PDA

View Full Version : Fringe ideas?

dogzdinner
August 23rd, 2015, 09:44 AM
Anybody got any suggestions for what to do with fringes/bangs as they are growing out??
After realiesing that I like the way my hair is going white around the hairline (including one awesome fat white streak Ive had since childhood which is normally hidden by my fringe) Ive decided to try and go without a forehead warmer!:)
Its only lip length at the moment and Im coming up to that very annoying stage where you find yourself reaching for the scissors....

Anybody got any ideas for ways to get through the awkward stages??

Nique1202
August 23rd, 2015, 10:15 AM
The shortest part of mine is just above the tip of my nose, and so far I've just been reshaping it to make it frame my face better as it grows. Eventually I'm going to cut the amount of hair in it in half or so, and just keep some thin pieces at the front around chin length to stay out of updos, so I'm not getting rid of mine entirely, but at least until I get where I want to be I can keep it to what I think is the most flattering, you know? Then it's not such a temptation to cut it back up to my forehead.

Just don't trust anyone else's evaluation of what's flattering or not. Do what you think looks best on your head and your face with your hair texture. :agree:

missblueeyes
August 23rd, 2015, 10:25 AM
Just pin it back with some bobby pins or try lace braids. Mine are a little longer than chin length right now. I'd keep them as a face frame but the bangs used to be way too thick for that to work out now.

spidermom
August 23rd, 2015, 11:23 AM
Head band, hair slide, lace braid from ear to ear across the top (start at one ear, braid across top down to other ear). I find the hair slide holds my bangs back better if I first gel them kind of to one side and back, hold with bobby pins until gel full dries, then remove bobby pins and slide the hair slide across them to desired position. I do that most often to hold my bangs because it's quick and easy.

Seeshami
August 23rd, 2015, 11:37 AM
I use the smallest flexi8s to pin them but i maintain face framing layers.

lapushka
August 23rd, 2015, 01:34 PM
Seconding the headbands! They are the nicest thing to hold them back with - with ease.

dogzdinner
August 23rd, 2015, 07:41 PM
Hmmmm...might try headbands and practising my lace braiding! It looks abit severe if I clip them back at the mo and sadly I cant pull off 'face framing layers'. I just wind up with an up do and weird sticky out bits of hair around my face instead!

Groovy Granny
August 23rd, 2015, 10:51 PM
I got thin head bands from 'threddies' on Etsy....they have an awesome selection of all kinds for cheap prices.
Sometimes I would comb them back, make a poof and secure it with a barrette too.

lapushka
August 24th, 2015, 04:02 AM
Yes, like GG suggested, "the poof". Awesome style! All you need is a claw clip or some bobby pins.

missrandie
August 24th, 2015, 11:59 AM
I wear "the pouf/poof" every day now. Much better for me than headbands. In fact, it may remain as my bang alternative permanently to keep some softness around my face.