PDA

View Full Version : Hip by Christmas 2016!

lapushka
September 10th, 2015, 12:38 PM
For those of us wanting to reach hip approximately by the end of 2016? This thread is for you.

Please join!

yogagirl
September 11th, 2015, 06:29 AM
Thanks for opening this, lapushka :flower:

I think I can make hip by Christmas 2016...? Hip is my final goal, well actually, elbow length is my final goal and I think that is pretty much the same as hip on me. Not sure how many inches to go, so joining this is kind of a crap shoot. I'll have to measure soon! I also want to trim a little bit on my way to hip, soooo... We shall see :)

squirrrel
September 11th, 2015, 12:31 PM
I'll join. No way I'll be at it by this Christmas, going by current growth rate. But Christmas 2016 sounds like a good aim... :)

Hopeful65
September 11th, 2015, 12:43 PM
I'm kind of wondering if I have reached hip already. If not, I'm sure I will by the time Christmas is here.
The problem is, I'm not real clear on the hip guidelines. My hair can touch the very top of my actual hip bone. It is definitely past waist for sure.
I was surprised to make this discovery the other day. I do quite a bit of microtrimming, but not enough to notice. I'm still gaining length as I go.
So yes, hip by Christmas is sure to happen for me. And hip-range is my final goal.

yogagirl
September 11th, 2015, 01:49 PM
squirrel, hi there! :)

Hopeful, that sounds like you're there or almost there! This is the thread for Christmas 2016, you are way way ahead of us :thumbsup:

Hopeful65
September 11th, 2015, 02:15 PM
Oh! Haha! I read the year wrong! Well my goodness I'm ahead of the game then... Good luck to everyone, I'll bow out now. ;)

yogagirl
September 11th, 2015, 05:44 PM
Hehe, we would love to have you here and I forgot to say, congrats!! It does sound like you are already at hip if your hair touches your hip bones, though this site specifies "hip bones in the front": http://www.ida.net/users/northstr/hairlength.html

yogagirl
September 13th, 2015, 11:19 AM
Crossposting my length pic from the "Waist by Christmas 2014" thread...

So basically my goal with be waist to hip/elbow in one year, and cleaning up my hemline/layers. I'm not sure if I will keep the layers around. I think so, but the length difference between longest and next up needs to be decreased.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18958&d=1442163284

Monsterkitti
September 13th, 2015, 02:06 PM
Im in :) Im on route to hit waist by this christmas so hip should be doable with decent evened up hemline by next year :)
Its a long way off but even the prospect of hip is exciting :D

hanne jensen
September 15th, 2015, 11:19 AM
I'm in! I just reached anatomical waist and have a short waist. I only need about 10-12 cm until hip. Hubby measured and there is only 5.5 cm to the bottom of my waist from the tips of my hair.

Belle Paix
September 15th, 2015, 11:21 AM
Maybe by 2017 :). Best of luck to you guys!

ArienEllariel
February 7th, 2016, 01:17 PM
I'm in. I don't know if I'll make it but I'm currently somewhere between BSL and waist. I have a good chance if I focus on only S & D.

HeartofHaleth
February 7th, 2016, 01:31 PM
I should hit hip quite a bit sooner, but unless the castor oil works some kind of miracle my next milestone is in 2017, so here I am!

Asha
February 7th, 2016, 01:44 PM
I'm short so I like to think it's possible. Brushing BSL at the moment so this will also keep me away from excessive trimming when I get bored👍

lapushka
February 7th, 2016, 02:00 PM
I'm short so I like to think it's possible. Brushing BSL at the moment so this will also keep me away from excessive trimming when I get bored��

I don't mean to be mean, but if you're BSL, why not go for the waist milestone first? It's all up to you, of course (of course!) but it might be more realistic, and there is a waist by Christmas / the end of 2016 as well.