PDA

View Full Version : For those who have reached their hair goals..

LauraAlaina
August 25th, 2015, 04:16 PM
When you finally reach your hair goal, what do you do? Do you stay at that length or do you set a new length goal longer? Do you chop it off and start over? Do you just maintain your length?:blossom:

Frankenstein
August 25th, 2015, 04:48 PM
I never actually had a hair goal, I just wanted it to grow to very long lengths. Now, however, my goal is to maintain at hip/BCL which isn't as exciting as growing was... Sometimes I'm tempted to do a big chop and start over just for the fun of it :p

DollyDagger
August 25th, 2015, 04:51 PM
I never actually had a hair goal, I just wanted it to grow to very long lengths. Now, however, my goal is to maintain at hip/BCL which isn't as exciting as growing was... Sometimes I'm tempted to do a big chop and start over just for the fun of it :p
noooooooooooooo....lol..:) there are some who do it. I suspect it must grow so fast for them though. Yikes..i can see going a little shorter but long lengths to pixie?!..oh boy...

rhosyn_du
August 25th, 2015, 04:58 PM
I maintained for about a year at fingertip, which was my original goal, got tired of it, and chopped it off. It was short for about two years, and now I'm growing it out again. This time, I'm going to do it without henna. I like my hair both long and short, and I enjoy the growing process, so it's worked out pretty well for me.

snowbear1005
August 25th, 2015, 05:04 PM
I've never made it to my goal, but I have friends who have grown their hair really long then cut it off to donate to Locks of Love. Then they start all over and do it again. :)

Teazel
August 25th, 2015, 06:01 PM
When you finally reach your hair goal, what do you do? Do you stay at that length or do you set a new length goal longer? Do you chop it off and start over? Do you just maintain your length?:blossom:

I have done all of the above. :) Stayed at Classic a long while, then decided to grow longer. Maintained at Knee, waiting for the hem to thicken up. Onward to Ankle, and as soon as that goal was reached cut back to Knee. And thence back to Classic, which is where I am now. It's getting longer again....

AspenSong
August 25th, 2015, 06:04 PM
I just changed goals...haha. My original goal was TBL -once I got there I changed it to Classic and then Knee. Now that I'm at knee I'm trying to decide on keeping it here for a while and maintaining to see if my ends will thicken a bit, or just going for Terminal and seeing where it takes me.

EdG
August 25th, 2015, 06:06 PM
My goal was terminal, which is a steady-state between growing and shedding. There is nothing more to do once one reaches terminal. :)
Ed

DollyDagger
August 25th, 2015, 06:06 PM
I have done all of the above. :) Stayed at Classic a long while, then decided to grow longer. Maintained at Knee, waiting for the hem to thicken up. Onward to Ankle, and as soon as that goal was reached cut back to Knee. And thence back to Classic, which is where I am now. It's getting longer again....

spectacular at every length im sure..love your colours :) the warm and cool tones interplay is stunning.

Teazel
August 25th, 2015, 06:09 PM
Thank you, DollyDagger! :)

rowie
August 25th, 2015, 07:02 PM
I haven't reached my goal yet, but hopefully in a couple of months more. :pray: At this point, I have it in my mind that I want to maintain at my goal length to work on thickening the ends before progressing on to the next milestone because up til now all I've been doing is growing non stop, and I feel like I need a break from it and just maintain for awhile for a change.

I'm not sure I want to grow longer than my goal of classic, but being an LHC member, I know I have to keep an open mind for any possibilities of growing longer. I know now I have to give myself a fair chance to see how much I can take before deciding on a length I can truly be happy with. But then again based on the responses in this thread it will all be situational and dependent on my future lifestyle which will help me determine what length I'll want to be. Maybe.......

mira-chan
August 25th, 2015, 07:24 PM
I reached my goal a few years ago now. I've been maintaining to increase thickness at the ends. Once that's done I will let it grow to at least fingertip as for longer, I'll see.

yahirwaO.o
August 25th, 2015, 07:40 PM
My goal is sort of archived now. Pretty awful scalp cleavage from an accident early on has grown and its fairly cover with new pretty hair. Now im just trimming to thicken my whole lenght and get super full thick APL-BSL lenght hair (aka triangale head for some, I like it on me) for another year, so far it looks just fantastic, fuller and its pretty versatile.

I had archived classic lenght in the past and was ok for me. It was both good and bad in my case. That nice flowy feeling down the back and having a super long braid is great, but my hair likes to fairy tail a lot and im just not keen on having long octopus stringy hair.

...im thinking of growing maybe mid back to waist when taper is gone (or something close to it), well see!:cool:

Quixii
August 25th, 2015, 07:44 PM
I'm mostly just continuing to ignore it. I think I'm going to let it grow some and then cut it back to knee later, hopefully with a slightly thicker hemline. Or not. :shrug: I'm really not worried about it. I feel very go-with-the-flow about my hair, especially after hitting goal length.

Groovy Granny
August 25th, 2015, 08:40 PM
I am very close to goal (WL) and should be solidly there when my hair is dry in a few months.
I plan to stay there...if I go a bit beyond so be it; Hip on me is only a few inches away, and I plan to stay above it for ease of management and maintain thickness.
I do my own trims with Feye's method http://feyeselftrim.livejournal.com/
It is so easy and error free if you just trim a bit at a time.

lunalocks
August 25th, 2015, 09:07 PM
Every time I set a goal, and make it, I then make another, longer goal. This time, I really DO think I'll stop at FTL and thicken up. But who knows. I've said it before at waist, and hip, and classic. And knee is awfully appealing...

teddygirl
August 25th, 2015, 09:13 PM
My goal was only hip. Once I got there, I didn't love it. I waited till I was past hip and ended up cutting back to waist. It's really where I prefer it. Have maintained since.

Agnes Hannah
August 26th, 2015, 09:32 AM
My goal was waist when I first joined LHC, then when I reached waist I decided to try for tailbone. I am almost at BCL, another inch or so to grow. When I get there, I will probably think about classic.....

Ephemia
August 26th, 2015, 09:32 AM
I've reached my childhood goal, which was knee length. I'm now at upper or mid calf length (I'm not sure!) and I'm not really sure what my goal length is. Perhaps lower calf, perhaps ankle, perhaps floor, perhaps I'll even decide to discover my terminal? The one thing I'm not going to do is cut it.

At present, my goal is more to gain thickness than length. I'm removing all my split ends, which I've nearly done, and then I'll probably start microtrimming or maintaining.

ravenreed
August 26th, 2015, 09:42 AM
When I first got here I think my goal was TB. I hit that and my goal became classic, or long enough to wrap a braid completely around my head. I hit that, and decided to see how much longer I could get before my hair stopped being enjoyable. The answer for me is fingertip. So now I hover between classic and fingertip, depending on how aggressively I trim.

Amenahh
August 26th, 2015, 09:47 AM
The longest my hair has ever been was waist length.
I'm 5'8'' and it looked quite long, although nothing compared to what I keep reading from you ladies! Super impressive hair in this forum! :)

Once I got it to waist length, I cut it to bob, because it was pretty damaged, from too much dye.
Since then, it has been many styles, and I cut it bob again a few months ago.

Now my new goal is waist length again! :D My hair is shoulder length now, so I think it will take me around 2 years.
I don't have very thick hair, which is why shorter haircuts look nice on me. I've started using henna though, and I will try to really take care of it this time, so hopefully it will look nice once it reaches my desired length. If so, I might maintain it.

harpgal
August 26th, 2015, 01:02 PM
Well, there is a story to be told. For many years, I maintained at waist length. My hubby is my hairdresser, so he trims my hair every 3 months. One day, I noticed it was longer than waist. It was at tailbone length! Said I, "my hair certainly is longer than it used to be; what happened?" The only answer I received was a big smile. Hmmm....

So, I stayed at waist until I found the LHC and was blown away by all the beautiful tresses around here. I learned how to measure my hair and from then on I was a total crazy person trying to gain more length. First is was 40 inches, and from there it was classic (44 inches). At classic length, I relaxed and decided I knew how to do a few updos and I liked this particular length on me.

Then the "bug" bit again. I slooowly went through the "no-man's land" of thigh length. What a long journey that was! Finally, I reached knee and oh, what a relief! I maintained at knee for about 3 years, just to see what would happen. My hem became a little bit thicker so onward I have gone. Today, I am nearing lower calf and am about 6 inches from ankle. I still have a hemline but it has tapered out, especially from classic, down.

At this time, I only have it down when I comb out and re-braid in the mornings. I enjoy wrapping a braid around my head (twice), so along with trims every 3 months, I just keep on, keeping on.

It truly is amazing how your priorities change with each milestone achieved. Those days of wearing my hair free and loose are pretty much over (unless I go back to classic) and my updos bring more happiness. I have not had short hair for 40 years and I do not have plans to ever go back.

parkmikii
August 26th, 2015, 01:19 PM
My goal was waist when I first joined LHC, then when I reached waist I decided to try for tailbone. I am almost at BCL, another inch or so to grow. When I get there, I will probably think about classic.....

Growing long hair is addicting, isn't it? The same happened to me as well, though I'm just a tiny past hip now.

Seeshami
August 26th, 2015, 02:12 PM
My goals don't matter we are just letting his highness do what he wants.

The Naughty Mess says, "No you're not, the universe is still here and I have yet to destroy it."

Okay fine I am letting his highness think he believes that he thinks he is allowed to do what he wants.

The Naughty Mess says, "I can read."

Good for you Mess I am so proud of you! You learned to read!

MoreAutumnForMe
August 26th, 2015, 04:23 PM
Good for you Mess I am so proud of you! You learned to read!

Haha :) In that case, hello, Your Highness :bow:

And Teazel, I second DollyDagger - how beautiful :heartbeat all of the shiny amber and white streaks are just breathtaking!

I've changed my mind about my goal length. It was Classic, but knowing me it would get snagged, pinched and sat on, so now my goal is Hip Length, which is not far away! I plan on maintaining but I'm prepared for the very real possibility of getting bit by LHC's long-hair bug :hmm:

There are no big chops in my future - I've had a couple really short hairstyles before, plus crazy colors, and now I want long pretty hair for the rest of my life.

I'll still have the challenge of trial and error with hair care techniques to find what makes my hair healthiest, learning and perfecting updos, and of course, don't forget a lifetime of collecting hairtoys ahead of me :o

Seeshami
August 26th, 2015, 06:03 PM
The Naughty Mess says, "I have always been able to read she's just a brat. And hello."

I do believe that this website is like a long hair gate way enablement. You start with one goal and end up longer.

harpgal
August 26th, 2015, 07:51 PM
...I do believe that this website is like a long hair gate way enablement. You start with one goal and end up longer.
Haha! So true!

Kherome
August 26th, 2015, 10:22 PM
My goal was Classic. I've maintained at or just beyond Classic for a couple of years now. No real interest in longer. It's a pain already!

LongCurlyTress
August 27th, 2015, 01:02 PM
Wow! I really enjoyed reading everyone's hair growing journey on this thread!! Thank you all for sharing so much! Very motivating to hear other's hair-growing stories!! ;)
I did a big chop to a chin lengthbob (15in.) 3b curlygirl hair in March, 2011. Let's just say that I had to get rid of the brassy dyed apl? length that had grown out to chin length. Anyways, here I am at almost TBL (33.5inches/36in. is TBL) when the length is brushed out. My 3b hair is presenting itself with alot of tangling and shedding at this length, but I think I need to rethink some of my hair care techniques and that will help out. My first main goal is classic length at 41 inches. It helps to only be 5'2" tall!! Not sure how long I will grow to after classic since my hair is alot to handle already at TBL. ;) Love how my length wraps around my back. Just love this and it makes me feel so feminine. Grow on! :blossom:

lapushka
August 27th, 2015, 01:40 PM
I'm going to be classic length (at my goal) next week, on September 1st. I will be no-trimming for the rest of the year. But at the end, I will be trimming back to a different layering technique, back to about classic, I think. Then I'm back in for a year of no-trimming. So I'm cutting back a bit, and growing on.

LongCurlyTress
August 27th, 2015, 09:19 PM
Congratulations Lapushka! You have worked a long time to achieve this classic goal length. Yay!! How exciting!! This really IS a big deal!! You are officially an extreeeeme hair length gal now! LOL!! ;):thud: I won't be there at classic for maybe one and half or two more years... I can't wait!! :magic:

endlessly
August 27th, 2015, 09:30 PM
My goal was always classic length because I felt that at least by then, my hair would finally seem long enough to me. I've reached it a few times, but in the past, my hair has been damaged due to dye and heat damage, so I always made the decision to cut it in order for it to grow healthier (I've never cut any shorter than hip). Now, my hair is the healthiest it's ever been and I just surpassed classic length again after having it cut to hip in March - thank goodness for being so short, it doesn't take long to reach that length at all! I think I'll just continue to maintain and even up the ends whenever they start looking wispy, but after growing it nearly to knee (very uneven ends due to a botched haircut several years ago), I have no desire to grow it that long again. So, I'm in the "maintenance club".

Sarahlabyrinth
August 27th, 2015, 10:47 PM
Wow, congratulations Lapushka! Reaching Classic is such an amazing milestone. I hope you love being there - I still have several inches to go :) but hoping to make it.

lapushka
August 28th, 2015, 08:36 AM
Congratulations Lapushka! You have worked a long time to achieve this classic goal length. Yay!! How exciting!! This really IS a big deal!! You are officially an extreeeeme hair length gal now! LOL!! ;):thud: I won't be there at classic for maybe one and half or two more years... I can't wait!! :magic:

Yeah it took 10 years, the first few were spent experimenting with all sorts of dyes, bleach, henna, perms and disaster. :lol: Had to cut back to chin twice, so the last time (with a chemical cut & burn) was the final straw. It can be done, you just have to pick and choose what you think is more important, length or "experimenting".

lapushka
August 28th, 2015, 08:37 AM
Wow, congratulations Lapushka! Reaching Classic is such an amazing milestone. I hope you love being there - I still have several inches to go :) but hoping to make it.

Thanks so much. You'll make it, for sure!

Johannah
August 28th, 2015, 09:11 AM
I'll probably reach my goal of 36" at the end of this year, maybe a bit earlier if I'm lucky. I'll definitely maintain for a thicker hemline and my grown-out bangs. Then I'll probably be teaching myself a lot of hairstyles including braids and maybe henna a part of my hair.

Groovy Granny
August 28th, 2015, 10:37 AM
I'm going to be classic length (at my goal) next week, on September 1st. I will be no-trimming for the rest of the year. But at the end, I will be trimming back to a different layering technique, back to about classic, I think. Then I'm back in for a year of no-trimming. So I'm cutting back a bit, and growing on.
Congratulations ~ it looks so pretty:thumbsup:

Yeah it took 10 years, the first few were spent experimenting with all sorts of dyes, bleach, henna, perms and disaster. :lol: Had to cut back to chin twice, so the last time (with a chemical cut & burn) was the final straw. It can be done, you just have to pick and choose what you think is more important, length or "experimenting".

Thanks for all your support and inspiration the past 2 years ~ it has been a great help to me in reaching my goals (reaching my final goal by Christmas) :blossom:

lapushka
August 28th, 2015, 03:24 PM
Congratulations ~ it looks so pretty:thumbsup:

Aw, thank you so much, GG! :D

Groovy Granny
August 28th, 2015, 06:34 PM
Aw, thank you so much, GG! :D

:thumbsup: It's the truth ;)

MoreAutumnForMe
August 28th, 2015, 08:14 PM
(reaching my final goal by Christmas) :blossom:

Wow, good for you!!! :happydance:

Kat
August 28th, 2015, 09:00 PM
I think my original goal was waist. Then I went for classic. After that I thought, "what the hell. Let's fine out what terminal length is." Some of that, I'm sure, may have been due to me being lazy about getting trims and as it went on, I figured it might as well keep going.

Terminal finally seemed to perhaps be just below knee length for me (when it was wet, I could feel the ends slapping the backs of my calves, but dry and unweighed-down, it was a bit less). I got tired of it being that long, decided to maintain at classic for a while. Maybe even that was too long, so I've been keeping it at hip length (point of my hipbone) since, and I like it so far. I wouldn't want it any shorter, and I admit an extra couple inches would make one of my usual styles a bit easier, but I like it at this length when it's down.

Somewhere between hip and classic is where I cross the line that makes random strangers start wanting to talk to me about my hair, so when I start getting annoying comments, that's a reminder and a good incentive to get it cut again (since I tend to be a bit lazy about having it cut and I don't have any sort of schedule I stick to-- it usually comes out somewhere between when I think of doing it, and when I actually get around to having it done). :)

oOoMilkTeaoOo
August 28th, 2015, 09:09 PM
Wanted it at waist, reached waist, and letting it grow out a little :)

nicolezoie
August 28th, 2015, 11:13 PM
My only real goal was waist length, which I reached at 17. Then, I wanted what was left of my bangs evened out. Then, when I gave up on that, the long-layers that had developed into breakage tiers I wanted evened out. And, here I am, many years later and many inches longer, and I just want my hair to really be more or less one length. I just trimmed 8 or so inches off, from Floor +5" to just about ankle, and it seems that cut has done some good towards that goal. The thing that baffles me more than anything is that my hair still wants to get longer. At this stage, I think I'm encountering more breakage than I used to, but it's not quite even yet. It reached Floor about 3 years ago, and collectively I've cut about 20" off (6, 6, and 8 inch trims over the past 3 years) since then, so who knows. At least right now I can walk with it loose and not have to bend my chin forward to not step on it when walking.

MoreAutumnForMe
August 29th, 2015, 09:00 AM
nicolezoie, wow that's amazing :heartbeat

magicatt
August 29th, 2015, 03:55 PM
My original goal was classic but I always held a secret wish for fingertip length. Sadly, that is not what my hair will do. I can only go about as far as upper behind and it tends to fairytale at that point pretty badly--which does not look good on me as my hair is very fine and thins out way too much. When I finally realized that no matter how careful I was and no matter now hard I wanted it to grow, my hair really was at terminal length, I started trimming it back a bit to give it a nicer hemline. I've been lazily maintaining tailbone for about seven years now. Realizing that I wasn't really going to get more length, I set my mind to learning as many styles that work with my current length and to finding the hair toys that work best. I also gave up some of the hair toys I acquired in the growing years, thinking I would surely grow into them, and discovered the joys of some very short/small hair toys that will work for me as I don't really have thickness to worry about.

Caraid♫
August 29th, 2015, 05:56 PM
woah congrats lapushka!! Time/length really flies!!

I got to my original goal of tbl, cut back to bsl and am starting over from there but with better ends theis time! I was originally growing out damaged hair. While I was able to gradually cut away the damage while growing, I never felt my ends were very great. Now I've cut back so far in one blow that they are now really damage free so hopefully I can keep them that way while growing again! :)

LongCurlyTress
August 30th, 2015, 10:36 AM

No experimenting here at all! Love my products and haircomb so I am good to grow!! ;) Keeping it simple... ;)

I got to my original goal of tbl, cut back to bsl and am starting over from there but with better ends theis time! I was originally growing out damaged hair. While I was able to gradually cut away the damage while growing, I never felt my ends were very great. Now I've cut back so far in one blow that they are now really damage free so hopefully I can keep them that way while growing again! :)

Well, I wish you the best of healthy growing luck Caraid!! Oil those ends!! ;) It will grow!! :knit:

Groovy Granny
August 30th, 2015, 01:57 PM
Wow, good for you!!! :happydance:
Thank you...it is a great place to be; 2 years ago it seemed so far away and almost impossible lol
With all your inspiration, guidance, and support it is now just weeks away :cheer:

Lippytoes
August 30th, 2015, 02:19 PM
I had a goal of getting to classic at least once. When I'd achieved that (around a year ago I think? Can't remember exactly :D *is a bad LHC-er*), I cut it to hip or so. Last spring it had grown back to a bit past tailbone so I cut it back to hip; a couple of weeks ago it had grown back to tailbone again, so I did something more "drastic" and cut it to a bit past waist. ...And of course, no one has noticed because to them it's still long, so what's 15cm here or there? :D

Anyway, I feel like once I got past classic once - and realising that my hair was nowhere near terminal so I could've kept growing, but decided not to because it was becoming a hassle - I've relaxed about it. My hair grows fast and is healthy, so I feel OK about cutting it a bit shorter once in a while. I think around hip to tailbone is my ideal length, though. I sometimes toy with the thought of cutting short hair, but I think that in the end I love updos and braids too much to do that. Waist is probably the shortest I'll go.

tentaclecat
August 30th, 2015, 05:09 PM
I wanted terminal length, hoping it would be somewhere around my knees. Then I developed a thyroid disorder and my hair is terribly thin, but still holding at 'sit on' length, just below classic. I chop it back to the waist every now and again, and it grows out there and stops. Guess that's my new terminal length?

lapushka
August 30th, 2015, 05:13 PM

Thanks so much, Caraid! You went back to BSL from TBL. I seem to have totally missed that part. I thought you were still at TBL! Happy growing!!! :D

That's the best thing to do, LongCurlyTress, adopt a simple routine and stick to it. :) Experimenting can do dangerous things to your hair.

meteor
August 30th, 2015, 05:32 PM
I just changed goals...haha. My original goal was TBL -once I got there I changed it to Classic and then Knee. Now that I'm at knee I'm trying to decide on keeping it here for a while and maintaining to see if my ends will thicken a bit, or just going for Terminal and seeing where it takes me.

I definitely relate to changing, ever-growing goals. :agree:

I've reached my original goal of Classic some time ago, but even before I got there, I decided to switch my goal to Knee+ or maybe Terminal, depending on how I like it at that point. :)

And I think the reason it's easy to go for longer and longer goals is because longer hair is actually pretty easy to manage and style quickly. Also, the LHC is a veeeeery enabling place. The more long manes you see, the more you feel like: "Hey, why not? I might want to grow to that length, too!" ;)

*ReiKa*
September 18th, 2015, 04:19 PM
I reached my goal, TBL, a few months ago and very unexpectedly... I got it trimmed just a month after reaching it. Not because it needed it, not because I was due a trim: I walked into my favourite salon and asked for a trim. Simple and incredible as that.
I wouldn't have believed it if someone had told me.
Me? trimming my TBL hair just weeks after reaching the milestone?! Naaah, not even the slightest possible!
Well, life is full of surprises. And some coming from yourself.
Didn't trim a lot, I went back to BCL, but still, I wouldn't have even dreamed of doing that before.
Now my hair is crawling towards TBL again and don't know what to do.
I wear my hair down a lot and feel like anything beyond BCL is just so much of a hassle to wear down.
Sometimes instead I fancy to at least try to get to classic and almost get convinced.
But then I look in the mirror with all my hair spread in the front and think that it's just a bad idea cos it's already too long and it's already fortunate the fact that I can manage to tolerate BCL/TBL hair that is mostly worn loose.
I don't know what I 'll do.... it's a mystery...

Groovy Granny
October 14th, 2015, 02:59 PM
I called goal ~ waist (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=133313&page=39&p=3101895&viewfull=1#post3101895) today :happydance:

ReadingRenee
October 14th, 2015, 04:06 PM
I called goal ~ waist (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=133313&page=39&p=3101895&viewfull=1#post3101895) today :happydance:

Congratulations Groovy Granny! What a great feeling that must be. :)

I reached my goal of waist shortly after my second child was born. Unfortunately with a baby and postpartum shedding I just wasn't able to pay attention /take care of/ appreciate my hair when it was that long and I chopped it to chin. I haven't made it back yet but hopefully this time when I make it to waist I will keep it there and enjoy my hard work. :)

MsPharaohMoan
October 14th, 2015, 04:18 PM
Make a new hair goal! Ultimate goal is classic because I want a killer long braid but it's funner to set smaller goals.

Groovy Granny
October 14th, 2015, 05:25 PM
Congratulations Groovy Granny! What a great feeling that must be. :)

I reached my goal of waist shortly after my second child was born. Unfortunately with a baby and postpartum shedding I just wasn't able to pay attention /take care of/ appreciate my hair when it was that long and I chopped it to chin. I haven't made it back yet but hopefully this time when I make it to waist I will keep it there and enjoy my hard work. :)
Thank you ...I am thrilled :)

Knowing all you do now, and having been there once....you'll get there again!
Enjoy each stage :flower:

Make a new hair goal! .

My goal now is to use a different hair toy every day, and to learn/master new styles :)
Plus when I start trims in December, I may play with the hemline a bit.

GrowingGlory
October 14th, 2015, 05:53 PM
I've reached my goal of terminal length several times. This is the first time that I really didn't need a haircut for at least six months afterward. I refined my routine each time that my hair progressed toward my goal. Now it is streamlined and ultra-simple.

Zesty
October 14th, 2015, 06:41 PM
I hit TBL (original goal) at a most inopportune period of turmoil and got it cut to just below shoulder. I do wish I hadn't gotten it cut quite so short, but I can't complain about the blunt one-length hemline that I started out with this time around. Now my new goal is classic, for various reasons. :)

Loveisaverb
October 14th, 2015, 06:54 PM
I ended up being like a inch or so away from my original hair goal of a little bit past hip length and then just chopped it all off and dyed my hair. My reasoning was I wanted to look better when I grew out my hair again. My minimum hair length now is waist and I'm not sure yet how long I want to grow my hair now.

browneyedsusan
October 15th, 2015, 04:38 AM
My first goal was shoulder--as long as most women my age around here. Then, it moved to APL, since I'd never had hair that long before. Now, it's an experiment: How long can I grow it before it gets on my last nerve? Time will tell! :)