PDA

View Full Version : So I haven't S&D-ed or had a trim in 5-6 months now.

gustavonut
August 20th, 2015, 03:09 PM
Beware this is pretty long haha.
First of all I'd like to apologize to the people who were so kind as to post on my last thread. You guys really are great and helped me sooo much and I am so thankful to have this forum. I am unable to really answer back because at the moment I am busy in Germany trying to get things together before my departure back to America. I am a bit stressed about so please everyone bare(bear?) with me. :panda: Oh and btw, for those of you who saw my last thread, I found an anti-kalk shampoo here (Garnier fructis) and am wondering how to use it...

V. . .Go here for the actual question. . .V
The main reason I cannot "fix" my hair is I have no money for a trim and cannot trim myself. I am just plain awful at it... Do you guys think I have damage from this looonng time of no cuts, or dusts, or search and destroys? My hair doesn't show any signs of splits no matter how hard I look. (Obviously I have bad eyes) But here's the catch, it does tangle easy and I can notice some crinkle-y ends and it feels a LITTLE rough on the ends. But does that necessarily mean I have to cut it any time soon? Can I still grow my hair long? I'm sure I have mechanical damage but sadly it's the only way I can go currently. I comb my hair pretty harshly if I even comb that day... I wear it in ponytails most of the time which I'm sure would make most of you cringe at the thought of doing such a thing, but truthfully my hair is so thick its hard to keep it in a normal claw clip, and plus the good one I just got recently broke so.. This is my only option :steam.. Today I had time to gently comb after it was completely dry.. and it actually felt much nicer after doing so but still. I have my worries. Now, if it is at all possible, and if I do need this trim then I will try to go *as soon as possible.*

Anywho, thanks again everyone. :beerchug:

lapushka
August 20th, 2015, 03:14 PM
I haven't trimmed or had an S&D session since November 2013, so that's almost 2 years. I think you're fine. It's all in the mind, this worrying about is this OK, because hairdressers have made us so used to trimming regularly - we're just not used to it. I'd put a little more oil or serum or leave-in or conditioner on the very ends, where it gets tangly or crinkly. Pamper those ends a little. They might need it. :)

meteor
August 20th, 2015, 03:43 PM
^ I'm with lapushka. :agree: I haven't trimmed since 2013 and no splits/white dots yet (but of course they can appear in the future!).

I think it totally depends on natural resilience of hair (maybe diameter of hair strands), all the accumulated damage and how you are handling and protecting your hair. :)

Keep it protected, contained and be very gentle at detangling, washing and overall handling. If you avoid all damage, that's the best thing to do to be able to go trim-free and split-free. :flower: