PDA

View Full Version : what actresses or musical artists have awesome hair?

DollyDagger
August 31st, 2015, 11:13 AM
I know they oftentimes have wigs and extensions but whose seemingly authentic mane do you most admire,,>?

Since i just saw Brooke Shields on my tv ..i gotta say shes always had gorgeous hair!

I really love Lordes wild gypsy mane :) quite diverse than her contemporarys

Emilou Harris for rockin the silvers for so long!!!

eta-actress actor or musical artist

Johannah
August 31st, 2015, 11:17 AM
Drew Barrymorein in Ever After: A Cinderella Story (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7KZukgQIFQ).

parkmikii
August 31st, 2015, 11:17 AM
I really like Chiaki Kuriyama's hair. However I could never achieve such a sleek straight hair with my texture, but she looks gorgeous :)
Also Namie Amuro's hair..

TrapperCreekD
August 31st, 2015, 11:33 AM
Kimberly Schlapman from Little Big Town instantly came to mind. She generally keeps her hair pretty "short" but her curls are to die for! :thud:

*starts listing guys* .... wait, is this ladies only?

ETA: And Connie Britton!

DollyDagger
August 31st, 2015, 11:53 AM
Kimberly Schlapman from Little Big Town instantly came to mind. She generally keeps her hair pretty "short" but her curls are to die for! :thud:

*starts listing guys* .... wait, is this ladies only?

ETA: And Connie Britton!

Chiaki Kuriyama's..must google

Drew Barrymorein in Ever After: A Cinderella Story. .. gorgeous...i gotta watch this again!

2nd Connie Britton..awesome mane for sure!

ya guys too ...Robert Plant back in the day :) mane of an angel!

im gonna check out Kimberly Schlapman not familiar with her..

Nuala
August 31st, 2015, 11:55 AM
Sophie Marceau in Braveheart has lovely hair!

Twinkletoes21
August 31st, 2015, 12:11 PM
I love Kate Beckinsale's hair.

lapushka
August 31st, 2015, 12:53 PM
Sarah Jessica Parker, gorgeous curls!

MINAKO
August 31st, 2015, 01:27 PM
Olivia Hussey, Fan BingBing, Wen Xin, Yang Liping, Rowena Xi Kang, Devon Aoki and Angela Baby are some of my go to hair inspirations. But i have outgrown them all exept Yang Liping. Haha way to go!

meteor
August 31st, 2015, 01:50 PM
If wigs are acceptable, then I'd name:
Romy Schneider (Elisabeth) in Sissi movies
Sophie Marceau (Isabelle) in Braveheart
Holliday Grainger (Lucrezia) in The Borgias
Carice van Houten (Melisandre) in the Game of Thrones
...and lots and lots of others in pretty much any historical or fantasy movie :)

If we are talking only real hair on actresses and musicians, then:
Crystal Gayle (of course!)
Lisa Bonet
Sonam Kapoor
Julia Roberts (when she kept her hair red & curly)
Jane Seymour (around the times of Live and Let Die)
Olivia Hussey (around the times of Romeo and Juliet)

spidermom
August 31st, 2015, 06:23 PM
Crystal Gayle.
Cher in the 70s.

LongCurlyTress
August 31st, 2015, 06:29 PM
The singer Nicolette Larson
Julia Roberts when she was in Pretty Woman
Olvia Hussey in Romeo and Juliet
Crystal Gayle
All of the curly girls on the facebook page, Beautiful Girls, with Curly Hair
(I am a curly 3b girl so I am very partial to long haired curly people lol)

ETA And now I must go research meteor's list!! ;)

missc1115
August 31st, 2015, 06:45 PM
Aidan Turner, lovely curls on that man. I can't think of any women who haven't already been mentioned.

DollyDagger
August 31st, 2015, 07:27 PM
Awesome..have to agree with every single one mentioned!

a few more guys :rockerdud:love::wink: popped into my head while i was going for a little bikeride earlier

anthony kiedis- red hot chilli peppers early 90's

ian astbury- of the cult circa late 80's

in the sleek/shiny category

jim morrison-always loved his hair

curls of a Greek God

Frankenstein
August 31st, 2015, 07:34 PM
Stevie Nicks :)

DollyDagger
August 31st, 2015, 07:37 PM
^love love love her !

blue_eyes
August 31st, 2015, 07:39 PM
Amy Lee (of Evanescence)!! And Natalie Dormer in The Tudors (although it was mostly extensions). Hair envy x 1000000000!!!

DollyDagger
August 31st, 2015, 07:44 PM
Amy Lee (of Evanescence)!! And Natalie Dormer in The Tudors (although it was mostly extensions). Hair envy x 1000000000!!!

i think she had to shave half the side of her hair for hunger games..yikes! i only know her from that and of course from GOT..Amy had a great look! i love My immortal..cept it sometimes makes me :cry:

Jo Ann
August 31st, 2015, 07:51 PM
All back in the day: Kip Winger, David Coverdale and Roger Daltrey...

Mary Astor in the silent movie "Don Juan"...Ann Harding (1930's American movie actress) had the longest hair in Hollywood!

blue_eyes
August 31st, 2015, 08:00 PM
i think she had to shave half the side of her hair for hunger games..yikes! i only know her from that and of course from GOT..Amy had a great look! i love My immortal..cept it sometimes makes me :cry:

Yeah! Natalie did shave half her head, so brave. I'd never have the guts to do that. Her hair in The Tudors actually looks a lot like Amy Lee's. I guess that's my "hair crush" type.
Amy's My Immortal hair was so stunning, but I guess it's also stunning in all her other music videos as well. :P

DollyDagger
August 31st, 2015, 08:01 PM
All back in the day: Kip Winger, David Coverdale and Roger Daltrey...

Mary Astor in the silent movie "Don Juan"...Ann Harding (1930's American movie actress) had the longest hair in Hollywood!

really yeah...Roger Daltreys still got a great head of hair..!.especially considering he must be like 70 now! or close to it at least..
oldies but goodies back in the day-ers..

turtlelover
August 31st, 2015, 08:05 PM
I used to say Amanda Seyfried till she recently cut her hair off. :-(

DollyDagger
August 31st, 2015, 08:06 PM
aww..
hope she didnt regret it...i sure wouldve

DollyDagger
August 31st, 2015, 08:38 PM
Yeah! Natalie did shave half her head, so brave. I'd never have the guts to do that. Her hair in The Tudors actually looks a lot like Amy Lee's. I guess that's my "hair crush" type.
Amy's My Immortal hair was so stunning, but I guess it's also stunning in all her other music videos as well. :P

id tell the director to find a dang wig with a half-shaved head..:P
amys got those clear blue eyes with that dark hair.. looks so bewitching :)

Arctic
August 31st, 2015, 09:20 PM
Young(er) Alannis Morrisette (I hope I didn't spell badly incorrectly).

DollyDagger
August 31st, 2015, 09:51 PM
^whats wrong with the old(er) alaniss...
jk..
i know what you mean.
When "you oughta know" came out
she had those long long amazing headbanging curly locks..loved it!:rockerdud

Pinni
September 1st, 2015, 04:31 AM
Keri Russell at tv-serie Felicity.

DollyDagger
September 1st, 2015, 08:46 AM
Keri Russell at tv-serie Felicity.
Oh yes her curls were fantastic. It was sort of sad when she chopped them all off.

Carolyn
September 1st, 2015, 09:18 AM
I used to say Amanda Seyfried till she recently cut her hair off. :-(I think I'm going to be sick. I read that she donated to LoL.

LauraAlaina
September 1st, 2015, 12:54 PM
i always love blake lively's hair!

gthlvrmx
September 1st, 2015, 01:32 PM
Danny Cecati! I don't listen to his music really but I love his hair! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuolXNQZlF8

Remi
September 1st, 2015, 01:48 PM
I really love Alanis Morissette's video, 'Not as we'. And the song too. Her hair looks awesome and somehow, that song is very cathartic for me. Makes me tear up.

Carolyn
September 1st, 2015, 02:30 PM
Yes Blake Lively has wonderful hair. I can hair crush on her until Amanda grows her hair long again. I stopped watching Felicity when Keri Russell cut her hair. It was too painful to look at.

missblueeyes
September 1st, 2015, 02:58 PM
Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark in GoT). One of the only women in GoT who doesn't wear a wig on set.
Marco Hietala (Nightwish)
Cara Delevingne! If I would style my hair every day, I'd totally rock her style.
Ally Storch.. and of course: Liv Tyler. :crush:

meteor
September 1st, 2015, 02:59 PM

Wow, it looks like she donated to Locks of Love. Oh, I'm so confused right now: LoL website states that it can't accept any highlighted/bleached/dyed-over-bleach hair due to their manufacturing process, so I hope Amanda was aware. Also, they sell a lot of the hair they get anyway, unless they've changed their past practices... :hmm:

That said, she does look so amazing, shorter hair or longer! :applause

Caldonia Sun
September 1st, 2015, 07:16 PM
All that's been mentioned, yes. Farah Fawcett's lioness mane was gorgeous. Nicole Kidman in her younger years - those beautiful red curls. McPhee in her American Idol year.

blue_eyes
September 1st, 2015, 08:54 PM
Thought of some blondes I have serious hair envy of: Becki Newton (Amanda) in "Ugly Betty" (been a while since that show ended, and I still remember her fabulous hair), and Delta Goodrem (Australian singer) when her "Innocent Eyes" album came out like 10 years ago...that's also some gorgeous hair I'll never forget. :P

hinabelle
September 1st, 2015, 11:56 PM
Victoria Legrand of Beach House fame has been one of my hair crushes for years now. Googling
"Victoria Legrand hair" will show you her wavy, wurly, fluffy mouse-brown hair that I've always
admired! :crush:

Esperanza Spalding is a talented jazz bassist with a fantastic head of hair! Before I knew who she
was, I would see pictures of her and wonder what 60s hero she could possibly be, until I found out
she she's from this day and age! Her afro is phenomenal. :D

vega
September 2nd, 2015, 01:24 AM
Drew Barrymorein in Ever After: A Cinderella Story (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7KZukgQIFQ).
You do realize that drews hair for that movie was just extensions right.....

Sparklecake
September 2nd, 2015, 01:43 AM
I think Sophie Turner's hair is gorgeous, even if it isn't naturally red, its just beautiful.

StickToYourGuns
September 2nd, 2015, 02:05 AM
Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman in practical magic! Amazing hair! :D

RainbowBowser
September 2nd, 2015, 02:39 AM
The drummer from Malice Mizer, Kami. When he had super-long hair, it was long enough to sit on, so around classic? idk.

blue_eyes
September 2nd, 2015, 08:16 AM
Wow, how I forgot this is beyond me, but Kate Winslet in Titanic!! That was my dream hair for years, it still would be if it wasn't for the upkeep/damage. :P

truepeacenik
September 2nd, 2015, 08:57 AM
When I was growig up, most of my hair idols were male.

Like Geddy Lee, Morrison, I even tried to cut my hair like Randy Rhodes. Turns out my hair is more Rudy Sarzo.
Two of the Navarro family have fanfreaking-tastic hair.
Dave from Jane's Addiction/RHCP and Dan of Lowen and Navarro fame. Dan rocks curls. Never gone that long, but oh, the curls.

Donna Godchaux, a Grateful Dead member. Jeff Chimenti has nice silvering hair.

MandyBeth
September 2nd, 2015, 12:00 PM
Perttu and Eicca from Apocalyptica.
Pretty much all of Sabaton expect Joakim. And even then, I like his fuzzy lowhawk.
Marco from Nightwish.

Or just go look at Scandinavian metal music.

purrmonsterr
September 2nd, 2015, 12:24 PM
Robin Wright Penn in The Princess Bride. That hair is what made me fall in love with long hair!

DollyDagger
September 2nd, 2015, 12:25 PM
Excellent nominations keep coming!

I had to add how much I used to admire the Brady Bunch Girls back in the day!

Marcia Marcia Marcia
Jan
and Cindy

blue_eyes
September 2nd, 2015, 01:12 PM
Marco from Nightwish.
Or just go look at Scandinavian metal music.

Tarja of Nightwish (back in the day when she was still their singer)! I think I recall her having hip length hair at one point, maybe it was waist, but either way it was stunning!
Sharon Den Adel of Within Temptation has beautiful hair as well. As does Simone Simons of Epica, she looks like a natural redhead, I was floored when I found out it wasn't her natural color.

Oh, and Catherine Zeta Jones in Zorro!!

Jadestorm
September 2nd, 2015, 01:21 PM
I looooved Keri Russel's hair as it was in the period when she starred in the Bon Jovi 'Always' videoclip. :crush:

Hairkay
September 2nd, 2015, 02:00 PM
I like the look of these ones hairstyles

SZA, singer in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXDOcZLmrKU

and Janelle Monaé

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPFgBCUBMYk

I like big hair.

DollyDagger
September 2nd, 2015, 02:17 PM
I like the look of these ones hairstyles

SZA, singer in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXDOcZLmrKU

and Janelle Monaé

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPFgBCUBMYk

I like big hair.

oh nice I hadnt seen Janelle with this hairdo... looks amazing!

MINAKO
September 2nd, 2015, 04:50 PM
http://bardadim.photo/home/portfolio/wataru-shimosato/

I'm following this guy on insta and his hair is growing twice as fast as my own, its also thicker and naturally straight. At least he could offer me his shoulder to cry about it and pity myself, lol. :3

valkyrje
September 2nd, 2015, 04:54 PM
I don't know if you've already mentioned her, but Jessica Chastain has a beautiful mane! http://www.hairstylelover.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Jessica-Chastain-Hairstyles-With-Hair-Color-Formula-2015.jpg

DumpsterGhost
September 2nd, 2015, 04:59 PM
I think Janelle Monae has fabulous hair!

door72067
September 3rd, 2015, 10:53 AM
Candice Night (Blackmore's Night)

https://www.google.com/search?q=candice+night&biw=1536&bih=719&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMI38GFr6nbxwIVijo-Ch21lQ1c

I thought she had extensions, but came across a blog entry where she talked about always having long hair, how she cares for it (almost benign neglect), that her waves are brushed out braid waves and the color is (mostly) natural

http://www.candiceblackmore.com/betweenus_archives/betweenus_04_2003.html

DollyDagger
September 3rd, 2015, 01:20 PM
Eddie Veder circa Ten album

Swan Maiden
September 3rd, 2015, 02:31 PM
The musical group Mediaeval Baebes has an awesome cover to the album Undrentide.

Azy
September 3rd, 2015, 03:34 PM
Hmmmm, I'd have to say Fan Bingbing and Jennifer Freeman.

DweamGoiL
September 3rd, 2015, 08:05 PM
Portia de Rossi before she started cutting it. It's still pretty, but back then, it was glorious! Salma Hayek, Shakira, and Sofia Vergara also just gorgeous!!!

MINAKO
September 4th, 2015, 10:25 AM
I forgot about Bea Hayden and Xinyuan Zhang.

DweamGoiL
September 4th, 2015, 09:50 PM
Many of the Indian actresses like Lakshmi Rai:

http://media.santabanta.com/wall2009/indiancelebrities%28f%29/lakshmi%20rai/480x640/lakshmi-rai-8541.jpg

3dgfan
September 5th, 2015, 02:25 AM
I love Kate Beckinsale's hair.

Yes! I always wanted her hair. I also like Emily Blunt's hair and Lily Collins'.

martyna_22
September 5th, 2015, 02:32 AM
I don't see Nina Dobrev mentioned here. She may have been the most important inspiration to grow back in the day :D

MINAKO
September 5th, 2015, 05:15 AM
Many of the Indian actresses like Lakshmi Rai:

http://media.santabanta.com/wall2009/indiancelebrities%28f%29/lakshmi%20rai/480x640/lakshmi-rai-8541.jpg

Oh my... How gorgeous is she?! Reminds me of Ameera Al Tawel, even prettier with that soft shade of brown on her.