PDA

View Full Version : Hair goals for 2016

Pages : [1] 2

Eastbound&Down
September 10th, 2015, 10:20 AM
I know it's only September but I've been really thinking about the upcoming year and what I want for myself and my hair so I thought I would make this for anyone also looking towards 2016.

So hear goes:
1. No trims! No S&D, no scissors will touch any part of my hair until 31 Dec 2016, and then it's at my discretion whether it needs it.
2. For my own sanity, and in order to fulfill #1, I will not look at my ends in the next year. If i look at them, ill be tempted to grab the scissors. This means that benign neglect is my friend for now.
3. Weekly deep treatments. I've been doing really well with thease lately and because it makes me really happy to do them, I will continue.

These are my top 3. I wanted to post them so that if I need to I can look back and remind myself why I'm doing what I'm doing.

I hope I'm not the only one thinking about these things already haha. Happy growing, my lovely LHCers!

ETA: Just found out we're expecting munchkin #2! So new goal is to stay healthy as possible for another healthy happy baby :) and maybe I'll have a growth spurt.

parkmikii
September 10th, 2015, 10:27 AM
So, here we go
I'd like to learn more hairstyles because lately I've been lazy and I only wore a nautilus bun.
To not trim but to start trying to S&D. I have never ever done it but I would like to try it like twice a year or so to see if I have any split ends or breakage.
I would also like to finally get rid of my hair stash and pass to the only products from here that work for my hair as I already stocked up on them, but first I need to get rid of my old stash of trial products.
This is quite it for now? I'll add more as I think about them :)

Thoughtcriminal
September 10th, 2015, 10:36 AM
No trimming except S&D until the end of the year, or until it gets to 41" (so I can chop off 1" and stay at 40")

Come up with and stick to an actual hair-care schedule

And stop putting my hair in tight ponytails all the dang time! I need to learn more hairstyles anyway.

diddiedaisy
September 10th, 2015, 10:39 AM
1. Full thickness ends by micro trimming and babying ends
2. Gain more elasticity, hopefully with coconut oil and moisturising treatments
3. Gain some styling skills
4. Waist length hair (shooting for the stars 🌠🌠🌠)

restless
September 10th, 2015, 10:50 AM
September or not, its never too early to put up new hair goals ;)

I aim to reach BCL by Christmas this year, so for next year Im hoping I´ll finally reach my ultimate goal of classic (unless I decide to stop growing at TBL already, I havent really made up my mind about that yet).

lapushka
September 10th, 2015, 11:21 AM
For me? Finding out how far beyond classic I can go. Not a goal in itself, but it will be if I reach the end of 2016 with no-trimming (probably won't happen, but you never know).

Johannah
September 10th, 2015, 11:22 AM
I'll be maintaining in 2016. Yup, that's about it.

divinedobbie
September 10th, 2015, 11:32 AM
1. Microtrimming to thicken up my hemline and get rid of the v shape
2. Shooting for "more" deep treatments, hopefully weekly
3. As long as I don't overtrim, get to a very solid waist by the end of the year
4. Wearing my hair up more and learning a real bun not my usual casual twist and pin

Groovy Granny
September 10th, 2015, 11:52 AM
2016 GOALS:
- Reach final goal @ March (Hip)
- In Hair Toy Time Out
- Use/enjoy a different hair toy every day
- Wear a different style daily
- Learn a new style every month (try more braids)

Nuala
September 10th, 2015, 01:10 PM
Reach shoulder length!

Nique1202
September 10th, 2015, 01:36 PM
My first and biggest goal is to keep up with my new trim schedule (0.5 inch every 2 months). That'll still get me well past tailbone next year and on my way to classic early in 2017. I could make it to classic next year if I didn't trim at all (I get 9 inches of growth a year, and I've got almost 4 months left in this year on top of next year's growth) but I need to get rid of my layers while still seeing progress or I'll get more chopping impulses.

My second goal is to get my fringe down to chin length, then mix about 2/3 of it back into the bulk of my hair (chin is "goes into updos" length for me) and cut the remaining 1/3 back up to where it is now as a side-swept frame. I have WAY too much fringe and until it can go into all my updos I have no way to thin it out effectively without looking extremely weird.

My third goal is to baby the heck out of my nape hair as it gets back into "easily tangled and matted" territory. I have a 'coney serum and I'm not afraid to use it. Even if my hair feels like plastic in that section when it's wet, I won't see or feel it once it's dry and spread out with all the rest of my hair, and I need it to have enough slip that I don't have to pick out three inch long matted sections right behind my neck every couple of days like I used to. If it does start to become a problem again, I may have to just cut it back and call it a lost cause.

[EDIT, Nov 24 '15] It's not yet 2016 so changing my goals doesn't really count right?

Goals 2 and 3 are fine, I just need to scratch out that trim schedule. I need to figure out why my hair is falling out and not growing back in, and reverse it if possible obviously, and I need to figure out why my growth has slowed to a crawl if it's not related to the hair loss. I will trim if I get unhappy with my hemline but I will wear my hair up or braided as much as possible to avoid seeing my hemline so I don't get unhappy with it.

[EDIT Dec 28 '15] Last update to these I swear. :laugh:

Got the growth stall fixed in record time, starting the year with definitely 33" solid (as much growth in the last month as in the three months before that combined) and maybe a little longer than that, even. At only 7 inches from classic, I can't help the temptation to grow on with minimal trimming and see if I can make it. So, final goals:

1) Minimal trims (maximum of 1 inch all year, to be saved in case my layers get extremely on my nerves) until I hit classic solidly with the longest/flat part of my hemline, then I can decide whether to chop back a few inches, maintain there, or grow on depending on how annoying the layers are.

2) Grow my fringe as it is to at least chin length (I'm only two inches away now, it brushes my lower lip when stretched downward), then let the back 2/3 of it grow out and just trim back the front 1/3 to my eyebrows. A thin wisp of frame, no more fringe that's two full inches deep on my scalp. Or, just let it grow on out and cut a thin fringe back in at the front hairline if I start getting sick of my long face. We'll see how it goes.

3) Extra vigilance about the sections of hair above my nape as they grow out and get longer. Silicones will protect it, so I cannot forget my silicone serum and I have to use it extremely generously on this section or I'm going to start getting dozens and dozens of splits there again and have horrific matted tangles throughout the rest of my hair starting there.

Klaudia
September 10th, 2015, 02:09 PM
I want to do the no trim 2016 challenge. I think I can reach waist stretched in 2016, or get even longer. My other goal is getting the hair around my face longer, which are more fragile than the rest . I've cut face framing layers from them, they look okay, but I can't put them in buns with a side part... :( And I love to wear side part. I need bobby pins, or braids to fix them.

missrandie
September 10th, 2015, 02:17 PM
My goal is to make it to APL next year. I will microtrim if I absolutely have to, but otherwise I'm not touching my hair. At the rate I'm going, I just might be able to make a proper ponytail with all my hair by the end of this year, so I will be using larger clips and doing peacock twists soon! I just cant wait until I can make loose ponytails again. I despise them tight.

My other goal besides APL and not trimming is to not cut my bangs back in.. I want to see what I look like completely without them, with a loose ponytail or bun before I cut them in again. If I like what I see, no more bangs.

Sarahlabyrinth
September 10th, 2015, 02:19 PM
To reach Classic and maintain for a while to thicken my ends - this should be attainable. And decide if I want to then grow longer.

RainbowBowser
September 10th, 2015, 02:23 PM
Two things:
1. Reach hip length or more, if I keep up my habits I'll be fine with this one
2. Try more complex hair styles, I have one of the most versatile lengths and yet I just throw it into a nautilus, cinnabun or side braid.

vpatt
September 10th, 2015, 02:56 PM
2016 Hair Goals

1. Let it grow!! Either with no trimming or the occassional microtrimming. I hope by Jan. 2017 to be at waist or very close to waist length hair.
2. Use more conditioning on the ends to keep them healthy. SMT and oils.
3. Learn more updos for longer hair as it grows over the next 1 1/2 yrs.
4. Be more patient and live in the moment! Not putting my life on hold until....the hair is longer, the extra pounds are gone...etc, you get the idea.....lol

meteor
September 10th, 2015, 05:37 PM
1. Grow to Fingertip / Mid-Thigh or, if I'm lucky, maybe even Knee;
2. Learn new updos and braids;
3. Experiment more with deep treatments (not neglect hair as much);
4. Avoid trimming.

Loveisaverb
September 10th, 2015, 05:40 PM
1. Grow virgin one length APL hair.
2. Be able to put my hair into a proper bun.
3. Be able to do a whole bunch of braiding styles.
4. No cutting at all.

Arctic
September 10th, 2015, 05:54 PM
Cutting in a v-shaped hemline, regular trimming to help grow out some of my new layers, mini-mini-dusting of those said layers so they'll stay in good condition, and hopefully thicken up my hair back towards where it used to be. If I assume I'd reach APL sometime around new year, I might or might not reach BSL during 2016 because of the planned trimming (I'd estimate it would normally take about a year of uncut growth from APL to BSL). I want more for the thickness to travel down than length. I also hope to have solved my hair loss issues at the latest on the first quarter of 2016 (ofcourse the new growth will take much longer to travel down).

Chocowalnut
September 10th, 2015, 06:09 PM
I would like to reach waist or as close as possible by the end of 2016. I'll probably get a good trim that year (gone through 2015 so far without trimming) and remove the last of my bleach damage, splits and just freshen it up some. I might do something with the color but keep bouncing back and forth on that. I want to remove the henna from my hair but I don't want to damage it a lot. Wear it up in nice, safe styles more, too.

applecinn
September 10th, 2015, 07:32 PM
This is perfect to find this thread today (I nearly cut to an above shoulder length choppy bob this weekend!) but luckily the coffee shop across the street from the salon was so inviting that I decided it a better idea!

2016 Goals:
1 trim of no more than 1" for the year
no chemical color, will continue henna/cassia
learn and use at least two updo styles, ponytail doesn't count
simple/gentle daily hair care and a deep condition twice a month

BSL by end of year? :)

Magalo
September 10th, 2015, 08:26 PM
Goal for 2016 is to reach solid TBL and cut most of the dye damage/layers off. I hope I will be able to do both. :) my hair is currently brushing hips (i cut 3 inches lately) and my shortest/most damaged layer (hair at the front) is at waist. I hope these will be damage free at hips by the end of 2016 (I'm shooting for a u hemline!). Good luck everybody!

turtlelover
September 10th, 2015, 10:03 PM
Goals for 2016: No trimming except for on Jan 1st and S&D. Regular coconut oil treatments before shampooing. Wearing my hair up as much as possible. Nothing but semi permanent dye -- NO demi anymore that uses developer!

kelseyxface
September 12th, 2015, 07:14 AM
Well I would like to kick off 2016 by reaching BSL by December! :D

I think I would like to experiment with more updos once my hair reaches a length I can (hopefully) play with. Even if I can't do much with it, I want to participate in the wear your hair up challenge for the winter, and baby my ends. I've been doing a great job growing out my bleach, and my ends for the most part have been pretty well behaved, and I've been micro trimming every 2-3 months to help them behave. But this summer really ruined my ends! They get so fizzy, dry, and hay like. I'm hoping this winter I can really focus on micro trimming once a month, along with some good leave ins and updos so I can have a lot more noticeable length and healthy hair ends.

I'm also hoping to get the hair that used to be my bangs to CBL, I've noticed as my hair grows that most of my lack of thickness issues stems from how much hair my hair dresser had dedicated to my bangs (measured the width - an inch and a half of bangs on my left side, and a half inch width on my left :shudder: ).

Good luck in every one else's hair journey this year! :cool:

Stiria
September 12th, 2015, 07:47 AM
My only goal for 2016 is to reach mid-thigh/fingertip. It shouldn't be a problem unless I go crazy with a pair of scissors.

Ashflower89
September 12th, 2015, 07:49 AM
My goal is to hit collarbone sometime in the spring, and hopefully armpit before the end of the year. I only plan on doing small trims every 3 months and im already a half inch from shoulder, so it should be possible.

I also just discovered that cowashing actually works for me, so I guess my other goal is to keep stretching shampoos by cowashing to reduce drying out and fuzziness.

Mammasaurusrex
September 12th, 2015, 11:11 AM
So glad I found this thread:) My three main goals are : SURPASS APL! This is something that has never happened in my life. I know I will reach apl in the beginning/middle of the year but what I am afraid of is not surpassing it at all. Second, keep up my hair care routine...taking my vitamins, rice water washes, inversion method and dr bronners shampoos and conditioners, no heat styling and no chemical dye. I just want to be more strict with the routine and keep up with it. I think I will do fine because Ive been doing it most of this year too. Three, no trims whatsoever. None!

Nadine <3
September 12th, 2015, 11:24 AM
2016 hair goals:
No Trimming! I'll be having a tiny micro trim to start off the year fresh and then no more scissors.
Grow to waist by september 2016

That's about it...my routine has been working perfectly so the only thing to do it wait for it to get longer! Maybe work on new styles in 2016...

LauraAlaina
September 12th, 2015, 02:01 PM
1. No bleach! No highlights, no ombre- my hair can't take it.
2. No heat styling except for special events. So far so good. I haven't styled my hair at all in a month.
3. Micro trim every 3 months.
4. Color roots only every 2 months. (Not sooner to avoid overlapping)
5. DO NOT CUT BANGS you will hate them.

My plan so far...

Mammasaurusrex
September 12th, 2015, 03:26 PM
1. No bleach! No highlights, no ombre- my hair can't take it.
2. No heat styling except for special events. So far so good. I haven't styled my hair at all in a month.
3. Micro trim every 3 months.
4. Color roots only every 2 months. (Not sooner to avoid overlapping)
5. DO NOT CUT BANGS you will hate them.

My plan so far...

What do you dye with? I will be dying my hair monthly in 2016 if I keep up an inch of growth a month. I've got henna dye for black hair that I use because my roots are dirty blonde. It's gross!

Mullsha
September 12th, 2015, 03:54 PM
Well, I'd like to see length and thickness as well. So at the moment I'm thinking maybe trying to get to classic if possible? If not then I will just micro trim here and there slowly cutting my bleached ends. Another goal would be to get the dye to my shoulders. My dye is about chin length and I would love to have virgin hair! But that is not until another few years.

AutobotsAttack
September 12th, 2015, 04:02 PM
1. To be at least hip length or longer
2. Perhaps test my hair care skills with some highlights
3. Maybe grow out all my layers. I actual really like my layers but I want to experiment with a nice blunt hemline.
4. More thickness on top of the major thickness I already have
5. Master at least 10 good bun styles
6. Decrease my shedding (if I can't it's no big deal)
7. If I actually make it to classic length in that year I will definately be content :)

quirkybookworm
September 12th, 2015, 05:13 PM
I have so many goals for 2016.

1.Tailbone length! Tailbone was my original goal when I started growing out my hair in September 2013, and though that goal has since lengthened, I'm super excited to be a year-ish away from it. :joy:
2. No trimming - this won't be my first year of no trimming (I was trim free from Sep. 2013 to April 2015), but it'll be new to be trim free at waist+ and it'll be new to be trim free by decision instead of out of laziness. :lol:
3. Take a length photo every month. I've been super lazy about taking length photos over the past two years, and looking back it makes me a little sad. So, next year, I plan to get into the habit of taking length photos regularly.
4. The 'wear your hair up challenge' - I want to wear my hair up for the entire 2016 year.
5. Learn more styles! I really want to learn, and master, different buns and braids so I can keep the 'wear it up challenge' interesting. I'd also really like to experiment with ribbons (in braids, and buns, and such next year).

ReneeG
September 13th, 2015, 03:00 PM
I don't know if I really have any true goals for the upcoming year! I had originally wanted to hit waist when I joined LHC, and I have recently, and I wanted to grow out my bleach damage, which I have been, and my hair is really in excellent condition! I guess my goal wil, be do find the length where I feel that it is very long (for me, as BSL was the longest I had ever been prior to LHC!) but is also manageable. I am in the military and have to have a tight low bun every day, and some lengths are harder than others to deal with that. I've never met anyone in the military with hair longer than classic! So maybe for me, hip? BCL? TBL? This sounds like a good year to decide if I like it longer than waist for work.

My next goal (pending the first one) is to microtrim off bleach damage. I have been bleach free for 16 months, and have only done a Demi 2x in that time so as to match my ends to my natural color. The worst of it is gone and my ends are pretty smooth and healthy now, but I'd like to get full virgin eventually over the next few years. So I guess it is a goal to get rid of as much prior bleach while still looking for my ideal length.

My last goal is to learn new buns that I can do with hair ties, pins, and spin pins, that will be solid for a full day at work. Right now I just do a Cinnabun held by an elastic, or a ponytail braided and then twisted into a bun, held by elastics. Very boring.

My last goal is to find a product that will help me to tame and grow out the crazy frizzy and thin hair at my temp,ex and in my bang area, because they are all around 3 inches and never seem to get any better! I need something to smooth and baby them to grow with the rest. This year I plan to find it, as having waist + hair but 3 inch frizzies around my face looks pretty awkward.

Decemberrose
September 13th, 2015, 03:04 PM
1. Get to BSL by christmas 2016
2. No trimming
3. Keep up my haircare rutine
4. Get better at benign neglect

LauraAlaina
September 13th, 2015, 03:35 PM
What do you dye with? I will be dying my hair monthly in 2016 if I keep up an inch of growth a month. I've got henna dye for black hair that I use because my roots are dirty blonde. It's gross!

I wish I had dirty blonde roots! Haha- I am an "unnatural" blonde plus I have greys so I use permanent color- don't have a choice (Sometimes it doesnt even cover my greys!)

Finallymajor
September 13th, 2015, 04:14 PM
My 2016 goal is get through all the horrible pixie grow out phases. With my other grow outs, it took me one full year to get to shoulder length. I can't wait to get through this year so I can bun and grow. (This includes only nape trims)

Also to get a solid schedule down with my hair. Mayyyybe experiment with cassia?

Mammasaurusrex
September 13th, 2015, 04:33 PM
I wish I had dirty blonde roots! Haha- I am an "unnatural" blonde plus I have greys so I use permanent color- don't have a choice (Sometimes it doesnt even cover my greys!)
Ah that sucks! Ive read a lot that even henna dye doesnt cover grays well. I wonder why that is? Gray is a light color so logic tells me it would be covered easily but its not.

Eastbound&Down
September 13th, 2015, 05:14 PM
I don't know if I really have any true goals for the upcoming year! I had originally wanted to hit waist when I joined LHC, and I have recently, and I wanted to grow out my bleach damage, which I have been, and my hair is really in excellent condition! I guess my goal wil, be do find the length where I feel that it is very long (for me, as BSL was the longest I had ever been prior to LHC!) but is also manageable. I am in the military and have to have a tight low bun every day, and some lengths are harder than others to deal with that. I've never met anyone in the military with hair longer than classic! So maybe for me, hip? BCL? TBL? This sounds like a good year to decide if I like it longer than waist for work.

My next goal (pending the first one) is to microtrim off bleach damage. I have been bleach free for 16 months, and have only done a Demi 2x in that time so as to match my ends to my natural color. The worst of it is gone and my ends are pretty smooth and healthy now, but I'd like to get full virgin eventually over the next few years. So I guess it is a goal to get rid of as much prior bleach while still looking for my ideal length.

My last goal is to learn new buns that I can do with hair ties, pins, and spin pins, that will be solid for a full day at work. Right now I just do a Cinnabun held by an elastic, or a ponytail braided and then twisted into a bun, held by elastics. Very boring.

My last goal is to find a product that will help me to tame and grow out the crazy frizzy and thin hair at my temp,ex and in my bang area, because they are all around 3 inches and never seem to get any better! I need something to smooth and baby them to grow with the rest. This year I plan to find it, as having waist + hair but 3 inch frizzies around my face looks pretty awkward.

I'm military also, and I've seen a woman with thigh length hair at one of our products sessions :) gave me hope

Victoria.Nichol
September 13th, 2015, 06:37 PM
I'm glad you started this thread, Got me thinking and I love planning so...
My Goals For 2016 Are:
1.Foremost I want long hair, so I'm hoping to hit 33 Inches at least by Christmas 2016.( That's adding 6 inches to my 27 inch or 28 inch hair, I measured on my own and I just remeasured and its 27 if I don't pull and 28" if I pull it . So I'm going with the shorter goal to make it definitely attainable!)
2. Learn How To take better care of my hair, put it up more, tie it up when sleeping, silk pillow case , deep conditions which i have been doing weekly or more lately.

3. Reading many of your comments has made me realize something.., I only do ponytails or boring buns but i'm realizing that ponytails can cause breakage, I don't want that. So I'm going to be checking out the best way to put my hair up to protect from breakage and help retain the length i already have.

4. Appreciate My Hair and What God has given me more instead of always complaing about my hair being to short or too dry or not blond so you can see my beautiful braid, or not black so its super shiny . LOL I do love everyone else's hair.

valkyrje
September 14th, 2015, 04:11 PM
Great thread! Now I'll definitely remember my goals. :)
- I'll try to stretch my washes or at least not to wash my whole length so often.
- Use no heat at all.
- Give up henna and grow my natural hair colour (I've been curious about it lately).
- Learn a few buns and not wear it down so often, especially on windy days.
- Buy some decent hair sticks and stop using pencils. :D
- No trimming.
- Reach waist length. :disco:

lillielil
September 14th, 2015, 04:17 PM
I'm just getting back to LHC after an extended hiatus, so my goals may be too much!

-Work toward growing out my natural color. This is going to be a long process. In the meantime, find some way of helping to blend the new growth with the dyed mess. I have been using 30-day box dyes, which unfortunately tend to turn out very dark purple no matter what the box says. Research a better alternative.
-Negotiate my first Minnesota winter. Possible pitfalls: dry air, hats, softened water that I still don't know how to deal with.
-Learn and wear more styles.
-Reach waist length by end of year.
-Wear a braided style at least once or twice a month.
-Continue to slowly trim out damage, cutting about 1/2" every other month.

Lazy Loop
September 14th, 2015, 09:31 PM
2016:

Reading this thread challenges, even "dares" me to make a commitment, and I NEED to do this. I want my hair longer. Since I just added some layering, I would like to commit to:

1. No Cutting 2016, just put the scissors away
2. Try to experiment with wearing hair up once a week, and try new styles monthly

I am inspired! Need lots of patience. I'm really not the "enjoy the journey" type, but I would like to try for 2016. And, I'm going to wrap up my hair cutting scissors and put them far away for the year. I don't need to cut the rest of this year, either. Good Luck, everyone!!

hanne jensen
September 15th, 2015, 11:00 AM
My goals for 2016:

1. Reach the bottom of waist/hip

2. Improve the condition of my hair

3. Under no circumstances chop. When my hair gets long I tend to chop. This is why at the age of 56 I have never had long hair.

4: New hairtoys!

TatsuOni
September 15th, 2015, 11:41 AM
1. Get my hair as long as I can during the year. (WL now)
2. Learn more updos that actually works in my hair. (I got hair like wild kitten:kitten: Soft, silky and refuses to stay for more than a few minutes in most updos.
3. S&D more regular.

Belle Paix
September 15th, 2015, 11:46 AM
Okay, I'm in. Here are my 2016 goals:
-Reach BSL(Woot!)
-No cuts, trims, or other length alterations, lol!
-Hair up daily WITHOUT using ponytail holders. Even the padded ones are heck on my hair. If no choice, must remember scruncii
-Learn at least 5 new updo's. I have plenty of hair toys to do this with....
-No heat styling, unless a special occasion.

Eastbound&Down
September 15th, 2015, 08:55 PM
Wow, so glad I'm not the only one thinking ahead! Great goals everyone!

Mammasaurusrex
September 16th, 2015, 12:31 PM
Great thread! Now I'll definitely remember my goals. :)
- I'll try to stretch my washes or at least not to wash my whole length so often.
- Use no heat at all.
- Give up henna and grow my natural hair colour (I've been curious about it lately).
- Learn a few buns and not wear it down so often, especially on windy days.
- Buy some decent hair sticks and stop using pencils. :D
- No trimming.
- Reach waist length. :disco:
So funny about the pencils! when my hair was longer I used pencils too! Probably not the best but definitely more easy to come across that hair sticks :)

Jeno86
September 16th, 2015, 11:20 PM
1) Find the herbal rinse that is best for my hair.
2) Reach waist at minimum.
3) Learn new hairstick styles.

Inching Along
September 17th, 2015, 12:55 PM
My hair goals for 2016:

1. Let it grow with only 3 or 4 small trims along the way. This includes growing out my bangs (currently about half an inch from the tip of my nose). I hope to have no layers eventually and a gentle U-shaped hemline.

2. Continue brushing each morning bent at the waist with a boar bristle brush. Bent at the waist with my head down and my hair in front of me like a curtain, I use a wide-tooth comb to detangle my hair, and then I brush with my BBB (on a wooden base) and follow each stroke with my other hand to minimize frizz. I tend to do 80 to 100 strokes each morning (I built up slowly from about 20 strokes). I've found that my hair feels softer, which is a great benefit. I'm hoping to see some positive stimulation of growth as well over time. Brushing bent at the waist with a BBB was advocated by Dr. George Michael. (https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/george-michaels-secret-for-long-hair.30666/#post-2113816)

3. Visit a George Michael salon! If we are able to visit a state where there is a George Michael salon, I want to get a treatment, trim, and tips for growing my hair long. (I really look forward to this!)

I hope that my hair will be able to reach APL (24 inches) or very close to it by the end of 2016.

xoAshley
September 17th, 2015, 02:35 PM
My goal is to make it to hip or *possibly* tailbone & maintain the rest of the year (and beyond)! I'm at waist right now so very doable :cheer:, just a matter of where I decide to stop and start maintaining.

butterflybutton
September 17th, 2015, 02:42 PM
2016 will be a slower growth year for me.

My goals are to reach waist, hopefully whilst wavy.

I'm going to do a few small micro trims to slowly remove the mullet layers, between 1" and 2" over the year.

And also I've given my natural colour a good chance to grow out and I just don't feel great with it so I'll be going back to foils as it's less to maintain.

Ooh, and I would like to get some nice hair toys in 2016.

Edit Jan 10th: I've decided to go with no trimming again, so I won't be doing the micro trims. However, I will definitely make waist!

HairFanson
September 17th, 2015, 05:08 PM
1. Get to Hip or TB by end of the year with even hemline.
2. Find something to cover greys that isn't damaging
3. Learn to either like my natural texture, or how to get those weird random wavy bits out with warm blow dry.
4. Remember to oil before wash every time.
5. No trims! S&D only when needed, and grow out my layers.
6. Figure out how to be able to keep hair down and safe in public (braid for bed only)- I see no point in growing hair for it to be hidden in braids/buns all the time.

Monsterkitti
September 19th, 2015, 09:20 AM
1- Get to Hip
2- Thicken up my hemline

2016 will be about getting my hair in better condition while still trying to gain a bit of growth too :)

Agnes Hannah
September 19th, 2015, 10:49 AM
Right, Ok, here goes.........
Small micro trims every three months (same as this year)
Henna (am new to this but I love the colour!)
Try scalp only now as its getting to a length that I can do this.
Grow to classic! Yep that's Classic!!! OMG I never thought I would be saying this!!
More hair toys as I'm an addict and I'm not ready for rehab yet.
New styles that I haven't been able to do before because I didn't have enough length. Here's to 2016!!

YvetteVarie
September 19th, 2015, 11:10 AM
My goal for 2016 is to grow to MBL. So weekly deep treatments, oiling, and putting my hair up are my main actions. I just hope to end 2015 being close to bsl

maskedrose
September 19th, 2015, 12:15 PM
My goal for 2016 is to reach BCL and maintain. I'm about 4" away, so I will probably do several 1/2" trims until I get there and then maintain, maintain, maintain. I'm so excited to maintain!! BCL is my final hair goal, and I really don't think that I'll want to go further once I reach it. TBL might happen through benign neglect, but that's about it.

jel
September 19th, 2015, 03:49 PM
I'm hoping that by 2016 my health-related shed will have reversed and my hair will start thickening again.

In 2016, my goal is to reach fingertip length

I will continue with letting my natural colour shine, and might even trim off the red ends after I reach FTL. That might be a goal for 2017, though!

A major goal for the foreseeable future is to baby my length and oil regularly.

SnottyDotty
September 19th, 2015, 05:33 PM
1. No trims 2016
2. Waist by Christmas 2016
3. Master a Game of Thrones hairstyle
4. Grow my mullet layers long enough to reach a medium high ponytail (thus eliminating my need for Click Clack hair clips)

AdaClare
September 20th, 2015, 12:39 PM
1) (Hopefully!) reach classic
2) Get back on a more regular oiling schedule
3) Frizz control!
4) Try to use more hairstyles in my routine than my usual French/Dutch braid, bun, and loose styles

hennalonghair
September 20th, 2015, 01:53 PM
My goal for 2016 is:
1/. to grow out enough greys so I can sport silver hair with a cherry cola bun.
2/. to reach WL - dry & curly
3/. to keep my regular maintenance trimming so my ends stay thick and healthy.

Robi-Bird
September 20th, 2015, 01:57 PM
2016 Goals:

1: Grow, grow grow
2: Learn more buns
3: Refrain from chopping it all off.

Platzhalter
September 20th, 2015, 02:28 PM
Hm... may add more in a few months, but there are some goals I already know:

1. Stretching my washes even more or switching to swim day as wash day
2. Putting it up more often (includes learning better ways to do so)
3. Reaching TBL at the end of the year

Lucy Elizabeth
September 20th, 2015, 07:51 PM
Great goals!

Hmm mine would have to be
-Try to make it to classic by the end of the year (if i didn't trim I may be able to, if not then I'm content with ending the year with tailbone length hair)
-Have fun with it, try out new braids and updos. I've already started to practice this one, hope the habit continues into 2016
-Try to get rid of/grow out the majority of my layers to achieve thickness
-Get more of a blunt, thick, hemline
-Baby it more, be more gentle when brushing and styling.
-Practice a little more benign neglect. Outside of my weekly coconut oil treatments and 2 inch+ trims twice a year, I like having new growth creep up on me and being able to actually go awhile without measuring or staring it whenever i pass a mirror
-Wear it up more often. I usually wear it down twice a week the day after i wash it, but sometimes i get bored with it just down and straight.

RavenRose
September 20th, 2015, 11:35 PM
I'm dusting APL (21") currently, And I would like to reach waist (27.5") by the end of next year, but that may be a bit to much to hope for, since I do have quite a bit of damage that I am micro trimming out... Plus I want to have a thicker hemline if possible. So I will probably be in the mid-back abyss...

Suguru
September 20th, 2015, 11:56 PM
My plan for 2016:

-Keep trimming 100% of growth at the nape of my neck until March 12th (the 1-year anniversary of my head shave) then switch to trimming only 50% of nape growth
-Do not dye it
-Stretch washes
-Minimise use of styling products

I hope to have an honest-to-goodness bob by the end of 2016. Then I can switch to no trims in 2017 and let it GROW!

pailin
September 21st, 2015, 01:24 AM
1. Continue not trimming (but I'm starting to S&D as necessary)
2. Keep my hair healthy
3. Hip!

LauraLongLocks
September 21st, 2015, 03:48 AM
Hmmm... Let's see... In 2016, I want to:

Grow my hair longer (can I make it to TBL? maybe)
Keep my hem tidy

That's about it. Not very exciting this time around for me. I've done most of my experimenting. I know what my hair likes, and I know a plethora of styles so I won't get bored. If I do get bored, I can watch more tutorials on YouTube. My bangs are now neck length and popping out of every style, but that's just par for the course. I hope as they grow they will continue to blend better and better into my length.

Neelie
September 21st, 2015, 11:53 AM
1 - hair extensions
2 - keep those healthy
3 - grow my own hair !
4 - repeat all the above....... till my own hair is about BSL (2-3 years..?)

Nebulae
September 21st, 2015, 01:15 PM
I want to focus more on the quality of my hair rather than length.. even though tailbone would be cool to reach by the end of next year I would rather have the last of my damaged ends trimmed off for good. If I'm doing it in one go or in several smaller trims I haven't decided yet. I still have a few months to plan :)

Christine_O
September 21st, 2015, 01:38 PM
I have a grown out mullety pixie. By Christmas this year I hope to have enough grown out to make a bun. By the end of next year I hope to reach half way to BSL with micro trims to even it up slightly.

yahirwaO.o
September 21st, 2015, 01:41 PM
Well I will continue trimming my hair every two months, still I want to have solid BSL lenght thought the year aiming for waist while keeping the most blunt and thick hem im able to archive! So far its going so well!!

Wosie
September 21st, 2015, 01:52 PM
Maaaybe reaching hip length... Not worrying so much about growing quickly; trimming somewhat regularly, but little, to keep my hemline neat and tidy and the way I want it (I forced myself to just let it grow throughout a rather large portion of this year, even though my hair's unevenness kept bothering me and I know not to do that again). Not buying any hair toys unless I truly love them (I haven't bought any since... June? :hmm:).
Not worrying about shedding. Shedding has its periods when it goes pretty much crazy (i.e. losing up to 200 hairs a day), and at times I barely shed at all. Best to not think about it much. This was something that made me really sad during the summer, I thought my shedding was abnormal, and the tufts of hair being combed out every morning scared me.

In short--not worrying so much, and carry on growing while trimming a teeny bit every now and then. c:

humble_knight
September 21st, 2015, 06:49 PM
Benign neglect is still the strategy which has been most successful for me, plus I finally managed to get to grips with psorias, or folliculitis, which was bothering my scalp these past few years. I hit my original goal-length of shoulderlength and by the end of 2016 I hope to edge closer to my new goal of APL :)

Alien Girl
September 22nd, 2015, 09:05 AM
new goals: fill my hair with henndigo. take decent care of it. don't pay too much attention to it (it grows faster mentally that way!)
keep it black and simple!

woolyleprechaun
September 22nd, 2015, 09:32 AM
I'm hoping to hit classic in the summer, and if that happens, hang around there and neaten my ends a bit. I'm aiming to deep condition and oil more often.
I used to attempt benign neglect and fail miserably, but since this year has been so chaotic its happened naturally...

Shepherdess
September 22nd, 2015, 10:07 AM
I think I will keep my goals pretty basic.

In 2016, my goals are:

1. Do everything possible to be gentle to hair, from care to updos.
2. No trims except for more frequent s&d.
3. Exercise regularly and stick to good diet and supplements ( including intake of more fluids and teas as part of diet); especially for hormone and thyroid health.
4. Implement more herbal tea hair rinses and oat/rice water rinses.
5. Use daily (homemade) leave-in conditioner.
6. Regular scalp massages with Clary sage essential oil.

Winter Fox
September 22nd, 2015, 10:13 AM
Reach tailbone length and keep my hair healthy and growing.

Kome
September 22nd, 2015, 10:32 AM
My BIG goal is to get to BSL by June/July. That is my big hair goal. Not really sure where my goal is ultimately, but I definitely want it to at least there. :)

lalepepper
September 22nd, 2015, 11:01 AM
By the end of 2016 I'd like to have passed BSL and be working my way to waist. I want to work regular deep conditioning treatments in to my routine, and learn at least 4-5 new updos I can use as my hair gets longer. I also want to keep on top of any emerging split ends and trim them if needed.

sarahthegemini
September 22nd, 2015, 12:51 PM
My plans for 2016 are to reach BSL, and maintain there to thicken up my hemline and get rid of straggly ends. Then maybe waist in 2017!

Groovy Granny
October 4th, 2015, 05:29 PM
I will be reaching my goal of WL by Christmas no problem so ~

1)Christmas/January - do a 'micro' trim

2) 'Try' growing to hip until Spring (only 2 inches from my natural waist)

3) In 'hair toy time out' for 2016

4) Use a different toy/style daily

5) Determine trim schedule/goal length as I grow

Edited Goals:

1) Start seasonal trims (every 3 months) on December 22

2) I have reached waist (woohoo) and will maintain that length

3) In 'hair toy time out' for 2016 *I may get a planned celebratory toy for reaching goal* (then go back in time out) ;)

4) Use a different toy/protective style daily

5) Clarify Monthly with Neutrogena
6) Clarify/chelate and deep condition quarterly with Joico and K Pak Hydration

UPDATE March 31

Switching to seasonal dustings

I reached hip then cut last fringe layer off the beginning of March (back to waist +)

New hair goal of TB

#3-6 remain the same

dancingrain91
October 4th, 2015, 05:42 PM
I hope to make it to where my hair is to my hip bones in the front and then maintain for awhile until I get rid of the layers and rough parts.

Eastbound&Down
October 4th, 2015, 06:25 PM
I hope to make it to where my hair is to my hip bones in the front and then maintain for awhile until I get rid of the layers and rough parts.

That's my overall length goal too :) except I love my layers and will be keeping and up keeping them. I plan to maintain there to get to 100% virgin hair.

Quahatundightu
October 5th, 2015, 05:49 AM
My only goal is to maintain at classic and hopefully thicken up my ends. Although it was fun to grow this year I have been really looking forward to finally maintaining!

hennalonghair
October 5th, 2015, 05:54 AM
To get to solid waist while curly and dry with a silver / cherry cola transition.

Zesty
October 5th, 2015, 06:27 AM
Waaaaaist. Hoping to reach it in the first half of the year. :pray: I'm ready to settle down for a while in the waist to tailbone thread...

So no trims for me again in 2016, and continuing the benign neglect. (I think I've mentioned elsewhere that I've pretty much stopped detangling altogether. I comb once a month to get my hair to lie straight for my length picture, but otherwise it's just enough finger combing to get it into a neat updo. It's actually been working well.)

I should probably S&D more also, but it's considerably less addictive when you can't find a split.

school of fish
October 5th, 2015, 06:38 AM
Staying the course for me, just getting closer to the destination... aiming to reach TBL and continue growing out the damage and unwanted layers - if all goes well then by Christmas 2016 I should have microtrimmed my way to my goal length. After that it's all about maintaining a little more agressively - snipping away the damage and waiting for my undercut and front layers to reach my hemline :)

Horrorpops
October 5th, 2015, 07:34 AM
Waist or close to hip with my now virgin hair).
Finally!! They have been my hair goals since I joined and started growing in 2009.... growing out bleach and damage took so much longer than I would have expected. :)

CoveredByLove
October 5th, 2015, 12:33 PM
I did so much trimming the first couple years here due to damage...I'm FINALLY happy to make achievable length goals! Trying to grow my damaged hair was impossible.

1. Relax. Don't think about hair too much. I did a lot of experimenting as a newbie, and I'm ready to settle down. lol :p I learned a lot, but I usually end up going back to a basic routine. Use my favorite products and just be consistent.
2. Enjoy my hair. :)
3. Keep my scalp consistently healthy and happy. This year I developed some SD, so my scalp has been very picky.
4. Be somewhere in Mid-back abyss CURLY by Christmas '16...hopefully will be nearing waist. :cool:
5. Have fun!

Estrid
October 5th, 2015, 09:45 PM
My "goals" (more like "things I hope I will do") that sound realistic enough:

1. As main protection: Wear hair up when at home and try to get used to sleeping with hair wrapped up in a silk scarf (not sure how I will enjoy that, but I bet I can get used to it).
2. Wear hair up (outside of home) at least 3 times a week (ponytails do NOT count, stop with those)
3. Reach waist
4. Trim away as much of the layers as possible without going shorter than waist length.

hinabelle
October 5th, 2015, 10:06 PM
1. Keep wearing my hair up every day until I'm satisfied enough with my hair to wear it down.
2. Take very good care of my new growth.

:D

poli
October 6th, 2015, 02:09 AM
I decided to keep growing with as little trims as possible, keep henning without any lightening and evening out the color (I just feel it would be too frustrating) and have some fun with deposit dyes on the lighter ends (just bought Direction's Tulip to try first).

anastasiashea
October 6th, 2015, 02:24 AM
1. No more ponytails. Stop that business, lady.

2. Use hairsticks more.

3. Reach hip. Also reach to below the boob in front WITHOUT A BRA. Now there's a real challenge.

4. Do SMTs weekly.

5. Figure out what an SMT is.

6. Two small trims only.

7. S&D more.

tigress86
October 6th, 2015, 02:24 AM
1. Wear it up more
2. Destash hair products
3. Reach APL

Shia
October 6th, 2015, 02:42 AM
1. Microtrim every 8 weeks
2. Continue growing out bleach (nearly one year already!!)
3. Reach waist. (A more realistic goal would be 'gain length') My poor bleached ends and length have been crumbling and I have stayed at BSL all year, despite my best efforts :(

LegoCaltrops
October 6th, 2015, 04:52 AM
I'm hoping to reach SL by New Year. So next year I am going to:

- keep up with the co-washing, & not revert back to using shampoo too often, I find it just makes my hair more oily.
- try to stretch my washes once I am able to put my hair up every day. Before I had the last of the pixie layers cut out, I could manage a tolerable ponytail & easily go 3 days. Now, no pony, & barely 2 days.
- Not be sucked into buying rubbish hair products full of cones etc - my hair hates them, & hates the SLS even more.
- I will get a hair fork & some sticks when I have enough hair to use them. And stop using the damaging ponytail bands ASAP.
- keep up with the head massage 7 days per month (it works!) & moisture treatments, as my hair is really fragile & needs it.
- Buy or make a hat that will accommodate a bun for winter 2016. I am not a fan of the hairdryer & I have a bit of a walk to work.

Fericera
October 6th, 2015, 01:41 PM
My big hair goal is to hit waist length by Christmas 2016. Other than that it's going to be a pretty uneventful hair year, stuck between shortish and longish, and not fussing over it much.

Oh, and I'm waffling as to whether to do my third no trim year or not. I still have a few months to decide.

freesia
October 6th, 2015, 02:31 PM
Considering how slow my hair gains length, it would be awesome to reach the waist milestone (unstretched) by October 2016 ..

Frankenstein
October 6th, 2015, 02:47 PM
1. Trim every 3 months to get a thicker hemline
2. Deep condition more often

DanicaBlaBla
October 13th, 2015, 07:10 PM
1. no trim or trim once in 6 months ( depends of how much split ends i have )
2.No heat
3.I was thinking dying my hair black so if i do that then i will dye every 2 months just roots and if i dont go black until the end of 2015 then i will not dye my hair for whole 2016
4 deep condition hair once week
5. improve hair condition
6. learn more hairstyles
7 reach waist length or more

kaylenfalse
October 13th, 2015, 07:27 PM
1. deep condition at least once a month. I can rarely find the time!
2. Wear hear up in a protective style at least 3 times a week
3. S/D once a month
4. get a thicker, healthier hemline
5. Reach hip length. :pray:

rhosyn_du
October 13th, 2015, 07:54 PM
1. Stop trimming as soon as my undercut layers are even with the rest of my hair and don't trim again until I hit APL.
2. No color, no matter how bored I get. This is why hair toys and scarves exist.
3. Keep my hair up when it's windy and covered when I'm out in the sun.

SparkleToes
October 13th, 2015, 08:46 PM
1. try to grow to my goal length hip/tailbone
2. Only microtrimming
3. Babying my hair more
4. And getting stronger hair
So these are my goals and I hope I do well with them *fingers crossed teeth gritted* :pegasus::cheer::love:

AZDesertRose
October 14th, 2015, 12:02 AM
1. I'm trying for waist by Christmas 2016; I can probably make that, as I'll likely be BSL by Christmas 2015.

2. I also want to find a hair routine that both my scalp and my length like. Right now it seems like I can make either my scalp or my length happy but not both at once. (I have seborrheic dermatitis, so this is a bit of an adventure.) I just tried WCC with tonight's wash because CWC made my hair happy but my scalp went haywire with itchies and gunk.

3. Continue with benign neglect. Wearing my hair up the overwhelming majority of the time means that I have very little damage even at the ends. I looked at my ends tonight with the idea of doing S&D, but there weren't any splits/white dots to destroy, so YAY! I'm not so concerned with not trimming. I'll trim if it needs it, but it hasn't been trimmed since February 2015, and it doesn't need it so as long as it doesn't need trimming (or even S&D), then I won't fool with it.

4. Learn new updos. I can do a disc bun, a LWB, French braid, lace braid, and a cinnamon bun, but I think I've outgrown the Gibson tuck. (It wants to fall through every time I've tried it in the last few months, like the weight of my hair is too much now.) I can do a crown braid on other people's heads but not my own, and I'd like to be able to crown-braid my own hair. I've always wanted to be able to do an upside-down French braid but I've never been able to make it work and look good. I don't quite have the length to pull off a figure-8 bun yet, so I'm assuming an infinity isn't going to work yet either, but maybe by waist, I can do either or both of those.

5. Get some new hair toys. I have a few sticks and two Ravenslair forks, but that and some elastics, combs, bobby pins, and Good Hair Days hair pins are about the extent of my hair toys. I wouldn't mind trying a Ficcare or a Flexi-8.

julee
October 14th, 2015, 12:27 AM
Right, Ok, here goes.........
Small micro trims every three months (same as this year)
Henna (am new to this but I love the colour!)
Try scalp only now as its getting to a length that I can do this.
Grow to classic! Yep that's Classic!!! OMG I never thought I would be saying this!!
More hair toys as I'm an addict and I'm not ready for rehab yet.
New styles that I haven't been able to do before because I didn't have enough length. Here's to 2016!!

Very worthy goal! That's one of mine also! :D

Others are
-Maybe reach TBL, provided I stay healthy and don't need a massive trim
-start using the occasional coney condish on my ends to help with tangles.
-Continue benign neglect/CO

Soulina
October 14th, 2015, 12:43 AM
1) Reach solid waist, I am now almost waist, so should not be a problem.
2) Do not dye and waste one year of growing virgin hair
3) Wear it up as much as possible
4) Micro trims
5) Do more S&D
6) Take (and post:cool:) more pictures of the progress.

Mirabele
October 14th, 2015, 02:01 AM
hello, i am new here, mostly reading and admiring your wonderful hair photos :)
my hair goal nr 1 is to get my hair at BSL length. i have never had longer than APL. i am stuck at APL now for a bit longer than a year now. not because my hair doesn't grow, it does; not because i trim, i almost don't; but because i loose so much because of the breakage.
2. i want healthy as possible hair. my virgin hair seems to be in a good state, but my bleached hair is very thin and weak and dry.
3. want to gain more volume. i see that i loose a lot of volume below my shoulders due tue breakage. i have stopped using blow dryer, stopped bleaching and highlighting. i oil a lot and hope this will help too.
4. want more shine
5. stretch washes. i now wash every second day. i want to strech a bit to start with, like to wash every third day and see how it goes.
6. want to try and use daily more different hairstyles. my hair is thin now and my braid doesn't look very good. i used to wear ponytail all the time. this is so boring and besides i can see damage due to hair elastic. i have stopped ponytailing and wear my hair in buns but i want to try more styles.
7. i want to learn to love my hair even more. i just now starting to accept my hair the way it is and want to love it more and care better than i did all those years.

Arete
November 22nd, 2015, 10:13 PM
1. Reach classic by next christmas. Only 4" to go, so I think it's very reasonable when I generally grow at least 6" in a year.

2. Add deep conditioning to my regimen. I tried an SMT and it was great! Why have I never done it before!

3. Trim 1/4 of my monthly growth until my bottom two inches are gone. This will get rid of my racers and the taper I don't like and bring the longest/shortest gap from 10 to 8" I should still reach classic even with doing this

4. Wear more updos. My ends need babying, so I've been doing this already

TheAmberWing
November 23rd, 2015, 08:18 AM
1. avoid trims where possible until BSL
2. reach solid BSL
3. then have a trim to refresh my ends
4. wear my hair up more often
5. learn more updos
6. try to stop using heat tools

AsphodelJones
November 23rd, 2015, 11:52 AM
As soon as the shortest layer, which is right around my chin, is long enough to stay in my braid by itself, I will stop using hairspray to keep the top of my head neat (no, seriously this time). As for the rest, I should be at BSL right around January 1. My goal for 2016 is to baby my ends and just let it grow.

adrenaline
November 23rd, 2015, 12:24 PM
Interesting hair goals everyone! Hope you´ll reach them all next year :cheer:

My goals are:
1. reaching hip length
2. trying out a high-quality curling iron - and learn how to protect the hair from heat damages
3. same with flatiron! My plans sound worse than they are - I don´t want to do it very often, only sometimes ... I think very straight hair and also iron-made curls look so lovely and beautiful :inlove: but because these treatments cause damages one needs to be careful
4. growing out my still coloured hair (I want them entirely being virgin)
5. variety in the hairstyles I wear (at least a bit! I always only wear them down)

So I guess thats it :D And of course - but this is a every-time goal - as much shininess, healthiness, volume and so on as possible :p

Sweets
November 23rd, 2015, 12:47 PM
I'm excited for 2016. I plan to make it my best hair year ever. I'm starting out fresh, a virgin pixie - no heat, only finger brushing,

This year:

1. No scissors! I feel like I'm already past that awkward length.
2. Maintain hydration to improve hair texture.
3. Wear protective styles when long enough.
4. Track growth and take pictures that show length.
5. Continue to be conscious of health/eating.
6. NO pulling out strands with funky texture.
7. No ponies. I always had wispies growing up, and I think it was because I wore a pony tail every. single. day.

mariakatija
November 23rd, 2015, 05:08 PM
I love these kinds of things! Here are my hair goals for 2016:

1. Reach TBL. Since Classic is about 45 inches and BCL 35 inches, I'll call TBL at 40 inches. I'm at 33.5 now, which will put me at 40 at the end of 2016.

2. No heat. No straightening, no blow drying. There is no need for me to use any heat. Even if I do have to go to fancy event, nothing is wrong with my hair naturally. I may give my straightener to my friend so that I am not tempted. I never blow dry my hair anyway.

3. No trims. I thought that I would trim about 1/2 an inch in 2016, but I figured I'll just do more S&D sessions if I feel that my ends are split.

4. Wear hair up. My hair just tangles way too much (it always has) and now it's long enough to get very annoying - caught in zippers, bra straps, etc. And I've finally found an updo that works for me: a braided bun! I gather my hair into a pony tail and secure it with a "safe" elastic very loosely. Then I braid my hair and wrap it around the elastic and secure it with bobby pins. It looks so pretty and it's so simple and quick to do. It doesn't hurt either and it is very secure. Now winter is approaching and it is simply impractical to have my hair down when I have to get all bundled up and the wind is blowing and snow/rain is falling. I've had my hair up constantly for about a week now in this style and I feel wonderful.

5. Find where my mom put my satin pillowcases and start using them again. LOL

6. Stretch washes. I'm up to every 3 days now but I used to CO wash only once a week. I think I stopped because I thought my dandruff wasn't going away but I think it was dry scalp flakes because they were so tiny and my hair wasn't oily. Less washing = less handling, less breakage, less money spent, happier hair and scalp.

7. And lastly, I want to measure less. I've been pretty good about it but I want to measure only twice a year. Once on Christmas and once on June 2, my birthday - about 6 months apart. Measuring too often just gets me too obsessed with my hair. I have other things in life I need to do besides obsess over my hair for no good reason. It won't make it grow faster. (And plus when I do measure, it will be very rewarding! :) )

Happy growing!

MsPharaohMoan
November 23rd, 2015, 09:57 PM
Last year I took pics every month because I'd just started growing and was excited to learn how fast my hair grows. This year I was lazy and didn't take length shots. I'll get a length shot in by the end of this year, trim, do another length shot, then take a length shot either every month, every 3, or every 4 (I haven't decided) while I micro-trim on my way from BCL to TBL. If and when I hit TBL I will maintain until the end of the year. This is to get rid of damage and thicken up the end of my braid. Woo, happy to have finally nailed down a plan for next year as I'd been in limbo about it for a while.

HappyHair87
November 23rd, 2015, 10:46 PM
My goal is to:

1.Reach Hip Length by March or April

2. Get healthy ends and start evening my length up more by trimming off one inch every 2-3 months. I really need to deal with a few fairy knots.

3. Reach BCL by the end of 2016.

4. Buy new trimming shears.

5. Try sticking with about 2 to 3 product lines. More natural products.

6. Stick to my regimen of frequent co washings and weekly deep conditionings. :)

Ingrid
November 24th, 2015, 12:44 AM
My goals for next year:

1. Monthly micro-trimming the hem to get rid of dye damage;
2. No scissors apart from the monthly micro-trimming;
3. Blunt hemline;
4. Growing out all the layers;
5. Get better at braiding;
6. Go easy on acquiring new hair toys;
7. Keep up the gelatin treatments and coconut oil.

Hypothesis
November 24th, 2015, 02:03 AM
I have two goals. Finally reach BSL and Only trim twice.

yvsa
November 24th, 2015, 03:31 AM
I have only one goal. Finally gain actual hairlength. I've been a member for a few years and i'm still neck length. That is because i'm a trim-aholic. I'm always concerned that my hair is oddly shaped and then trim again. This way i'm not alowing my hair to grow out of an akward stage. My last trim was in september. I'm thinking about taking a big challenge and join the no trimming 2016 thread. But i'm scared, haha:p

bunneh.
November 24th, 2015, 04:21 AM
I have quite a few goals I want to accomplish in 2016:

1. No trims (except for bangs); S&D weekly.
2. Reach TBL.
3. Buy and use satin pillowcases all the time.
4. Make at least 3 hairsticks.
5. Wear hair up in a protective hairstyle at least 100 days.
6. Wear protective hairstyles at least 200 nights.
7. Finally learn to french braid properly.

Nique1202
November 24th, 2015, 04:21 AM
A month before the beginning of 2016 and I have to change my goals already. But, it doesn't really count if it's not 2016 yet, right? I edited my first post in this thread so that when I go searching at the end of 2016 I don't get confused. Current goals are:

1) Figure out what's making my hair fall out and not come back, and if it's unrelated figure out why my hair is only growing half as fast as it was before. Obviously, I want to fix these problems if at all possible.

2) Get my fringe down to chin length, cut the very front 1/3 of it back to my eyebrows, and let the rest grow out as a sort of layer. I need something left in the front to frame my face to make it look the way I like it to, but I have WAY too much hair in my fringe right now, especially since the rest of my hair has thinned out so much.

3) Baby the heck out of my nape hair since it's soooo tangle-prone these days. Mostly it just needs extra oiling but the ideal outcome of this is "not having to get an undercut" basically.

Obsidian
November 24th, 2015, 04:31 AM
Mine is to simply not cut it all off next summer. Once it gets really hot, I have a tendency to get a pixie that I end up hating. I've sworn the pixie I got this year was to be my last.

AmberJewel
November 24th, 2015, 09:11 AM
(Fingers crossed and praying for Tailbone by the end of THIS year... about half an inch left.)
In 2016 I'll be shooting for classic!
And increasing S&D to keep the split count down.
The never-ending "learn more hairstyles for everyday use" goal.

Andrasta
November 24th, 2015, 09:28 AM
My hair goals for 2016 are to continue oiling every night and to keep up with self trimming to thicken up and even out my ends. Also I'm attempting to grow out years of black boxed dye, I'll be touching up my roots with a semi black dye to avoid the drastic two toned hair until I can rock a reverse ombre look...hopefully

Kiiruna
November 24th, 2015, 02:31 PM
My goals are getting to BSL and not dyeing one single time, even with direct dyes.

Dragonwings
November 24th, 2015, 03:03 PM
Aiming for hip length by the end of 2016. Hoping that it'll actually happen.

veryhairyfairy
November 24th, 2015, 03:55 PM
1. Grow to classic
2. Continue to microtrim and remove damage/taper
3. Become more adept at wearing hair down (I remember when I used to make goals of wearing hair up! :lol: )

irodaryne
November 24th, 2015, 05:00 PM
My hair goals for 2016 are:

1. Invest in a good pair of hair sheers (eventually I'll get my lazy butt to Sally's) for S&D
2. No trimming
3. Reach APL (maybe even BSL or further! I can go from pixie to somewhat above APL in a year and my hair is hovering just a bit above shoulder right now) by the end of December
4. Stretch washes to once every four days, maybe once every five. Once it gets long enough to keep it all back in a braid this will be easier, since I can just braid it on those last couple of days
5. Remember to regularly use my BBB
6. As it gets longer (and long enough to really do stuff with), start doing protective hairstyles with it. For a while that'll probably just be braids, but eventually I'll be able to do buns.
7. Invest in satin and silk pillowcases OR a silk or satin sleep cap.

SexyWitch
November 24th, 2015, 05:33 PM
My hair goals are:

1) Learn more hairstyles
2) Only microtrims and s&d
3) Tailbone length
4) Rebuild my hairtoy collection
5)Deep condition once a week
6)Control the frizz better

moontree
November 24th, 2015, 07:24 PM
Mine are...

1. WAIST!!! for the first time in my whole life
2. Learn fun new styles of braids and buns to do as I get there
3. Microtrim the damaged ends off without putting too big a dent in my quest for waist

Mufasa
November 24th, 2015, 07:53 PM
1) Grow out bangs
2) SMT once a week
3) Waist length
4) Stretch washes to once per week
5) Learn more protective hairstyles
6) Start an LHC hair-toy collection :cool:

VisionOne
November 25th, 2015, 02:22 AM
Since 2016 is closing in I am thinking about my own hairgoals. My everyday life will change quite drastically since I will be graduating from the swedish equivalent of high school in june and hopefully start working full time with dressage horses.
My 2016 hairgoals are:
1) Grow to hip/BCL (everything beyond BSL is new territory for me - so exciting)
2) Microtrim to get at fuller hemline and get rid off the last of my old layers and damaged ends
3) Wear my hair up more
4) Improve my braiding-skills
5) Buy my first hairstick/hairfork
6) Figure out a hairstyle that holds up for a full day in the stable and is comfortable under a riding helmet.

Sorry for any spelling errors, I'm on my phone

Idreamlong
November 25th, 2015, 04:47 AM
Since 2016 is closing in I am thinking about my own hairgoals. My everyday life will change quite drastically since I will be graduating from the swedish equivalent of high school in june and hopefully start working full time with dressage horses.
My 2016 hairgoals are:
1) Grow to hip/BCL (everything beyond BSL is new territory for me - so exciting)
2) Microtrim to get at fuller hemline and get rid off the last of my old layers and damaged ends
3) Wear my hair up more
4) Improve my braiding-skills
5) Buy my first hairstick/hairfork
6) Figure out a hairstyle that holds up for a full day in the stable and is comfortable under a riding helmet.

Sorry for any spelling errors, I'm on my phone

Hey VisionOne :waves: I do dressage too! Nice to see another dressagey person on the LHC Forum! :)

battles
November 25th, 2015, 06:52 AM
Grow the pixie out with minimal mullet. Hopefully get to a bob.

..and start using conditioner again.

Arete
November 26th, 2015, 02:06 PM
Hey VisionOne :waves: I do dressage too! Nice to see another dressagey person on the LHC Forum! :)

Also dressagey person here! *waves*

Rhodugune
November 26th, 2015, 02:50 PM
My main goal is to hopefully reach classic again.

To do that I will try to get away with doing S&D regular, with hopefully a fewer trims needed as a result.
I will also try and baby my ends as much as possible, wear my hair up as often as I can with my sensitive scalp and make sure they get the moisture they seem to need, with regular moisture treatments.
I hope to also learn more hairstyles and hope to get more different hairtoys and accessories to be able to.

Idreamlong
November 27th, 2015, 03:01 PM
Also dressagey person here! *waves*

Ah, lovely! What level do you ride at? Do you have your own horse?

Arete
November 27th, 2015, 03:22 PM
Ah, lovely! What level do you ride at? Do you have your own horse?
I'm selling my TB mare who I wanted to take to 4th as I'm sick right now, and not up for riding a hot young thing. When I was showing last, I took my percheron/morgan/paint pony who was a conformation wreck with the grace of a dinosaur to 1st. I think I'm proudest of that achievement as so many people (but my trainer who firmly believes you can take most any horse to 2nd) told me she couldn't do dressage at all. We were schooling 2nd and I think in another year could have competed if she didn't get arthritis. I lease her to a therapy program now where she gets doted on by kids all day.
I'm hoping to feel well enough to lease and compete this show season.

mbella77
November 27th, 2015, 03:33 PM
I so miss my waist length hair. I don't know if I can let it go that long but looking forward to it past my shoulders again.

Bunnehlvr22
November 27th, 2015, 07:42 PM
(1) Waist (I'm half an inch from BSL now and hopefully will get to at least waist next year)
(2) S&D
(3) Gain some updo skills
(4) Wear hair up or in a snood everyday (ridiculous, probably. But if I don't set this goal I'll leave it down and it will continue to get snagged on stuff and I'll be lazy about learning styles)

ElisabethS
November 28th, 2015, 10:15 AM
growing it from chin length bob to collarbone by end of june and then hopefully on to mid-back if i can stand the hair creeping up and around my neck.

papayatree
November 28th, 2015, 08:57 PM
Here are my goals for 2016

1. Get a haircut before Jan. 1, (so I can get NASCAR tickets!)
2. Grow hair until April(Longest I have been between cuts is 9 weeks)
3. Get a trim (april/may) to clean up style.
4. Be able to have a 5 inch ponytail by July 4th.
5. Be able to do a sock bun before August 20th (Marching Band)
6. On December 31st 2016, measure at least 8 inches!
Lofty Expectations, hopefully, I can meet them!

Waffle
November 28th, 2015, 09:14 PM
I plan on donating my hair December 31st and seeing how long my hair will grow in a year because I never did that.

julee
November 29th, 2015, 01:37 AM
Maybe I should make some more goals, even though I didn't do any of last years! I tend to forget about my hair cause I'm so focused on all the hair toy threads.

1) Try to use leave in conditioner more.
2) Stick with CO
3) Not trim too much, I basically cut off all growth this year
4) Attempt to reach TBL, take #2

And of course the most important, which I think is the key to healthy hair

5) Keep living the best life I can!

kittenface
November 29th, 2015, 03:49 AM
Had a look at my post in the hair goals for 2015 thread - I reached my length goal months ago actually, but failed pretty miserably in learning new updos which I really wanted to do. So I've decided my goals for 2016 will be the following:
1. Hopefully TBL by December 2016, and
2. Learn a new hairstyle every month.

Idreamlong
November 29th, 2015, 04:02 AM
I'm selling my TB mare who I wanted to take to 4th as I'm sick right now, and not up for riding a hot young thing. When I was showing last, I took my percheron/morgan/paint pony who was a conformation wreck with the grace of a dinosaur to 1st. I think I'm proudest of that achievement as so many people (but my trainer who firmly believes you can take most any horse to 2nd) told me she couldn't do dressage at all. We were schooling 2nd and I think in another year could have competed if she didn't get arthritis. I lease her to a therapy program now where she gets doted on by kids all day.
I'm hoping to feel well enough to lease and compete this show season.

I'm from the UK so just had to look up the levels, wow well done! I can imagine why you were pleased to get the paint pony to 1st, though u agree with your trainer, I think every horse has the ability to get to what we would call Medium in the UK (so half pass, SI, LY) if trained correctly from the off, you don't need a big, flashy warmblood! Good luck with your TB!

LoveSnap
November 29th, 2015, 05:51 AM
My only goal is to finally reach WAIST. I've had so many setbacks that this length has taken the longest to reach. Once there I may maintain a while to cut off some ends. I'm also interested in one of those curly cuts that doesn't take your length.

Mavi
November 29th, 2015, 02:52 PM
My goal for 2016 is to wear more protective updos. I have a bicycle as my main mode of transportation and oh my goodness is it ever challenging to marry buns and helmets :(

Mavi
November 29th, 2015, 02:54 PM
My other 2016 goal is finding patience in my detangling. I'm trying to detangle right now, I think I'm a bit of a menace...

missblueeyes
November 29th, 2015, 03:37 PM
- Get to TBL
- Maintain when I'm there
- Wear my hair down whenever possible (95% of the time?)

RebekahE
November 29th, 2015, 04:21 PM
My goals

Wear my hair up in some sort of bun as much as possible (90% of the time?)
Don't cut any more than 1/2 an inch of at each trim
Reach classic by December 2016 (in the realm of possibility)
Learn to 5 strand dutch braid
But most of all maintain the healthiness of my hair.

silvurgrin
November 30th, 2015, 01:16 AM
Hair Goals 2016

1. BCL by Christmas
2. Continue microtrimming monthly, but actually do it monthly. Not just whenever I remember.
3. Continue growing out my nape hairs. Achieve this by braiding up the back of my head and putting my hair up in a top bun at night, every night.
4. Baby my hair even more. I've been getting a lot of breakage and splits lately, figure out why and correct this.
5. Learn some new buns and braids. Master the waterfall braid. Find a new easy updo for every day that isn't the LWB.
6. Get this gd sd under control. ffs.

Katrin
November 30th, 2015, 11:07 AM
Let's see...

1. Reach shoulder length (shortest parts are at ear now, longest almost at chin).
2. Start braiding.

By the way, I found this info about estimated growing times: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/7a/f7/e0/7af7e0f487a129ab1d7ac5dee6c858fa.jpg
I wonder how accurate it would prove for me :D

lithostoic
November 30th, 2015, 12:33 PM
-Have my hair get even in length
-No bleach or dye except MAYBE vegetable based temporary dyes
-Thicker, less damaged ends

astrid92
December 3rd, 2015, 12:43 PM
- to get to around tail bone length by dec.
- to not trim my hair for the year
- to get rid of all of my shampoos and conditioners that are not free of sulfates and cones

nalgena
December 3rd, 2015, 02:53 PM
1. Cut off some of the damaged/dyed ends and see how it is. If the rest of the dyed ends are gonna look healthy I'm gonna leave them, if they still look dry I'll cut them off
2. Not give up on my hair. Sometimes I still feel like I wanna chop it off.
3. Try using cinnamon, honey&olive oil to lighten hair a bit
4. Master some new every day hair styles
5. Continue stretching washes until I can wash hair once a week

brickworld13
December 3rd, 2015, 03:38 PM
1) Learn and master a new style every month. Braid or bun. Maybe both.
2) Resist the temptation to cover up my ever multiplying crop of silvers.
3) Have a meet with somebody about hair.
4) By the end of the year, even if I trim in the summer, I will probably be approaching fingertip. Length isn't really that important to me tho. It's just amusing.
5) Wear weather appropriate hair toys. No unsealed woods or horn/bone in the wet if I really want to keep them around.
6) Redesign the sleeping bonnet. Mine isn't working for me. I keep pulling it off in my sleep and it leaves marks on my face.
7) :gobblecheese:

Circe Invidiosa
December 3rd, 2015, 04:55 PM
I'm usually not one for "New Year solutions", but when it comes to hair I have a few goals;)
1) I'm at waist now, so I hope to reach at least between tailbone and classic.
2) Maintain my low/no poo regime, but incorporating more hair treatments, such as cassia, castor oil, and experimenting with natural rinses, such as camomile and rosemary.
3) Learn how to properly S&D/dust to replace my annual mictotrim.
4) Finally master French and Dutch braiding, and learn more hairstick dos, which brings me to point 5...
5) Invest in some nice hairsticks, when there's financial space (I guess no sticks for me for a while;-))

Elfa
December 3rd, 2015, 05:04 PM
- to get rid of my very damaged and thin ends SLOWLY, without cutting it all at once
- to gain a bit of length while doing that
- to buy a new product only if I'm running out of it. I'm a hair products collector :D
- to learn updos and wear them 90% of the time

cat11
December 5th, 2015, 12:29 PM
My only goal is to finally reach WAIST. I've had so many setbacks that this length has taken the longest to reach. Once there I may maintain a while to cut off some ends. I'm also interested in one of those curly cuts that doesn't take your length.

OT but I love your hair it is so pretty and nicely textured, and the texture helps give it so much body.

I think it's late enough in the year to declare my hair goals. The only thing I think ~might~ change from last year is if I get a Ficcare for Christmas. *crosses fingers*

Last Year:

-waist length
-straighter hem (mine is supposed to be straight but it doesn't look like it...)
-new hair oils
-new hair stick order from EAD Have a couple new eads but they were swap purchases. Haven't made "the" order...
-try a ficcare
-continue with semi-annual trims
-get hair scissors to do my own trims

This Year:

Length & Shape
1. Reach hip
2. Reach tailbone
3. Microtrim 1/2 inch every quarter myself
4. Straighter hem

Routine
5. Go back to consistently using oil and leave in on my ends
6. Start doing protein treatment every month instead of just whenever
7. Detangle hair once every day no exceptions
8. Make or buy a HG detangler

Styling
9. Learn French Braiding
10. Be able to do two loop buns
11. Start varying bun placement more

Hair Toy Acquisitions
12. Ead order
13. Try a ficcare
14. Kanzashi combs
15. Bronzesmith order
16. Antleradornments order

I think I'll go through and green highlight each of these through the year when one is made.. I'll save red highlighting for the end, when it's apparent it's not gonna happen. The ones that are based on doing a certain thing in a timely manner or consistently I'll wait until the end of the year to evaluate whether or not I followed through.

spidermom
December 5th, 2015, 12:32 PM
grow grow grow grow grow grow

ShDiHa
December 5th, 2015, 12:37 PM
Grow, of course! And try to wear hair up more!

Johannah
December 7th, 2015, 07:48 AM
Maintain maintain maintain maintain...

JustPam
December 7th, 2015, 10:03 AM
Maintaining somewhere between waist and hip, trimming out the remaining bleached ends. That is all :)

Vallena
December 7th, 2015, 12:49 PM
grow grow grow grow grow grow

Hey, that sounds about right. (:

mermaid lullaby
December 7th, 2015, 02:33 PM
I don't have any hair goals :O

My goal was to reach tailbone by Christmas 2015, and I did just that.

Kwantslonghair
December 7th, 2015, 04:08 PM
Get a trim in January to thicken ends and get rid of taper and go on growing. The way it grows I could be tailbone by summer

TR
December 7th, 2015, 06:50 PM
Grow out my pixie with no trims except bangs/fringe. Yep, I'm going to grit my teeth and suffer through the mullet to get to ponytail length as soon as possible, and after that just put it up every day to hide the awkward bits.

RMD_LongHair
December 7th, 2015, 07:52 PM
1. Solid Mid Thigh Length hair
2. Stay away from dying my hair.
3. Learn more buns such as a sock bun. I love the look of a huge giant bun sitting on my head.
4. Try to only wash my hair once a week.

dreamingstar
December 7th, 2015, 10:15 PM
I'm within 3 inches of tailbone length! :cheer: (I found out today, so I'm still excited - sorry.) My goal for 2016 is to make it to tailbone length, then maintain till the end of the year to thicken the ends. I have a U shaped hem, and I'm hoping to grow it out so its a bit more blunt. I would like to reach classic, but that of course won't happen til 2017 or later. :knit: Gotta keep growing

poli
December 8th, 2015, 04:43 AM
I got a new goal - my hair begin to wave below colarbone so my goal for 2016 is to grow my shortest layer so it starts to show this wave (it is above shoulder right now) :)

hufflepug
December 8th, 2015, 07:51 AM
My 2016 goals:
- Grow out my natural color. I'm going to dye it once more before the end of December to get it closer to my natural shade, then hands off.
- Get a trim quarterly.
- Limit flat iron use to once a month at most
- Get some length... right now it's about chin length curly and nearly shoulder length straightened. I think with limited trims I can probably get to around collarbone length curly.

sarah.j.xx
December 8th, 2015, 01:58 PM
My 2016 Hair Goals:
1. Try to limit S&Ding to only once a month (lately I've been S&Ding every night and it has become an obsession) :bigeyes:
2. Find ways to restore and love my natural curl pattern
3. More moisture!
4. Reach tailbone length by Christmas 2016 (I'm only about 4-5 inches away!) :cheer:

arima
December 8th, 2015, 02:58 PM
Goals for 2016:
- To reach shoulder-length (at least)
- To not stop hennaing, I want to see what it'll look like long!
- To get a regular work-out routine! healthy me=healthy hair.

Zindell
December 12th, 2015, 11:55 PM
My hair goal of 2016:
Maintain the length with small trims and let my outgrowing bangs catch up so I get all one length hair.

My hair is somewhere between APL and BSL and my bangs are brushing my shoulders as of december 2015.
When my hair is all one length I will let it grow a bit longer. I think MBL hair will suit me the best. :inlove:

Shia
December 13th, 2015, 12:04 AM
My goal for 2016 is:

1. Microtrim every second month.
2. Continue growing out bleach.
3. Reach waist. (I'm at BSL now, so I may be a bit ambitious with the trimming I have planned, but I can dream!!)

Mimha
December 13th, 2015, 10:39 AM
OK : Have a little trim by the end of 2015 to start afresh on the 1st of January, and then just go ahead with my less-is-more philosophy^^

Well, nothing so exciting actually, except the perspective of gaining length. :laugh: But considering the good condition of my hair, I see no reason to change anything. For me, the less I handle it, the best my hair feels. I don't BBBrush anymore (discovered that my air is actually finer than I thought), hardly ever condition, never ever apply DT or whatever stuff that requires my hair to be extra-shampooed afterwards. I mainly work at growing healthy hair "from inside" and will continue to do so until I'm fed up of my length, lol. :popcorn:

Concerning hair fun, my goal is to learn new styles and improve my braiding and bunning skills, play with my hairtoys and enjoy my length as much as possible ! :)

Yarrow
December 13th, 2015, 12:09 PM

Keeping my hands off my hair ( like not fiddling with my hair/ my hands touching my scalp when i am sitting down, nervously thinking about something, or just absent minded in general.) not a good habit, that stop

not messing so much with my hair in general. ( bunning it, taking it down, rebunning, taking it down, repeat endlessy, no no no)

not using hair ties anymore ( or atleast limiting the use of hairties to times where they are absoluty necessary.)

length wise, I really dont care, I'm very comfortable with my current length, though I wouldn't complain about gaining any. So open ended, I guess.

StellaKatherine
December 14th, 2015, 08:14 AM

Hmm... I really want a thicker hemline, so I guess I shall be making some sorts of trimming.

Do more of S&D, at least once a month.

I would like to get to finger tip length. But that is again will depend on how trimming the hemline will affect the overall growing. So I might not get to the length by the end of the 2016.

New hairstyles! Year 2015 has been boring when looking at the hairstyles I have worn. Really boring. I need to go back to at least 1 new hairstyle learning per month. Weekly would be even better, but at least monthly would be already amazing.

Wear a coronet braid times times, as that style is why I originally wanted my hair long.

And simply try to learn to enjoy my hair as I rarely do nowadays :)

samanthaa
December 14th, 2015, 10:41 AM
My goal is to reach hip length by this time next year. I have six inches to go, and although I've never kept track of my monthly growth, if I fall into the standard 1/2" per month, I should be able to get there in a year.

Hopefully I'll be able to trim less if I oil, (deep) condition, and wear protective hairstyles on a regular basis. I also want to expand my repertoire of buns. Right now it's limited to a knot, a sock bun, and a Jamie Leigh bun.

Accalia
December 14th, 2015, 03:56 PM
I would love to reach classic but at least back to tbl... I am planning to trim less or maybe not at all for a year. Also looking for a natural herbal/ayurvedic hair care routine.

Stars
December 15th, 2015, 07:28 AM
My goals for 2016:

1) No trims or S&D until at least Spring 2017 (joined the no trimming club for 2016). Haven't seen any splits lately. Last trim was June 2015. Considering joining the no-trim club for the next 2 years.

2) No permanent hair color. Last application was May 2015.

3) Length goal is to be about 4 inches shy of classic length by December 31, 2016. I need 9 inches to be full classic, so that's about 18 months from now.

4) Washes will be every 7-14 days until late spring when it begins to get hot and humid here. Will try to do a warm oil treatment every 2-3 weeks. I'm a minimalist when it comes to hair care, and I plan to keep it that way.

5) No stylists, no salons, no heat except maybe special occasions.

6) Henna maybe every 2 months...or some other Ayurvedic hair pack/hair mask.

Goatcraft
December 15th, 2015, 11:11 AM
Congrats on the pregnancy!

As for my goal.. My goal is to teach CL, which I should be able to reach if I don't trim. So not trimming 2016 as well. I'd also like to start wearing my natural hair out more. But I don't know if that last one is realistic Lol.

Ve
December 15th, 2015, 12:35 PM
Joining the 2016 Goal Forum: I am at APL 25 inches

1) BIG BENIGN NEGLECT!!! No measuring (see where it is in Dec 2016), no touching or playing with hair unnecessarily (bad habit for my delicate hair)
2) Wear hair up at least 5 or more a week
3) No trimming (except microtrim Jan 21/22/23 (one of those days) Moon in Leo for length growth), joined no trimming club

Ve
December 15th, 2015, 12:45 PM
[QUOTE=Yarrow;3136085]My hair goals for 2016 are:

Keeping my hands off my hair ( like not fiddling with my hair/ my hands touching my scalp when i am sitting down, nervously thinking about something, or just absent minded in general.) not a good habit, that stop

not messing so much with my hair in general. ( bunning it, taking it down, rebunning, taking it down, repeat endlessy, no no no)

Yarrow - I just read this after posting mine and I see we are on the same boat. I too have a bad habit of fiddling with my hair (well it's so soft geez) but it is one I plan on breaking and I am finding putting up my hair with lots of pins or braids so it is hard to take down has been working.

So I have lots of support for you.

Elfa
December 15th, 2015, 01:06 PM
I have just too many hair goals to fit in just an year hahah
I have about 8cm of very bad damage to grow out and cut, then a piece with bleach to grow out (but that I'm not in hurry to cut, as it is pretty healthy), "layers" that bleach gave me to even out, and the length should go from BSL to TBL, while all this is going on. I would call it hair goals for 2018, minimum hahahah

But for 2016, I plan to make trimmings every month to slowly get rid of the very damaged part, and I expect to still have some extra length by the end of the year. And anyway, it can just get better, as it grows, and no more damage happens :p
Also, no more blow drying, heat styling just for any special occasion, wearing it up most of the time to avoid playing with it and breaking it on white dots, maintaining the low poo routine, and also I will do my best to not dye or bleach any part of it ~color freak~

irodaryne
December 15th, 2015, 02:07 PM
Joining the 2016 Goal Forum: I am at APL 25 inches

1) BIG BENIGN NEGLECT!!! No measuring (see where it is in Dec 2016), no touching or playing with hair unnecessarily (bad habit for my delicate hair)
2) Wear hair up at least 5 or more a week
3) No trimming (except microtrim Jan 21/22/23 (one of those days) Moon in Leo for length growth), joined no trimming club

[QUOTE=Yarrow;3136085]My hair goals for 2016 are:

Yarrow - I just read this after posting mine and I see we are on the same boat. I too have a bad habit of fiddling with my hair (well it's so soft geez) but it is one I plan on breaking and I am finding putting up my hair with lots of pins or braids so it is hard to take down has been working.

So I have lots of support for you.

I think I may need to add benign neglect to my 2016 hair goals. I have a bad habit of fiddling with it or rubbing at my scalp, so I need to really... stop.

Part of that should be solved once I can get my hair into a french braid. I'll be more likely to avoid messing with my hair if it's up in a braid because I wont want to mess up the braid and have to redo my hair.

Snowlily
December 15th, 2015, 02:22 PM
My goals for 2016 are simple...

avoid the hairdresser
avoid hairbrush (wide tooth comb ok)
avoid fiddling with hair
avoid the tape measure

Looking forward to seeing what a year of benign neglect and a bit of TLC can do to my hair length goals!

Techmouse
December 15th, 2015, 06:21 PM
Reach or pass hip length.
Stop needing monthly trims by taking better care of my hair. To do this I will commit to WCC and LOC as those work the best for my hair.
Find some different buns besides the nautilus.
Stop buying sulphate shampoos. No matter how much cheaper they are. Only sulphate free shampoos from now on.

CatsAndCoffee
December 15th, 2015, 07:17 PM
* Length wise, I'd love to be at BSL, but I'm not sure if that's unrealistic
* Trims only every 4 months, and only if really needed
* Stop reaching for box dyes and impulse dying ... Keep one colour for a year!
* Heat style only 2x weekly
* Therefore, learn more styles than a ponytail and a sock bun
* Take decent growth pictures after each trim (same shirt, similar lighting, same styling, etc)
* Deep condition weekly (no more saying "I'll do it tomorrow" for 9 days then realizing my hair feels awful)
* Be more active on this forum

Whew ... Here's hoping I can stick to it.

ExpectoPatronum
December 15th, 2015, 07:27 PM
I'd like to reach waist again. I was there for a couple weeks, but then I got my hair cut. Next time, I want to maintain a little longer.

gregh
December 15th, 2015, 07:30 PM
1: Enjoy having long hair. (Can't fail)
2: 12 months of growing minus one trim at some point.
3: I'll say wear 1 new style for a day by the end of the year. Should be easy logistically since right now it is ponytail or loose, but getting the desire to actually branch out and then the requisite guts to follow through might take a year.

Freija
December 15th, 2015, 08:32 PM
Stop fiddling/brushing/breaking hairs because I am clumsy. Go slowly and have patience when detangling!

In fact, make that hands off generally, unless absolutely necessary. Good conditioning, leave-in Panacea and oils, sulphates for my scalp and benign neglect are what my hair needs.

Learn some more, gentle buns and vary the placement and toys used.

Get better and stronger on the inside so that my shed stops and my hair thickens up again.

Grow on to hip with a couple of trims for the hemline. Solid TBL in 2017!

Bergelmir
December 15th, 2015, 08:53 PM
Just maintaining hair health without any trim and i would be excided in term the longest of them are able to reach my bellybutton (guess it's a bit below waist) by end of year (2016). Should be possible but takes around 20 cm. Hopefully sideburn can keep up a bit (10-15 cm) as it's more curly when not straightened.

Verdandi
December 16th, 2015, 07:25 AM
- Go full BCL, cause now I just grow it there, trim 0,5" and repeat to catch up with old layers and damage over and over again.

- Enjoy my hair more. Lately it's been mostly a chore.

- Not to buy any hair toys. I have plenty.

Greenfire
December 19th, 2015, 04:03 PM
- Grow my hair to waist length
- not trim
- learn some new updos
- really really really remember to put hair in a protective style at night (this one is a new year's resolution for sure)

floralgem
December 19th, 2015, 11:34 PM
Finish growing out the dip dye and get it long enough so when I finally trim it the jump is not that big. Also hopefully make it to hip.

Mammasaurusrex
December 24th, 2015, 08:32 PM
I decided my ultimate goal is to reach apl. I am not confident that it will happen but I am hoping that it will. Other than that my goals are to keep up what I have been doing and doing so consistently :)

AutobotsAttack
December 24th, 2015, 09:11 PM
* continue with my regimen
* reach Waist length or longer
* have some really good buns mastered
* maybe get a couple of highlights (mayyyyybe lol)
* either maintain my " U" hemline, or settle for cute fairytale ends

Jo Ann
December 24th, 2015, 09:54 PM
1.) WL, here I come!

2.) Experiment with oils and try to get away from serums. Serums have served me well--at least I have some ideas about what works with my hair, but now it's time to try the Real Deals!

3.) Work down (again) my OTHER shampoo/conditioner stash that I found under the front bathroom sink when cleaning out a hair clog... :shocked: I know! Use the conditioner to wash out the oils I'll be experimenting with on my hair! :face:

beefox
December 25th, 2015, 08:21 PM
-No heat tools.
-No hair color at all
-Keep up with vitamins and exercise routine
-Hopefully grow back a lot of hair that’s been lost from shedding
-Continue to manage stress
-Continue weekly oiling
-Ditch the dry shampoo(this is a big one)
-No more cutting bangs
-Invest in a silk pillow case
-Try to think positively about my hair
-Get as close as possible to waist length

It's funny that this list seems like a lot because so much of it is just choosing to do nothing.

LegoCaltrops
December 25th, 2015, 11:16 PM
I've had to adjust my goals somewhat, since I posted in October. I've just reached SL. So here are my new goals.

- Washing as often as my hair needs it - I've got naturally oily hair, & I realised CO doesn't work for my scalp, although my hair liked it. I will probably try CWC once I have enough length.
- Not be sucked into buying cheap hair products that promise miracles. Research everything prior to purchase. I will probably start using cones on my length, in the form of a light oil based serum.
- I will get a hair fork & some sticks when I have enough hair to use them. And stop using the damaging ponytail bands ASAP.
- keep up with the head massage 7 days per month (it works!) & moisture treatments on the length only, as my hair is really fragile & needs it.
- Buy or make a hat that will accommodate a bun for winter 2016. I am not a fan of the hairdryer & I have a bit of a walk to work.
- Buy, and use, one of those scary looking dermal rollers for my scalp. I've had a massive amount of shedding & thinning over the past several years due to medication. It might be permanent, but some people who've stopped taking it do get regrowth. Now I've stopped the meds (found an alternative) I'm hoping I can get at least some of my thickness back.

Mademoiselle
December 26th, 2015, 05:35 PM
2016 --> My wish list
-Only have 2 or 3 trims in 2016.
-Have WL lenght, with thick ends.
-Stop constantly touching my hair when I wear loose, it is a bad habit that makes me shed hair.
:pray::pray::pray:

Sterlyn
December 27th, 2015, 12:55 PM
Hair goals for 2016:

*Take care of my ends; On non wash days, mist/wet length/ends then moisturize with cond/oil combo to prevent breakage
*Trims ends if needed, hope to avoid by above
*Make it to BCL by the end of the year, at least stretched
*Continue to enjoy and have fun with hair in the process :p

Hali
December 27th, 2015, 12:58 PM
Hair goals for 2016:

*Find a hair care routine to stick to for more than a month

That's all :rolleyes:

school of fish
December 27th, 2015, 07:12 PM
Hmmm... since this past year I pretty much perfected my routine and just about achieved my goal length, next year is really going to be about keeping on keeping on while I wait for layers to travel down to the hem. Still, I'm sure I can come up with a few goals for 2016...

- Add regular S&D into the routine. Some tangling issues arose a few weeks ago and I noticed a fair number of splits within the length that my microtrims don't catch - a couple of S&D sessions took care of the tangling. Pretty sure it's old damage from razor-layers showing up, so I'm guessing monthly S&D will help keep that damage in check as it grows out.

- Make/acquire some more hair toys. I have a woefully short supply of hair toys and although I prefer to wear my hair down most of the time, I suspect that a collection of sexy hair toys might inspire me to wear it up a bit more often :)

- Put some pics up! Because everyone likes hair pics, right? ;)

stelz
December 27th, 2015, 07:28 PM
I have the length I want. I'm happy with my shampoos, conditioners, and oil. 2016 goals are just to maintain that, and continue growing out the color treated part.

chantecler
December 27th, 2015, 08:36 PM
this year I removed loaaaaads of layers and damaged bits, so next year I mostly want to:

-achieve solid waist lenght when wavy, and then maybe hip when wet

-trim 2-3 inches that are left of layers and old damage, but NOT MORE

-find some way to stay on top of my wintery dandruff, so finding an optimal rythm of washing and continuing to oil my scalp before every wash

-have fun! ;)

RavenRose
December 27th, 2015, 09:00 PM
So I am modifying my goals for 2016 from my original post. I didn't realize how much dry winter air would mess with the bleached/permed ends.

Now that I have cut the perm out and am back to 1" above APL, my goal is to by at BSL by the end of the year.
I want to keep it up more often which is difficult at this length since it slides out of everything!
I want to remember to moisturize and seal the ends daily!
Learn more styles!
Do more scalp massages!

Komao
December 28th, 2015, 11:43 AM
I should be at classic length by the end of June 2016. I hope this will be the case. If it is, I'll be celebrating! :o

Nique1202
December 28th, 2015, 12:28 PM
One last edit to my original posted goals, the very last (I think). With my growth rate back up to normal there's no reason not to shoot for classic this year, it's well within reach and it'll make a much more comfortable base hair length to maintain at for me since BCL is becoming Definitely Not Long Enough after being here for so long.

Here goes nothing, I guess! Come on, 2016.

AJNinami
December 28th, 2015, 12:35 PM
My goals will be:
1. Not frying and dying my hair.
2. Washing only once a week.
3. Learning at least two updos.

:)

maborosi
December 28th, 2015, 08:39 PM
Either 42" at the end of the year, or a nice blunt hemline. I probably couldn't have both, though!

Silverbrumby
December 28th, 2015, 10:11 PM
Enjoy my hair.

tigress86
December 29th, 2015, 06:37 AM
1. No trimming
2. No coloring
3. Regular S&D
4. Use up my stash
5. No more obsessing over growth, damage etc.

kganihanova
December 30th, 2015, 09:10 AM
1. Get to TBL or lower
2. Find a nice good quality flat iron to style with on special occasions
3. Learn more braids

Dark40
December 30th, 2015, 12:18 PM
My goal is to reach hip length by my birthday. Which is October 14th. Hopefully, i'll reach that goal by just only co-washing 5 times a week, and deep conditioning twice a week. You'll never know!!!!

lapis_lazuli
December 30th, 2015, 12:38 PM
My goals:
no heat (as usual)
no trimming (also as usual :p)
wear hair up almost every day (and in the process, get the hang of hairsticks :lol: )
S&D when necessary
set boundaries around people touching my hair
and...
!!!reach FTL by the end of the year!!! :D

AmyBeth
December 31st, 2015, 12:16 AM
1)pick up the pace on my exercise routine, because it seems to help speed up my growth rate.
2)reach FTL.
3)learn how to post pictures like the rest of you here. Perhaps not a hair goal, strictly speaking, but it seems to be somewhat related?

SwordWomanRiona
December 31st, 2015, 07:56 AM
1. Henna'ing on January
2. Maintaining at knee to thicken-up the hemline
3. A bit more S&D
4. Cassia/quinine treatments from time to time
5. Practise braiding
6. More hair videos and film hairstyles

calmyogi
December 31st, 2015, 08:32 AM
I hope to make it to waist this year. I do have a trim scheduled in April, but I might not have the length trimmed as much as just having her continue to shape up the framing around my face from the bad cut I had about 8 months ago. I'm going to continue growing out the layers in the back. And, that's about it for me as far as hair goals this year, except, to continue growing happily and healthily.

calmyogi
December 31st, 2015, 08:37 AM
1)pick up the pace on my exercise routine, because it seems to help speed up my growth rate.
2)reach FTL.
3)learn how to post pictures like the rest of you here. Perhaps not a hair goal, strictly speaking, but it seems to be somewhat related?

I feel You on this lol. I really need to post some pics in my profile and more in the forums.

Katrina
January 1st, 2016, 07:02 AM
I hope to make it to fingertip/mid thigh by the end of this year. Not sure how realistic it will be. I am expecting my third child at the moment (due date is January 14) and there is probably going to be a huge shed later this year. If ends start to look too thin, I will just maintain my current length (classic).

b70
January 1st, 2016, 07:11 AM
I joined the no trim in 2016 challenge, that will be a first for me :)

2015 was the year I started taking proper care of my hair and I think I will continue with my current routine. And learning new styles as my hair grows and reward myself with some pretty hairtoys :)

butterfly_dream
January 1st, 2016, 07:43 AM
I hope to achieve fingertip/mid thigh this year keeping my hemline nice and thick.

Brunettebybirth
January 2nd, 2016, 12:32 PM
1. Keep up the no heat styling or products except once a month usage.
2. Continue to take the supplements (recommended by my doctor) so I can repair my hair even more.
3. Only go for a trim twice this year.
4. Treat my fine, uncolored, wavy hair like china when wet or dry.
5. Hope to end 2016 with my hair health better than when the year started.

Pinkfox
January 4th, 2016, 12:52 PM
1. No heat except for during trim in January
2. Deep condition 1x/week
3. Shampoo 1x/week, CO wash every other day
4. Wear hair up more (goal: 4 days/week)
5. Reach WL stretched, BSL curly

catysue
January 4th, 2016, 07:21 PM
1) no trims
2) be consistent with taking vitamins and supplements
3) oiling once a week
4) reach waist by the end of the year

Kome
January 6th, 2016, 12:39 AM
Goals for me....

NO BLEACHING MY ENTIRE HEAD. Roots ONLY. My hair is pink and I want to keep it that way for awhile, and when I'm ready, grow out my natural color, but NO bleaching my entire head anymore. So tempting, but I shall resist! It's nice and soft and wavy right now. :)

Less trimming this time around on growing my hair back out. So far I've done really good. I tend to cut off an inch or two at a time every few months, which keeps it healthy, but makes growing really slow. So maybe every four months, half an inch? Or 5-6 months. I'm going to see how long I can go. :)

Wear hair down more while it's cool out as putting it in a messy bun and not brushing it doesn't seem to be too good for it. I tend to loose more hair that way I am noticing.

Get to BSL by the summer which, again, means less trimming. Trying to get to BSL BEFORE I trim again, or just past it. I want to mantain BSL to thicken' it up some before going to waist length. Not sure how long I want it this time around, but somewhere between BSL and waist. It's a nice manegeable length for me. :)

Idreamlong
January 6th, 2016, 02:13 AM
Get to APL curly unstretched by May, get to BSL unstretched by Dec (from APL- BSL is only a couple of inches!) Keep up the 1-2 times a week washing, daily oiling of ends and no heat. I really need my hair to just be nice to me and do this goal :pleaseeeee:

Alex Lou
January 6th, 2016, 02:14 AM
My goals are very simple:
1) Keep growing
2) Don't do anything radical (cuts, dye)
3) Stay happy with my hair and do what I have to do to stay feeling that way (probably trims)

Daydreamer.
January 6th, 2016, 04:24 AM
1. Keep my hair as healthy as possible
2. Grow out as much as possible
3. No trimming

That's about it for me.

Irialii
January 6th, 2016, 05:23 AM
My hair goals for this year (and beyond) are as follows:

1. continue growing my hair - I eventually would like to reach classic length (which I believe is 40 inches) and while that may not be attainable this year, I would like to get as close as I can by December 31st
2. no trims for the rest of the year, unless my ends are in dire need by July 1st. This doesn't include any S&D's on random split ends
3. prevent split ends - so babying my hair, using protective styles, consistent deep treatments and avoiding damage whenever possible
4. regain elasticity in hair - I've already started to notice elasticity returning to my hair, which makes me happy
5. learn some healthier hair habits from the lovely LHC users

I think that's about it :)

Bazinga
January 6th, 2016, 08:09 AM
I finally want to stop using shampoo or anything else on my hair for washing. I want to wash with water only because I am curious how my hair will look after using this method for a couple of months. I never managed more than a week before I gave in and used shampoo or conditioner again. I have a feeling that I am going to stick to it this time though.:applause

Gaalsong
January 12th, 2016, 09:06 AM
Hello everyone,
I'm new here. I used to have classic length hair as a young girl, but have been cutting it and experimenting with different (mostly short) styles since college. I mostly left it alone for the past year or so with just a few trims, kind of thinking I'd let it get long again.

Then I found this website and also met my fiance, who has long APL hair and have decided to grow it out REALLY long again.

So this year I am going to grow it as long as I possibly can in one year. It's currently a little past BSL maybe. I'm going to wash once a week, try to find the best routine to keep it healthy (as natural as possible--maybe just egg, honey, acv, etc), no trims except for S&D. I'm also going to try to eat a very natural and nourishing diet and stay away from sugar as much as possible.

Current routine is CWC once a week, keeping hair up about 4 or 5 days a week, oiling ends if they look dry with a vitamin E oil blend, finger-combing or using a wide-tooth horn comb.

Yay!

HeartofHaleth
January 12th, 2016, 10:42 AM
Okay! Goals! I'm really new to this whole "being nice to my hair" thing, so...
1. Find a healthy washing method that works for my hair; basically anything other than my shampoo three times a week and condition every once in a while method that I've been doing.
2. Stick to the once-a-week washing schedule that I've started.
3. Work on those split ends! S&D and plenty of treatments!
4. Hopefully make it from waist to hip!
5. Brush my hair more often than just right before a shower, and use a BBB. It's healthy and just feels so nice!
6. Find some treatments to help remedy the damage from my work.
Whew! That's a lot!

curlylocks85
January 12th, 2016, 01:00 PM
My hair goals for this year are:

1. S&D only.
2. Wear my hair up more for protection and optimal growth.
3. Invest in a few hair toys.
4. Improve my overall health through healthy food and exercise.

I think these are reasonable and achievable goals.

Happy Growing!

Kake
January 12th, 2016, 01:08 PM
APL by the end of June
BSL by the end of the year
Maximise the growth/health ratio

Alien Girl
March 9th, 2016, 01:54 AM
Finally reached APL again since my trim last year -_-
So far 4 inches of healthy growth, and the rest 10-12 inches are horrible and dead from bleaching my hair white last summer lol.

My 2016 goals are:
Reach BSL sometime around fall, definitely by winter.
Avoid trimming, it's pointless at this point.
Remember to do inversion method when I can, and do a miconazole treatment eventually to get rid of the horrible itch I get.

Not sure if I will get my hair styled or not this year... it's so thick and the horrible damage on my lengths doesn't help. My hair takes 5-6 hours to dry and it's only APL. I know that layers do not really look good on me, so I may get it thinned out but I'm not sure. I've honestly never had a good salon visit and my visit 2 summers ago didn't help at all.

morrigan*
March 9th, 2016, 02:07 AM
My 2016 goals are:
- wear hair up more - like all the time and less in braids
- grow past hip, possibly tailbone
- do only s&d or at most two or three small micro trims ( like 0,5 cm only)

eila
March 9th, 2016, 04:06 AM
Since I'm a newbie, there are quite a few:

- Nothing but microtrims til my birthday in October. Will then assess whether I want to cut back to thicken my hemline or continue with microtrims.

- Learn protective styles and wear them more often, hopefully 5 days a week.

- Try my first non-Lush henna, after doing some good research. No more box dyes!

- Weekly moisture treatments and oiling my ends regularly. Have already discovered that coconut oil is not the one for me, so find something else.

- Refrain from trimming my bangs, and find ways to protect them as they grow out.

- Start taking vitamins and see if they have a noticeable effect on my painfully slow growth rate.

- If the hair spirits permit, reach TBL with a reasonably thick hemline.

Persiangirl01
March 9th, 2016, 05:05 AM
My hair goals for 2016:

Reach Waist length by the end of the year
Use the CWC method more and try my own adapted version of the LOC method when Winter hits just to keep my ends protected.
Only one more trim for me this year: Beginning of August. I'm hoping to not have to take more than 1 to 2cm off. Hopefully less.
Keep oiling my hair at least once a week, that's my deep conditioning treatment
Clarify my hair every 2 or 3 months :)

That's it for now :bow:

bilbolongtail
March 9th, 2016, 05:30 AM
I'm hoping to grow to shoulder length this year and I want to start caring for my hair more. I have started by purchasing a conditioning treatment which I'll use weekly.

fiðrildi
March 9th, 2016, 06:06 AM
Reaching TBL, microtrimming at least once during the year. Healthier ends.

Cg
March 9th, 2016, 09:45 AM
Invent some new updos.

pinutzz
March 9th, 2016, 02:19 PM
Invent some new updos.

I like this one :) I hope that sharing your inventions with this forum is also part of your plan for this year :D

Wusel
March 9th, 2016, 02:25 PM
My goals are:
1. Reaching waist for Christmas / NO TRIMS!
2. Using Pura D'Or shampoo only and still reduce shedding
3. Wearing more updos/buns with a stick
4. Buying a stick (my first one)
5. Learning to do a dutch braid (I'm the Master of french braiding but braiding under/the other way round confuses my motor skills and it looks very messy)
6. A lot of TLC for my mane to keep it SEF (Split End Free)
7. Trying other oils (Jojoba, sweet almond...)

lithostoic
March 9th, 2016, 03:47 PM
I reeeeeeaaaally want to reach waist by the end of this year. Currently between CBL and APL. My hair seems to be growing quickly but it might slow down. However I will treat it as though anything is possible c: I will baby my hair.

Pat Wright
March 10th, 2016, 12:46 PM
Mine are simple.
~Grow as much as possible
~Minimize my chemical damage

Silverbleed
March 10th, 2016, 01:10 PM
I hope to reach armpit length and hopefully my bangs at least reached shoulder length - or further.
Avoiding split ends as long as possible. And not to forget my monthly deep treatment xD