PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I'm new here!

MissBella
August 27th, 2015, 04:13 PM
Good evening! I am new to the forums... I really hope to be able to use what I learn here to grow my hair long. I love having long hair, in theory... but in reality, when my hair gets to my shoulders, it gets damaged and wispy, and looks terrible. I never make it much past APL before I chop it again, because it looks so bad. I admit that I've been bad about highlights, hot irons, and blowdrying... and it creates this vicious cycle of hating my unhealthy hair because it looks so bad, so I torture it to look better, damaging it more! My hair is very fine, and prone to damage.

I have vowed to spend the next year making some better habits (in all areas of my life) so my hair is on the list, as well.

I am a self-employed married mom of four boys, so life is hectic... and that contributes a lot to me putting myself last, and not taking good care of my hair. I am hoping to get support here that will enable me to change that. Thanks to everyone in advance. :)

Groovy Granny
August 27th, 2015, 04:26 PM
I Bella ~ glad you joined us!
You will find support and inspiration here!
Happy growing :)

MissBella
August 27th, 2015, 04:54 PM
Thanks! :)

bitsybaby
August 27th, 2015, 05:15 PM
Hi, I'm new as well to the LHC! But not so new at growing my hair. Wish you luck in your hair growing adventure! :)

DollyDagger
August 27th, 2015, 07:41 PM
welcome Bella ..:) im sure with the help and support you will find here..your hair goals can be achieved.

lapushka
August 28th, 2015, 08:45 AM
Welcome! :)

First, ditch the heat if you can. Blowdrying is still okay, if you must (on cool to warm - if you can hold your hand in the airstream without it burning, it is okay) but the flat iron or curling iron, if you could do without that, that would be awesome!

MissBella
August 29th, 2015, 11:10 AM
Thanks, I'm definitely working on cutting back on heat styling. I plan on doing some deep conditioning treatments and vitamins too. Right now my hair is just past chin length, but my goal is mid back.