View Full Version : Tailbone length by Christmas 2016!

parkmikii
September 10th, 2015, 10:56 AM
Would anyone like to join here? I still have about 7 inches to go until there and I noticed that no thread for tailbone by 2016 yet :)

TwilightShadow
September 10th, 2015, 12:23 PM
I want to join. My goal for this year is BCL length and I think I might reach it, so tailbone for 2016 is doable. It's actually only about 2 inches away from BCL for me, but I want to trim more next year, because my hemline is quite thin and I have quite a lot of white dots.

parkmikii
September 10th, 2015, 12:24 PM
I want to join. My goal for this year is BCL length and I think I might reach it, so tailbone for 2016 is doable. It's actually only about 2 inches away from BCL for me, but I want to trim more next year, because my hemline is quite thin and I have quite a lot of white dots.

Welcome! :)

TwilightShadow
September 10th, 2015, 12:27 PM
Thank you :)

lapushka
September 10th, 2015, 12:41 PM
Oops I might just have made an oopsie by making the same thread. Sorry. I'll ask the mods to close mine!

silvurgrin
September 10th, 2015, 12:53 PM
I'll join! I'm a solid hip right now, and my hair grows pretty quickly, but I want to trim a bit more and thicken up my hemline. When I did my microtrim today, I actually considered talking off maybe 3 or 4 inches. I didn't, though. Only maybe 3/4 of an inch.

I should be at tailbone by next Christmas.

lapushka
September 10th, 2015, 12:54 PM
Oops I might just have made an oopsie by making the same thread. Sorry. I'll ask the mods to close mine!

Looks like they acted on it promptly (thank you). TBL is a great length. I enjoyed my hair when it was that length. Wishing you all who are on this journey happy travels! :D :flower:

parkmikii
September 10th, 2015, 01:07 PM
I'll join! I'm a solid hip right now, and my hair grows pretty quickly, but I want to trim a bit more and thicken up my hemline. When I did my microtrim today, I actually considered talking off maybe 3 or 4 inches. I didn't, though. Only maybe 3/4 of an inch.

I should be at tailbone by next Christmas.

Welcome here! I too an at about 33.6 inches right now so tailbone by next Christmas sounds pretty doable. I will have a little trim at the end of the year and then I'm in the no trimming challenge for 2016. :)

Looks like they acted on it promptly (thank you). TBL is a great length. I enjoyed my hair when it was that length. Wishing you all who are on this journey happy travels! :D :flower:

Thank you, lapushka. I too can't wait to reach it and I am enjoying the journey so far, patience is all we need , I think :)

quirkybookworm
September 10th, 2015, 03:22 PM
I'd love to join in! I'm not sure I'll make it, but I'd sure like to try. :) I'm about 9.5 inches away from TBL, and my hair grows pretty fast so it's possible to be there by next Christmas. At the very least, I should be brushing it. I'm doing a trim in December, and then I'm planning to do no trim 2016 so that should help a bit. TBL was my original goal when I started growing out my hair so now that I'm less than 10 inches away, I'm super excited. :D

Nique1202
September 10th, 2015, 03:43 PM
I'm in, though I'll probably reach it in the first half of the year so it feels a little like cheating. :whistle: I should hit BCL next month, and then it's only 3.5 inches to TBL. Even if I go a little trim-wild I should still make it there next year.

Good luck to us all. :magic:

ArienEllariel
September 10th, 2015, 03:58 PM
Oooh. I'm in!

NorthernLorelei
September 10th, 2015, 07:52 PM
Joining and good luck to everyone! :toast:

My hair's a pretty solid hip, but not in exactly model condition. My inept measuring means I think that TBL's about 5 inches off at 39'' Unless something tragic happens, I'll probably make it. Looking forward to my first "real" year of growing my hair! :)

parkmikii
September 11th, 2015, 01:24 AM
Welcome and good luck! :)

Marika
September 11th, 2015, 06:45 AM
I'm in! :) I've been trimming a lot lately and I will continue to trim (to get rid of some old breakage and improve my taper situation) but I should make it. I'm almost BCL (well, the longest couple of hairs :D) and it's not that far from TBL but I would like to be a *solid* TBL by Christmas 2016. Not just the longest wispies :p

school of fish
September 11th, 2015, 06:50 AM
I'm in! For now...

My final goal at the moment is tbl but ultimately I may find that bcl is enough once I've completely grown out my layers and am back to a perfectly blunt thick hemline. Won't know until I get closer ;)

I'm currently at about an inch above bcl (just shy of 35"). At one time I had 40" in mind as a goal, but I've since pulled back on that because a) I'm not tall and b) I'm a wear-the-hair-down kind of girl and I think 40" (almost classic) on me would just end up getting in the way of my life. 38" is tbl on me, and even that may be more hassle than I'm willing to put up with - I was at 36" (bcl) very recently so I know that length is one I can live with nicely.

The other factor is that as I keep microtrimming out my damage/layers I'm finding that shorter lengths are *looking* longer on me. The thicker my hemline is the longer my hair looks, and last month's 1-1/2" trim made my hem look GREAT while the visual length looks the same - so I'm feeling a little more relaxed about hitting length markers than I did at one time.

So since my ultimate goal is somewhat up in there air, I'll have to see as time goes on if I choose to push further on the length or keep building that hemline thickness. Only one way to find out though, so count me in (for now)! :D

Freija
September 11th, 2015, 04:15 PM
Awesome, count me in! :waving: My longest bits are somewhere below hip at the moment, heading for BCL, but I'm growing out bad layers and a big shed. Most of my hair is about at waist or is just growing back in at the root, so I'm working on my hemline and dearly in need of a trim.

Sooo... Christmas 2016 sounds like a good, doable target! Hopefully by then my hair will be much thicker again and I will have a solid u-shaped hem at tailbone. : )

silvurgrin
September 11th, 2015, 11:51 PM
...I'm growing out... a big shed.

Me too. I had a big shed last year about this time, and it's taken a bit but it seems to be growing in again finally. I'd say the longest baby hairs are maybe 6", and the shortest around 2". Gives me quite the fuzzy halo! Lol! It'll be quite a few years until they catch up with the rest of the length.

Ciridae
September 12th, 2015, 01:31 AM
Oh, me please! I have *just* reached WL, but I'll likely have to lop off an inch or two... it's quite frazzled. Hoping to make TBL before my 42nd birthday :)

parkmikii
September 12th, 2015, 06:53 AM
I'm happy that so many of you joined :)

Nebulae
September 13th, 2015, 06:26 AM
I'm currently trying to form a plan for next year, maybe I can fit this in since I am curious about growing my hair to tailbone!
I'm considering cutting back to waist by the new year but now I'm thinking if I do, I might not make it to tailbone by that time next year... hmm, I still have a few months to decide, I'm tempted by both!

Nique1202
September 13th, 2015, 06:36 AM
I'm currently trying to form a plan for next year, maybe I can fit this in since I am curious about growing my hair to tailbone!
I'm considering cutting back to waist by the new year but now I'm thinking if I do, I might not make it to tailbone by that time next year... hmm, I still have a few months to decide, I'm tempted by both!

If you're not sure, keep growing. You can always back out of the goal later, but if you cut back now you might get frustrated or regret not trying to get longer, you know?

parkmikii
September 13th, 2015, 08:52 AM
If you're not sure, keep growing. You can always back out of the goal later, but if you cut back now you might get frustrated or regret not trying to get longer, you know?

I second this and also the 2 week rule. You could try to microtrim if you just need the feeling of fresh ends and in that way you won't take so much off and you'll be able to still get some growth.

school of fish
September 13th, 2015, 09:59 AM

Here's an approach suggestion you could try and it's the one I take as I work on my dual goals of length and hem thickness concurrently:

Set yourself the goal of tbl but reassess seasonally. I apply this to my microtrimming strategy and it's a balance I'm really satisfied with!

Every 3 months I look at my hair and I choose what I want to work toward more, gaining length or improving the hemline. I waffle a fair bit between the two and the thought of commiting to an unyielding plan for 2 years can feel limiting, but commiting to an unyielding plan for 3 months at a time is totally doable for me!

So for example, if I decide in September that I want to push on length then I keep my monthly microtrims to just the barest of dustings. If by December I'm continuing to like what I see, I keep with the teeny dustings and check in again in March. By March I may feel like my ends need some attention, so I may decide to take a larger portion of my monthly growth or even the whole month's growth until June, when I assess once again. So this means that sometimes I may dust for say 6 months, then trim all the monthly growth for 3 months, then maybe half the monthly growth for 9 months, but always keeping the final goal in mind and always working towards it.

This keeps it interesting and motivating for me, and accomodates my shifting priorities while keeping me on target! It has the added bonus of an extended '2-week rule' built in - okay so it's a 3 month rule but what means is that if within one of those 3 month periods I get it in my head to chop off an inch and a half and that desire hasn't gone away in the 3 months, then I KNOW it isn't a fleeting impulse ;) In fact I did that very thing on last month's trim and I LOVE the result, no regrets! That mini-chop did wonders for my hemline and has set me up beautifully for my next 3 or 6 or 9 months worth of dustings/microtrims :)

Just another option for you to think about - there are many ways forward ;)

school of fish
September 13th, 2015, 10:03 AM
^ ^ This approach can apply to a trim-free plan too - just set the goal and then check in with yourself every 3 months to see if you want to stay the course or change the course :) And of course the chunks of time could be broken up differently as well - monthly, every 4 months, each half-year, whatever...

It's just a way of breaking up the time into more bite-sized pieces on a long-term goal :)

Nebulae
September 13th, 2015, 03:06 PM
Thanks for being helpful guys :) I'm pretty sure whatever plan I settle with I'm going to reassess and change it during the year anyways, like I have so far, but it's fun to plan :p

I've been microtrimming ever since I got here and the 'fresh start at waist' has been with me for a year by now at least. Then again I will wear my hair up every day for fall/winter/probably spring so I won't be seeing much of my ends and I will have a perfect opportunity to baby them as well. I've pretty much done the same trimming thing as you school of fish and I liked it, so it might be a good idea to continue that. :)

The thought of me having tailbone length hair in a year seems unreal yet exciting :D

ETA: ..and my original goal was waist. Sigh, LHC syndrome :lol:

dancingrain91
September 13th, 2015, 03:29 PM
Well I'm at can I call this hip and I think it's about six or seven inches to go so sure! I think I should make it. I might promptly cut off a chunk of it at the start of 2017 but it would be neat to make it that far.

Lucy Elizabeth
October 7th, 2015, 04:50 PM
Looking between this and the classic by Christmas thread
Tailbone seems more doable, and i've calculated hitting tailbone near the middle/end of 2016

Tailbone is 41-42ish and classic is 45 i want to say, i'm at 35 right now, 35 plus 6 (hoping my hair grows 6 inches from now until next october) is 41
My hair grows pretty fast, and my coconut oilings have been preventing my length from breaking off and appearing shorter, but im planning a 2 inch trim in february to neaten things up and get rid of the damage that accumulated over 2015 so i'm hoping that won't mess things up. I don't think it will though, because even including trims i still gain 6 inches a year.
Ughhh ramble ramble ramble :lol: let's go into tailbone, guys!

cat11
October 7th, 2015, 05:59 PM
I'm joining!! My most recent length pics are in my albums (which are public) :)

I plan on microtrimming this year in 2016 while growing, and I hope to get to tailbone. I think it's a little far on me since I just hit waist but we do have another quarter of this year left (in which I will be getting zero trims) and I think my hair grows fast so I'm being hopeful!! I didn't know if I'd make it to waist by Christmas but I did so a girl can hope!

glad to see I am in such good company :beercheer:

The thought of me having tailbone length hair in a year seems unreal yet exciting :D

ETA: ..and my original goal was waist. Sigh, LHC syndrome :lol:
For real! I am in the same boat, my original goal was waist!! My hair finally feels long at waist, though not where I want it yet. It's the longest its ever been. Thinking that by the end of the year I could be at tailbone and have hair at the bottom of my torso is like, crazy stuff.

dancingrain91
November 2nd, 2015, 09:51 AM
I'm in! I have seven inches to go!

Oh my gosh. I'm such a dork. I'm already in this thread and I forgot. I blame exams.

cat11
November 2nd, 2015, 10:39 AM
I need to do some measurements. I think I have about 4" to hip but 6-7" to tb

Its hard to eyeball at this point though so I might break out the measuring tape

mariakatija
November 9th, 2015, 03:05 PM
I'd like to join! I did some calculations and I'm set to hit TBL by Christmas 2016.

Remi
November 9th, 2015, 03:40 PM
I will join up too. I might make this goal by then. :waving:

cat11
November 9th, 2015, 04:00 PM
Yay!! I cant wait for new years to take my beginning of the year pic. It'll be way easier to evaluate if I can make it once I put this years growth side by side that pic... I plan on trimming the same amount so it will be easy to tell.

Ingrid
November 9th, 2015, 04:25 PM
I don't know... maybe? It's hard to say with my trimming schedule. It would be awesome if I could make it though :)

school of fish
November 9th, 2015, 04:39 PM
I had sort of semi-commited here about a month ago and now I'm backing out already even though 2016 hasn't even started yet, haha!!

I've decided that BCL (36") is where I want to stay - it gives me the satisfying feeling of length I want without having to change any of my nicely-established routine and habits. I love wearing my hair down and I don't want to have to give that up as a trade-off for a couple extra inches :)

So I'll just cheer you all on in 2016 as you all travel to TBL and I'll live vicariously through all of you! :D

parkmikii
November 9th, 2015, 10:00 PM
I had sort of semi-commited here about a month ago and now I'm backing out already even though 2016 hasn't even started yet, haha!!

I've decided that BCL (36") is where I want to stay - it gives me the satisfying feeling of length I want without having to change any of my nicely-established routine and habits. I love wearing my hair down and I don't want to have to give that up as a trade-off for a couple extra inches :)

So I'll just cheer you all on in 2016 as you all travel to TBL and I'll live vicariously through all of you! :D

Aww, just be happy, that's the best thing! :)

school of fish
November 9th, 2015, 10:12 PM
Aww, just be happy, that's the best thing! :)

Thank you, I am feeling happy about it :) Happier than I believe I would be feeling if I decided to chase after the TBL goal - it's all good ;)

bunneh.
November 19th, 2015, 09:59 AM
5.11 inches until I get to TBL, I think I should be there by the end of 2016. :D

parkmikii
November 19th, 2015, 12:21 PM
Welcome! :D

Imalath
November 19th, 2015, 08:34 PM
I will hang out here for 2016 too. With my natural texture I am hovering at waist, but with second-and-third day hair (or my everyday style) I am just shy of hip. Tailbone in a year might be a bit of a stretch, but it gives me a goal to look forward to!

Hopefully this will give me the patience to take better care of my ends in the first place instead of trimming them when I notice too much damage. My hemline looks much better, but now I want some more length.

Good luck, everyone! :cheer::cheer:

cat11
November 21st, 2015, 11:52 AM
Good luck, you never know, you might make it!! I thought I'd just make my goal this year but then I made it and overshot it.

FallingDarkness
November 21st, 2015, 02:20 PM
I'm about hip right now, I might be able to make it to TBL by Christmas next year! Here's hoping.

parkmikii
November 21st, 2015, 04:39 PM
I'm about hip right now, I might be able to make it to TBL by Christmas next year! Here's hoping.

Welcome! I'm quite close to BCL right now, we'llprobably both make it by Christmas 2016 :D

mwallingford
November 21st, 2015, 07:33 PM
Sign me up as well! :D I'm only at around waist length, but where there's a will there's a way!

HappyHair87
November 21st, 2015, 08:43 PM
Not gonna do it....not gonna do it...

HappyHair87
November 21st, 2015, 09:12 PM

Yes! This is how I feel as well! I am at Waist...like, just at it (stretched) and my goal for 2016 is Hip. But I think the longest I'd wanna go is BCL as well..and even then I'd be trimming back up to Hip Length so I won't be committing to this one. :(

But I hope you all make it!!! <3

MsPharaohMoan
November 23rd, 2015, 09:45 PM
I think I'm going to go in on this thread. I'm at BCL and I want to thicken ends so I can get the braid I want someday, but I also want to grow in 2016.

parkmikii
November 23rd, 2015, 10:06 PM
Sign me up as well! :D I'm only at around waist length, but where there's a will there's a way!

I think I'm going to go in on this thread. I'm at BCL and I want to thicken ends so I can get the braid I want someday, but I also want to grow in 2016.

Welcome! :)

Nique1202
December 24th, 2015, 06:36 AM
Still feels like cheating because I'm so close I'm likely to reach might-as-well-call-it-tailbone by April but I'll hang out here until then anyway. Also it's worth reviving this thread in case anyone else wants to join before 2016 starts!

parkmikii
December 24th, 2015, 06:50 AM
Still feels like cheating because I'm so close I'm likely to reach might-as-well-call-it-tailbone by April but I'll hang out here until then anyway. Also it's worth reviving this thread in case anyone else wants to join before 2016 starts!

I also just reached BCL so I should make it way before Christmas XD
But thank you for the bump! :)

Platzhalter
December 25th, 2015, 02:25 AM
Well... I may be reaching TBL a bit earlier than Christmas, but count me in :)

LauraLongLocks
December 30th, 2015, 11:21 PM
I probably won't quite make it to TBL by Christmas 2016, but I should be very close. I'm just brushing BCL now at 92 cm (93 cm will be solid BCL), and TBL is 103 cm. That means I need to retain 11 cm of growth in order to make it. It will be interesting to see if I can make it there. I don't know yet if I plan to trim or not. Right now I don't want to trim anything, but I bet if I looked at my ends more I would see horrible splits and white dots and would feel compelled to trim. So, I am just too busy to look at my ends, and that's my strategy for now. The ends don't feel rough and aren't tangly and velcro-y.

I basically have fallen into benign neglect without making a decision to do so. I wash and condition it once a week, deep condition when I have the time, oil the length and ends after washing, wear it up most of the time, BBB most days, and don't really look at it much. Life has just been a roller coaster lately, so my main goal has been to survive through it all. My hair is taking a back seat to the more important issues in life.

parkmikii
December 31st, 2015, 02:26 AM
I probably won't quite make it to TBL by Christmas 2016, but I should be very close. I'm just brushing BCL now at 92 cm (93 cm will be solid BCL), and TBL is 103 cm. That means I need to retain 11 cm of growth in order to make it. It will be interesting to see if I can make it there. I don't know yet if I plan to trim or not. Right now I don't want to trim anything, but I bet if I looked at my ends more I would see horrible splits and white dots and would feel compelled to trim. So, I am just too busy to look at my ends, and that's my strategy for now. The ends don't feel rough and aren't tangly and velcro-y.

I basically have fallen into benign neglect without making a decision to do so. I wash and condition it once a week, deep condition when I have the time, oil the length and ends after washing, wear it up most of the time, BBB most days, and don't really look at it much. Life has just been a roller coaster lately, so my main goal has been to survive through it all. My hair is taking a back seat to the more important issues in life.

Welcome! I'm currently benign neglecting it as well..I only use shampoo and double conditioner once a week and henna about every 4-5 weeks. I'm currently at 'almost BCL' (90 cm, had a 1 cm trim last week) as well if I stretch my curls, so fingers crossed to us! :)

Remi
January 28th, 2016, 01:41 PM
I hope I can make it this year. I just measured and have six inches until tailbone.

Nique1202
January 28th, 2016, 01:56 PM
I hope I can make it this year. I just measured and have six inches until tailbone.

If your growth rate is even just a smidge over average then you stand a very good chance! :blossom: You can do it! Hopefully we'll all make it this year with no setbacks.

lapis_lazuli
January 28th, 2016, 01:58 PM

I hope you make it! Six inches is reasonable in a year. :cheer:

Remi
January 28th, 2016, 02:33 PM
Thank you- Even if I am just close, I will be happy. My hair doesn't grow as fast as some of you. :) Thank you, lapis_lazuli! One year my hair grew ten inches, and the next year only six and a half.
If your growth rate is even just a smidge over average then you stand a very good chance! :blossom: You can do it! Hopefully we'll all make it this year with no setbacks.

LauraLongLocks
January 28th, 2016, 09:47 PM
Alright, so I trimmed two centimeters on the 10th of January. I think I'm all set for the year now. Just have to see how much growth I can get.

Shorty89
January 28th, 2016, 10:45 PM
I'm in! Maybe if I'm lucky I'll be past TB by Christmas 2016. I'm currently a bit past hip so it should be doable as long as I don't' encounter too much more damage.

fiğrildi
February 3rd, 2016, 06:35 AM
Count me in! :hifive:

school of fish
February 3rd, 2016, 07:00 AM
Oooohhh... I'm contemplating rejoining. Because LHC. You enablers... ;)

Pinni
February 3rd, 2016, 08:15 AM
I'm joining this too. My growth rate is feeling slower now at winter but I (secretly) wish I get there by Christmas 2016.

Happy growing to all!

bunneh.
February 4th, 2016, 08:51 AM
school of fish Come join us, we're not that evil. 3=D Besides you can always cut your hair back to BCL if TBL is too much for you. :)

school of fish
February 4th, 2016, 10:26 AM
Good point by you bunneh, you evil temptress you... haha!!

I think I'll have a firmer idea around my March trimming time - I'll be in a position to either start maintenance trimming or keep with the growth trimming. It's only a 2" difference between BCL and TBL so maybe I'll start with 1" and test the waters?

Enablers! Hahaha!!

maborosi
February 7th, 2016, 03:49 PM
I'll be in that awkward stage between TBL and classic come this Christmas. I guess I'll keep a foot in each thread, haha.

Wildcat Diva
February 7th, 2016, 08:35 PM
I can make this, should be easy. 3-4 inches and I'll be there. Not even waves can stop me now.

Sarahm
March 18th, 2016, 04:07 PM
I think I'll join this thread :D. I'm short, so I only have 12 cm to go till I reach TBL. I think that's achievable, right?

parkmikii
March 18th, 2016, 04:16 PM
I think I'll join this thread :D. I'm short, so I only have 12 cm to go till I reach TBL. I think that's achievable, right?

Definitely :D

Sarahm
March 18th, 2016, 04:22 PM
Definitely :D

Yay, can't wait ;)

Platzhalter
March 20th, 2016, 03:02 AM

Sure it is ;)

Sarahm
March 20th, 2016, 05:15 AM
Sure it is ;)

I just joined the "wear your hair up all the time" challenge to prevent breakage in order to be certain I'll reach my goal length by Christmas :D.
Do you wear your hair up most of the time, too? And have you seen the effects on your growth?

lapushka
March 20th, 2016, 05:51 AM
I wear my hair up when I'm up and down when I'm down (in bed). I always wear a LWB, it's my go-to bun, and has been for *years*. I have been wearing my hair up since shoulder/APL, first in a peacock twist, and since waist/hip in a bun.

Platzhalter
March 20th, 2016, 05:55 AM
I just joined the "wear your hair up all the time" challenge to prevent breakage in order to be certain I'll reach my goal length by Christmas :D.
Do you wear your hair up most of the time, too? And have you seen the effects on your growth?

To be honest, I rarely wear my hair up at all. My standard hairstyle is a plain ponytail so no idea whether wearing it up or not would make a difference.

Sarahm
March 20th, 2016, 09:27 AM
I wear my hair up when I'm up and down when I'm down (in bed). I always wear a LWB, it's my go-to bun, and has been for *years*. I have been wearing my hair up since shoulder/APL, first in a peacock twist, and since waist/hip in a bun.

haha, nicely put ;). So it seems to be working for you.

lapushka
March 20th, 2016, 10:24 AM
haha, nicely put ;). So it seems to be working for you.

Yes it does. I love the LWB! It is really such an easy and nicely distributed bun to wear. At classic it is a little challenging, but the layers I have in my hair kinda solve that. :D

Sarahm
March 20th, 2016, 04:46 PM
Yes it does. I love the LWB! It is really such an easy and nicely distributed bun to wear. At classic it is a little challenging, but the layers I have in my hair kinda solve that. :D

I just checked the LWB out, looks really nice :D. Might try it tomorrow. A pencil should work, right? :p

Sarahm
March 29th, 2016, 05:30 PM
Facing a dilemma here: if I trim my hair, I'm afraid that I won't reach TBL by Christmas. But my ends are quite dry from heat damage and chemical dyes I have used in the past. I quit straightening my hair like three years ago and I quit dying it almost one year ago, but the dryness just doesn't seem to want to go away. Unless I cut it, I fear. :(
Or maybe I should let it grow until Christmas, and then cut back to waist..
Third world problems!

Anya15
March 29th, 2016, 08:32 PM
Joining in! :D

parkmikii
March 29th, 2016, 09:53 PM
Facing a dilemma here: if I trim my hair, I'm afraid that I won't reach TBL by Christmas. But my ends are quite dry from heat damage and chemical dyes I have used in the past. I quit straightening my hair like three years ago and I quit dying it almost one year ago, but the dryness just doesn't seem to want to go away. Unless I cut it, I fear. :(
Third world problems!

Maybe you could try a microtrim? Just 5 mm or so?
I'm in the no trimming challenge for the year ^^

neelgagan16
March 30th, 2016, 10:49 AM
tailbone is my ultimate goal! good luck everyone. :):cool:

lapushka
March 30th, 2016, 01:20 PM
Third world problems!

Maybe a leave-in and a good serum or oil might work on those ends. Do you use the LOC/LCO method (link in signature). That might do a lot towards moisturizing those ends!

Sarahm
March 31st, 2016, 02:51 AM
Maybe you could try a microtrim? Just 5 mm or so?
I'm in the no trimming challenge for the year ^^

Does a microtrim count when you're in the no trimming challenge? ^^

Sarahm
March 31st, 2016, 02:56 AM
I might have to try that :) I've seen quite some improvement in the quality of my hair during the last year, but it takes a while to figure out exactly what to do to it. Do you use plain hair gel in stead of conditioner?

parkmikii
March 31st, 2016, 03:21 AM
Does a microtrim count when you're in the no trimming challenge? ^^

It does XD
But I don't microtrim, lately I didn't even bother with s&d either..
I think the only stuff allowed in the no trimming challenge is trimming bangs and s&d.

Sarahm
March 31st, 2016, 03:53 AM
Well, I've never been one to obey the rules :D
But your hair seems healthy ! I checked out your blog and it seems like you're (almost?) at TBL?

Wusel
March 31st, 2016, 03:55 AM
I wear my hair up when I'm up and down when I'm down (in bed).

:D That's great! A good strategy to remember how to wear it. :D

parkmikii
March 31st, 2016, 10:03 PM
Well, I've never been one to obey the rules :D
But your hair seems healthy ! I checked out your blog and it seems like you're (almost?) at TBL?

Wish I was.. Currently at about 36.5 inches and TBL on me is 40 inches. Can't wait to get there :D

school of fish
April 5th, 2016, 07:06 AM
Yeah okay, I'm in ;)

Since I realized recently that I'm only an inch away from my actual tailbone, I may as well go for that extra inch and call it - right? ;)

I'll continue maintaining at 36" with my monthly microtrims until June, then I'll just microtrim a smaller increment each month until the end of the year to reach the 37". Totally doable.

Yeah, that's what I'll do. Unless I change my mind again... :p

Groovy Granny
April 5th, 2016, 02:12 PM
I'm in....my tailbone is right at BCL.
I'll be at hip by June and then it is a quick sail south with my short torso and close landmarks :o
In all my years I NEVER expected to have this long a mane at this age...and to see the finish line is awesome (will be maintaining at BCL/TBL) :happydance:

Wildcat Diva
April 5th, 2016, 06:07 PM
Did I already join here? I can do this.

Imalath
April 5th, 2016, 07:19 PM
So I broke out the measuring tape today...I am exactly six inches from tailbone. If I can keep my trimming to just a few microtrims here and there, I think I can hit tailbone by Christmas. if not, it will be close!

I just changed to a cone-free conditioner and sulfate-free shampoo after a long winter of getting my scalp healthy and happy. My ends are dry and a little damaged. I need to do some experimenting to keep them moisturized and better protected if I want to hit my length goal.

Anya15
April 6th, 2016, 01:27 AM
I am currently at midback, about an inch to go for waist (longest layer, stretched.) I think I can make it to TBL by christmas.

But while S&Ding I seem to be finding that my finer strands have splits, so I might have to trim after I am a bit past TBL. :(

morrigan*
April 6th, 2016, 05:14 AM
I want to join to. There is a slim chance i will make it, my hair is around hip now, so i have a few inches to tailbone. I will probably make it to bcl, might even to tbl :D

Groovy Granny
April 6th, 2016, 08:35 AM
Yay...so many on the same quest; hopefully we all achieve our goals....and the time passes quickly :cheer:

ETA: Well....I have changed my mind :o

While measuring for TBL, I was reminded that I like to keep my hair down at times, and because I am short with a short torso and small butt, TBL hair will be 'in the way' :wink:
I can't be bothered with fiddling to keep it out ofthe way of personal care etc...and I was really happy at HIP....so I re-started my monthly dustings with the plan to hit Hip in a few months and will maintain it there.

That will be best for 'me'...but I wish you Happy Growing :cheer:

Sarahm
April 8th, 2016, 04:04 PM
GG: well, the most important thing is that you feel good about your length :)

--------------

As for me: today I cut my hair using Feye's method. I thought I had cut off about 1 cm (0.3 inch). Turns out it was 2.5 cm (1 inch). Oh well.. :doh:

cat11
April 11th, 2016, 05:55 PM
Im starting to doubt I'll make it. I'm still about 2 inches from hip and I have another 2 or 3 inches from there until TBL...so we'll see. I just did a Feye trim.. was supposed to be 1/2 an inch but I cut more like 1/4th..... too scared. Lol.

Groovy Granny
April 11th, 2016, 09:09 PM
GG: well, the most important thing is that you feel good about your length :)

Thank you! :agree: I have been there and loved it....anything longer will be overkill for me...in the way, cause headaches etc.
I'm good with that length; it can be worn down easily which I still love, and yet do plenty of styles with my pretty hair toys :D

Sarahm
April 12th, 2016, 01:00 AM
Thank you! :agree: I have been there and loved it....anything longer will be overkill for me...in the way, cause headaches etc.
I'm good with that length; it can be worn down easily which I still love, and yet do plenty of styles with my pretty hair toys :D

And, it's still reeeaaally long. And beautiful, I love your avatar picture!

fiğrildi
April 12th, 2016, 07:07 AM
I am one inch away from TBL (37" on me, stretched). However, I have always been claiming my milestones unstretched... which means my "real" TBL is still 3 inches away :brains:

Nique1202
April 27th, 2016, 08:04 AM
I made it! As near as I can figure, I've finally made it to tailbone. I hope everyone else who wants to make it this year does as well! :cheer:

parkmikii
April 27th, 2016, 09:52 AM
I made it! As near as I can figure, I've finally made it to tailbone. I hope everyone else who wants to make it this year does as well! :cheer:

Congrats for reaching it! :happydance:

Groovy Granny
April 27th, 2016, 11:25 AM
And, it's still reeeaaally long. And beautiful, I love your avatar picture!
Thank you :o

And...I changed my mind :p

I am not trimming until Spring 2017, and while I may not hit TBL by Christmas....I'll be training in between January and March.
I may as wel ltry it....and can always cut back if I don't like it :shrug:

I am one inch away from TBL (37" on me, stretched). However, I have always been claiming my milestones unstretched... which means my "real" TBL is still 3 inches away :brains:
I'd call it stretched; it is what it is...IMHO :wink:

Congrats :cheer:

parkmikii
April 27th, 2016, 11:29 AM

I'm an inch away from TBL as well (stretched). I'm currently at about 37" and actual TBL is 38" with hair pulled straight :D

Groovy Granny
May 12th, 2016, 09:14 AM
After a long chat with Hubby and hovering around Hip for a 2nd time, I have made the final decision to not pursue TBL.

I am very happy with Hip and feel TBL is just too long to manage for my type and age.

So...I thank you all for your advice and support ~ you are an inspiration :flowers:

Happy growing :cheer:

Anya15
May 12th, 2016, 11:57 AM
Checking in... My hair is very close to waist when stretched. It's 28". I think I can make it to tailbone stretched by December, unstretched will take longer.

I just hope I don't need a trim along the way.... I am trying to grow to classic, and I want to try and trim after tailbone only.

I also hate how much shrinkage I have... My waves eat up as much as 3" of length! :cry:

fiğrildi
May 13th, 2016, 06:10 AM
I'd call it stretched; it is what it is...IMHO :wink:

I'm an inch away from TBL as well (stretched). I'm currently at about 37" and actual TBL is 38" with hair pulled straight :D

I will wait until it feels and looks TBL, though I'm already there *suspense* :bigtongue:.

parkmikii, our hair has been growing at the same rate and we've been the same length for some time now :cheer:.
You're way taller than me though, so I might reach milestones faster :pumpkin:

anou, welcome! Don't get discouraged with the shrinkage, you will get there :grouphug:.
For what is worth, your hair looks to be in excellet condition. No trims needed, from what I can see :flowers:

parkmikii
May 13th, 2016, 06:12 AM
I will wait until it feels and looks TBL, though I'm already there *suspense* :bigtongue:.

parkmikii, our hair has been growing at the same rate and we've been the same length for some time now :cheer:.

anou, welcome! Don't get discouraged with the shrinkage, you will get there :grouphug:.
For what is worth, your hair looks to be in excellet condition. No trims needed, from what I can see :flowers:

I'm not so tall, just about 170 cm, but I suppose I have a long torso XD

fiğrildi
May 13th, 2016, 06:21 AM
I'm not so tall, just about 170 cm, but I suppose I have a long torso XD

Still, I'm 15cm shorter :bunny:

parkmikii
May 13th, 2016, 07:12 AM
Still, I'm 15cm shorter :bunny:

Awwww, I didn't expect that XD
Also, congrats on hitting tailbone :D
I'm getting impatient lately..

school of fish
May 13th, 2016, 08:05 AM
I'm at tailbone when wet! :D

I prefer to claim though once I hit the measurement dry, and I'll likely be doing a mini-chop for the sake of hem thickness in the foreseeable future, so it remains to be seen whether or not I'll be calling it by Christmas this year... ;)

fiğrildi
May 13th, 2016, 10:11 AM
Awwww, I didn't expect that XD
Also, congrats on hitting tailbone :D
I'm getting impatient lately..

Hehe, thanks, even though I haven't called it yet (and like school of fish, I must trim -at least twice before Christmas- ;)).

FallingDarkness
May 13th, 2016, 11:51 AM
I'm afraid I won't be able to make it :( My hair is still a good 2 inches away from BCL.

Anya15
May 14th, 2016, 02:35 AM

Thank you! I have been seeing a bunch of splits, but they might be old damage from my pre LHC days of neglect.

In any case, I'll need a trim before classic, hopefully that will be only after hitting TBL. I don't feel like a longhair if my hair is shorter than waist. :lol:

fiğrildi
May 14th, 2016, 04:50 AM
Thank you! I have been seeing a bunch of splits, but they might be old damage from my pre LHC days of neglect.

In any case, I'll need a trim before classic, hopefully that will be only after hitting TBL. I don't feel like a longhair if my hair is shorter than waist. :lol:

I can totally relate. I don't feel like a longhair if my hair is shorter than what it is now :lol:.

You can always do a S&D session (or several) instead of trimming :o.

Magalo
May 14th, 2016, 10:56 AM
The very, very tip of my hair is brushing of my *AHEM* butt in the shower... and I'm not trimming until at least july, maybe october (haven't trimmed since oct 2015)... I should be tailbone this Christmas! I thought I would be at tailbone last christmas but I trimmed/chopped a lot. Can't wait... it's my dream length. :)

Once I'm there I'm maintening to get a near perfect hemline!

Marika
May 15th, 2016, 06:08 AM
I'm pretty much there already because I just realized my longest hairs are about an inch below BCL. But I'm not calling it yet because I'm planning to do some trimming in near future to thicken up the ends :)

Anya15
May 15th, 2016, 07:20 AM
I can totally relate. I don't feel like a longhair if my hair is shorter than what it is now :lol:.

You can always do a S&D session (or several) instead of trimming :o.

Yes, I do s&d every now and then... Hopefully it'll help.

With the shrinkage, my hair is a bit longer than mid back, so I don't feel like a longhair at all!

Mimha
May 15th, 2016, 01:15 PM
Checking in... My hair is very close to waist when stretched. It's 28". I think I can make it to tailbone stretched by December, unstretched will take longer.

I just hope I don't need a trim along the way.... I am trying to grow to classic, and I want to try and trim after tailbone only.

I also hate how much shrinkage I have... My waves eat up as much as 3" of length! :cry:

Oh anou, do I understand well ? you are not yet waist and hope to be at tailbone at the end of the year ?? :thud: You've got turbo hair growth speed !!! Lol. I am half way between waist and hip and just hope to be at BCL by the end of the year... hoping for TBL in the summer 2017 in the best case and with no trim or just one or two micro-trims.

Your hair is in a great shape, by the way. SO shiny and healthy looking !... I'm in total awe of your amazing deep black color.

quirkybookworm
May 15th, 2016, 04:20 PM
I've been on a bit of a hiatus with basically everything hair related for a while, because watched hair never grows (that's the saying, right? ;) ). I took measurements today for the first time in months. Yay for finally not procrastinating! Haha

I'm currently at hip+, and am about 2.5 inches away from BCL. That puts me a total of 6 inches away from TBL, and since my hair grows an average of 0.8 inches per month -- that puts me at TBL on, basically, Christmas day. So, if everything goes perfectly, I might make it. Or, I might not. :grin: Grow, hair, grow!
I think it would be really cool to reach TBL for Christmas this year. TBL was my original goal when I started growing my hair out 2.5 years ago, and I just think that it would be really awesome to hit that goal at Christmas! :)

Magalo
May 15th, 2016, 04:45 PM
Just calculated... the very tip of my hem is 3" away from solid tailbone, and I should grow about 5 inches by christmas. :) This is so exciting!!

Ingrid
May 15th, 2016, 06:13 PM
Probably not going to make it, I trimmed 4,5cm away this month so that set me back some time. But maybe now that most of the worst damage is gone my hair won't actually break off at the ends and so it will end up being long enough? :shrug:

Anya15
May 15th, 2016, 07:43 PM
Oh anou, do I understand well ? you are not yet waist and hope to be at tailbone at the end of the year ?? :thud: You've got turbo hair growth speed !!! Lol. I am half way between waist and hip and just hope to be at BCL by the end of the year... hoping for TBL in the summer 2017 in the best case and with no trim or just one or two micro-trims.

Your hair is in a great shape, by the way. SO shiny and healthy looking !... I'm in total awe of your amazing deep black color.

Thank you! Yours isn't any less lovely-looking!

Yes, my hair grows close to two inches every month after I started LHC-pampering it. :lol: so I think I can get to tailbone by the end of the year. Stretched, easily. Unless I hit a stall or something.

missmex
May 20th, 2016, 01:23 PM
May I ask what your routine is? :) I'm still figuring mine out.

Anya15
May 20th, 2016, 07:41 PM
Longest layer of my V hem is definitely waist stretched. I am getting closer! Waiting impatiently for the end of the month to bring out the measuring tape...

I am figuring out mine too, right now it's CWC with a modified version of LOC post wash. I use ROO occasionally. Pre-poo oiling with coconut oil. I am using a lot of AV gel, i love how moisturising it is.

missmex
May 20th, 2016, 08:35 PM
:O what are all of those acronyms besides CWC?

missmex
May 20th, 2016, 08:36 PM
I never found pure aloe Vera gel moisturizing for my hair. Just made it shiny, but that didn't stop me from buying it lol

Anya15
May 21st, 2016, 03:44 AM
ROO = Rinse-out oil: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=129191

LOC/LCO : http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=118167

LOC/LCO is usually beneficial to those who have textured hair (wavies and curlies) though.

missmex
May 22nd, 2016, 12:02 AM
ROO = Rinse-out oil: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=129191

LOC/LCO : http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=118167

LOC/LCO is usually beneficial to those who have textured hair (wavies and curlies) though.

Oh thank you! ROO sounds like it's right up my alley :)

HeartofHaleth
June 27th, 2016, 05:07 AM
Joining! There's a chance I may be able to do it, since my growth seems to be speeding up with the warmer weather. I'm really close to BCL right now (I was thinking I would hit it much later in the year), and the distances between BCL, TBL and Classic are pretty short on me. I don't know, maybe I'm crazy, but there's always a chance...;D

Boadicea
June 27th, 2016, 06:03 AM
Hi there, I'm joining the group ;-) My hair is now 34" and TBL would be at 35.5" so I'm very hopeful I will reach my goal by the end of the year. Meanwhile I'm trying microtrimming and S&D to get rid of split ends and an uneven hemline.
Good luck everyone!