PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Decade for Hair

DollyDagger
September 6th, 2015, 01:58 PM
1900 - present..which is your favourite and least favourite decade or era for hairstyles

Id have to say least is the '20- both hair and clothing I dont like..

Favourite-hippie hair :) late 68-72ish..?

long flowing naturally textured with flowers..lol :)

Groovy Granny
September 6th, 2015, 02:08 PM
1900 - present..which is your favourite and least favourite decade or era for hairstyles

Id have to say least is the '20- both hair and clothing I dont like..

Favourite-hippie hair :) late 68-72ish..?

long flowing naturally textured with flowers..lol :)

Ditto ~ That was MY time :flowers:

DollyDagger
September 6th, 2015, 02:12 PM
Ditto ~ That was MY time :flowers:

And it was a groovy one at that ! :) :cheer:

A close second would maybe be that 50's pinup look..with the long hair with stuctured waves..(not sure what theyre called..pin curls? )

this look
http://cp91279.biography.com/BRAND_BIO_BSFC_152152_SF_2997_005_20131017_V1_HD_7 68x432-16x9.jpg

lapushka
September 6th, 2015, 02:29 PM
Oh boy, I think I like the 80s for its diversity - wild but pretty diverse, maybe it is because I was in my teens then. ;) I think I like the 10s too.

Groovy Granny
September 6th, 2015, 02:32 PM
And it was a groovy one at that ! :) :cheer:

A close second would maybe be that 50's pinup look..with the long hair with stuctured waves..(not sure what theyre called..pin curls? )

That is was LOL

Yup...those blasted pin curls :mad:
My mother would make me sleep with those; or wear them all day til it dried (and they were tight).
My scalp is still sensitive to this day = headaches :headache:

DollyDagger
September 6th, 2015, 02:54 PM
Oh boy, I think I like the 80s for its diversity - wild but pretty diverse, maybe it is because I was in my teens then. ;) I think I like the 10s too.
There were alot of different looks..anything from Sheena Easton short to heavy metal hairbands.

That is was LOL

Yup...those blasted pin curls :mad:
My mother would make me sleep with those; or wear them all day til it dried (and they were tight).
My scalp is still sensitive to this day = headaches :headache:

lol..ouch that doesnt sound like fun at all!

Echileruwen
September 6th, 2015, 03:18 PM
I would have to say 1900-1910, since I can't go back a few decades before this. I like the old, long-haired styles and the lovely dresses they wore.

Groovy Granny
September 6th, 2015, 03:25 PM
There were alot of different looks..anything from Sheena Easton short to heavy metal hairbands.

lol..ouch that doesnt sound like fun at all!

Nope...when I read of gals doing pincurls I shudder: lol

Fericera
September 6th, 2015, 03:49 PM
That's a tough one. I love Edwardian hair, so probably 1900-1915 or so would be my absolute favorite. I wish I could go back in time and stock up on all the art nouveau hair combs and lovelies. Imagine learning actual old fashioned styles! That would be so fun!

I also have a thing for 80's hair though, with all that crimping, hairspray, and giant bangs. Also there were so many good looking rock stars...

meteor
September 6th, 2015, 04:27 PM
I'm echoing the suggestions of early 20th c.: 1900 - 1915...:agree:, but I'd like the Victorian Era even more (lots of hair icons back then, like Elisabeth of Austria, for example :crush:).
The 1920s - early 1960s would be hard for me though, since there was a lot of pressure to go short.

lapushka
September 6th, 2015, 04:39 PM
Oh oops, it hasn't got to be a decade you actually live(d) in? :o

Frankenstein
September 6th, 2015, 05:18 PM
I love everything about the 70s, especially the hair. Cher and Farrah Fawcett... enough said. :bowtome: Although the 80s would probably be a close second.

DollyDagger
September 6th, 2015, 05:20 PM
Oh oops, it hasn't got to be a decade you actually live(d) in? :o
hehe..yeah anytime after 1900

I'm echoing the suggestions of early 20th c.: 1900 - 1915...:agree:, but I'd like the Victorian Era even more (lots of hair icons back then, like Elisabeth of Austria, for example :crush:).
The 1920s - early 1960s would be hard for me though, since there was a lot of pressure to go short.
Exactly my thoughts about the 20's ..and that twiggy style in the 60's too now that you mention it

That's a tough one. I love Edwardian hair, so probably 1900-1915 or so would be my absolute favorite. I wish I could go back in time and stock up on all the art nouveau hair combs and lovelies. Imagine learning actual old fashioned styles! That would be so fun!
It would be neat but with the modern conveniences of indoor plumbing and electricity and heat and such :)

I also have a thing for 80's hair though, with all that crimping, hairspray, and giant bangs. Also there were so many good looking rock stars...
It would be neat but with the modern conveniences of indoor plumbing and electricity and heat and such :)

yahirwaO.o
September 6th, 2015, 09:27 PM
I adore with heart mid-late 60's all the way to late 70's (I fancy long free hippie Cher and Crystal Gale hair, but Farrah flicks, mod haircuts and pretty Bardot bouffants have something very appealing to me)

.... and 40's Veronica Lake peek a boo bangs with polished long, but not too long waves!

emilynella
September 6th, 2015, 09:39 PM
Late 60's 70's would love to go back in time and visit for a week!:happydance:

DollyDagger
September 6th, 2015, 10:01 PM
I love everything about the 70s, especially the hair. Cher and Farrah Fawcett... enough said. :bowtome: Although the 80s would probably be a close second.
me too...not so much the 80's..I lived through those..they were murderous on hair..lol (well mine anyways)

I adore with heart mid-late 60's all the way to late 70's (I fancy long free hippie Cher and Crystal Gale hair, but Farrah flicks, mod haircuts and pretty Bardot bouffants have something very appealing to me)

.... and 40's Veronica Lake peek a boo bangs with polished long, but not too long waves!

all amazing! :)

Late 60's 70's would love to go back in time and visit for a week!:happydance:
Me too right to woodstock :P :)

emilynella
September 6th, 2015, 10:10 PM
Haha I would love to people watch at woodstock :o :cheese: Major hair envy.

turtlelover
September 7th, 2015, 12:55 AM
Late 60s early 70s hippie hair was the best! Long, free flowing.......

syndel
September 7th, 2015, 01:04 AM
Agreed with everyone who said 60's 70's hippe hair! :o

valkyrje
September 7th, 2015, 04:23 AM
I'm in love with the 40's and 50's pin up style! The 20's and the 70's were great as well. Now, the 90's... that's a no no for me. xD

Lady melissa
September 7th, 2015, 08:15 AM
sigh....i can appreciate Victorian/Edwardian/Hippie style....but my heart belongs in the middelages :)

MINAKO
September 7th, 2015, 11:24 AM
Early 70s is how i roll. :D

DollyDagger
September 7th, 2015, 12:12 PM
Right on dude :) ^

Klaudia
September 7th, 2015, 02:12 PM
I would say 80's. But a hippie style from the 70's looks appealing to me, too. :)

Sarahlabyrinth
September 7th, 2015, 02:20 PM
1900 to 1915 for me. Sigh... all that flowing hair and wonderful styles, gorgeous combs, plus hats, corsets, flowing skirts.... drool. I was born in the wrong era.

I remember my aunt telling me when they were young they would play lawn tennis with ankle length skirts, corsets and the giant hats...

DollyDagger
September 7th, 2015, 02:51 PM
1900 to 1915 for me. Sigh... all that flowing hair and wonderful styles, gorgeous combs, plus hats, corsets, flowing skirts.... drool. I was born in the wrong era.

I remember my aunt telling me when they were young they would play lawn tennis with ankle length skirts, corsets and the giant hats...
..hehe..yep they werent serving very many aces I bet..:)
Those were beautiful times for hair....with the caveat that a high station in life would probably have been ideal to experience all the really good hair stuff.

MINAKO
September 7th, 2015, 02:55 PM
To be honest i find any decade before 2000 a better one than today. People look so fake and plastic these days and it affects me
on a level where i sometimes have a hard time to check my own standards. I hate all these hipster instagram styles with a passion these days, its not even subculture with a meaning behind it, just everyone and their mom looking like A hybrid between Kim K and their favorite Bratz doll.
I'm enjoying more of a natural style again these days and totally in love with it. Needless to say i still prefer straight hair.
But THIS is a good example of what i find truly beautiful and appealing. I can't get enough of Olivia Hussey ever. Saves me alot of trouble getting lost in "contemporary" BS :D

https://media4.giphy.com/media/EqZlzIUOuNNFS/giphy.gif

georgia_peach
September 7th, 2015, 03:03 PM

I agree, yahirwaO.o, with all of this. I also loved the 80's, because I really enjoyed experimenting with all the different styles and lengths. I probably wouldn't be growing long now if I hadn't gotten the 80's phase out of my system. ;)

neko_kawaii
September 7th, 2015, 03:13 PM
I like aspects of all of them. I tend to most appreciate the things my hair simply won't let me do to it, so things like finger waves are high on my list of "purdy" along with the big Gibson Girl styles.

yahirwaO.o
September 8th, 2015, 09:21 PM
MINAKO Those instagram or pinterest things are pretty yes but also unreaslistic and fake looking, I agree!. A close example when they label "Efortless Waves or Beachy Waves" and still you see a super hot burning styling thing, heat protectant, texture powder, root spray, hairspray, shine spray, teasing, extensions and god knows what else.... clearly is not really that effortles and there is no way you get out of beach sea looking like that huh :confused:

I adore Olivia Hussey, she had and still has a beautful long natural looking hair!!!!

Fericera
September 8th, 2015, 10:05 PM
MINAKO Those instagram or pinterest things are pretty yes but also unreaslistic and fake looking, I agree!. A close example when they label "Efortless Waves or Beachy Waves" and still you see a super hot burning styling thing, heat protectant, texture powder, root spray, hairspray, shine spray, teasing, extensions and god knows what else.... clearly is not really that effortles and there is no way you get out of beach sea looking like that huh :confused:

I adore Olivia Hussey, she had and still has a beautful long natural looking hair!!!!

I've seen this a lot too! So often it seems pointless and wasteful. Do you really need three different texturizing sprays, a curling iron, extensions, and teasing to put your hair up in a basic bun? I know I don't. I suspect some of them might be getting compensated for using companies' products.

I do like the lightly messy styles, but I don't go messing up my hair on purpose. My braids soften and hairs fall out of my bun throughout the day. Lots of times I see YouTubers shred their fresh, beautiful style to instability for the insta-messy look and I'm left thinking about how that's going to fall out fifteen minutes after the camera's off.