PDA

View Full Version : What is good for my ends?

Princessmom77
August 30th, 2015, 11:12 PM
My hair is finally long after 3 years of trying to stop dying etc. I haven't dyed my hair since early Spring. But what can I do for my ends? My hair grew so much this year and I don't want to ruin it. My hair is naturally wavy, I hardly blow dry it straight anymore. Maybe once every two weeks. Here are photos of when it is blow dryer straight. I ran out of coconut oil, I do use argon oil for frizz
thanks!

http://i62.tinypic.com/2mpwu85.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/1jux08.jpg

Jo Ann
August 30th, 2015, 11:27 PM
I use a cocoanut oil serum on my hair after I wash it; argan oil within two days after it dries. My ends just soak it up!

I'd say that, if your ends are happy, keep doing what you're doing; if not, possibly argan oil every day/every other day?

Princessmom77
August 31st, 2015, 08:12 AM
I wash my hair every 2 days, I found a photo of my hair from last December and it has changed so much! My hair was about little past apl. I did buy some leave in conditioner spray I think the infusion 23 I think it called, but I don't like it much. Coconut oil is my fav.

rowie
August 31st, 2015, 08:57 AM
Beautiful hair you have! Love the color!:blossom:. I personally think if you love putting virgin coconut oil on your ends then keep it up. I think a lot of oils can help the thirst of the ends. For me, once I've slathered my ends with my favorite oil I generally will keep it contained in a bun after I've done so in my daily routine. Perhaps you can further protect your ends by keeping it contained in an updo throughout the day if possible. Buns I find are the best at protecting my ends, but if you don't like buns maybe French braids, Gibson tucks and all sorts of updos you can have fun exploring and trying. I find the longer my hair gets, updos (buns or some other form or updo styles) become an essential practice I do everyday because the ends as they age more will need more protection besides products we can provide it. Happy growing!

Johannah
August 31st, 2015, 12:17 PM
Have you tried heavy pre-shampoo oilings?

luxurioushair
September 1st, 2015, 05:34 AM
Argan oil is all you need and you already have it

Princessmom77
September 1st, 2015, 10:59 AM
I wear my hair in regular braid throughout the day it keeps my hair nice and curly. Or leave it in pony tail.
I wanted to darker my hair a bit with a semi perm dye but I'm scared lol my roots are around 3 inches.
Thanks for advice!
What you mean by pre oil shampoo? I would leave coconut oil on all night and wash in morning.
I do love these packets they sale it's a leave in conditioner of Moroccan conditioner by hask and their is even better one Walgreens sales, and it very good. I need to go get more coconut oil.

Anyone use almond oil?

DollyDagger
September 1st, 2015, 06:43 PM
New good beginnings :)
and of course all the aforementioned. Have you tried washing less often or even CO washing?

Clarkie
September 1st, 2015, 06:47 PM
Check out Nightblooming's Etsy store. Her Panacea hair salve has made a world of difference to my ends. My hair just soaks it up overnight and I don't have to wash anything out in the morning. :)

Deborah
September 1st, 2015, 10:27 PM
My ends are mostly fine, but when they feel a little dry I stroke on a teeny bit of shea nut butter before I wash it. This leaves the ends feeling great.

Princessmom77
September 2nd, 2015, 08:23 AM
http://i59.tinypic.com/90uget.jpg

Here my hair this morning after being washed last night and slept in a loose braid that came out and I brushed it

Princessmom77
September 2nd, 2015, 08:23 AM
I will check that out! Once my here is WSL I will trim it to be more one length

Princessmom77
September 2nd, 2015, 08:42 AM
What is co ?

DollyDagger
September 2nd, 2015, 11:42 AM
What is co ?
CO stands for conditioner only washing.
There is more about it here http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=2898

Jadestorm
September 2nd, 2015, 01:13 PM
I mist my hair ends with demineralized water and seal the water in with a leave in. My favorite for my ends is R&B by Lush. I also REALLY love Ultra Doux reconstructive serum. Though that's especially for the ends, I put it all over my hair. ;) I use argan oil for my ends regularly too.

Princessmom77
September 3rd, 2015, 08:23 AM
Cool thanks!

Arctic
September 3rd, 2015, 09:19 AM
Pre-shapoo oiling is, when you oil your hair (often heavily), let it sit for some time (often few hours to over night), and then wash the oil off with your normal washing routine.

Your ends don't look bad to me, but they are quite layered. You could look into regular micro trimming to keep them in good shape and cut they dyed hair slowly off, and also hair friendly updos, which would help preserve your ends. Braids and ponytails don't protect your ends at all, and your hair is long enough to rub and get caught into things, which can lead to damage over time.

Princessmom77
September 4th, 2015, 04:24 PM
Yes I am trying to grow my layers out

I put a light blonde over my hair for 25 minutes I just didn't like the roots and didn't want to keep dying hair

http://i60.tinypic.com/vde3nm.jpg