PDA

View Full Version : Residue from natural cleansers

LunaLuvsU
September 3rd, 2015, 02:10 AM
Every time I make a shampoo from soapnuts or soapwort root I get this slight powdery residue. It makes my hair look a bit dull and it kinda stiff. My water is treated so its soft and im wondering if that has something to do with it. Maybe its kinda sticking to my hair? Im not sure :( Im going to try to make some cleanser with distilled water and rinse with it as well to see if it is my water or if my hair is just stupid :p I've gotten them to work wonderfully before, my hair turns out soft, shiny, and clean but then a week later it completely changes. They change the softener they add and sometimes they forget to add it at all. What are your thoughts?

lapushka
September 3rd, 2015, 02:22 AM
Maybe wash with soapnuts one time, and with a mild no-sulfate shampoo (or sulfate shampoo) the next time. It might get rid of the residue.

flickm
September 3rd, 2015, 03:09 AM
I use shampoo bars and would get this if i didn't vinegar rinse after. I notice a greasy buildup after a few weeks too, at the crown at the back of my head. I just use a clarifying shampoo based on natural ingredients every once in a while to get rid of it.

meteor
September 3rd, 2015, 03:41 PM
Over time, I get residue from almost all natural treatments, and especially herbs/teas. I think it's not that uncommon, and the best solution is just to clarify from time to time. :flower: