PDA

View Full Version : Measuring from the front?

autumnphyre
August 20th, 2015, 07:12 PM
Hey,

So please forgive me if this has been raised before but I was looking at how people measure their hair and most of them seem to be based on markers on the back. I've been measuring mine more from the front as it seems to fall more naturally to the front that behind me ( thanks to my 3a hair type)

So my markers have been shoulder length, collar bone, arm pit, next one is top of nipple (so very close to this msrker), centre nipple, below boob, then belly button (goal length!) Obviously this would vary person to person due to different body types (also nipple markers can change depending on the type of bra/no bra worn at the time !!!)

Does anyone else use alternative markers/measruements like this?

mira-chan
August 20th, 2015, 07:23 PM
The number measurement is usually done from the hairline over the top of the head down the back with a tape measure to standard. Usually you need a helper to do this from behind, or some flexibility.

Other measurements are visual as to where the hair ends fall. There are non-standard markers people use. My current goal is to wrap braid around my head without it tilting sideways (taper). Whatever works as long as you state the general length when asking for advice as what works for someone at waist won't work for someone at shoulder or classic, usually. :)