again, hopefully I will have a nice healthy hemline with which to begin that part of my hair growing journey! ;) Good luck everyone!! :popcorn:

ETA And I agree with all those who say they never thought they would be at this current length. When I first joined LHC at apl, I admired and lurked at all the length photos, esp tbl and beyond. Now I am officially a part of these threads! Well, almost! LOL... any day now... hehe...;)

ETA2 Well...I just trimmed off about an inch. It feels so much better and I am so far, happy I did this. I guess it is important to do what is best for ourselves and our own growth goals. Anyways, I did just micro? trim and I am glad I did this. Now to go hide those scissors! :couch:

Komao
March 17th, 2016, 12:06 PM
Do you think I can make Classic in 2016? Just did a trim and now will just let it grow.

http://i1029.photobucket.com/albums/y352/louiegpic/image_zpscaudvok4.jpeg (http://s1029.photobucket.com/user/louiegpic/media/image_zpscaudvok4.jpeg.html)

Bubble_Curl
March 17th, 2016, 01:00 PM
I'm undecided about whether I want to stop at TBL or keep going till classic... But if I do, I would like to do all I can to get there by the end of this year. I am at hip now after a few recent chops to work on my ends and hemline from nearly brushing classic. This time, it'll be healthier hair and thicker, nicer ends ����

CreatureBailey
March 18th, 2016, 11:45 AM
I am hip length... do you guys think I can make it? :O I guess I'll join too. :D

Pearly~91
March 18th, 2016, 01:40 PM
Komao, Bubble_Curl, and CreatureBailey Welcome to the thread! Growing to Classic from Hip in 9 months wouldn't have worked on me, but good luck to you! Classic from BCL is a bit more attainable, I think.

As for me I'm hoping to be there by the end of summer. How's everyone else progressing?

Bubble_Curl
March 18th, 2016, 01:57 PM
Komao, Bubble_Curl, and CreatureBailey Welcome to the thread!

Thank you for the warm welcome! :joy::blossom::flower:

Komao
March 18th, 2016, 02:05 PM
Pearly~91, me too, thanking you for warm welcome. ;)

Sarahlabyrinth
March 18th, 2016, 02:12 PM
I have only 3" to go! :happydance: So I'll get there, for sure! Can't wait ;)

RavennaNight
March 18th, 2016, 03:53 PM
Classic is 44 on me, the longest hairs are 39." It's plausible, but my hair seems to grow slower than I think it does. We'll see.

Saige
March 18th, 2016, 04:09 PM
I'm currently 2 inches away from classic. It's also getting close to the cooler months where I live and my growth seems to slow down at that time of year, so I think it will take me another 4 or 5 months to reach classic. Waiting is driving me insane!

Sarahlabyrinth
March 18th, 2016, 04:16 PM
I know that feeling. I'm trying to just put it up and forget about it. The fact that I'm micro trimming isn't making it happen any faster either.

Saige
March 18th, 2016, 04:29 PM
I think putting it up and forgetting about it is the best option. I've never been a patient person! At least the microtrims will keep the hemline healthy, even though it sacrifices length. We will get there eventually!

Sarahlabyrinth
March 18th, 2016, 04:34 PM
We will - and then - champagne!!!

CreatureBailey
March 18th, 2016, 08:49 PM
I'm kinda short so I don't have too much inches to go to reach next lenghts. ^^ I think I need another 7 inches for classic. o.o Seven inches do you guys think I can make it? C'mon daily scalp massages, co-wash Wednesday, wash Sunday with vegan shampoo, drinking a lot of water, taking complex-B vitamins + magic potion + fish oil softgels, plus exercices c'mon gimme a Y gimme a E gimme a S gimme a YES for me :cheer:

Saige
March 19th, 2016, 12:03 AM
We will - and then - champagne!!!
That sounds good!! :toast:

Komao
March 19th, 2016, 06:19 AM
CreatureBailey, I'll give a YES for you! If ever a touch shy, think how close you'll be. With everything you're doing and with a sprinkle of :magic: & you're positive thinking, yes, yes, yes.

Nique1202
March 19th, 2016, 06:52 AM
I think I'm still on track to make it. I grew a little more than an inch in Jan-Feb and I seemed to be reaching a bit of a spurt in the back half of February too. I'm resisting the urge to measure every week but only just. :wigtongue

Komao
March 19th, 2016, 07:04 AM
[QUOTE=Nique1202;3192027]I think I'm still on track to make it. I grew a little more than an inch in Jan-Feb and I seemed to be reaching a bit of a spurt in the back half of February too. I'm resisting the urge to measure every week but only just.

Contined growth for you! I think this is a very exciting milestone to attain. ;)

Bubble_Curl
March 19th, 2016, 12:44 PM
I like the idea of continued growth for all of us and champagne (or chocolate!) to celebrate!

Let me share that I was just brushing classic a little over a month ago but had not been maintaining my ends or hemlines with microtrims... I ended up having to do a five+ inch chop to nearly hip. Now I have to work towards that again and I am hoping to get there by the end of the year. I know it seems like it takes longer without the trims but it takes even longer to have to go back and "fix" the issues of not keeping your ends in good condition.

But, on the plus size, even though my hair is the shortest it has been since 2010 at least, I have the biggest buns ever and the thickest hemline I have had! So when I do finally get to classic, it will be even prettier than it would have been before my recent chop. I am trying to focus on that :D

Bubble_Curl
March 22nd, 2016, 11:40 AM
I'm a little discouraged... I finally measured my hair again (I had been feeling the NEEEED to do it every day for like the last month but held myself back to give it time to actually grow!) after my chop last month. Oddly, my hair measured a clear inch shorter than the last measurement. I stretched it out and still, no change. I find this impossible and am attributing it to user error. I must have done something wrong. I also measured where classic would be for me. But even if my current length was unchanged from the previous measurement, it would still take me a hundred years until I reach classic if I grow at the average rate! So, I am feeling a bit disillusioned and impatient.

:( Just a small rant over here because I am discouraged. I know it won't be that long and my hair will be healthier and prettier... but I was soooo close that it feels disappointing knowing it won't be for awhile.

Thanks for letting me rant... I'm done now!

cocoahair
March 22nd, 2016, 12:10 PM
This isn't going to happen for me *sigh* I'm lost in the land between tailbone and classic but I wish you all the best!

Bubble_Curl
March 22nd, 2016, 01:01 PM
This isn't going to happen for me *sigh* I'm lost in the land between tailbone and classic but I wish you all the best!

Maybe not for the end of 2016, but you will be there eventually and it will be worth the wait :flower:

cocoahair
March 22nd, 2016, 01:59 PM
Maybe not for the end of 2016, but you will be there eventually and it will be worth the wait :flower:
aww :) thank you Bubble_Curl I feel your struggle by the way. :grouphug:

MlleMC
March 22nd, 2016, 02:50 PM
I will likely be at classic by summer, but considering how broken my ends are, I'm starting to think that I might need to stay there for a while. I have a good 6 inches of damaged hair (from flat-ironing, neglect and time I guess).

Bubble_Curl
March 23rd, 2016, 01:51 PM
Thank you, cocoahair... I keep reminding myself that this is what will teach patience, but then I decide maybe patience is overrated :p But eventually, it will happen! And then celebrations will be fantastic!

nakima
March 29th, 2016, 01:11 AM
I just trimmed back to tailbone for the last time lol! my hair looks healthy enough to move forward now so I would love to join you all on the journey to classic. Not sure if I will make by the end of the year but I am hopeful. I should have been there by now but I kept having problems with breakage,splits etc. I think its under control now so on we go! good luck to all of you and happy growing!

MsPharaohMoan
May 12th, 2016, 10:49 AM
http://i66.tinypic.com/2vkhls0.jpg

So close... and yet... So far!

Pearly~91
May 12th, 2016, 10:51 AM
Do you think you can make it?

MsPharaohMoan
May 12th, 2016, 11:05 AM
I think I physically can but I have three to four inches left so it's going to be a close call to make it by the end of the year! Kinda of exciting.

Pearly~91
May 12th, 2016, 11:10 AM
Definitely exciting! Good luck! :cheer:

Sarahlabyrinth
May 12th, 2016, 01:41 PM
I have two inches to go so should make it! Quick growing to you all!

LongCurlyTress
May 12th, 2016, 02:13 PM
I have two inches to go so should make it! Quick growing to you all!

Oh wow How exciting!!!! Is classic your final goal? Will you maintain once you grow there? How exciting!! You are my hair role model.... for motivation!! Yay!! Grow --Grow --Grow!!! :toast:

I wish I could say that I was closer to your length but I am trailing behind and need at least 5-6 more inches before I can call classic. Oh well! My hair is longer than it was last year! Gd grant me patience and I want it NOW!! LOL! ;)

Sarahlabyrinth
May 12th, 2016, 02:24 PM
Oh wow How exciting!!!! Is classic your final goal? Will you maintain once you grow there? How exciting!! You are my hair role model.... for motivation!! Yay!! Grow --Grow --Grow!!! :toast:

I wish I could say that I was closer to your length but I am trailing behind and need at least 5-6 more inches before I can call classic. Oh well! My hair is longer than it was last year! Gd grant me patience and I want it NOW!! LOL! ;)

Haha, I would give you patience if I had any to spare! Waist was my final goal...lol. I still have classic as my final official goal, but, as usual, LHC-itis strikes again and I am pondering growing to knee if my hair and ends will allow it. :p

YOu'll be at Classic in a year, that's not long! :happydance:

Nique1202
May 12th, 2016, 02:44 PM
My hair has only been growing a thoroughly average half inch a month, which will leave me an inch short of classic by the end of the year unless I get a big growth bonus. At that point I should be classic-when-wet though, which would technically fulfill the thread goal, even if it's not in the spirit of it. :shrug: Still, I'll be close enough to be happy, I think. And, there's always the chance of a summer growth spurt!

LongCurlyTress
May 13th, 2016, 09:38 AM
Haha, I would give you patience if I had any to spare! Waist was my final goal...lol. I still have classic as my final official goal, but, as usual, LHC-itis strikes again and I am pondering growing to knee if my hair and ends will allow it. :p

YOu'll be at Classic in a year, that's not long! :happydance:

That would be great if I reach Classic in a year....It's all like a huge unchartered hair growing journey, isn't it? I look at it this way... even if my hair doesn't get any longer than it currently is, I am happy it has gotten this long. I know you are also someone who sees the glass as half full, so whatever extra length we get is a blessing and the whip cream on top of that hot dutch apple pie... LOL! As she runs off to go find some hot apple pie...;):run:

My hair has only been growing a thoroughly average half inch a month, which will leave me an inch short of classic by the end of the year unless I get a big growth bonus. At that point I should be classic-when-wet though, which would technically fulfill the thread goal, even if it's not in the spirit of it. :shrug: Still, I'll be close enough to be happy, I think. And, there's always the chance of a summer growth spurt!

If your hair reaches classic when wet, then that is really how long it is Nique. No worries... As a curlygirl, that is the only way I can really get an accurate/consistent measurement since the hair length is there...it's just styled with waves and/or curls so the accurate/consistent measuring is when the strands are wet and stretched out for consistency's sake. :agree: btw, that is pretty exciting to grow to classic and to hope to be there in a year.... Nice!! ;)

lapushka
May 13th, 2016, 10:05 AM

My hair is measured stretched, not wet, but stretched; I think wet counts! :)

Vanilla
May 13th, 2016, 12:27 PM
Joining! I've got 2-3 inches until classic. Not sure if I'll make it, but I'm hoping I will. :)

Sarahlabyrinth
May 13th, 2016, 02:48 PM
Joining! I've got 2-3 inches until classic. Not sure if I'll make it, but I'm hoping I will. :)

I'm sure you will, Vanilla! :)

fairy_hair
May 17th, 2016, 11:11 AM
I was waiting until I was a confident classic, then got busy with other things, and now my hair is magically more than 2 inches past classic when wet! I love it when that happens! Onto mid-thigh I go... then I might maintain there for a while... Anyone else feel like when their hair is so long, it feels like it gets shorter as it grows more? So frustrating - I want to FEEL like Rapunzel as much as look like her!!

Pearly~91
May 17th, 2016, 11:15 AM
Anyone else feel like when their hair is so long, it feels like it gets shorter as it grows more? So frustrating - I want to FEEL like Rapunzel as much as look like her!!

Yes, this has been hugely frustrating for me as well! Congrats on Classic! :cheer:

fairy_hair
May 17th, 2016, 12:29 PM
Yes, this has been hugely frustrating for me as well! Congrats on Classic! :cheer:

Thank you! Even though it feels like waist! :happydance:

Vanilla
May 18th, 2016, 08:24 PM
I'm sure you will, Vanilla! :)

Thanks Sarah! Fighting the urge to microtrim currently. My ends are looking a bit sad and clumpy.

Suka
June 5th, 2016, 06:47 PM
Ugh I am so frustrated with being a curly right now. When my hair is wet and stretched, I only have about 4" till classic. However, when it's dry and brushed out, it's looks like it's at waist :nono:

It's depressing to think how long my hair will need to be in order to actually look classic. :disbelief:boohoo:

Nique1202
July 28th, 2016, 06:27 PM
Today, I had to give up on this challenge. I got too ambitious and hopeful about my hair growth this year, and I just wasn't gonna make it anyway so I trimmed and even though I still feel sick about it (my brain sucks at giving up on goals) I know I'm gonna feel better about it soon, and I might even want to trim back further.

Good luck to everyone staying in this thread though!

Decoy24601
July 28th, 2016, 06:31 PM
Oooh, I'll have to join this thread! Classic by the end of 2016 is my goal. Last time I measured I was at 38.25" and classic for me should be at 42-43" (I didn't measure very accurately). My hair looks sooo close.

This is my most recent length shot:
http://i.imgur.com/CEBdOWr.png

I won't be trimming at all until I reach classic, so I think I should be there in a few months or so.

Vanilla
July 28th, 2016, 06:47 PM
I measured again, and classic is 6 inches more than my current length. Darn big butt!

Phanaferous
July 29th, 2016, 04:32 PM
Well, sometime this past month I reached Classic. In June I was close but wanted to give it another month, and now here we are at the end of July already. I don't even have an official length shot, but I feel like it's time to call it. Next up is fingertip!

Komao
August 3rd, 2016, 03:33 PM
I hope I can make it to classic length by the end of this year. What do you think my chances are?http://i1029.photobucket.com/albums/y352/louiegpic/Mobile%20Uploads/2016_080818_2611_251_zps7qwpyh0y.jpg (http://s1029.photobucket.com/user/louiegpic/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2016_080818_2611_251_zps7qwpyh0y.jpg.html)

Sarahlabyrinth
September 7th, 2016, 08:31 PM
I made it! :)

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh582/Sarahlabyrinth/2a0b193a-2c96-4e5b-b2c2-266a9299028a.jpg

Tosca
September 7th, 2016, 09:19 PM
Yay for you! I still have about 2 inches to go, but hopefully by Christmas I'll be there. I'll be wearing it up constantly by then due to the heat, so maybe I'll get there and not even notice it. I just measured, and waist to classic is about 16in on me. No wonder it's taken me so long to get here from waist (I was at waist January 2014, after a rather traumatic cut where I told mum to cut all the damage off, and she cut it from BCL all the way up to waist. I thought she'd only cut an inch or two off!)

lapushka
September 8th, 2016, 03:01 PM
Congrats! :D :cheer:

Vanilla
September 8th, 2016, 04:58 PM
Congrats Sarahlabyrinth! Your hair looks awesome!!!

Alissalocks
September 8th, 2016, 05:23 PM
Just gorgeous!

Pearly~91
September 8th, 2016, 05:38 PM
Congratulations, Sarahlabrynth!! :toast:

Sarahlabyrinth
September 8th, 2016, 08:26 PM
Thanks, y'all! It's been a long time coming but I got there in the end. I think I was trying to catch up to Lapushka! :)