PDA

View Full Version : Drugstore Hair Masks/Deep Conditioners

Frankenstein
August 19th, 2015, 03:18 PM
Can you fine folks recommend some good drugstore hair masks? I've only used Aussie 3 Minute Miracle (which I like) and the Suave Moroccan infusion one (which I didn't like). I'm looking for something that won't be too heavy for my fine hair. Thanks :)

meteor
August 19th, 2015, 04:18 PM
Frankenstein, what are your hair complaints/goals? :) It's just that it will help us give you better recommendations, because different hair masks work differently for different hair types. ;)
E.g. Are there any issues with old damage, dryness, oiliness, frizz, tangles, etc...?

Frankenstein
August 19th, 2015, 04:44 PM
Frankenstein, what are your hair complaints/goals? :) It's just that it will help us give you better recommendations, because different hair masks work differently for different hair types. ;)
E.g. Are there any issues with old damage, dryness, oiliness, frizz, tangles, etc...?

Mostly frizz and some dryness. Just something that will keep my hair more moisturized than it has been lately.

meteor
August 19th, 2015, 04:56 PM
^ Oh, thank you for specifying that! :D
For dryness and frizz, among drugstore products I like Hello Hydration (Herbal Essences), Triple Nutrition (Garnier Fructis) and Sleek & Shine (Garnier Fructis). I think they are sold pretty much everywhere.

Also, I can boost hydration of any conditioners by adding some honey and/or oils to it and leaving it on hair for longer (say, 20-30 min under plastic wrap to trap heat). ;)
HTH! :flower:

renia22
August 19th, 2015, 07:43 PM
L'Oreal makes some, they have quite a few for all different hair types.

mallorykay13
August 20th, 2015, 08:44 AM
:popcorn: I'd like some new product recommendations!!! (mini thread hijack)
I'm an SLS and cone user, but am more than willing to try something new.
I'm looking for recommendations for a conditioner, deep conditioner, spray leave in.... etc. For my generally tangle-y and dry hair.

Swan Maiden
August 20th, 2015, 09:19 AM
I have had good luck with Infusium 23 rinse out conditioners (not the leave ins).They are nice and moisturizing and don't leave my hair heavy. The smell is a bit strong for me though.

Frankenstein
August 20th, 2015, 12:58 PM
^ Oh, thank you for specifying that! :D
For dryness and frizz, among drugstore products I like Hello Hydration (Herbal Essences), Triple Nutrition (Garnier Fructis) and Sleek & Shine (Garnier Fructis). I think they are sold pretty much everywhere.

Also, I can boost hydration of any conditioners by adding some honey and/or oils to it and leaving it on hair for longer (say, 20-30 min under plastic wrap to trap heat). ;)
HTH! :flower:

Thank you :) Hello Hydration conditioner is on my list to try; they also make a HH mask but I haven't had any luck in finding it yet. I'm also thinking about trying Garnier Damage Eraser.

mallorykay13, if your hair is tangly I recommend trying Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship conditioner if you haven't already. I've never found anything that detangled so well.

Swan Maiden, I had an Infusium 23 shampoo I liked a long time ago, so I might try that line again.

divinedobbie
August 20th, 2015, 04:15 PM
I love the L'oreal deep conditioner white tub with red lid.