PDA

View Full Version : *waves* Hi, everyone. :)

Laughter
September 3rd, 2015, 06:18 PM
Hi, everyone! :)

I'm Laughter, and I'm sort of a newbie, though I posted for a little while on the old LHC forum under LaughtersMelody. I lost track of LHC after the boards changed, but I was recently inspired to hunt the site down again. :)

I have always loved long hair, and my goal has always been to have long hair myself, but my hair grows very slowly (it took from my birth to Kindergarten for it to actually reach my shoulders, and that's only with very small trims - not very frequent trims at that.) I've never colored it or used any sort of chemical treatment on it, and I always treat it gently. The biggest trim I've ever had at once was four inches several years ago. My hair has just made up its mind to grow at its own slow pace, lol.

At 28, it has finally reached my waist...at least when it's laying flat. I have very curly hair, so it hangs closer to my mid-back. I don't have any current pictures right now, so I will have to work on that. (I will see if I can ask my mom if she'd mind helping me, and perhaps she would be willing to offer a picture of her own, because she has beautiful long gray hair...hair that grows much faster than mine. Okay, so I'm a little jealous sometimes, lol. ;) )

My eventual goal is to have it hang to my waist when it's curly, but, after seeing all the beautiful hair here, who knows, I may be inspired to go longer...though it may take me some time to get there, lol. :D

See you around the boards!

-Laughter

gthlvrmx
September 3rd, 2015, 06:37 PM
Hello! Your name is perfect, Laughter. Are you sure maybe it isn't the shrinkage from your curliness that makes your hair look like it grows slowly? When stretched, you're probably at a longer length :)

Laughter
September 3rd, 2015, 07:20 PM
Hi, gthlvrmx!

Thank you for the welcome, and the kind words about my screen name! Ironically, I use it on a couple of writing websites as well, but most of my stories have turned out to be angst. *wry look*

I think that shrinkage does have a little something to do with it, since as I mentioned in my post, it's at waist length when it's laying flat, but mid-back when it's curly. But, just measuring the lengths when it's laying flat gives me a pretty good idea of the growth, and that seems to creep along slowly. :) At the very least, it keeps me from wanting to do any impulsive cuts because it would take so long to grow it out if I didn't like it.

Thanks again for the warm welcome! :)

DollyDagger
September 3rd, 2015, 07:31 PM
Hi Laughter...and welcome back! I would love to see a pic of your moms hair! and yours too :) glad youve joined us :)

gthlvrmx
September 3rd, 2015, 07:32 PM
Hi, gthlvrmx!

Thank you for the welcome, and the kind words about my screen name! Ironically, I use it on a couple of writing websites as well, but most of my stories have turned out to be angst. *wry look*

I think that shrinkage does have a little something to do with it, since as I mentioned in my post, it's at waist length when it's laying flat, but mid-back when it's curly. But, just measuring the lengths when it's laying flat gives me a pretty good idea of the growth, and that seems to creep along slowly. :) At the very least, it keeps me from wanting to do any impulsive cuts because it would take so long to grow it out if I didn't like it.

Thanks again for the warm welcome! :)

Oh that's what you mean by "lying flat". So stretched out, correct? I hope you enjoy your time here! :)

Laughter
September 3rd, 2015, 07:49 PM
Yes, that's what I meant. Sorry if it wasn't clear! I'm still getting use to LHC terminology. :) Thanks again!

Groovy Granny
September 3rd, 2015, 09:41 PM
Welcome :)
I'd love to see pics of both your hair!
You should invite her here......we silver hairs need to support one another ;)

Laughter
September 3rd, 2015, 11:19 PM
Thank you so much, Groovy Granny! Your hair in your avatar is so beautiful! :) I will see what I can do about the pictures, and the invite, lol! :)

Groovy Granny
September 4th, 2015, 12:01 AM
Thank you so much, Groovy Granny! Your hair in your avatar is so beautiful! :) I will see what I can do about the pictures, and the invite, lol! :)

Thanks ......You're welcome :)

lapushka
September 4th, 2015, 03:35 AM
Welcome! :) Welcome back, actually! :D

Johannah
September 4th, 2015, 11:20 AM
Welcome to the LHC! :blossom:

Laughter
September 4th, 2015, 11:52 PM
Thank you, lapushka! I've missed the forums. And thank you Johannah! :)