View Full Version : Look at this hair!!

PalomaSincera
August 25th, 2015, 12:45 AM
https://youtu.be/eG4NxpilvGw

That hair ^^^^^ :applause:popcorn::thud::thud::thud::thud:

I need :wail:

Also, where do I find an aloe vera plant?!!

Hypnotica
August 25th, 2015, 01:08 AM

A garden/plant store should have those plants. Or you can buy Aloe Vera gel, I have found one that is 99,6% pure and it seems to be working well.

Naunnie
August 25th, 2015, 01:24 AM
Thanks for the link. Her hair is beautiful! This is a treatment I could do right now! Aloe Vera plants are easily found...at least in my area. Not sure where in "Earth" you live but for most of us, they are considered an indoor plants because they like warmer temps. I see them at bigger grocery stores, Lowes, Home Depot and of course just about any garden stores. It's really easy to grow organically. The happier it is, the bigger the leaves, the more juice you can harvest. I keep several pots going at a time.

PalomaSincera
August 25th, 2015, 01:31 AM
Thanks for the tips guys. I'm going to see if I can find a garden store tomorrow. I alredy looked at home depot and Walmart and no luck.

LiiAme
August 25th, 2015, 01:34 AM
Her hair is so amazing! Stunning! :thudpile: I really want to try this - I've done green tea rinses before, but not with aloe in it yet :)

gustavonut
August 25th, 2015, 01:49 AM

Haha yes, I knew it was gonna be her. :applause I love her channel. She does a lot of amaazing treatments that I need to try eventually.. And you can find an aloe plant at most, if not every garden center like Hypnotica said. If you don't have those then look at. Just search around! Took me a while to find my baby aloe. But its growing strong imo. Good luck. :3

elea
August 25th, 2015, 06:33 AM
That is indeed HAIR. Oh wow lush! *:O)

Aloe vera.... damn, I could give you cuttings.
But, they are easy to find and do travel well if there isn't any at your friend's, local plant shop, garden center etc...; you can always do a search online and get them delivered or sent by post office parcel.

Calypso
August 26th, 2015, 03:32 PM
Gorgeous hair! The recipe looks good too, I'll definitely be trying that. :) She seems to have lots of good videos showing her hair experiments!

quirkybookworm
August 26th, 2015, 03:44 PM
Wow, her hair is so shiny. :thud: Thank you for sharing - I will definitely be watching her videos.

AspenSong
August 26th, 2015, 03:47 PM
That is some great hair. Gah....I'm so jealous!!!

Funny enough I have an aloe plant in my window and I keep forgetting to use it for hair stuff. Aloe is always a great "gel" for me, just forget about it. Might need to whip up a concoction!

spidermom
August 26th, 2015, 03:55 PM
Oh my goodness, just when I thought I was finished with experiments.

I have had a hard time growing aloe vera in the past. It either shrivels up and dies or rots right where the upper plant meets the root.

meteor
August 26th, 2015, 03:57 PM
I've always liked this vlogger. :D She has some great videos (especially some DIY oil mixes and heat-free styling) and yes, her hair is so stunning!! :applause

Seeshami
August 26th, 2015, 04:03 PM
Oh my goodness, just when I thought I was finished with experiments.

I have had a hard time growing aloe vera in the past. It either shrivels up and dies or rots right where the upper plant meets the root.

Me too AspenSong makes fun of me

AspenSong
August 26th, 2015, 04:28 PM
I just don't know how you kill Aloe unless it's a bad plant or you over water. I will admit, mine that I got last year as a gift, hasn't been the best aloe I've had. I periodically have leaves get some ick at the bottom and they aren't over watered, so I don't know what that's about. But I also grew up with a mother who was a plant killer, however we had like aloe plants like freakin' bushes in the house! Kept having to re-pot parts of it into new pots because there was so much. We couldn't kill the aloe plant. If you tried, 100 new plants would appear overnight.

This thread made me go pluck my two biggest leaves and mush the guts up with some oils and condish though and slap it on my hair and wrap it up. :)

Seeshami
August 26th, 2015, 04:44 PM
When you come up to get your purple in your hair help me go buy an aloe and make it happy. I want one. They are cute like cactus.

We should get some cactus too. I want and inside baby cactus garden of cuteness

meteor
August 26th, 2015, 05:27 PM
I just don't know how you kill Aloe unless it's a bad plant or you over water. I will admit, mine that I got last year as a gift, hasn't been the best aloe I've had. I periodically have leaves get some ick at the bottom and they aren't over watered, so I don't know what that's about. But I also grew up with a mother who was a plant killer, however we had like aloe plants like freakin' bushes in the house! Kept having to re-pot parts of it into new pots because there was so much. We couldn't kill the aloe plant. If you tried, 100 new plants would appear overnight.

This thread made me go pluck my two biggest leaves and mush the guts up with some oils and condish though and slap it on my hair and wrap it up. :)

*raises hand in shame* :oops: I'm an aloe killer. :oops:
I know they are super sturdy plants... but yeah, all aloe shall come from bottles for me from now on. :lol:

I'm not a huge fan of using the aloe from plant on hair (because the fibers tend to stick to hair, and it's hard for me to rinse it out completely and there are some texture issues unless it's well-blended), but it's certainly amazing on skin. :D

Seeshami
August 26th, 2015, 05:29 PM
I think aloe is not hardy and people who can grow it just tell people who cannot grow it that it is so they can poke fun at them

meteor
August 26th, 2015, 05:38 PM
^ He-he, maybe! :lol: I love that idea of a baby cactus garden, too! :thumbsup: They are the cutest plants!

Seeshami
August 26th, 2015, 05:42 PM
SO FLUFFY! and stabby and fluffy I just love them

elea
August 27th, 2015, 03:39 AM
Aloe,
It looks like a succulent but it it does not like to be cared like one.
It does better not in direct sunlight (on the side of a window or away from it does best).
It likes regular watering but very little. Basically, let it dry, water the top layer of soil only, wait till it dries and so on.
It likes being pot bound and in very poor soil. The less it has space to grow... the more it will grow.
It's a weirdo *;O)
I hope it helps.

meteor
August 27th, 2015, 05:02 PM
Aloe,
It looks like a succulent but it it does not like to be cared like one.
It does better not in direct sunlight (on the side of a window or away from it does best).
It likes regular watering but very little. Basically, let it dry, water the top layer of soil only, wait till it dries and so on.
It likes being pot bound and in very poor soil. The less it has space to grow... the more it will grow.
It's a weirdo *;O)
I hope it helps.

It does, actually! :thumbsup: Thanks a bunch, elea! :flower: The "benign neglect" care is somewhat counter-intuitive but quite logical, given how these plants grow in nature. :)

missrandie
August 27th, 2015, 05:26 PM
Maybe aloe would be one plant I can't kill.. kind of like my transplanted cactus.

The cactus came from 8500 ft elevation and growing between rocks down to about 3700 ft and poor-ish prairie soil. You would think I gave it steroids for how big it has grown. It's a ball cactus that started out the size of a softball and is now nearly the size of a soccer ball. And it blooms pink!

anyway, I think I should get an aloe plant too. And not leave it on the balcony.

ravenreed
August 27th, 2015, 05:50 PM
A word of warning for those of us with latex allergies, Aloe Vera contains natural latex. I have a ridiculously prolific aloe vera that I am unable to actually use. I just enjoy it for it's spiky green glory.

ETA: My aloe vera was purchased as a small plant from Walgreens about 10 years ago. It is now around five feet tall. I keep it in cactus soil, water it approximately every three days, and repot it at least once a year because it grows over the edge of the pot and the pot starts to tip over. I pull it out, hack off the root, let it sit a day or two to scab over, and then sit it right back on the cactus soil. I usually throw away all the babies. This year it even put up a flower stalk, even though it lives half the year indoors in indirect light, and the other half on my north-facing, shade covered porch. I have a herd of succulents that I put out on the porch when it is warm enough, but have to bring inside in the fall so they don't freeze. I call it the annual migration of the succulents. Oh, the only other thing I do for my succulents is I give them coffee grounds. They really like it.

Seeshami
August 27th, 2015, 06:56 PM
I would take an aloe baby if you need to find homes for them. I will probably murder it anyways

mindwiped
August 28th, 2015, 02:22 AM
http://www.craftberrybush.com/2014/07/cactus-made-of-painted-rocks-a-childrens-craft.html

A cactus garden nobody can kill! If ti helps I've killed aloe, cacti...you name it. The cats help by either digging them up or eating them to death.

meteor
August 28th, 2015, 11:34 AM
Wow, ravenreed! :bowtome: You have quite a green thumb! :thumbsup:

Mindwiped, I love that garden! :applause Such a great idea! :D

PalomaSincera
August 28th, 2015, 11:39 AM
OH... i'm allergic to it.