PDA

View Full Version : ultimate hairtoy you would design

DollyDagger
August 30th, 2015, 04:42 PM
If you had any material in the whole wide world at your disposal and could design and make the ultimate hairtoy for your hair what would it be..how would it look..what would you make it out of...
:)

ETA: 1 Fantasy 1 more realistic

parkmikii
August 30th, 2015, 04:46 PM
Hmm, probably a bun cage. It would be from steeling silver, all wire wrapped with swirls and with an emerald or amethyst stone. It would also have a stick to go through it made of sterling silver and the top if the stick will have the top wire wrapped again with some emerald or amethyst tiny beads.
I am not too good at expressing my ideas and I don't know if what I said makes any sense :)

lapushka
August 30th, 2015, 05:00 PM
Any material in the world? I think yellow gold (18 or 24 carat), white gold or platinum, and a 2-prong fork with a gorgeous stone in it.

DollyDagger
August 30th, 2015, 05:05 PM
Any material in the world? I think yellow gold (18 or 24 carat), white gold or platinum, and a 2-prong fork with a gorgeous stone in it.
..yes that way it wouldnt ever rust..you could choose your birthstone or a diamond :) :sun: stunning it would be

Hmm, probably a bun cage. It would be from steeling silver, all wire wrapped with swirls and with an emerald or amethyst stone. It would also have a stick to go through it made of sterling silver and the top if the stick will have the top wire wrapped again with some emerald or amethyst tiny beads.
I am not too good at expressing my ideas and I don't know if what I said makes any sense :)

sounds great very regal fit for a queen :queen:

MoreAutumnForMe
August 30th, 2015, 05:08 PM
What a great thread idea!

It's kind of nerdy but I would make a fork the exact color of my hair :)

lapushka
August 30th, 2015, 05:16 PM
..yes that way it wouldnt ever rust..you could choose your birthstone or a diamond :) :sun: stunning it would be

Well if I can dream, I think I'd go for a nice subtle diamond setting, maybe with three stones.

DollyDagger
August 30th, 2015, 05:18 PM
What a great thread idea!

It's kind of nerdy but I would make a fork the exact color of my hair :)
you could make it out of your hair..petrified in resin ...hows that for a match...:) no i wouldnt do that though...i wouldnt like my hair trapped in resin..im weird and superstitious about things like that.

Nadine <3
August 30th, 2015, 05:19 PM
I would make mine like a transformer so the toy changes depending on my mood. I could pick up the toy and it would morph to suit my needs at that moment.

Probably not very logical, a shape shifting hair toy lol

DollyDagger
August 30th, 2015, 05:20 PM
Well if I can dream, I think I'd go for a nice subtle diamond setting, maybe with three stones.

sure -dream away ...why not :)

DollyDagger
August 30th, 2015, 05:22 PM
I would make mine like a transformer so the toy changes depending on my mood. I could pick up the toy and it would morph to suit my needs at that moment.

Probably not very logical, a shape shifting hair toy lol
haha..thats funny..mood stone hair toy...if your angry steam starts coming out of it..heheh

meteor
August 30th, 2015, 05:23 PM
I would definitely go for something historic. Maybe a replica of some Viking hair stick or a hair pin from Ancient Rome...

Heck, could probably get a massive crown, too - why can't it count as a "hair-toy"? :rollin:

Also, maybe a computer device in a fork or something spy-like, some deadly weapon that works like a nondescript hair-toy would be pretty cool to design, too! :hmm:

Nadine <3
August 30th, 2015, 05:24 PM
haha..thats funny..mood stone hair toy...if your angry steam starts coming out of it..heheh

Yes, and turns bright red! When I'm lonely it will turn into a pretty little parrot that talks to me.

DollyDagger
August 30th, 2015, 05:25 PM
mine would take into account first function (cause i need it to protect these somewhat fragile strands extremely well) it would be super comfy..and never pull ...and would be ultra hair freindly..probably with some kind of slippy yet grippy material on the inside so it would hold the hair but be super gentle...probably a natural material ...still thinking of the other particulars though :)

Nadine <3
August 30th, 2015, 05:25 PM
I would definitely go for something historic. Maybe a replica of some Viking hair stick or a hair pin from Ancient Rome...

Heck, could probably get a massive crown, too - why can't it count as a "hair-toy"? :rollin:

Also, maybe a computer device in a fork or something spy-like, some deadly weapon that works like a nondescript hair-toy would be pretty cool to design, too! :hmm:

A hair toy that turns into a light saber?

DollyDagger
August 30th, 2015, 05:27 PM
Yes, and turns bright red! When I'm lonely it will turn into a pretty little parrot that talks to me.
lol...lets make an actual parrot hair toy..anyone got an extra cocatoo...it would last long..those buggers live for ages..just train it not to pooop on your head and your set..lol

DollyDagger
August 30th, 2015, 05:28 PM

like a james bond/inspector gadget type hair toy..lol..nice

vpatt
August 30th, 2015, 05:29 PM

I like your ideas, Nadine, sounds like fun.

Nadine <3
August 30th, 2015, 05:33 PM
lol...lets make an actual parrot hair toy..anyone got an extra cocatoo...it would last long..those buggers live for ages..just train it not to pooop on your head and your set..lol

Yes a parrot that can fly behind me and hold my hair! Perfect.

MoreAutumnForMe
August 30th, 2015, 05:37 PM

I never considered weapon toys :smirk:

you could make it out of your hair..petrified in resin ...hows that for a match...:) no i wouldnt do that though...i wouldnt like my hair trapped in resin..im weird and superstitious about things like that.

Oh my goodness, ambered hair :love:

What's the superstition? Is it bad luck to keep your hair? My Irish half needs to know :blueeek:

meteor
August 30th, 2015, 05:39 PM

Yes, exactly! :agree: There are some real hair-sticks that are extra-sharp out there. :)

And there is a whole thread on hairtoy weaponry (lots of sword sticks) over at the Conventional Products LHC board.

like a james bond/inspector gadget type hair toy..lol..nice

Yup, that's exactly what I had in mind, something Q would approve of! :D I'm looking through the list of James Bond gadgets (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_James_Bond_gadgets) right now. :lol:

snowbear1005
August 30th, 2015, 05:49 PM
A flexi type clip made of white gold with pearls and pink opals.

DollyDagger
August 30th, 2015, 06:15 PM
Yes a parrot that can fly behind me and hold my hair! Perfect.

lol..yeah put that lil bugger to work ..:)

I never considered weapon toys :smirk:

Oh my goodness, ambered hair :love:

What's the superstition? Is it bad luck to keep your hair? My Irish half needs to know :blueeek:

i dunno..lol ...just in my mind..maybe one too many voodoo/magic scenes in movies..they always use hair clippings. Just the thought of it being stuck forever in the reason kinda creeps me out.

Yes, exactly! :agree: There are some real hair-sticks that are extra-sharp out there. :)

And there is a whole thread on hairtoy weaponry (lots of sword sticks) over at the Conventional Products LHC board.

Yup, that's exactly what I had in mind, something Q would approve of! :D I'm looking through the list of James Bond gadgets (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_James_Bond_gadgets) right now. :lol:

definitely some kind of laser or explosive would be involved.:)

DollyDagger
August 30th, 2015, 06:18 PM
A flexi type clip made of white gold with pearls and pink opals.

that sounds very pretty..you know out of all the hair toys ive tried so far... i havent tried that many mind you...i gotta say that my flexis are the most comfy feeling :) !

missrandie
August 30th, 2015, 06:38 PM
I would invent a hair toy that was self leveling in all aspects. Meaning, it leveled itself (or canted itself to the exact angle you wanted), and also leveled the bun on the head. Every bun made with said hair toy would feel nearly weightless and perfectly balanced for maximum comfort and correct posture.

In a separate vein, I would make a clear stick that turned the wearer's aura color.

The other one I would make would be coated in a color changing material- like is in mood rings, except even more temperature sensitive, so as to have more coolor variation. Ooh, or a turned acrylic with LED's embedded so it glows or changes color- but in a very subtle way.

DollyDagger
August 30th, 2015, 06:52 PM
I would invent a hair toy that was self leveling in all aspects. Meaning, it leveled itself (or canted itself to the exact angle you wanted), and also leveled the bun on the head. Every bun made with said hair toy would feel nearly weightless and perfectly balanced for maximum comfort and correct posture.

In a separate vein, I would make a clear stick that turned the wearer's aura color.

The other one I would make would be coated in a color changing material- like is in mood rings, except even more temperature sensitive, so as to have more coolor variation. Ooh, or a turned acrylic with LED's embedded so it glows or changes color- but in a very subtle way.

awesome ideas.. :) the led one could change according to the ambient lighting! .. the self leveling weightless greater especially for these super extreme length folks..:thumbsup:

MINAKO
August 30th, 2015, 07:02 PM
I would go for a white jade hairfork with some silver details, kinda art deco inspired simple design..

AutobotsAttack
August 30th, 2015, 07:06 PM
I would carve a very nice wide tooth comb from Gohper wood. Just carve out the comb design and sand it down to be however smooth I want.

And I would also make a spider bun holder that clamps open and covers my entire bun for protection. I'd probably make that out of copper or some nice sterling silver. I would take a round base and the sauder the smaller long pieces to the outside circumference making it look like a spider.

Now that I think of it I would use copper since it's not so heavy on my head

meteor
August 30th, 2015, 07:12 PM
I would carve a very nice wide tooth comb from Gohper wood. Just carve out the comb design and sand it down to be however smooth I want.

And I would also make a spider bun holder that clamps open and covers my entire bun for protection. I'd probably make that out of copper or some nice sterling silver. I would take a round base and the sauder the smaller long pieces to the outside circumference making it look like a spider.

That's really cool! :thumbsup:

I really love the spider idea, and I think it's really doable! :applause

Check out this spider-web bronze bun cage: https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/209417100/bronze-spider-web-bun-cover?ref=market

I really wish hair-toy makers could check out this thread, because it sure has some amazing ideas for them to try! :thud:
Awesome ideas, guys! :applause

mindwiped
August 30th, 2015, 07:15 PM
mine would take into account first function (cause i need it to protect these somewhat fragile strands extremely well) it would be super comfy..and never pull ...and would be ultra hair freindly..probably with some kind of slippy yet grippy material on the inside so it would hold the hair but be super gentle...probably a natural material ...still thinking of the other particulars though :)

The perfect migraine updo. Firm, no pulling, not hot, out of my eyes.

For non migraine moments, super cute, and coordinates with everything I own.

DollyDagger
August 30th, 2015, 07:23 PM
I would go for a white jade hairfork with some silver details, kinda art deco inspired simple design..

sounds beautifuly elegant and functional..i love art deco style..lots of exotic material mixed together..

sounds great..gohper wood..i gotta look that up never heard of it..me too most important aspect would be for protection ..custom sized bun holder hey it could even be expandable for when hair grows and bun gets bigger:)

woodswanderer
August 30th, 2015, 07:32 PM
A hair stick that, when twisted at the top, would push out some very small rubbery nubs that would prevent the stick from ever sliding out of a bun until the top was twisted the opposite direction to retract them. Maybe the nubs would be wood instead of rubber....not sure.

MoonMaiden
August 30th, 2015, 07:34 PM
If I could make one that would be anything i wanted.. it would have two side clips that have diamonds along the edges, made of either silver of white gold , both combs would b connected by lots of chains. (I love my hair chains) lol, with a few chains that are not attached together more dangling like and had tear drop diamonds hanging off :P pretty princess XD

DollyDagger
August 30th, 2015, 08:01 PM
A hair stick that, when twisted at the top, would push out some very small rubbery nubs that would prevent the stick from ever sliding out of a bun until the top was twisted the opposite direction to retract them. Maybe the nubs would be wood instead of rubber....not sure.

nice...necessity is the mother of all invention eh..:) Im sure it would be well received!

If I could make one that would be anything i wanted.. it would have two side clips that have diamonds along the edges, made of either silver of white gold , both combs would b connected by lots of chains. (I love my hair chains) lol, with a few chains that are not attached together more dangling like and had tear drop diamonds hanging off :P pretty princess XD

sounds gorgeous.. you have hair chains..? what are those like..theyd tangle in my hair like mad .:)

MoonMaiden
August 30th, 2015, 08:09 PM
sounds gorgeous.. you have hair chains..? what are those like..theyd tangle in my hair like mad .:)[/QUOTE]

i love them i wear them all the time. i usually put my hair in a bun and then wear them under the bun. Ive seen them being sold many places for 12 or more but if you go on ebay they are so cheap 1 or 2 dollars. :)

lisasca
August 30th, 2015, 08:24 PM
I'd make something similar to the hair bunjii (https://tresses.wordpress.com/2007/05/04/bunjiis/), but straight with a loop at the end, rather than having a circle. That way you could just wrap it around your hair, rather than having to slide it up your hair at all. I'd probably make it in a colour close to my own hair colour.

CurlyCap
August 30th, 2015, 08:56 PM
A magical hair toy that detangled without disrupting curl pattern and also magically snipped 2mm above SSK or split ends...all while flowing through my hair as easily as water.

DollyDagger
August 30th, 2015, 09:00 PM
I'd make something similar to the hair bunjii (https://tresses.wordpress.com/2007/05/04/bunjiis/), but straight with a loop at the end, rather than having a circle. That way you could just wrap it around your hair, rather than having to slide it up your hair at all. I'd probably make it in a colour close to my own hair colour.

A magical hair toy that detangled without disrupting curl pattern and also magically snipped 2mm above SSK or split ends...all while flowing through my hair as easily as water.

ahh yes...magical qualities to render hair virtually indestructable

meteor
August 30th, 2015, 09:05 PM

Lisasca, you might want to check out this hair elastic hack: it's for turning a hair elastic into a bit of a bungee with a loop. ;)
DIY hair hack: make your hair elastic hair-friendly with a button: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=132760

^ :agree: Yes, that would be sooooo awesome! :cloud9:

trolleypup
August 30th, 2015, 10:01 PM
My sights aren't set very high at the moment, essentially a sterling silver version of the hollow stainless steel chopsticks I use now, just more evenly finished. It is just far enough down my to do list that it isn't happening.

ravenreed
August 30th, 2015, 10:24 PM
Something with an anti-gravity feature so that when my head or neck are aching the weight of my hair doesn't make it worse!

restless
August 31st, 2015, 02:46 AM
Id love to see a completely clear acrylic hair fork :)

lapushka
August 31st, 2015, 03:05 AM
Ugh, I was being so classic and uninventive. My mind just went to "engagement ring but in a fork", I guess. :p

Alf
August 31st, 2015, 04:05 AM
A clear hair fork (or sticks) filled with water and glitter, like a snow globe. :)

proo
August 31st, 2015, 05:28 AM
Braid end tassel covers/holders with artificial hair (same color as mine) which hold the end and completely cover the tassel

I actually did try to make these. . Still workin it out

restless
August 31st, 2015, 05:44 AM
A clear hair fork (or sticks) filled with water and glitter, like a snow globe. :)

This sounds beautiful! :)

lisasca
August 31st, 2015, 08:05 AM
Lisasca, you might want to check out this hair elastic hack: it's for turning a hair elastic into a bit of a bungee with a loop. ;)
DIY hair hack: make your hair elastic hair-friendly with a button: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=132760

Thanks meteor. I tried this attaching two hair elastics to one button and it seems to do what I wanted, although I didn't realise how much the really small hair elastics I have stretched since I never use them.

DollyDagger
August 31st, 2015, 09:01 AM
My sights aren't set very high at the moment, essentially a sterling silver version of the hollow stainless steel chopsticks I use now, just more evenly finished. It is just far enough down my to do list that it isn't happening.
high enough ...that sounds beautiful..and actually doable..hehe :)

Something with an anti-gravity feature so that when my head or neck are aching the weight of my hair doesn't make it worse!
Lol..hope to one day know the feeling of a heavy bun ;) This one too would be well received.

I bet this ones available!

Ugh, I was being so classic and uninventive. My mind just went to "engagement ring but in a fork", I guess. :p
Not at all..classic is always classic and timeless..plus it matches your classic hair! :)

wicked idea and doable too.. watch someone doesnt steal it..patent it quick! :)

Braid end tassel covers/holders with artificial hair (same color as mine) which hold the end and completely cover the tassel

I actually did try to make these. . Still workin it out
Hmm..maybe youll get it eventually ..dont give up :)

restless
August 31st, 2015, 10:29 AM
I bet this ones available!

Yeah I hope so! :) Wouldnt it be great; a 3-prong, slightly curved, crystal clear fork... :crush: I just cant seem to find one though. Maybe I should ask in the swap board next month (Ive spent far too much money on hair toys for now...).

chen bao jun
September 1st, 2015, 02:34 AM
Yeah I hope so! :) Wouldnt it be great; a 3-prong, slightly curved, crystal clear fork... :crush: I just cant seem to find one though. Maybe I should ask in the swap board next month (Ive spent far too much money on hair toys for now...).

Try Crockett Mountain, I'm sure I've seen them there.

chen bao jun
September 1st, 2015, 02:40 AM
I would go for an art deco styled comb like the one in my siggy, only with real diamonds and sapphires. Probably in platinum--at least the part that held the jewls. I don't know if actual platinum is hairsafe, nor am I likely to ever find out, lol

Of course I would make it so that it actually held up thick hair, instead of just being decorative--the one in my siggy doesn't hold my hair at all, even in that half up, which is really held by hair pins.

It is Bella's comb from the Twilight movie, the wedding one--haven't actually seen the movie but I love art deco so I bought the knock off on ebay.

I'd also like something in real tortoise, that wouldn't endanger the species--now that would be magic--

restless
September 1st, 2015, 03:56 AM
Try Crockett Mountain, I'm sure I've seen them there.

Thank you so much for the tips, chen bao jun :)

eve nightfall
September 1st, 2015, 06:07 AM

Here it is. In the sold section of her shop you can see more.
She takes costum orders ;)
acrylic 3 prong (http://de.dawanda.com/product/85458387-reserviert-fuer-bratzina)

Freija
September 1st, 2015, 07:18 AM
Ohhhh, something beautiful and intricate and Art Nouveau, in rose-gold and plique a jour, but very lightweight (maybe a lighter material plated with gold?). Like a Lalique comb, but with tines designed to be strong enough and long enough to hold my hair by itself.

mindwiped
September 1st, 2015, 08:10 PM
I'd also like something in real tortoise, that wouldn't endanger the species--now that would be magic--

Maybe try looking for an antique? I know it hurt the turtle, but that way you're not encouraging anyone to kill a still living turtle. It's a grey area, and you'd have to be the final judge of what your conscience can condone

restless
September 2nd, 2015, 09:01 AM
Here it is. In the sold section of her shop you can see more.
She takes costum orders ;)
acrylic 3 prong (http://de.dawanda.com/product/85458387-reserviert-fuer-bratzina)

Oh look at that! Its perfect. Thank you so much for the link! :)

Naunnie
September 2nd, 2015, 08:04 PM
Wow! ya'll's ideas are so creative! I'm gonna have to think on this one. I did make my self giggle thinking about the 'parrot" idea. Diving into that fantasy, I imagined a hair toy that had my back! I'm really not the paranoid type but I'm not crazy about strangers touching my hair. My crazy fantasy toy...something motion activated, that would pop out....growl, hiss, squawk, etc that would scare the poo out of someone, when they reached out to touch my hair! Okay, now I'm gonna go think about the pretty stuff. :wigtongue

DollyDagger
September 2nd, 2015, 08:12 PM
Wow! ya'll's ideas are so creative! I'm gonna have to think on this one. I did make my self giggle thinking about the 'parrot" idea. Diving into that fantasy, I imagined a hair toy that had my back! I'm really not the paranoid type but I'm not crazy about strangers touching my hair. My crazy fantasy toy...something motion activated, that would pop out....growl, hiss, squawk, etc that would scare the poo out of someone, when they reached out to touch my hair! Okay, now I'm gonna go think about the pretty stuff. :wigtongue
Lol ...good one. I'm so jumpy and easy to startle Id have a heart attack ..hehe