PDA

View Full Version : Post your hair goals !!! ☆★☆ 。・゜゜・。

Alien Girl
August 19th, 2015, 06:02 AM
:kitten: Hi everyone! :heartbeat
Lately I've been saving tons of pictures of hair goals on my phone with no one to show but my boyfriend...
So I thought I'd make a thread!
C'mon guis lets all share our hair goals! :rockerdud

Here are some of my recent goals:
Lately I've been in love with BLACK hair and natural tones..
But I'm still so addicted to colors..
I'll just drool over these pics tho... my hair's been through enough! :rolleyes:

LOVE this!!!
http://i.imgur.com/A39RvQ0.jpg
My hair looks like this ATM but a deeper blue green and shorter.
http://i.imgur.com/ARn1fyg.png
Looks sooo cute (I think it's a wig)
http://i.imgur.com/Fy9FBW0.jpg
DAT SHINEEEEEEEEEEEE *super goals*
http://i.imgur.com/5hQMW7j.jpg
cutest waves ever ughfdkg
http://i.imgur.com/XgubsMk.jpg
length goals *_*
http://i.imgur.com/560a9xE.jpg

LauraAlaina
August 19th, 2015, 06:14 AM
Very pretty! The pink one is a wig, so that would be easy to get :) Haha
My step mom is Asian and she has the most INCREDIBLE hair! So thick and healthy!

lapushka
August 19th, 2015, 06:53 AM
Are those all you? Pretty. :)

flickm
August 19th, 2015, 06:56 AM
No pics - my goal is tailbone i think

YellowLedbetter
August 19th, 2015, 07:23 AM
Current goal BSL medium golden brown. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/47006389836938426/

Arctic
August 19th, 2015, 09:12 AM
I don't really have (a) goal(s), which is probably why my growing out has been so slow (trimming too much) :D
I just knew I want to be able to make wide variety of hairstyles, buns and braids, and I already can, so my motivation has been satisfied. It might be nice to reach a length that was my longest when I grew out the first time, which was upper BSL. Or go little past that, just to be able to break my old record. On the other hand that might take me two years, which seems like a long time right now and I don't feel like concentrating on something that long.

But I really don't have any hair goals now, not with length, colour, or texture. I do aim to keep my hair healthy, so that's a goal in itself I guess.

Seeshami
August 19th, 2015, 09:36 AM
There are not pictures of the naughty mess at floor length yet. But apparently that's where we are going.

The Naughty mess says, "then you're going to cut me to my naturally given wonder and stop messing with my color right?"

Absolutely not, you will always look like I dipped you in the blood and tears of my unsuspecting victims.

The Naughty mess says, "GOOD!"

mz_butterfly
August 19th, 2015, 09:41 AM
My goal is to read the titles correctly.

I thought this said "Pet your goats here"

turtlelover
August 19th, 2015, 09:57 AM
My current goal is BSL with very minimal layering (if any) and my natural color. I might eventually decide to go longer, but then again, that might be long enough for me! We shall see. I am somehow afraid my hair won't be thick enough to look good longer than BSL.

mallorykay13
August 19th, 2015, 10:35 AM

This made me laugh.

My first goal when I first joined LHC was classic. At BCL, I'm only 6" off, I can't see myself stopping there and now have aspirations for a blunt hemline at knee.... but I'm kind of scared to wish for that, in fear that I won't achieve it.

alexis917
August 19th, 2015, 11:15 AM
I don't know when or where I'll stop growing, but I know I want at least TBL. That will be the longest I've been. I also want to be a dark blonde. That color that's so dark it looks like a super light brown? I just love how dimensional it is! Since growing out my natural color (nearly black), people always ask me if it's a wig/say I shouldn't have dyed it black, because it's too harsh (fair skin and freckles here). Ugh....

mwallingford
August 19th, 2015, 04:55 PM
I think my personal goal length would be classic, with a nice blunt hemline. At that length, I think that I would be able to do a lot of the really neat buns and make an impressive braid as well! :D

Groovy Granny
August 19th, 2015, 05:11 PM
1) My first goal when I joined was to grow out my layers; I did that last Spring.

2) My next/final goal is to reach solid waist when dry; I should reach that by Christmas. I reached it in mid October

3) Seasonal change trims ~ 12 weeks apart

I am very happy to finally see the end of this growth journey after 3 years :happydance:

That leave lots of time ahead to learn new styles and use all my hair toys!:)

missrandie
August 19th, 2015, 05:39 PM
My goal is BSL in 2 years, and once there, microtrim to TBL. That's it!

Alien Girl
August 19th, 2015, 06:08 PM

HAHAHA :P

Very pretty! The pink one is a wig, so that would be easy to get Haha
My step mom is Asian and she has the most INCREDIBLE hair! So thick and healthy!
Very true! When I can, I'll probably start collecting wigs :)

Are those all you? Pretty.
Oh nooo, I WISH!!!

vpatt
August 19th, 2015, 06:31 PM
Short term goal is to reach APL/BSL. Long term is waist. At that point I plan to keep growing, lol.

PalomaSincera
August 19th, 2015, 06:53 PM
My goals are to never dye again... at least not until my hair is HL, and only naturally. I also want to grow to TBL and only trim 3 times a year.

cadencesday
August 19th, 2015, 09:12 PM
I've no pictures as well but I want my hair to reach TB.

cadencesday
August 19th, 2015, 09:13 PM
VPATT, what a cutie!!! awww.

MoreAutumnForMe
August 20th, 2015, 05:41 AM
I'm a little past BSL and I wonder if I could get to Waist by 2016 ~

I mostly want more slippery, healthy hair so I guess just growing out better-cared-for hair, but anywhere from Hip to Classic length would be a nice place to stop.

If I can stop :ponder:

spidermom
August 20th, 2015, 09:01 AM
My hair goals: longer than this. I'd at least like to get back to this:
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/spidermom/splatterviolet.jpg (http://s25.photobucket.com/user/spidermom/media/splatterviolet.jpg.html)

Wow, that was pretty.

missrandie
August 20th, 2015, 10:46 AM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/spidermom/splatterviolet.jpg (http://s25.photobucket.com/user/spidermom/media/splatterviolet.jpg.html)

Wow, that was pretty.

That was extremely pretty! The ombre was gorgeous! I'm sure you will get your length back :)

vpatt
August 20th, 2015, 06:53 PM

Wow, that was pretty.

That is beautiful Spidermom, good speed on growing.

hinabelle
August 20th, 2015, 07:10 PM
My goal, ultimately, is for my hair to be natural and all one length with a gentle U hemline. When pulled over my shoulders,
it would brush past the bottom of my pelvis. My goals may change at a later point, but for now that's what I really want.
Even if it takes a decade, I'll get long hair! :cheer:

quirkybookworm
August 20th, 2015, 07:59 PM
My short term goal is waist length. My long term goals are to cut off my layers, hit tailbone length (which was my original goal length), and grow to term. Some of those goals are pretty far away :lol:

hypersensitive
August 21st, 2015, 12:44 AM
I think my personal goal length would be classic, with a nice blunt hemline. At that length, I think that I would be able to do a lot of the really neat buns and make an impressive braid as well! :D

A nice blunt hem is actually harder to bun in terms of neatly tucking in the ends. When the hair is naturally tapered, the end tucks in so much more easily.

I agree with the braids though!

nalgena
August 21st, 2015, 05:28 AM
My ultimate hair goal is to grow my virgin hair down to my waist. I stopped dying hair in Jan 2014, so I still have a very long way to go.

The problem is, that my hair is super thin at the moment. I'm at BSL and I was just looking at it today and thinking how pathetic it looks. I'm gonna go for a cut soon, and have somewhere between 2-4 inches taken off. I need to get rid of some split ends and dyed hair, but I'm also hoping it's gonna look a bit thicker. I really hope my hair thickens up a bit in the next year, because I'm recovering from a major shed and I'm applying onion juice and castor oil to my scalp.

I'm planning to cut my hair in a long bob at my 2 year dye free anniversary. I want to get rid of all (or most) the dyed ends and start growing from there. If it turns out that may hair is still as thin as it is now, I'm probably gonna stick around BSL at the most, or maybe APL. I really don't want to end up looking like I have 3 strands of hair on my head.

LauraAlaina
August 21st, 2015, 05:44 AM
My goal is to get waist length, with no bleach in it. I just can't stop coloring my hair I have too many greys.

Alien Girl
September 1st, 2015, 01:38 AM
My goal is to get waist length, with no bleach in it. I just can't stop coloring my hair I have too many greys.

Haha I'm addicted to bleach too! I want waist/hip length and now I don't mind if it's damaged since my hair is fairly strong anyways.

lapushka
September 1st, 2015, 04:40 AM
I just this past weekend reached my goal of classic. I'll keep growing until the end of the year, then cut back to classic in another layering method (compact cut - longer layers), and then participate in the next no-trimming thread for 2016 and see how far I can go beyond classic. We'll see. I might not make it the whole of 2016, but we'll see. :)

dogzdinner
September 1st, 2015, 05:08 AM
I split my goals up... so its waist length by end of 2015 (kinda is now but I want it to be more definate IYKWIM), then BCL by end of 2016 and classic by 2017. Also growing my fringe out which has reached that really awkward stage where you find yourself reaching for the scissors!
If I got to classic I would have to have a think about what next, TBH I cant really see me with hair that long!

school of fish
September 1st, 2015, 07:34 AM
I don't have a single goal - I'm working on several concurrently. I consider my hair at the moment to be in a 3-year rehab program (haha) and the baby steps taken are mini-goals achieved ;) Here are various goals I'm working toward:

- microtrimming away damage and layers to a blunt hemline without resorting to a big chop (an estimated 1-1/2 to 2 years away)
- learning what my hair really wants so I can keep it in its best condition (modified CO washing, henna, moisture treatments, diluted acv rinses and frequent trimming are all proven winners)
- learning to accept what my hair won't tolerate and respecting that so I don't keep getting disappointed by repeated failed results (coconut oil, I'm looking at you!)
- implementing a simple, low-maintenance routine that keeps my hair happy (I do believe I've settled into an easy, unfussy weekly routine)
- final length of either bcl or tailbone, blunt (will likely microtrim to tailbone then perhaps cut back to bcl, will decide when I get there)
- accepting the hair I've been given and making it look and feel the best it possibly can at every stage (achieved!)

:D

Upside Down
September 1st, 2015, 08:19 AM
Honestly I don't know.

I reached waist, and I like it. My hair can stay at waist or grow, I don't mind. I don't have further lenght aspirations.

I do still want a keratine treatment and I would love to get my hair into wavy teritory when airdried or diffused. Drying in a bun takes forever and won't be practical during the winter.

I also have to decide if I wwant to grow gray or if I will venture into henna (full head).
Truth be told I am not crazy about the contrast between grays and my color.

Some day I will probably want to grow out my bangs, when my regrowth catches up with them.

There it is, my goals are really ..processes :)

Arctic
September 1st, 2015, 08:32 AM
Woohoo, I now have a goal! Finally! I want to grow back some of the shorter pieces I cut when I did my face framing layers the other day. Long story, tried to be careful but I cut from a too big area, and unlike I had envisioned, it (the method I followed + my amateurness) chopped more from my sides and farther up on my head than I had ever imagined, and really taxed my thin side hair. It's not a catastrophe, but not quite what I had in mind.

And another goal: when I get to APL-ish I want to change my straight-ish hem to V-hemline. That will make my hair feel shorter to me, so I'll probably want to grow the V a bit longer then. The planned V shaping is probably the reasons I am not so worried (or freaking out, lol) about the not-quit-as-planned layering too much, because with the V I will end up taking hair from the sides anyway with the initial shaping of the new hem.

Miss P
September 1st, 2015, 08:53 AM
I was just about chin length when I joined (currently neck length XD) and my goal is mid back see pic:https://www.pinterest.com/pin/553028029218251278/

school of fish
September 1st, 2015, 09:05 AM
Woohoo, I now have a goal! Finally! I want to grow back some of the shorter pieces I cut when I did my face framing layers the other day. Long story, tried to be careful but I cut from a too big area, and unlike I had envisioned, it (the method I followed + my amateurness) chopped more from my sides and farther up on my head than I had ever imagined, and really taxed my thin side hair. It's not a catastrophe, but not quite what I had in mind.

And another goal: when I get to APL-ish I want to change my straight-ish hem to V-hemline. That will make my hair feel shorter to me, so I'll probably want to grow the V a bit longer then. The planned V shaping is probably the reasons I am not so worried (or freaking out, lol) about the not-quit-as-planned layering too much, because with the V I will end up taking hair from the sides anyway with the initial shaping of the new hem.

Oh I did the very same thing with my face frame when I first cut it in a few years ago! Cut too big a section and ran it too far down the sides...

I've been growing out a specific section very successfully using a long-term microtrimming strategy - I'll outline it for you Arctic if you're interested but I understand everyone develops their own growing strategies :)

Johannah
September 1st, 2015, 12:28 PM
Healthy BCL length hair with a thick, blunt hemline. That's all I'm asking. :rolling:

Arctic
September 1st, 2015, 12:31 PM
Oh I did the very same thing with my face frame when I first cut it in a few years ago! Cut too big a section and ran it too far down the sides...

I've been growing out a specific section very successfully using a long-term microtrimming strategy - I'll outline it for you Arctic if you're interested but I understand everyone develops their own growing strategies :)

Fire away! I'm a regular trimmer already, so it's not going to be a shock to the system :D

school of fish
September 1st, 2015, 01:38 PM
Fire away! I'm a regular trimmer already, so it's not going to be a shock to the system :D

Sure thing :)

So, first of all I started by living with it as is for a bit and just playing around with blunt vs. point cutting, seeing what an inch longer or shorter looked like, that sort of thing... that helped me determine where my 'happy length' was - in my case somewhere between mouth and chin. That bit of experimentation also taught me that blunt is definitely better for me than wispy, both aesthetically and for strength. I guess you could call that phase one ;)

Having determined that, here's how I split out what I wanted to keep and what I wanted to grow for phase two: I let the face frame grow to my longest 'happy length', which is chin. I then parted out the 'front' section that I wanted to keep as face frame, which was about an inch from my hairline, and clipped the remaining 'back' section of the face frame out of the way. Then I combed down the front and smoothed it to a point right at my shortest 'happy length' (which is mouth) and snipped it evenly to that length. I find that when you bring the sides in to meet the centre to form a point like that then you get a nice blunt hem but with a gentle curve (longer at the sides, shorter in the centre). Then I unclipped the back section, smoothed it down the same way, and just barely dusted the ends, so it remained at the longer 'happy length' (chin). Of course I still had a too-deep face frame but now that frame had two discernable layers that I could see and section off seperately as needed. The overall effect really wasn't that different aside from a slightly more layered look, but that set the structure for phase three, the growing out.

Since then, every month like clockwork I trim both layers on the face frame - I trim my whole monthly growth on the front layer I want to keep, and I just dust to even up the back layer I'm growing out - generally less than 1/8 of an inch. As the months tick by, the difference becomes greater, and over time that thick face frame has turned into 2 distinct kind of chunky layers that each look nicely thick and deliberate ;) My longer layer is now about apl, ends are beautifully healthy, and I can choose to style them to show them off or to blend with my length. I've continued play with the length of my shorter layer as I've felt like it - cutting up to bang length or letting it grow back mouth (where it is now) or chin or whatever, just by adjusting how much or how little I take off on my monthly trim :)

I hope I've described that to make sense - it can be hard to put into words what photos would so easily show, but I need to rack up a few more posts before I can do that ;)

Hope that helps, or at least helps to give you some ideas! :D

school of fish
September 1st, 2015, 01:44 PM
Yikes, I wrote a book on that last post - sorry everyone!

Just to bring it back to topic, every time that layer I'm growing out reaches another milestone, that's another goal achieved! So I can say my next goal for that layer is bsl ;)

Arctic
September 1st, 2015, 02:09 PM
Sure thing :)

<snip>

Hope that helps, or at least helps to give you some ideas! :D

Thank you so much for taking time to type this, yes I did find it helpful! Your approach of dividing the layering into 2 easily sectioned areas is really good, as is finding the happy length and in general the layer preference. I'm a strong believer of regular trims, so that aspect of your method sounds well played too! So often people never or rarely trim the layers they want to grow out, and also very often people complain that their layers get more damaged/worn than their hemline, so I think there might be a correlation.

Did you ever blend the long layer you grew out into the rest of your hair, or did it happen naturally?

I'll have to try I see if I could too isolate the area I want to grow out, and decide how much I want to keep.

ETA: I was really appeciated the details and thought process from the very beginning, that you described. I was probably expecting something like "you should trim all your growth and maintain and let the layers catch up", but you actually told the little details of your method, which makes it very useful not only to me, but probably to others too.

If you don't mind, I would like to quote your post in my blog, so I could find it later on if I'll need it.

school of fish
September 1st, 2015, 03:14 PM
Oh I'm so glad it was useful - I can tend to get wordy, haha!!

By all means, feel free to quote me in your blog :D

The longer layer will ultimately be blended into my length when it reaches the bottom hemline. My length is almost at bcl, and I'm trimming between half and my full amount of growth every month so the long layer is gradually traveling toward the length hem at the same rate as it's traveling away from the shorter layer, if that makes sense.

I wish you great luck in your grow-out! Since your hair texture doesn't seem to be *too* far off mine (judging from your profile stats) you may find my strategy works for you too. I imagine curlier types may have to adjust - as always YMMV holds true ;)

Alien Girl
September 2nd, 2015, 01:54 AM
I was just about chin length when I joined (currently neck length XD) and my goal is mid back see pic:https://www.pinterest.com/pin/553028029218251278/

Oo that's pretty much my goal too :P !!

bte
September 2nd, 2015, 05:27 AM
Well, I know that I probably won't get any extra length, much as I would like it. I stalled for 17 years and then got a bit over two inches extra growth earlier this year, but have stalled again. So I just want to keep on adding to my 21 years of no trimming and enjoying having enough hair to braid. I don't see many braids in the wild, but I do like to comment on them when I see them. The only two I saw today in town were on a very young girl, but didn't comment as that could be misinterpreted, the other was on a girl of about 16, who appreciated the compliment.

missrandie
September 2nd, 2015, 07:38 AM
My shortest term goal right now is shoulder by my birthday- Halloween. If not then, at least by the end of the year I will be there. The next goal is to be between BSL and waist in 2 years. because my bra strap is only a couple inches from my waist, it could be anybody's guess.

chen bao jun
September 2nd, 2015, 11:13 AM
right now, I just want to look as if I am at bra strap when curly, and would like to have a bra strap length braid without a disastrous looking taper.

As a hyper curly, my braids look longer than my loose hair does and i do have a bra strap length braid but since the last couple of inches are like, three hairs twined together!

My hair is actually about mid back at this point when I stretch it, but I think I will be waiting for it to look like bra strap for at least another year and more probably two years.

Oh, well. I love having curly hair.

Curleyhair
September 4th, 2015, 09:50 AM
My goal length is classical, when stretched.
So something like this...
http://blackgirllonghair.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/xoDVF2.png

OR this, however my curl pattern turns out at that length.
http://un-ruly.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/long_natural_hair-260x145.jpg

MINAKO
September 4th, 2015, 10:07 AM
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/750x/b1/8a/b1/b18ab166a40e8072a7fdb19856d89b3e.jpg

Almost there...

Nadine <3
September 4th, 2015, 10:18 AM
My goal is waist length. I have about a year or so until I hit that goal, I'm hoping to be there by september 2016. I have really thin hair though so we'll see if I can manage it. If I get there and my ends are not to thin I would consider hip. No longer than tail bone for me. Once the hair goes past your butt I feel like that's a bit much for my personal taste. Then again, when I got here my goal was just to get to BSL and here I am charging through it hoping for waist so...we'll see what the future hold, but right now my goal is waist.

MINAKO
September 4th, 2015, 10:29 AM
Nadine, thats what we all have been thinking. The issue with shifting goals ids that none of us likes to cut healthy and well taken care of hair, so the most logical thing is making it to the next marker.
Hehe, you hair will look fab at classic+, you will remember my words. ;)

parkmikii
September 4th, 2015, 10:32 AM
Can I have this? :heartbeat
http://40.media.tumblr.com/da1e62dcb183e7041e9ab2a9bccb94dc/tumblr_nmlboxMqJv1qcrkr7o4_1280.png

Johannah
September 4th, 2015, 11:14 AM
My goal is waist length. I have about a year or so until I hit that goal, I'm hoping to be there by september 2016. I have really thin hair though so we'll see if I can manage it. If I get there and my ends are not to thin I would consider hip. No longer than tail bone for me. Once the hair goes past your butt I feel like that's a bit much for my personal taste. Then again, when I got here my goal was just to get to BSL and here I am charging through it hoping for waist so...we'll see what the future hold, but right now my goal is waist.

It's the LHC-syndrome. :p

Sarah08
September 4th, 2015, 11:25 AM
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/750x/b1/8a/b1/b18ab166a40e8072a7fdb19856d89b3e.jpg

Almost there...

I'm not even close, but I want that!!! :D

Groovy Granny
November 11th, 2015, 01:05 PM
1) My first goal when I joined was to grow out my layers; I did that last Spring.

2) My next/final goal is to reach solid waist when dry; I should reach that by Christmas. I reached it in mid October

3) Seasonal change trims ~ 12 weeks apart

I am very happy to finally see the end of this growth journey after 3 years :happydance:

That leave lots of time ahead to learn new styles and use all my hair toys!:)

I THOUGHT waist was IT...but I have decided to grow to HIP :o

And I am still learning new styles and 'playing with my hair toys' :disco:

diddiedaisy
November 11th, 2015, 01:19 PM
Full thickness hair which is stronger, and genetics allowing I'd love to get to waist, never been there before.

Razzles
November 11th, 2015, 01:27 PM
My hair goals for the next twelve months are to....
1. Grow my pixie cut to shoulder length.
2. Grow out my premature grey which means no giving in to the hair dye
3. Chop off only my previously dyed ends (about 7cm) once I get to a length I can tie back.

Using the handy excel hair growth document I found somewhere on this site I should be able to reach shoulder length by Dec 2016 even with the loss of around 7cm of dyed hair. After that I think I'd really like to work on bringing out my natural waves/curls and get it to bsl.

Knifegill
November 11th, 2015, 02:55 PM
I want
http://viralcock.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/VICTORIAN-1-465x460.jpg

or longer!

Robi-Bird
November 11th, 2015, 04:35 PM
I would like... impressive hair. Waist, maybe hip, maybe BCL. With colourful peakaboo streaks, softly layered so it's waves stick around.

LegoCaltrops
November 11th, 2015, 05:15 PM
I'd like, in this order:

- My hair to thicken back up. I've recently discovered that my migraine meds cause significant and possibly permanent hair loss. I've been on it about a decade & have lost about 50-80% of my thickness. I think I've stopped it but I'm not sure if it's going to get any better.
- If it does get a bit better, I'd like to grow as far as APL or BSL, then maintain, hopefully to thicken up the hemline as the shed section grows out.
- If that works (a very big "if") I'd quite like to get to at least WL again.

Sorry I can't post photos. This is an old work snap, about 7 or 8 years ago before the shedding got really bad. My hair is actually this shiny in real life, and the colour is pretty accurate too.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7eue00wczq0pbs2/20151111_233034_LLS.jpg?dl=0

This was about a couple of weeks ago. https://www.dropbox.com/s/xe4iqgi9prshfp4/20151027_143811.jpg?dl=0

jarlofthebogfey
November 11th, 2015, 06:33 PM
So I'm totally chuffed, because I think my goal of whimsy is doable!

Ok, so when I turned 35 last year, instead of cutting my classic back to hip as I do on each birthday, I cut all the way back to waist. I had this loose idea of NOT cutting it for 5 years, the reason being: "floor length by my 40th birthday", just for fun. I didn't think hard about it, but it's a fun goal in the back of my mind. I honestly don't have my heart set on it, simply because it doesn't grow as fast as it did a decade ago. My hair has always been almost double "average" in growth, but I'm certainly getting much closer to average as I get older. So... you know... whatever. :)

So I have been good and NOT cut it in a year. And as a reward I'm solidly at classic again. And then today, my daughter and I futzed around with my length and what's left to cover. I only need 7.25" a year! This should be very doable for me. So... suddenly today, I've realized that barring finding my terminal between here and there, and barring a more extreme loss in growth rate... I STAND A CHANCE OF MAKING MY GOAL!!!

Which has me totally chuffed. :happydance:

My only real obstacle is a mental one in regards to my growing layers. But I am mentally embracing my future fairy tails, or at least... working very hard at it. :love:

SparkleToes
November 11th, 2015, 06:45 PM
My goal is ultimately hip or tailbone length, but considering that I'm a shorty (5'3") I may stop at butt crack or hip. Right now I'm a little past bsl
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/68/8a/2c/688a2c1194ada20bedf303d6ab1c4523.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/b2/16/b9/b216b96e12ce1b18511959a23d12d5fc.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/2e/df/9e/2edf9e951ad81079e511c8570c37961d.jpg

onthehorizon
November 11th, 2015, 06:57 PM
I have two goals this is my color goal... I am at maybe 10% grey. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/532902568385845198/

onthehorizon
November 11th, 2015, 06:57 PM
Oh it didn't post! Sorry everyone!

Christine_O
November 11th, 2015, 07:39 PM
I THOUGHT waist was IT...but I have decided to grow to HIP :o

And I am still learning new styles and 'playing with my hair toys' :disco:

If I can make it, this is probably where I will want to settle too. It's odd, but hair really doesn't look long to me until it's hip length. As for pictures, I don't trust my hair to do any of the pretty things I see in my google search. I will be happy with whatever it does.

Ingrid
November 11th, 2015, 08:30 PM
My goals:

1. Get rid of all the dyed and damaged bits and grow out my natural colour;
2. Grow to knee-length hair (and then maybe longer if I like it);
3. Blunt hemline;
4. Picture - maybe something like this (https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f5/1e/e8/f51ee885ebb39b62c443760b79b6784b.jpg) (not me but similar hair colour/texture).

Groovy Granny
November 11th, 2015, 09:39 PM
My goal is ultimately hip or tailbone length, but considering that I'm a shorty (5'3") I may stop at butt crack or hip. Right now I'm a little past bsl
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/68/8a/2c/688a2c1194ada20bedf303d6ab1c4523.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/b2/16/b9/b216b96e12ce1b18511959a23d12d5fc.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/2e/df/9e/2edf9e951ad81079e511c8570c37961d.jpg
What awesome hair you have :thud:

If I can make it, this is probably where I will want to settle too. It's odd, but hair really doesn't look long to me until it's hip length. As for pictures, I don't trust my hair to do any of the pretty things I see in my google search. I will be happy with whatever it does.

You can make it :cheer:

Once it settles @ BSL/MBL you'll start to get that longish feel!
Our hair is unique; pics are inspiring, but I found it best to embrace whatever your hair is/does as YOUR look ;)
As they say..."the grass is always greener on the other side...until you get there" lol
There will always be someone with an enviable head :p

Sweets
November 11th, 2015, 11:19 PM
http://chatabout.com/assets/images/questions/2013/12/p18bn0ujiv1kt1bpd12j4sda1ll13.jpg

This is close to what my hair looks like grown out. I love this picture because you can't see the ends...you don't know HOW exactly long it is! So inspiring...

Yuki hikari
November 12th, 2015, 12:47 AM
I suppose my goal is just to see how long my hair will grow, it has been at knee length before, but that was when I was younger, I'm currently at about classic length. My hair grows at about 3+ inches a month, so I should be back at knee length by about mid next year, maybe pushing towards the end of summer...

bunneh.
November 12th, 2015, 04:20 AM
Classic with fairytale ends, maybe getting rid of the layers I have, but we'll see about those. :)

adrenaline
November 15th, 2015, 03:19 AM
Oh, all the hair styles in the starting post look simply gorgeous! :crush:
My hair goal is hip-length and I want them to be shiny and voluminous. Like this: http://bit.ly/1lpEQul Also in natural coloring :) (my natural hair color is a similar blond, but more ashy)

Pol
November 15th, 2015, 03:52 AM
This certainly is a fun thread - nice to see such diverse goals too! I would love to get my hair to waist length, which is the longest it has ever been, but I only want to get there if I can have a routine that suits me (e.g. regular washing) and healthy hair. If I can't, I'll settle for shorter. If I can though, I bet I'll get tempted to head for hip! I can't imagine what my hair would look like that long!

In the short term I would love to get to BSL (I'm nearly at APL now, so next year hopefully) and I would also like to start microtrimming (once at APL) to start getting rid of my reverse ombre ends - I have hennaed for ages and before LHC it somehow never occurred to me to do my roots only (doh!), subsequently my ends are a darker/deeper red than my roots (after MANY layers of henna!), so I would love a more even colour. It only shows in updos really, and probably only to me, but I find it annoying. So, hair goals!

Eastbound&Down
November 15th, 2015, 11:54 AM
Final goal for now is HL in front, so probably BCL in back. I just hit BSL, so I have a couple more years to go, but I'm for the long haul!

Sarahlabyrinth
November 15th, 2015, 12:33 PM
My original goal was waist, have passed that, current goal is classic but morphing to knee length, very probably, and then of course there is the growing out of dye and achieving all virgin hair - one day.

littlestarface
November 15th, 2015, 05:38 PM

Wow, that was pretty.
Goal hemline!!!!!! That is very pretty hair spidermom.

divine_light
November 16th, 2015, 12:32 AM
Hope to get this length but with silver and more fairytails :o

http://img5.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/crystalhairzrfcw893s5.jpg

hanne jensen
November 16th, 2015, 03:46 AM
Hope to get this length but with silver and more fairytails :o

http://img5.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/crystalhairzrfcw893s5.jpg
This is what I want too!

Alien Girl
November 16th, 2015, 05:59 AM
Love seeing everyone's diversity shine through their hair goals!! :D

Hypothesis
November 16th, 2015, 07:11 AM
My main goal is to get to classic length, but honestly at this point I'd just be stoked to reach bra strap length.

wanaberapunzel
November 16th, 2015, 03:43 PM
My goal would have my hair past my chin, after that happens I'll see.

cat11
November 16th, 2015, 04:16 PM
Well, when I joined I wanted waist/hip black hair. But I was gonna wait til I got to goal to dye. I really wanted knee length hair like sailor moon so I could do her hairstyle (laugh all you want but it's true!!) and also because I was inspired while reading The Tale of Genji. I resigned myself for going for something more realistic though cause I didnt think it was possible and it would look good. Then I came here. And I thought "why can't I be like them? I will have the fiercest hair I can possibly have by applying all the advice and knowledge I can get."

Then I also decided it had been years since I saw my natural hair in its glory and I'd like to enjoy it for awhile. I dyed black for years in my teens and had it faded and natural looking for awhile, then bleached it and had parts purple and red and blue like a painting So now I only plan to henndigo black when my hair starts to go grey.

so one goal is completely virgin hair. None of my hair on my head now has been heat treated, ever, no blow dry no straightening nothing, even pre-lhc hair. But about 5 inches of it (I keep changing this estimte- 5 is on the longer side but I think more accurate) has been bleached and dyed over to match my roots. That hair is dry and tangly and has been babied for years and being slowly trimmed off at a rate of 1-2 inches per year while I grow. I made the desicion for length over speed of getting rid of it.

My over-all goal is knee length, completely dye free hair with a blunt hem and as little taper as possible...
my main inspiration is Cinnamonhair.... :) Her hair is flawless.

in order...
1.) grow to classic continuing with my trims. at classic if I still have dye I want to maintain until the dye is gone.
2.) grow to knee and maintain until I couldnt possibly have less taper
3.) maybe continue to grow....

Chocowalnut
November 16th, 2015, 07:25 PM
Growing my hair to waist is my first mini goal/big hair milestone. My hair's never been that long. I hope to achieve that by the end of 2016. At some point I also want to do something with my hair color. Currently growing out my natural color and sometimes I love it in certain lightings and other times I don't. Have been really wanting to bleach out this henna and get some light blonde highlights to bring more life to my face. But I cannot bring myself to go to a salon and get anything done at all anymore! It just scares me for some reason, I guess since I have been purposely growing and not coloring for so long. My ultimate goal is at least hip-length hair with a cute style and color and that's healthy and shiny.

maborosi
November 16th, 2015, 09:08 PM
I'd like to grow out the darker red, lighten it, and transition to a nicer strawberry/coppery blonde. It just looks a lot nicer with my skin. I've already done some test lightening and lightened the bottom part of my hair, love the result, now am just waiting to get the rest of the dark red to grow out

Sweets
November 17th, 2015, 12:51 AM
I love how everyone's goals are so different and unique! I posted a picture...but mainly, I just want to grow out my pixie as gracefully and painlessly as possible. I grow faster than average, and my longest layers will be BSL well within a year. My goals are no heat, no more spray, no dye. I found my first sparklie, and I will resist the temptation to dye (even henna, though I henna'd for years). I just want to grow, pamper, and grow.

Shia
November 17th, 2015, 12:59 AM
My first goal is to reach waist. I've been stuck at BSL, trimming off bleach all year. I've probably got another three years (at least!) of trimming away the bleach, but I'm satisfied that the absolute worst of it will be gone by the end of the year. Next year, I'm hoping to stretch the time between trims if I can stand the velcro ends. I'm hoping to reach waist by the end of 2016 and then maintain there until the last of the bleach is gone.

jt623
November 17th, 2015, 08:54 AM
I have been maintaining at mid back length for a few years while growing out and cutting off henna removal damage. I miss my hair being down to my waist, but I am glad it did not need cut super short. I plan to grow my hair back out to waist length, and then maintain.

Here is my hair at waist length.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b130/leeannalove/pictures/ea85d3d9-4983-439b-876c-ec4b13bf41ee_zpsiqqzo4hw.jpg (http://s18.photobucket.com/user/leeannalove/media/pictures/ea85d3d9-4983-439b-876c-ec4b13bf41ee_zpsiqqzo4hw.jpg.html)

rhosyn_du
November 17th, 2015, 04:13 PM
My next mini-goal is to finish growing my side-cut out to short bob length and trim the rest back up to match (which should conveniently also get rid of the last little bits of dye), which I'm hoping to be able to do by the end of this year. After that, I plan to grow to APL before trimming again. After that, I'm going to play it by ear.

I'm not sure what my final goal is this time. At least waist, because that's the length I need to start using my favorite hair toys again. I know I definitely don't want to go all the way to FTL with a blunt cut this time, because the weight combined with how slippery my hair is really limited what updos I was able to do last time, which is a lot of why I decided to cut (I was so bored and annoyed with my hair), but I might try some BSL+ layers once I get to waist or TB if I decide I want to go longer.

jazzhands
November 18th, 2015, 01:42 AM
https://i.imgur.com/NZOst2t.jpg
This length, maybe a tad shorter. I'd probably keep my hair wavier and a darker red.
Current goal is BSL :)

TheAmberWing
November 18th, 2015, 10:42 AM
In terms of mini goals, I'm currently growing APL to BSL but my ultimate goal is classic (it will probably change when I get there :p I'm never satisfied)

HappyHair87
November 18th, 2015, 09:57 PM
I am at waist length after trimming off 2 inches back in June. My goal is to reach either Hip length or right above it by the end of the year.

My ultimate goal is to grow to BCL and then trim off about 3 inches back up to hip length and maintain there for healthy ends and help everything catch up some.

This is in curly hair speak so i want to reach these lengths stretched. Hopefully this will get me to MBL while curly. :)

mariakatija
November 23rd, 2015, 05:27 PM
My goal is to have at least knee-length virgin hair with fairy tale ends. I'm growing until term so who even knows what will happen!

Longhairgrowing
January 30th, 2016, 03:43 AM
My goal is to grow out my layered bob. My shortest layer is now at jaw length so my first mini goal is going to be CL. Hopefully this year I will reach SL. Fingers crossed!

PristineAllure
January 30th, 2016, 04:00 AM
My goal is to reach mid thigh length. I love being unique and different, and there's something about my hair that I just find comforting. And having more of it would just make me feel even more comforted. I can't explain this logic. So please don't ask me to. Hahahahaha. Also for spiritual/ religious reasons.

llamacat
January 30th, 2016, 05:43 AM
My goal is to S&D all the splits along the length of my hair. And then just put my hair up more often and let it grow healthy.
Hopefully it will gain more volume & length

earthybee
January 30th, 2016, 05:58 AM
Short term goal is waist by Christmas 2016. Long term goal is terminal. :meditate:

sablebraids
January 30th, 2016, 05:52 PM
My ultimate goal is to grow my hair to hip-length, unstretched. My current short term though is to peg down a weekly routine that would keep my hair moisturized and frizz-free.