PDA

View Full Version : Howdy!

Naunnie
August 22nd, 2015, 03:42 PM
I've been a guest off and on for over a year. I decided it was past time for me to join so I could say Thank you!

I grew up in a family of beauticians in the 60's. Unfortunately, I seemed to be their favorite little "Guinea Pig"! I think I was about 9 years old when I finally got brave enough to say "No" to them! :boxer: I have been letting my red locks grow ever since.

My length is about mid thigh but it's not something I'm proud of. I haven't really taken good care of my hair all these years. Thanks to ya'll, I've started thinking about my hair differently. Honestly, with the grey coming in, I thought I was too old to have long hair. I told the family I was going to cut it off to look more my age and well...that did not go over well! My children (both grown) said they would be "devastated" and so would the grandchildren! My Husband, of 35 years, said "please don't". I had no idea my hair was important to them! Needless to say, I was prompted to learn how to embrace my locks and take better care of them.

To sum this intro up, I remembered I used Henna way back in my 20's. I started researching and found Medandi's site which led me to their forum, Henna for Hair. The first time a read a post that mentioned "Long hair community" I just couldn't believe it! I jumped right on over and started lurking. Now, I'm a member! :happydance:

I thank you and my hair really thanks all of you! :toast:

lapushka
August 22nd, 2015, 03:51 PM
Welcome! There's a silver thread around here somewhere... as well as quite a few henna threads!

Arctic
August 22nd, 2015, 03:55 PM
Welcome! Long hair is age appropriate as long as the person loves it! No need to cut when we age. However I hope you are sure you want to keep your hair long for you, rather than for others, it is not theirs to decide what you do with your hair.

lapis_lazuli
August 22nd, 2015, 04:28 PM
Wow, mid thigh length! :D That's amazing! I hope to get there within the next year. Welcome! :blossom:

Groovy Granny
August 22nd, 2015, 06:10 PM
Welcome :)
Wow...that is awesome; please DON'T cut it!
There is a 'salt and pepper' thread here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=16951).
At least you have support in your family; mine could care less (except hubby) lol
I hope you enjoy the forum as much as I do!

Naunnie
August 22nd, 2015, 07:59 PM
Thank you for the welcomes!

Ah! Artic, You're sweet to be concerned. I guess I didn't explain myself very well. I've always loved my long hair. I wouldn't be me without it!! I was called an "ole hippie" by my Granddaughters friends and that got me to thinking about a different style. I promise, it was a fleeting thought! I am an "ole hippie" and proud of it! Anyway, it means a lot to me that my family loves my long hair too!

I do not have any plans to cut it now. Just gonna take care of better than I ever have.

Groovy Granny
August 22nd, 2015, 08:56 PM
Thank you for the welcomes!

Ah! Artic, You're sweet to be concerned. I guess I didn't explain myself very well. I've always loved my long hair. I wouldn't be me without it!! I was called an "ole hippie" by my Granddaughters friends and that got me to thinking about a different style. I promise, it was a fleeting thought! I am an "ole hippie" and proud of it! Anyway, it means a lot to me that my family loves my long hair too!

I do not have any plans to cut it now. Just gonna take care of better than I ever have.

Glad to have another 'ole hippie' here ;)

cadencesday
August 22nd, 2015, 09:07 PM
I'm a new member that has been lurking around for awhile. I finally joined this month. I had a bad hair year last couple years Because I never died my hair until I was 32 so it changed my normal hair care routine and texture. Due to the damage I quit messing with dye and my hair finally grew in healthy again. I think my boys would be angry if I cut my hair too.