PDA

View Full Version : So im trying to figure out this hairstyle...

MotherConfessor
October 6th, 2008, 09:43 PM
I have been trying to recreate the seven of nine hairstyle from Voyager. I have mostly figured out the back part but I keep having trouble getting the volume in the front. Any suggestions on how to get that look other than backcombing?

kowlrea
October 6th, 2008, 10:08 PM
any pictures of the style ?.. im sure that would help ppl get an idea of what you are talking about

Isilme
October 7th, 2008, 01:32 AM
For the volume I have no idea, but the back is simply a french twist done on very short hair, I think.She rocks that style.

*hair spoiler warning*

And it's a shame Janeway cut her hair

MotherConfessor
October 8th, 2008, 02:21 AM
I know, I loved the Janeway bun! As for pictures, cant seem to upload them properly. But the first page of google image shows the front quite clearly.

Zindell
November 4th, 2008, 03:15 AM
Ah, finally I managed to do a french twist!

I've been wanting that hairstyle ever since I saw the entire Star Trek Voyager series.

My hair looks like it could be of similar hair type as Sevens. Maybe it just have been to short to work before.
I've tried with all kinds of hair pins, claws, sticks etc... Now it is just held with a beak clip.
(I let it loose and then just wrapped it up again. Once again success! So easy suddenly)

Sure the clip is showing so it's not 100% neat as Sevens hairdo but I am happy :p
(At least it's a pretty clip. Light purple with pearls... I think I like that it shows)

Maybe in the future I'll be able to hide the tool(s) I do the twist with. :D

-Fern
April 19th, 2015, 07:19 PM
(Sorry to resurrect a dead thread, but I was just Googling this, and the thread came up, haha...)

I think this is the best tutorial (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyq2CoXDEiI) for the modified French Twist Seven is usually seen with. I have often wondered about the anti-grav properties of her perfect hair. Lilith Moon seems to be able to do the same thing, though!!

Very elegant for those who are SL-APL!!