PDA

View Full Version : Length for Quality

DollyDagger
September 5th, 2015, 11:06 AM
Another would you do it :)

If you could trade 12" length to instantaneously and permanently change any combination of quality/density/thickness/natural colour or texture of hair..would you do it?

or 6" for just 1 of the above.

:)

T.I.A
Dolly

parkmikii
September 5th, 2015, 11:07 AM
If it would grow the same as the new texture then yep, I would. But if it would revert back then I wouldn't :)

DollyDagger
September 5th, 2015, 11:09 AM
If it would grow the same as the new texture then yep, I would. But if it would revert back then I wouldn't :)
It would be forever changed as you wish :)

you would trade 12" for straighter?

MINAKO
September 5th, 2015, 11:13 AM
Take them 12" for straightness, a solid 13.5 circumference and a sunresistant black color.

parkmikii
September 5th, 2015, 11:15 AM
It would be forever changed as you wish :)

you would trade 12" for straighter?

For thicker hair, naturally copper and a bit straighter, YES :)

DollyDagger
September 5th, 2015, 11:37 AM
Take them 12" for straightness, a solid 13.5 circumference and a sunresistant black color.

Consider it Done ! :)

DollyDagger
September 5th, 2015, 11:38 AM
For thicker hair, naturally copper and a bit straighter, YES :)

Okay ..sound like a good plan :) (if only eh )

AspenSong
September 5th, 2015, 12:12 PM
I'm at knee....and ya know what, if it permanently changed my hair type forever, go on and take 12"! I'd still have long hair and I can keep growing. I think I'd definitely trade 12" for just 1" more in ponytail circumference, keeping my straight hair and either asking for it to be a lighter blonde or a darker brown.

DollyDagger
September 5th, 2015, 12:15 PM
I'm at knee....and ya know what, if it permanently changed my hair type forever, go on and take 12"! I'd still have long hair and I can keep growing. I think I'd definitely trade 12" for just 1" more in ponytail circumference, keeping my straight hair and either asking for it to be a lighter blonde or a darker brown.
It would be pretty good deal in your case...with plenty to spare! :)! For me at BSL would be a harder decision..thats like 2 year growth..!but id seriously debate it in my head.

chen bao jun
September 5th, 2015, 10:56 PM
13.5--that can't be inches--

It took me a moment to realize that though and I was like-- whaaa??

As you can see from my photo, i do not have 12 inches to spare. I probably have 23 inches stretched as much as it can go--if I took off twelve, counting shrinkage, I'd have a pixie.

Anyway, I love my texture and color.

Radioduck
September 6th, 2015, 05:05 AM
Oh yes, I would. I would end up with quite short hair, but I reeeally desire thicker and curlier hair, perhaps in a ginger shade.

ravenheather
September 6th, 2015, 07:41 AM
I could do 6 inches for thicker hair.

Johannah
September 6th, 2015, 08:06 AM
I'd cut 6" for thicker hair. I want to get virgin hair in the long run anyway. I'm really happy with everything else tbh :)

trolleypup
September 6th, 2015, 09:20 AM
Trade 12" for dream hair? That would be a no brainer...the hard question would be choosing the color: black or white!

DollyDagger
September 6th, 2015, 09:41 AM
I set this up to be too painless for all the REAlly Long haired :) I shouldve said 24" to make the decision just a little bit harder :)

DollyDagger
September 6th, 2015, 09:42 AM
Trade 12" for dream hair? That would be a no brainer...the hard question would be choosing the color: black or white!
White would be a sight to behold would't it ! :)

Robot Ninja
September 6th, 2015, 10:06 AM
Can I have naturally purple hair? I don't think I'd sacrifice 12" otherwise. If I can, I'd also take a bit of added thickness; nothing too extreme, just on the lower end of iii.

I'd give up 6" for proper waves instead of my 1c/2a make-up-your-frelling-mind-already texture. It has to come off eventually anyway, and I'd still be at hip.

DollyDagger
September 6th, 2015, 10:24 AM
Can I have naturally purple hair? I don't think I'd sacrifice 12" otherwise. If I can, I'd also take a bit of added thickness; nothing too extreme, just on the lower end of iii.

I'd give up 6" for proper waves instead of my 1c/2a make-up-your-frelling-mind-already texture. It has to come off eventually anyway, and I'd still be at hip.
Purple costs at least 24" :) hehe..just kidding. Sure you can have purple for 12" if your above waist. That purple hair in your avatar looks neat :)

chen bao jun
September 6th, 2015, 10:25 AM

You already have dream hair.

DollyDagger, you are being mean lol.
24 inches--I'd be bald and even for really long haired people, 2 feet is a lot.
Interesting how many would trade long hair for thicker hair. I have to think about if I'd give up some thickness for more length. I think 5 years ago I would have, but now since being on LHC I can handle my thickness much better than I used to and have gotten to like it. the grass is definitely greener though as really thick hair can be a serious pain. It actually gets better at longer lengths, length drags it down and stops the pouf a bit, so those trading length for thickness might find they had hair that was VERY hard to control.

DollyDagger
September 6th, 2015, 10:32 AM
You already have dream hair.

DollyDagger, you are being mean lol.
24 inches--I'd be bald and even for really long haired people, 2 feet is a lot.
Interesting how many would trade long hair for thicker hair. I have to think about if I'd give up some thickness for more length. I think 5 years ago I would have, but now since being on LHC I can handle my thickness much better than I used to and have gotten to like it. the grass is definitely greener though as really thick hair can be a serious pain. It actually gets better at longer lengths, length drags it down and stops the pouf a bit, so those trading length for thickness might find they had hair that was VERY hard to control.

24" -Thats only for purple or if your hair is almost knee! Thickness is a popular desirable quality :) even with it being a little hard to manage maybe.

chen bao jun
September 6th, 2015, 10:38 AM
You are so sweet, Dolly Dagger.
Yeah, thickness is popular with those who don't have it. We have many, many threads on LHC detailing in excruciating detail the miseries of too much thickness, but I stay away from them nowadays as its best to be satisfied with what you have. And unlike what people tend to think, you can't easily get rid of thickness (yeah, hairdressers will thin your hair but a whole new set of issues come up). I think what it is is that like many things, people want to have a certain amount, but those who have past that run into issues that others may not be aware of/think about. As in, a five foot person might wish to be taller--but they probably don't really want to be 7 feet--unless they are very, very gifted at basketball and can make enough money that way to buy the clothes and shoes (!!), have a private airplane with legroom, etc.

Robot Ninja
September 6th, 2015, 11:15 AM
Purple costs at least 24" :) hehe..just kidding. Sure you can have purple for 12" if your above waist. That purple hair in your avatar looks neat :)

12" would put me just above waist. And no fair changing the rules just for people who don't want hair-colored hair!

Yeah, thickness is popular with those who don't have it. We have many, many threads on LHC detailing in excruciating detail the miseries of too much thickness, but I stay away from them nowadays as its best to be satisfied with what you have.

That's why I wouldn't want crazy thick hair. Just a little more so I can have nice layers without my ends getting too thin.

And unlike what people tend to think, you can't easily get rid of thickness (yeah, hairdressers will thin your hair but a whole new set of issues come up).

I'd probably just get a mohawk if I had super-thick hair. I used to have one and sometimes I miss it.

DollyDagger
September 6th, 2015, 11:39 AM
12" would put me just above waist. And no fair changing the rules just for people who don't want hair-colored hair!

That's why I wouldn't want crazy thick hair. Just a little more so I can have nice layers without my ends getting too thin.

I'd probably just get a mohawk if I had super-thick hair. I used to have one and sometimes I miss it.

:) hehe..okay okay ...have your purple for 12 then:p:flower: (LOL hair coloured hair hehe)

DollyDagger
September 6th, 2015, 11:42 AM
You are so sweet, Dolly Dagger.
Yeah, thickness is popular with those who don't have it. We have many, many threads on LHC detailing in excruciating detail the miseries of too much thickness, but I stay away from them nowadays as its best to be satisfied with what you have. And unlike what people tend to think, you can't easily get rid of thickness (yeah, hairdressers will thin your hair but a whole new set of issues come up). I think what it is is that like many things, people want to have a certain amount, but those who have past that run into issues that others may not be aware of/think about. As in, a five foot person might wish to be taller--but they probably don't really want to be 7 feet--unless they are very, very gifted at basketball and can make enough money that way to buy the clothes and shoes (!!), have a private airplane with legroom, etc.

so true..its always greener on the other side of the fence :)

butter52
September 7th, 2015, 04:40 PM
I will give all my hair if when it grows back its the same but tangle resistant and always clean!

meteor
September 7th, 2015, 05:05 PM
I will give all my hair if when it grows back its the same but tangle resistant and always clean!

Ha-ha! Same here! :hifive:
Tangle resistance would be heaven! :cloud9:

Or I'd love an ability to change my hair color any way I want, any moment to suit my mood and change again the next moment... without any damage whatsoever! :cloud9: Yeah, a girl can dream!

Other than that... I can't think of anything I'd want badly hair-wise, actually... :hmm: I think I have exactly what I want. :D

rags
September 7th, 2015, 05:32 PM
If I gave up 12" I'd be bald, but I'd gladly shave my head for thickness right now. Just another 1.5", which would put me squarely in the ii category, but would double what I have now. Three inche circumference - I'd love that!

Oh, and if I get another wish then I'd have it all go silver already! :lol:

MeAndTheMaz
September 7th, 2015, 05:45 PM
12 inches would just about leave me bald. If I could have worry free hair after, I might do it. I'd do six in an instant for half that though. :)

rags
September 7th, 2015, 05:51 PM
I forgot you could just do 6". About the only thing I care about is the thickness, so I'd do that. I'm fine with the rest of my hair.

Unzadi
September 8th, 2015, 09:04 PM
6 inches for naturally Vampire Red hair? Deal. That would get rid of all the damage and make an even hemline for growing out again.

AZDesertRose
September 8th, 2015, 09:42 PM
Yeah, I'd give up 12" (especially given that we're allowed to grow it back) to have my hair be naturally the dark auburn that henna produces (or pure white--that would be cool too) and to have it pick a texture already! (Another 1c/2a here. Either curl or be straight but this is no-one's-land texture-wise, LOL.)