PDA

View Full Version : Best and Worst Hair Moments

DollyDagger
September 3rd, 2015, 05:32 PM
What was your Hairs' Worst and Best Moments/looks-

My Worst- age 14 short mushroom shaped blunt frizzy dried strawberry blonde poodle perm

My Best- hoping its yet to come but a memorable moment was
age 16 fluked the best multi-toned, multi-sized, multi-shaded blonde highlights (people argued with me that it had to be natural)

T.I.A for sharing
DD :blossom:

Clarkie
September 3rd, 2015, 05:43 PM
Worst hair moment: When I persuaded my Dad to let me get my waist length virgin hair cut into a Dorothy Hamill wedge when I was 11. My Mom cried for days.
Running a close second.....poodle perm when I was 14.

Best hair moment (so far) happened just a couple of weeks ago when I wondered what I was feeling down low on my back, and realized it was my hair. :)

Groovy Granny
September 3rd, 2015, 05:43 PM
My worst was when I was 11 years old and my mother permed my chin length hair at home.

My best is NOW...it is the longest it has ever been, in the best condition, and all virgin color :heart:

DollyDagger
September 3rd, 2015, 05:56 PM
Worst hair moment: When I persuaded my Dad to let me get my waist length virgin hair cut into a Dorothy Hamill wedge when I was 11. My Mom cried for days.
Running a close second.....poodle perm when I was 14.

Best hair moment (so far) happened just a couple of weeks ago when I wondered what I was feeling down low on my back, and realized it was my hair. :)
your Best sounds amazing... I cant wait :)
your worst sounds too damm familiar..I had the dorothy as well..:)

My worst was when I was 11 years old and my mother permed my chin length hair at home.

My best is NOW...it is the longest it has ever been, in the best condition, and all virgin color :heart:
yayyyy!! your enjoying the best now..thats fantastic
Oh God..home perms..mustve been awful!

Nadine <3
September 3rd, 2015, 07:21 PM
This was by far my worst hair-do. Or hair don't. I'm the angry looking one with the huge glasses lol
http://i1309.photobucket.com/albums/s637/nschommer22/026_zps1gtrwt4m.jpg

My best hair...hard to say. I had a lot of haircuts I really liked. Mostly short layered cuts that required styling to look nice. I like my hair now too.

DollyDagger
September 3rd, 2015, 07:28 PM
^ you look so cute there!
:) despite the mullet-y-ness

Nadine <3
September 3rd, 2015, 07:30 PM
^ you look so cute there!
:)

lol thanks. That hair cut was awful, most of the time it was standing straight up and I had a mullet for a LONG time while it grew out. I don't know who let me pic those glasses either...the frames where pastel rainbows.

DollyDagger
September 3rd, 2015, 07:33 PM
lol thanks. That hair cut was awful, most of the time it was standing straight up and I had a mullet for a LONG time while it grew out. I don't know who let me pic those glasses either...the frames where pastel rainbows.

Ya you need to find out so you can blame them :)..aww pastel rainbows.

Nadine <3
September 3rd, 2015, 07:37 PM
Ya you need to find out so you can blame them :)..aww pastel rainbows.

lol, probably would be my mother. She let me wear whatever I wanted and pick my own haircuts and stuff growing up. Made for an awesome childhood but some of the photos are cringe worthy!

Frankenstein
September 3rd, 2015, 10:41 PM
Worst: The hackjob I gave myself when I was 3 which my aunt had to fix into a very short style. Also when I had my red hair bleached twice and still had orange hair for several months, and then when I finally got it the right shade of blonde, one side had broken off like half a foot or more than the other.
Best: Hmm... I guess right now, although there's room for improvement.

HintOfMint
September 3rd, 2015, 11:49 PM
Best: Those magical, rarer than a blue moon days when my hair is actually silky. It's so against my usual hairtype which is coarse and wavy. But sometimes the water, weather, products, and wash day just come together in perfect harmony and give my silky, straightish hair. It's nigh impossible to replicate and I can only count on one hand how many times it's happened.

Worst: Growing out short hair from a bob and it's at shoulder length, but too short to cut in layers just yet. I believe I was 19.
Worst runner's up: A few months ago when I had no layers and my bangs were a chunky mess that I was trying to grow out. Sense a pattern?

Johannah
September 4th, 2015, 05:56 AM
Worst: at age 17 very layered hair, starting around ear/chin length. One side was stick straight because of the layers and the other side looked like Einstein. I hated it.

Best: probably now because I know what my hair wants and needs. But I'm sure my hair will be at it's best when my bangs are fully grown out and when my hair is all one length. In a couple of years probably.

ashke50
September 4th, 2015, 08:21 AM
Worst: style-wise, when I was about 6 and wore it in lopsided bunches for unknown reasons. Conditon-wise, when I was at uni and wasn't looking after it properly, and it was very split-end-y and ragged.
Best: Now. Although I do have a soft spot for the super-blonde hair I had as a small kid, and for the two times I've dyed parts of my hair purple.

Eastbound&Down
September 4th, 2015, 12:29 PM
lol, probably would be my mother. She let me wear whatever I wanted and pick my own haircuts and stuff growing up. Made for an awesome childhood but some of the photos are cringe worthy!

My mom was the same way. She kept it in a chin length bob when I was younger for her convenience (it did look really cute with my baby face) but once I was old enough to have an opinion I was allowed to do what I wanted, within reason. I kept it around TBL for a long time, dyed and straightened most of high school but I cut it the day before I graduated (WHY, EASTBOUND, WHY???). I've been recovering from that pixie for going on 6 years now...

Worst: growing out my pixie to chin length.. oh the horror of wavy hair at that length!

Best: Prom my senior year of high school. My mom put my hair into a really pretty updo with the length curled and hanging down. I loved it and I'm so glad I had the length to work with.