View Full Version : questions about baby hairs

laneige
August 19th, 2015, 08:13 PM
i have baby hairs on both sides of my hairline that dont bother me. the baby hairs on one side stay in place naturally and dont stick out. the baby hairs on the other side are a different story. i was playing around with a brush when i was younger and got it tangled in my hair, having to cut off a hyge chunk. unfortunately some of that hair was the baby hair on the hairline. now im stuck with strands that are 1/2 cm while on the other side they are 2 cm. this was 10 years ago. is there anything i can do to trigger their growth or is it a lost cause by now?

has anyone had baby hairs stuck at one length for years and all of a sudden started to grow?
would you reccomend rogaine/minodoxil to trigger existing baby hair to grow out?

any and all suggestions greatly appreciated!!!!!
please help me!!!!

meteor
August 20th, 2015, 05:09 PM
If that happened 10 years ago and you didn't experience actual thinning (that would take some serious damage to scalp), I doubt that it has any effect on the current differences in length.

I wonder if you sleep on that side more. :hmm: Some people do notice hair that is slightly thinner, shorter or more prone to splits on the side that they normally sleep on.

mwallingford
August 20th, 2015, 05:30 PM
Something that I have also heard a couple of times was that if you wear your hair up too much, it could cause extra breakage. But if it is only on one side then that wouldn't make much sense. Unless you pull more on that side? :shrug: I don't know though, I'm pretty new to this! Meteor's suggestion was much better explained

mira-chan
August 20th, 2015, 06:29 PM
I wear my hair up every day and my baby hairs, other than the immediate hairline ones that have a shorter length due to hormone differences between villus hair on face and head hair that everyone has. No damage and any baby hairs further in, grow out fine. I have the same amount of the shorter hairs all around the hair line.

If you pull on one side more or do the same exact hair style in the same exact spot all the time, then it can cause more breakage on one side. Same as the sleeping on one side that meteor mentioned. Also if you rub, scratch or fiddle with that side more it would give the same damage effect.