PDA

View Full Version : Maca for hair growth?

parkmikii
August 22nd, 2015, 11:00 AM
So, I just got a little bag of maca powder and the label on it says that it can help hair growth either as a scalp mask either applied as a water macerate. Now, my question is did anyone use maca and seen any improvement in hair health? Currently I'm going through a quite frustrating growth stall and I'm stuck at 86 cm so any tips are welcome.

PalomaSincera
August 22nd, 2015, 12:55 PM
What??? I have never heard of this!! I have a maca supplement but it doesn't say anything on the bottle about hair growth. I'm going to google and follow this thread. :google:

By the way, I've been doing a lot of things to grow my hair, which is growing at a very fair rate, but as soon as I started using horsetail I've definitely been seeing fast hair growth. That's worth a try!

Magalo
August 22nd, 2015, 01:01 PM
I used Maca as a libido booster a couple months back. Did nothing for my hair but I was so hungry for sex!!! Hope you're ready! :lol:

parkmikii
August 22nd, 2015, 01:02 PM
Oh, wow, horsetail? Are you using it as a tea rinse?
Thank you for the tip! :)

parkmikii
August 22nd, 2015, 01:04 PM
I used Maca as a libido booster a couple months back. Did nothing for my hair but I was so hungry for sex!!! Hope you're ready! :lol:

Oh lol, good to know, I thought of using the powder for a hair mask, not to ingest it :lol:

PalomaSincera
August 22nd, 2015, 01:33 PM
Oh, wow, horsetail? Are you using it as a tea rinse?
Thank you for the tip! :)

I've been drinking it. Even though I've read that drinking it and using it as a rinse has the same effect, I plan to start using it as a rinse today.

KittyBird
August 22nd, 2015, 01:59 PM
Humm.. Really? TMI alert: My birth control has killed my drive quite a bit, so I kinda want to try that now :o Did you take it as capsules?

Magalo
August 22nd, 2015, 04:07 PM
Yes I took the capsules. :) You do have to take a lot (2-3 every meal). I also use it because of my birth control!! I have the mirena IUD. Damn thing!!