PDA

View Full Version : What are you jealous of?

petcrazy18
September 4th, 2015, 02:51 PM
I often peruse the Internet for hair inspiration and find some pretty beautiful manes that leave me with a bad case of hair envy ;). What pictures have you guys seen lately that conjure up the same feeling? :confused:

lapushka
September 4th, 2015, 03:04 PM
None, except for the pictures I see here at the LHC. I don't particularly seek the hair pictures out, am not on pinterest or any of those sites, so... I did however look Sarah Jessica Parker up when I posted her name in a thread on which celebrity you like the hair from, and OMG that girl has some *serious* hair!

MINAKO
September 4th, 2015, 04:28 PM
I usually get hair envy when watching videos. Pictures miss a certain point to make me go there.

http://youtu.be/hM7ENrmeHxg

petcrazy18
September 4th, 2015, 04:31 PM
Lapushka: No kidding! She's lucky to have such a gorgeous head of hair.
Minako: Videos definitely break the forth wall.. -her hair in the video is so shiny!-

Fericera
September 4th, 2015, 05:43 PM
I envy all the beautiful styles in my Pinterest and Instagram feed every day. I want to learn how to do all those amazing, intricate braids with ribbons, accents, and perfectly placed (and matching) accessories!

I also watch YouTube videos, and admire all the lovely styles here. There's so much amazing inspiration out there to send me in the endless pursuit of growing more hair. :D

I'm sure you're hoping for actual pictures, so here are a few of my recent favorites!

http://40.media.tumblr.com/dd67effef636f473f5a5f5af9c89721c/tumblr_mld045Gl2n1qakrqto1_500.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/61/52/f0/6152f0a79b9b9c3285b3279972719322.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/9f/9a/0b/9f9a0beb48c93a03f08caa93a3e2d82e.jpg (https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/9f/9a/0b/9f9a0beb48c93a03f08caa93a3e2d82e.jpg)

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/9f/de/8c/9fde8c341384d9ea7b3d038c1c7fd162.jpg

Edit: Fixed URLS

DollyDagger
September 4th, 2015, 06:29 PM
There's a million enviable images flying through our digital world every second of every day.
I try not to be jealous per se or not to covet, particularly the unattainable. I do really admire and appreciate and love so many different hair types and colours.
Alot of them I know even if I wanted aren't in the cards for me. I figure -might as well appreciate and count all our blessings that we do have and make the most of what we've got.
There's always going to be someone richer, thinner, better-endowed, longer-haired, taller, etc etc...basically just love your ownself :)

SnottyDotty
September 4th, 2015, 06:36 PM
Even though I love my natural colour, texture etc I must admit that I am slightly jealous of my friend's hair. Not necessarily for how it looks (even though it is beautiful) but because she is one of these people who can regularly heat style, bleach, colour, re-bleach, bleachbath and colour again and again whilst still retaining very healthy looking hair. It always looks like fine satin.
But, again, I wouldn't change my natural hair for anything... except to make it longer but growing it is half the fun :)

Groovy Granny
September 4th, 2015, 06:52 PM
Jealousy? NONE!

Admiration and inspiration for all your lovely ladies....plenty :heart:

I am happy, comfortable, and grateful with my own hair and in my own skin :meditate:

chen bao jun
September 4th, 2015, 06:59 PM
I admit to having had more than a few moments of jealousy of everybody (it seems its everybody else but me) who joined along with me and have waist length hair after 3 years--while I don't even look like armpit yet.
I know this is nature of curly hair, and I like being a curly, but I feel jealous anyway.

turtlelover
September 4th, 2015, 07:04 PM
I'm pretty happy with my own hair, but I still sometimes do wish I had the hair from my 20s that wasn't turning gray. I didn't appreciate it at the time, and now I'd love to have it back!

Vanilla
September 4th, 2015, 07:09 PM
I am totally jealous of the rainbow/mermaid ombré hair that's floating around everywhere. I wish I could get away with dying my hair unnatural colors.

I likely wouldn't have to bleach much, if at all to achieve the fun colors, but I work in a fairly conservative office and it wouldn't be professional for me to do so.

MsPharaohMoan
September 4th, 2015, 08:19 PM
I must admit that I feel envy when I see gray growing in a streak... Just so unusual and striking!

restless
September 5th, 2015, 03:23 AM
I dont really look for hair pics/vids in general, but I often admire sleek, straight hair when I see it. Thats the complete opposite of my own hair and while I like my crazy wurls, theyre unpredictable and tend to look like a frizzy mess in humid weather.

Johannah
September 5th, 2015, 04:17 AM
Jealousy? NONE!

Admiration and inspiration for all your lovely ladies....plenty :heart:

I am happy, comfortable, and grateful with my own hair and in my own skin :meditate:

*Exactly* this!

Ashflower89
September 5th, 2015, 06:04 AM
http://i60.tinypic.com/2a8jj3q.jpghttp://i57.tinypic.com/2s79b4m.jpg

This. Sleek straight glossy black or red hair. Black looks terrible on my pale complexion, red makes my acne/rosacea stand out, and I have 2b wurl/curls so I'd literally never have the bone straight look. But I'm just in love with it.

*ReiKa*
September 5th, 2015, 06:18 AM
I'm very happy with my own hair, but until a few months ago I would be a little jealous of girls with very long chemically treated hair.
Now that I got my balayage done, I don't envy anything at all in anybody :)

MINAKO
September 5th, 2015, 06:41 AM
I'm very happy with my own hair, but until a few months ago I would be a little jealous of girls with very long chemically treated hair.
Now that I got my balayage done, I don't envy anything at all in anybody :)

I did seriously reopen this cause i was wondering what YOU could be complaining about, lol. :D

*ReiKa*
September 5th, 2015, 06:47 AM
I did seriously reopen this cause i was wondering what YOU could be complaining about, lol. :D

LOL Minako, and I also don't understand why you should envy other people's hair since you have yourself such gorgeous long shiny straight perfect hair! I mean, c'mon!

MINAKO
September 5th, 2015, 06:52 AM
Thank you! The difference between me and the woman in the video is an hour of flatironing tho. Also i'm probably still about 5-7 inches shorter and need a ton of products to keep my hair this healthy. So much on the best things in life coming free, hahaha.

HappyHair87
September 5th, 2015, 04:22 PM
To be honest, I'm jealous of pics of healthy long hip or tailbone length hair, straight OR curly! And I mean SUPER curly like mine.

I had to take off about 2.5 inches in June which made me BSL/MBL and now I'm at MBL/WL....AGAIN. :(

I'm hoping to be HL by January (stretched). At least scraping it. No more heat for a WHILE.

Groovy Granny
September 6th, 2015, 09:43 AM
*Exactly* this!

:thumbsup:

Though I could be jealous of your hair if I allowed myself LOL ;)

Johannah
September 6th, 2015, 09:50 AM
:thumbsup:

Though I could be jealous of your hair if I allowed myself LOL ;)

Aww thank you, you make me blush :blushing:

Groovy Granny
September 6th, 2015, 12:18 PM
Aww thank you, you make me blush :blushing:
I bet it looks great with your eyes and hair ;) LOL

Johannah
September 6th, 2015, 12:20 PM
I bet it looks great with your eyes and hair ;) LOL

Hahahaha ;) Gosh I miss the 'likes' on this forum so badly!

Groovy Granny
September 6th, 2015, 12:48 PM
Hahahaha ;) Gosh I miss the 'likes' on this forum so badly!

ROFLOL :D

Yeah I keep going for them too ;)

nikegirl
September 7th, 2015, 04:02 PM
I'm so jealous of long hair. I had trichotillomania for ten years and have finally broken free from it. My hair is quite short (at the mullet,shag stage) and although I know I'll get there eventually, I can't help but want to steal long luscious locks whenever I see them!

DollyDagger
September 7th, 2015, 04:12 PM
I'm so jealous of long hair. I had trichotillomania for ten years and have finally broken free from it. My hair is quite short (at the mullet,shag stage) and although I know I'll get there eventually, I can't help but want to steal long luscious locks whenever I see them!

Thats really great you broke free of it..!:cheer::blossom: Yours will get there dont worry :)

Stormynights
September 7th, 2015, 04:37 PM
I see a lot of beautiful heads of hair that I admire but I have never been jealous over it.

hinabelle
September 8th, 2015, 08:28 AM
"Jealous" is too strong a word, but I have to say I do envy those who have fast-growing hair!
Sometimes it seems like certain people get from pixie to waist or longer in four years! Either
they are much shorter than me or they have lucky genes... :lol:

Mustang Suzy
September 9th, 2015, 06:15 AM
I'm jealous (meaning I wish I had these traits) of those who have fast growing hair and those who have thick hair. I love seeing thick hair in a braid!

Belle Paix
September 9th, 2015, 09:16 AM
Gossamer :). Gorgeous hair. Makes me want to just let mine grow, and grow, and grow......

Arctic
September 9th, 2015, 09:36 AM
I probably could be envious about some things, if i would choose to. I try to, however, cultivate acceptance towards my own hair.

hennalonghair
September 9th, 2015, 12:11 PM
"Jealous" is too strong a word, but I have to say I do envy those who have fast-growing hair!
Sometimes it seems like certain people get from pixie to waist or longer in four years! Either
they are much shorter than me or they have lucky genes... :lol:

Perhaps they are just shorter than you

Stray_mind
September 9th, 2015, 01:41 PM
I usually get hair envy when i see a long and thick hair.. But now i am trying to learn to appreciate my own mane. :D

AutobotsAttack
September 9th, 2015, 09:33 PM
I'm not really jealous at all. I just admire people for their unique qualities. And I have unique qualities for my hair. When I reach my goal I'm just look back and be extremely proud of the hair I worked hard to achieve :)

Mrstran
November 8th, 2016, 10:36 AM
I've never understood jealously. My husband and I were talking about this recently too. I may stop, look at someone beautiful, and admire them for a second but that's pretty much where the thought ends. It is forgotten quickly.

I think that each of us has a unique beauty. It's just how we accentuate that beauty.

I want long hair, but this isn't because I seen someone else with long beautiful hair. I want it because I simply love having long hair. I think it's fine to be jealous though, maybe even heathy. It can be used as a positive influence, inspiring those that already have confidence and those who may need a boost.

Some people it can be quite damaging though. I use to have a friend that yelled at her husband anytime he'd smile at a waitress. Sometimes she'd even threaten the waitresses! Rrrf!

DweamGoiL
November 8th, 2016, 11:30 AM
I am quite enthralled with those that have gorgeous long curly locks. I very much appreciate my own hair...don't get me wrong, but I so love curls :)

lora410
November 8th, 2016, 11:36 AM
While there are some stunning hair here I'm not jealous. Im enjoying the thrill of the journey again :)

Cg
November 8th, 2016, 12:16 PM
Envy no. I enjoy seeing the enormous variety of colors, textures, and styles, and I'm doubly glad when people are happy with what nature gave them -- whatever nature gave them.

Wavykate
November 8th, 2016, 12:43 PM
I am very happy with my hair but I do get jealous of people who can air dry their hair and it doesn't end up all poofy! My hair is quite wavy and if I don't work to encourage the wave with product and then carefully try not to move or touch my hair till its dry, then POOF! I do wish I could just literally wash and go!

kidari
November 8th, 2016, 01:02 PM
Now that I'm older I feel admiration now instead of jealousy. I appreciate beautiful hair for what it is when I am lucky to see it. No amount of wishing will change the natural texture or thickness of my hair and why waste time dwelling on negativity by being jealous of someone else? I really like the threads on here that highlights all the pros of the natural type of hair that they have.

Kake
November 8th, 2016, 01:05 PM
I would love straight, silky, swishy hair. I'm always envious of people whose hair is like that. It looks the same every day! I think that's one of those things you would love if you don't have hair like that, and that you may find annoying if you do have hair like that.

sarahthegemini
November 8th, 2016, 01:22 PM
Oh what I would give for thicker hair!

Entangled
November 8th, 2016, 01:52 PM
I guess I have jealousy in the sense that I don't begrudge the other person for having something I like, but I really want it for myself, such as hair without taper. I really like long, dark, shiny hair with little taper, and would love to have it.

WillOTree
November 8th, 2016, 02:12 PM
Lately, everyone who's hair is mostly all one length with little to no layers. This postpartum shed and 2 year post head shave have made my layers from my ears down HELL to grow out. It makes me envious of all you ladies beautiful hair! But the ends are nice and soft and I have a nice shine to the rest of my hair. It's the positives you have to focus on right? :o

Cg
November 8th, 2016, 02:23 PM
I would love straight, silky, swishy hair. I'm always envious of people whose hair is like that. It looks the same every day! I think that's one of those things you would love if you don't have hair like that, and that you may find annoying if you do have hair like that.

Straight, silky, swishy hair is also often really slippery, making bunning a challenge.

littlestarface
November 8th, 2016, 02:26 PM
I guess I have jealousy in the sense that I don't begrudge the other person for having something I like, but I really want it for myself, such as hair without taper. I really like long, dark, shiny hair with little taper, and would love to have it.

Me too.

Kake
November 8th, 2016, 03:19 PM
Straight, silky, swishy hair is also often really slippery, making bunning a challenge.

The grass is always greener!

But then I think about how I wouldn't need to bun it, it would be swooshing so prettily around. :magic:

Long_hair_bear
November 8th, 2016, 03:23 PM
People with hair longer and healthier than mine.....

Platzhalter
November 8th, 2016, 04:16 PM
Don't envy anyone regarding hair in the sense of not wanting those people to have those things, you know... but still tend to think "I'd love to regularly have such soft hair without doing something to achieve that"

EbonyCurls
November 8th, 2016, 04:24 PM
I'm jealous of thicker volume, especially at the roots. And stronger curl structure. I have to scrunch my hair and my curls still manage to fall after the first day. Other than that, I'm happy with what I have.

OhSuzi
November 9th, 2016, 06:23 PM
Serious natural big curls! There's someone on here who's signature is just a close up of beautiful big golden spirals and there is no sign of frizz, they're lovely.
People who dye their hair all different crazy colours, I miss the excitingness and fantasy ness of a bright pink or an ice blue or a Phoenix red orange yellow - but sadly it's high maintenance hair damagey and not boring office work appropes.

Hay_jules
November 9th, 2016, 06:41 PM
Definitely anyone with thick volume and long (past BSL) smooth shiny hair. Straight, wavy or curly, if it's smooth and shiny I'm jelly.

dansyl
November 9th, 2016, 07:35 PM
Non frizzy natural hair. I'll never have it lol

Flipgirl24
November 9th, 2016, 08:13 PM
Are we just talking about hair? Lol. I am jealous of those with no gray hair. That's about it in terms of hair jealousy. I've become to like my hair whereas in my younger years, I fought with it. But I hate the grays.

LadyCelestina
November 10th, 2016, 08:00 AM
I'm envious of people with blue or light eyes, as they seem to pull off red hair (and imo any colored hair) much better than brown eyed me. I also envy wavies, or the not-straight not-wavy hairtype.

I try not to envy too much though, I learned to be content with what I have :D

Hairkay
November 10th, 2016, 10:13 AM
I envy nobody. I enjoy watching others' pictures of their hair and celebrate with them.

Kake
November 10th, 2016, 11:41 AM
I'm envious of people with blue or light eyes, as they seem to pull off red hair (and imo any colored hair) much better than brown eyed me. I also envy wavies, or the not-straight not-wavy hairtype.

I try not to envy too much though, I learned to be content with what I have :D

I think brown eyes and red hair are a lovely combination. Growing up I knew someone with natural red hair and brown eyes and it was beautiful on her.

LadyCelestina
November 10th, 2016, 01:01 PM
I think brown eyes and red hair are a lovely combination. Growing up I knew someone with natural red hair and brown eyes and it was beautiful on her.
Yes of course anybody can look beautiful in any haircolour.
From the area where I come from ( mostly light skinned people with typically blondette or brown hair), I do get the feeling that blue eyed people can wear colours which look ok because of their eyes, even if the skintone clashes : blondes and reds look good because we are used to connect those colours with light eyes, darker colours look good because of the contrast. Wild colours are not so common here, but I also typically see them on light eyed people.

Hairkay
November 10th, 2016, 03:21 PM

I also know a few people with that combination, some dark skinned with type 3 or 4 hair and they looked beautiful.

HairPlease
November 10th, 2016, 07:01 PM
I envy nobody. I enjoy watching others' pictures of their hair and celebrate with them.

I'm with you on that. I can aspire to other people's hair health and length, but I don't get envious, just proud of them! I enjoy seeing photos of people with similar hair type and color as me at lengths beyond waist. It helps me dream.

JadedByEntropy
November 10th, 2016, 08:53 PM
I've never understood jealously. My husband and I were talking about this recently too. I may stop, look at someone beautiful, and admire them for a second but that's pretty much where the thought ends. It is forgotten quickly.
I think that each of us has a unique beauty. It's just how we accentuate that beauty.

Me too. I like when people leave their natural hair alone. Wave, straight, curls, all colors...processed is usually damaged. I find darker colors more generally attractive, but thats more a response to the over-bleached generation.

Frankenstein
November 10th, 2016, 09:55 PM
Haartraum. I watch her videos a lot and wish I had her hair :lol:

littlestarface
November 10th, 2016, 10:25 PM

LOL I just finished trying to do her crown braid man she gots skills and nice hair.

Obsidian
November 11th, 2016, 06:03 AM
Not jealous at all but am a bit envious of people who have the same or nearly the same texture throughout their hair.
My hair is getting more and more different textures as it grows. I just want some curl on the top/sides too:(

Anya15
November 11th, 2016, 10:53 AM
Curls! I love curls :crush:

Zesty
November 11th, 2016, 11:07 AM

Word, her hair is amazing.

Mostly I'm just jealous of those with hair similar to my own at a longer length. It's more admiration than jealousy when it's very different from my own.

Pixiebella
November 11th, 2016, 11:10 AM
I think there is a difference between jealousy and inspiration. I don't think jealousy is healthy - I see that word as having some kind of anger towards someone because they have something you'd want. I am really inspired by long, shiny healthy hair. I totally admire it!

Gothic
November 11th, 2016, 11:42 AM
I'm jealous of people who can have long bleached hair. My hair is so fine in some places that it's just breaks off :(

Entangled
November 11th, 2016, 01:02 PM
I guess my jealousy with hair comes from things I can't control? I can't make my hair grow smoother, or curlier, or darker, or redder. So when I see someone who has it, I envy it. But maybe that's not jealousy. I don't begrudge them for having that quality, I just wish I had it too.

Rebeccalaurenxx
November 11th, 2016, 01:13 PM
Im only ever jealous of another persons thickness!! I adore thick braids but I will never EVER have that for myself.

Anya15
November 12th, 2016, 11:22 AM
I already posted, but here's another thing I'm jealous of - most of the pretty hairstyles on Pinterest don't work on me because a. I have wurls, b. I have frizz, so no hairdo looks sleek, and c. my hair is often too thick for some of them.

AZDesertRose
November 13th, 2016, 10:05 AM
I'm not per se jealous of anyone's hair (although, as I've often said, I wish my hair would either be straight or curly and not this "wavy in places, straight in places, who knows how it's going to place itself any given day" way it is), but I really appreciate Arctic's creativity and patience to come up with lovely interesting styles for shorter lengths.

hannabiss
November 13th, 2016, 08:31 PM
I'm jealous of people that can let their hair dry and then style it. If my hair doesn't get combed and laid in the direction I want it WILL NOT lay correctly. It will look matted down and flat. My hair is very silky and hard to untagle by hand after its dry. I had wanted to be able to let it dry after a shiwer then be able to put it up. But if my hair is dry it will fall out of place due to being slippery and lay in random directions.

Arctic
November 14th, 2016, 12:52 AM
I'm not per se jealous of anyone's hair (although, as I've often said, I wish my hair would either be straight or curly and not this "wavy in places, straight in places, who knows how it's going to place itself any given day" way it is), but I really appreciate Arctic's creativity and patience to come up with lovely interesting styles for shorter lengths.

Wow thank you! Very unexpeted thing to read when I opened this thread this morning! You just made my day!

AZDesertRose
November 14th, 2016, 05:08 AM
Wow thank you! Very unexpeted thing to read when I opened this thread this morning! You just made my day!

You are most welcome, and I meant every word. A lot of the really interesting styles seem to require longer lengths, and it's super cool of you to spend the time and energy to come up with pretty styles for shorter hair.

Coral Grimes
November 14th, 2016, 05:25 AM
Thick hair. Not even above average thickness, just hair that is thicker than mine (so basically everyone)! I am learning to embrace my crap hair and have accepted that no matter what I do, it will always be a little bit messy. But I'll always envy those with lovely thick locks.

Also, red/ginger hair. I always wished I was a natural redhead. :cool:

Dark40
November 15th, 2016, 09:29 AM
I get hair envy when I watch hair videos too. I also get hair envy when I see my real life friend having hip length hair, and I don't right now.

stefferweffir
November 16th, 2016, 02:10 PM
I get major hair envy when I see any hair longer than to the waist in any shade of red.

Dark40
November 16th, 2016, 04:01 PM
Me too. I have a real life girlfriend that could grow thick hip length hair, and it's always gorgeous!!! Plus, it's fast growing!!!

Dark40
November 16th, 2016, 04:06 PM
To be honest, I'm jealous of pics of healthy long hip or tailbone length hair, straight OR curly! And I mean SUPER curly like mine.

I had to take off about 2.5 inches in June which made me BSL/MBL and now I'm at MBL/WL....AGAIN. :(

I'm hoping to be HL by January (stretched). At least scraping it. No more heat for a WHILE.

Me too. I have a real life girlfriend/classmate that could grow beautiful thick hip length hair!! And, it is also fast growing too!!! I remember one day she had it reaching hip length, and one day she cut it up to BSL, and within a 3-month period her hair had grown all the way back down to her hips again!!!! I couldn't believe it!!!!