PDA

View Full Version : Non perm hair dye?

Princessmom77
September 3rd, 2015, 11:05 AM
Hi everyone I'm new here, I haven't dye my hair since May. My roots are very long but it doesn't look that bad. My hair is blonde, I wanted to go to light brown and then just let it grow till next summer and add some highlights then. But I don't want to ruin my hair.
How would a non perm or semi be?

spidermom
September 3rd, 2015, 11:48 AM
It's so individual! My granddaughter wanted to try red hair last summer, so I bought a semi-permanent dye (supposed to last through about 24 washings) for her hair, plus did one streak in mine. It washed out of her hair completely within about 3 weeks, but I still have that streak. It has faded a lot but it's still there.

The dye didn't cause either one of us any damage.

Princessmom77
September 3rd, 2015, 11:49 AM
You think it would damage my hair a lot?

Frankenstein
September 3rd, 2015, 11:56 AM
I was bleached-blonde and used semi-permanent color (Natural Instincts) in light brown to try to get close to my natural color while I grew out the blonde. It will probably turn out a lot darker than you want at first, as most hair colors do. The rate it will fade depends on a lot of things- how often you wash, heat styling, hair's starting point etc. but mine faded into the color I wanted and stayed that way for maybe 8 months until my ends were blonde-ish again. Like spidermom said it's very individual but I don't think it would hurt to try it and see what happens.

Princessmom77
September 3rd, 2015, 12:23 PM
Brown dye always washes out and turns to a dark blonde, which I'm fine with. I just don't want to keep having roots coming in, and since fall is near, I don't need to be so blonde

turtlelover
September 3rd, 2015, 01:54 PM
Isn't Natural Instincts technically a demi color since it uses developer?