View Full Version : Holistichabits hair growth!

LauraAlaina
August 22nd, 2015, 05:32 PM
Hey I found a really great Youtube video on haircare & growing hair out tips!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sc-8HadeSE

Totally agreed with all of her statements, I've never heard of MSM supplements though, Does anyone use these?

(btw, her hair is AMAZING!)

missrandie
August 22nd, 2015, 08:52 PM
I've seen a lot of people on here using MSM.. I almost bought some at GNC the other day.

hennalonghair
August 22nd, 2015, 09:21 PM
It has sulphur in it and is suppose to extend the terminal length stage of growth but you have to keep taking it or all the hair that would have shed will shed at once.
That's why eating onions and onion juice on scalp helps hair growth. It's the sulphur
it will also clear up dandruff, SD and any other scalp related issues from the inside out effectively.

AutobotsAttack
August 23rd, 2015, 12:02 AM
Hey I found a really great Youtube video on haircare & growing hair out tips!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sc-8HadeSE

Totally agreed with all of her statements, I've never heard of MSM supplements though, Does anyone use these?

(btw, her hair is AMAZING!)

MSM is a sulfur,mineral, and vitamin mixture. I heard it's really good. Have yet to try but I'm tempted to get up and drive to Walgreens and get some this very second lol

missblueeyes
August 23rd, 2015, 03:22 AM
I watched that video half a year or so after joining TLHC and from what I remember her tips are very similar to what we do here in the forum. She even mentions protective styling. :) I have to agree that her hair is absolutely beautiful.
The only point where I don't really agree with her is the health supplements. I'd rather have a well-balanced diet than having to take pills every morning.

lapushka
August 23rd, 2015, 06:56 AM
The only point where I don't really agree with her is the health supplements. I'd rather have a well-balanced diet than having to take pills every morning.

I'm with you on that. I've known about her channel for quite some time and been subbed to her for ages. I don't agree with her lifestyle and choices, but her hair and DIYs on it are amazing.

ChloeDharma
August 23rd, 2015, 09:15 AM
I remember watching that video and having a thud moment when I saw her braid thickness. I like her advice, not too involved that it becomes hard to maintain. The MSM is one I keep meaning to take but I always forget, not just for hair growth but joint health too. I'm not as anti supplements as some people though and from what I understand soil depletion from over farming reduces the amount of certain nutrients available to us so it may be a case of needing to supplement even with a generally healthy diet.

missblueeyes
August 23rd, 2015, 09:33 AM
Well, I used to take a hair supplement and it was honestly a complete waste of money. I'd only take supplements if my doctor told me I'd need them, which is why I'll take Vit. D drops during autumn and winter from now on.
I'm not anti-supplement at all. If you need them, please, go for it. I'm just anti-wasting money. ;)