PDA

View Full Version : My two year anniversary:)

DarkChocolate
October 8th, 2008, 07:13 AM
Hello Everyone,
I joined the long hair community two years ago. My hair has taken some huge steps. I have learned alot about it too. I was a member of the no-trimming club for a while but unfortunately that doesn't work for me. I trimmed just a little bit of hair and it started to feel better and look better. My hair also seemed to stall while I wasn't trimming it. Within the two years I have started oiling my hair with jojoba and coconut oil,tried olive oil but found that it made my hair crunchy, stopped using a blowdryer, given up my wire brush for a boar bristle brush, started using no sulfate Burt's Bees shampoo and more recently started doing egg treatments once a week for the past month and also gave myself a trim.

Here are the pictures:

October 2006- when I first joined

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh302/CocoaPanther/OctoberHair-1.jpg

April 2008 - after almost two years of not trimming

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh302/CocoaPanther/DSC00963-1.jpg

August 3,2008 - finally I decided to trim off the little bit of taper

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh302/CocoaPanther/DSC01363-1.jpg

September 3,2008 - after two weeks and thus two egg treatments

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh302/CocoaPanther/DSC01458-1.jpg

October 3,2008- after six egg treatments only with the egg yolk as I have found that the white dries my hair. My hair feels like silk:)

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh302/CocoaPanther/DSC01494-1.jpg

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh302/CocoaPanther/DSC01489-1.jpg

I missed the long hairs from my taper, some of them went to my hip! I think that the trim made my hair healthier:) I have also found that wetting my hair a little before putting on the jojoba oil at night yields better results:) Straight jojoba oil makes my hair crunchy.

I haven't gained much length in two years but my hair has thickened and filled out:)

mellie
October 8th, 2008, 07:23 AM
Happy Anniversary!! Your hair is looking great! :-)

AJoifulNoise
October 8th, 2008, 07:48 AM
Happy Anniversary! Your hair so shiny! :cheese:

Arctic
October 8th, 2008, 07:52 AM
Happy anniversary! Your hair is much thicker, and do I see waves??? :eye: Nice shine too! :flower:

spidermom
October 8th, 2008, 08:21 AM
Very nice; I love the color and shine.

HairyCarrie
October 8th, 2008, 08:56 AM
Congratulations on your hair care journey. Many more years of good growth!

:applause

FrannyG
October 8th, 2008, 09:06 AM
Happy Anniversary! :happydance: My, doesn't time fly? You've made tremendous progress and your hair looks lovely. Congratulations. :blossom:

Merkaba
October 8th, 2008, 09:38 AM
Happy Anniversary! Looking good, keep going

SweetPea88
October 8th, 2008, 09:53 AM
Happy anniversary! I love the color of your hair and it looks so shiny! :D

jojo
October 8th, 2008, 10:17 AM
I can see a huge difference in your hair, it looks so shiny and healthy, well done!

Sherri
October 8th, 2008, 10:23 AM
Happy Anniversary :blossom: your hair is so pretty.

Vivien'
October 8th, 2008, 02:00 PM
A great improvement ! Congratulations !

Fireweed
October 8th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Happy anniversary and your hair is just lovely.

Isblå
October 8th, 2008, 03:17 PM
WOW! That is just incredible. You can clearly see that your hair has gotten a lot thicker and healthier. I am amazed! From your pictures I would guess that your hair will continue to thicken while you continue to take good care of it. Happy anniversary!

xrosiex
October 8th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Happy anniversary:). Your hair sure looks happier now. Its very shiney I like your color.:)

cindy58
October 8th, 2008, 03:37 PM
Happy Anniversary! How do you do the egg yolk treatment?

brok3nwings
October 8th, 2008, 03:37 PM
Congratulations!! I think your hair looks so much better then the beginning! Keep with the healthy growth

Islandgrrl
October 8th, 2008, 03:44 PM
Happy Anniversary! You've made some really great progress. Cheers! :beerchug:

Angellen
October 8th, 2008, 06:25 PM
Happy anniversary! Your hair is really looking great. It looks so shiny and soft and I love that color. ;)

Congrats on TWO years well grown! :flower:

DavidN
October 8th, 2008, 06:28 PM
Happy 2nd LHC anniversary to you, and your hair hair rotine is working very well for you!

Addy
October 8th, 2008, 08:25 PM
Happy Anniversary! :D

Your hair looks great!

birthmarkie
October 8th, 2008, 08:41 PM
Congratulations, your hair is so long and shiny! Your hemline looks great, too.

Patrycja
October 9th, 2008, 07:18 AM
Happy Anniversary :cheese: :cake: Wonderful shiny long hair too!

WritingPrincess
October 9th, 2008, 09:24 AM
Happy anniversary! Your hair looks a LOT healthier. I'm impressed.

DarkChocolate
October 9th, 2008, 10:20 AM
Happy Anniversary! How do you do the egg yolk treatment?

Hi Cindy:)
I isolate the egg yolk by cracking the egg and moving the yolk from side to side between the shells and letting the transparent(egg white) fall out. It was kind of difficult at first but I have got the hang of it.

I then put the egg yolk in a bowl and whip it with a fork. I wet my hair and squeeze the extra water out then spread the yolk all over my hair from top to bottom. I leave the yolk on for about 15 minutes then rinse with water. After that I wash my hair with my Burts Bees Sugar Beet shampoo and condition with Burts Bees Brazil Nut conditioner.

I did alot of reading about egg yolk treatments and some use the whole egg while others only use the yolk. I have tried using the whole egg but found that it dried my hair. When I use the egg yolk it makes my hair silky and soft:)

DarkChocolate
October 9th, 2008, 10:32 AM
Thank you everyone for the wonderful compliments and encouragement:)

My hair seems to take twice as long to look nice. I really need to keep up with trimming to keep the hemline even so my other hairs can catch up and it can be thicker:)

I look forward to taking picture every month from now on:) It is the truth that pictures don't lie.

Another thing that I have been doing is drinking more milk since it has vitamin D as well as calcium. I decided that I needed vitamin D to help absorb the calcium since I am moving my teeth with invisalign. For the longest time I stopped buying milk because I wasn't religious about drinking it and it would go to waste. I have been enjoying it once again:)

Another thing that probably is helping is that I am not eating as much chocolate as I used to so I have had a reduction in caffeine. I used to eat two large Charlie and the Chocolate factory size bars of dark chocolate every day. I don't eat it as much because I have the invisalign trays on my teeth most of the day and don't really want anything sitting on them too long:) Even though I do brush and floss before I put the trays back in I guess that it is better to not take in the sugar that comes with the chocolate. I do however have a treat sometimes because I could never totally give up chocolate:)

Robinlyn
October 9th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Happy Anniversary! Such great progress, your hair is looking amazing!!

TammySue
October 9th, 2008, 11:20 AM
Happy Anniversary! I have always admired your pretty hair! :)

paper
October 9th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Happy Anniversary :flowers:

Congrats on having healthy, pretty hair!

Amoretti
October 9th, 2008, 12:23 PM
Happy Anniversary!! Your hair is looking great!

DarkChocolate
October 10th, 2008, 10:43 AM
Thanks for all of the wonderful compliments everyone:)
I have read this thread religiously for the past two years and have gotten so many ideas on how to make my hair better.

I honestly think that this is one of the best online communities:)