PDA

View Full Version : A Hairy Anniversary Post - 5 Years of LHC for Me!

AspenSong
August 16th, 2015, 05:03 PM
Today is 5 years since I joined LHC!
I had already started to grow my hair out when I joined, I actually joined just trying to keep the motivation to keep growing and find some alternate ideas to hair care. Don't know that I thought at that time, I'd have grown as long as I have. My goal originally was Tailbone. I hadn't thought much of going longer than that - that was the longest I'd had my hair previously. But now, 5 years later I'm at knee! I'd love to see where terminal is on me, but I'm unsure right now if I want to keep growing or maintain for a while and see if I can thicken my hemline. If there's one thing I miss from shorter hair, it's a blunt, uniform hemline! As you'll see in the length shots from today, my ends are getting more see-through starting at classic about. =P
Along with growth in hair, I've learned and tried so many things here and am so grateful for it all and the kindness I've experienced here. I've learned what my hair likes and doesn't and to try to appreciate my hair type - as much of a struggle as that is for me, among so many thick hairs here. And I've spent a LOT of money on hair toys. lol. I was always pretty good with a claw clip and hair tie...those days are so gone. haha.
And to enter a moment of sappiness - I also found my best friend here, which was unexpected and wonderful. I was sort of between having close friends after having lost a lot of people after my Dad passed on and the depression that followed the next few years. But some time after joining the site, I saw someone post about costumes and enjoying dressing up and she lived about an hour from me. I'm a photographer and really had been wanting to do some themed photos, so I decided that even though I totally probably sounded like a creeper, I'd message her and see if she wanted to meet up and do photos sometime. I did and luckily Seeshami was just weird enough that she was like "Oh hey, sure creeper person who wants to take my picture - let's totally meet up!" lol. We met and it was sort of like we'd been friends for a long time already and now almost 3 years later, I have a wonderful friend. She may be brash and blunt and say what's on her mind with a dose of snark - but the fact is that's just some of Seeshami. She's a kind and sweet person. She's like a cactus. Prickly on the outside, but if you slice her open with a machete, she's spongy and not all that intimidating at all. lol.

So in summation, thank you LHC! And now, to photos!!

Here's where I started here on LHC about. The photo on the left is late 2009 and the one on the right is 2010, a few months after joining here. I cut off the rest of my bleach damage and this was after my first Cassia treatment.
http://i62.tinypic.com/jij3hg.jpg

Here's more where my start length was to start growing, in 2008.
http://i59.tinypic.com/95shuc.jpg

My first hair toy ever!! A Flexi 8!
http://i59.tinypic.com/f4epmx.jpg

And then there's my hair toy collection Today! lol
http://i60.tinypic.com/ekkivo.jpg

Some along the way pictures....I remember with both of these I had to take pictures because I felt like my hair was SO LONG! hehe.
http://i58.tinypic.com/2q0m34k.jpg

http://i57.tinypic.com/swpks4.jpg

Seeshami and me!
http://i59.tinypic.com/2nlr4mb.jpg

And today! Current length - Forgive my hair. I didn't wash my sleep cap the other day after a couple heavy overnight oilings and despite washing my hair last night in preparation for length shots, it's kind of icky today - double shot since hubby brushed my hair into a clump the first time and the second was after I fluffed it around to lay more normally. =/ Sorry! Was hoping for fluffy, fresh hair. You can totally see my sad ends though. But, I am at knee!
http://i58.tinypic.com/20utmoj.jpg

And, I guess these are my anniversary "presents" - A Neena that I traded pastina for and that I love to death. I think this is def my fave shape TT! And then my gorgeous gift from Ravenhair44 from WWC!!
http://i58.tinypic.com/28iw9ck.jpg

http://i60.tinypic.com/2hwi91i.jpg

Seeshami
August 16th, 2015, 05:12 PM
I bet that is almost exactly what I responded to your message.

lapushka
August 16th, 2015, 05:13 PM
Wow, kneelength! Pretty amazing, can I say (I hope you don't take offense) *especially* for someone with i hair. I mean the nasty stories out there exist of "it can't be done your hair is too thin". Congratulations! :D

My mom has i/ii hair, more i these days than anything else, but she at one time had fiery red hair past and around BSL.

missrandie
August 16th, 2015, 05:28 PM
Happy anniversary!!! Your hair is prettttyyyyyyyy :)

meteor
August 16th, 2015, 05:29 PM
Yay! Congratulations, AspenSong! Happy Hairiversary!!! :joy: :cake:

Great growth and beautiful hair! And wow, such lovely photos, too! :D I love how you and Seeshami braided hair together! So cool! :applause

Stephanie
August 16th, 2015, 05:40 PM
I love these anniversary stories and especially when it involves friendship made on the boards. Thank you for sharing this. :)

pastina
August 16th, 2015, 05:51 PM
Hooray!!!!!! :joy: Happy Versary, lovely lady!! (OH MY GLOB the TT and the Cory-Acrylic both look utterly FAB in your hair!!)

Amapola
August 16th, 2015, 05:51 PM
Congratulations on 5 years, and KNEE!! WOW! SO very impressive. Well done!

I love your hair, and I agree with you about accepting your hair. It is glorious and something to be really proud of. And those hair toys are pretty awesome too! So glad you shared!

DollyDagger
August 16th, 2015, 06:25 PM
happy hairaversary..congratulations to you.. the tourquoise looks spectacular in your lovely shiny do :toast: cheers

Frankenstein
August 16th, 2015, 06:40 PM
Congrats! Your hair is amazing! :D

DaniJoy
August 16th, 2015, 06:54 PM
Woohoo, congrats! Such an inspiration.

Shorty89
August 16th, 2015, 06:58 PM
Happy Anniversary!!

vpatt
August 16th, 2015, 07:08 PM
Happy anniversary! Your hair is lovely!

AspenSong
August 16th, 2015, 07:14 PM
Aww, thank you everyone!!

Wow, kneelength! Pretty amazing, can I say (I hope you don't take offense) *especially* for someone with i hair. I mean the nasty stories out there exist of "it can't be done your hair is too thin". Congratulations! :D.
Thank you. No offense taken. People who haven't looked at my stats and hear how long it is when they do read them are always kind of shocked. haha. :)

Great growth and beautiful hair! And wow, such lovely photos, too! :D I love how you and Seeshami braided hair together! So cool! :applause

Thanks!! We are total dorks like that. ;)

I love these anniversary stories and especially when it involves friendship made on the boards. Thank you for sharing this. :)

:) I'm very lucky indeed to have found such a good friend - and even though I singled her out, she's not the only one!! ;) I am blessed to have several people I consider friends from here - some lovely people around.

Hooray!!!!!! :joy: Happy Versary, lovely lady!! (OH MY GLOB the TT and the Cory-Acrylic both look utterly FAB in your hair!!)

Thank you lady!! I do loooove the Neena! :)

Congratulations on 5 years, and KNEE!! WOW! SO very impressive. Well done!

I love your hair, and I agree with you about accepting your hair. It is glorious and something to be really proud of. And those hair toys are pretty awesome too! So glad you shared!

Thank you! I don't often feel my hair is all that special, but I love it. It's hard not to have major hair envy around here!!

RavenRose
August 16th, 2015, 08:29 PM
Wow Hoo! happy anniversary! Very pretty hair!

LauraAlaina
August 16th, 2015, 08:33 PM
Wow, amazing hair!! Congrats!! You are inspiring.

IndyAndy
August 16th, 2015, 09:24 PM
Happy Hairversary! You are an inspiration! I love the length, the texture, the color, the buns, the braid with seeshami, just all of it :D

*side bar-- it's probably a testament to me not having been here very long but I squeaked with glee at the hair toy photo... not at the toys but at the TARDIS

Congratulations!

alexis917
August 16th, 2015, 09:29 PM
I never thought I would see you BLONDE! (gasp)

Lovely growth and hair- and impressive length, too! I've always envied people with "i" hair, because you get to make smaller buns and the "wow" factor of wearing your hair down is more impressive!

AspenSong
August 16th, 2015, 09:46 PM
Happy Hairversary! You are an inspiration! I love the length, the texture, the color, the buns, the braid with seeshami, just all of it :D

*side bar-- it's probably a testament to me not having been here very long but I squeaked with glee at the hair toy photo... not at the toys but at the TARDIS

Congratulations!

Aw, thank you!! And um, NERD HIGH FIVE!! The Tardis is always worth a glee squeal! ;) Logically if I was a good nerd, I'd have my Weeping Angel, Adipose and 11th Dr sticks in there and my homemade Sonic Screwdriver. Which I should so do now. :)

I never thought I would see you BLONDE! (gasp)

Lovely growth and hair- and impressive length, too! I've always envied people with "i" hair, because you get to make smaller buns and the "wow" factor of wearing your hair down is more impressive!

Haha. I had a Hard time letting go of blonde hair. I was super blonde as a baby and then I darkened up very dark around 3 and when we moved back to CO when I was 6, I was outside all the time and it went right back to very very blonde. I had that color for so long that when it got darker again, I felt really lost. Like...I was supposed to be blonde, right?! I dyed for a long time, going back and forth to blonde and changing it back to dark.
I suppose there is that factor of the surprise, Ninja bun with my hair type. No one ever believes my hair could be longer than Seeshamis because ya know, tiny buns. hehe.

hannabiss
August 16th, 2015, 09:53 PM
That's really great growth in that little time! I have thin fine hair too. Not sure I'll grow to knee (Even though that was my original plan)
I wish my hair grew like that!

hypersensitive
August 16th, 2015, 10:01 PM
Aw what a cute story! Congrats on 5 here!

Lisa R
August 16th, 2015, 11:47 PM
A huge congratulations!! Love your hair�� Love the pics��

hennalonghair
August 17th, 2015, 12:04 AM
Congrats Alpensong!
What a fabulous story. The photos are great and your length is super impressive but the friendship you share with Seeshami is priceless. When I think of great friendships that have been made here , you two always come first to mind.

:cheer: :joy: :applause

Seeshami
August 17th, 2015, 12:11 AM
Awww Hennalonghair you're always so sweet.

starshade
August 17th, 2015, 01:58 AM
Wow, that is some impressive length and I love that huge bun too! Happy anniversary :applause

TwilightShadow
August 17th, 2015, 02:15 AM
Happy anniversary! Love the braid with Seeshami.

diddiedaisy
August 17th, 2015, 03:47 AM
Wow, thats dedication right there!!! Your hair looks beautiful, and I would never have guessed it was i. Inspirational.

Arctic
August 17th, 2015, 04:19 AM
Happy anniversary! You look like a fun, happy person, and your hair is amazing and suit you really well (you are very pretty!)! Are you going to grow your hair even longer?

lapushka
August 17th, 2015, 04:21 AM
Thank you. No offense taken. People who haven't looked at my stats and hear how long it is when they do read them are always kind of shocked. haha. :)

It's pretty awesome! :D

butterfly_dream
August 17th, 2015, 05:28 AM
Happy anniversary! Fabulous story and lovely hair! :toast:

Crumpet
August 17th, 2015, 08:45 AM
It is so nice to see someone with thinner hair posting one of these with knee length hair. You look great! Its wonderful to see both of you post about your friendship. The LHC is such a supportive place -- even better that you found a close friend here.

Completely un-hair related -- you have the clearest, most porcelain skin EVER. Its beautiful and looks great with your natural color (the blonde looked good too though, I just prefer the contrast). Absolutely gorgeous!

jel
August 17th, 2015, 10:09 AM
Congratulations on your 5 LHC years! :D Great growth, amazing length!

AspenSong
August 17th, 2015, 10:35 AM
Aw, thank every single one of you! So sweet, all of you. *hugs*

A huge congratulations!! Love your hair�� Love the pics��

Thank you lady!! This is why I tell you, YOU can do it!! :)

Congrats Alpensong!
What a fabulous story. The photos are great and your length is super impressive but the friendship you share with Seeshami is priceless. When I think of great friendships that have been made here , you two always come first to mind.

Aww, thank you so much hennalonghair! That's so sweet to hear... <3

Wow, that is some impressive length and I love that huge bun too! Happy anniversary :applause

You get a cookie for calling my bun "huge" lol. Thank you. ;)

Wow, thats dedication right there!!! Your hair looks beautiful, and I would never have guessed it was i. Inspirational.

Thank you - that is indeed lovely to hear.

Happy anniversary! You look like a fun, happy person, and your hair is amazing and suit you really well (you are very pretty!)! Are you going to grow your hair even longer?

Thanks! I really think I probably will. I don't feel like it's growing as fast lately, but I'd really like to see where terminal is on me...so I'll probably keep going. Just trim up the ends when I really feel the need.

It is so nice to see someone with thinner hair posting one of these with knee length hair. You look great! Its wonderful to see both of you post about your friendship. The LHC is such a supportive place -- even better that you found a close friend here.

Completely un-hair related -- you have the clearest, most porcelain skin EVER. Its beautiful and looks great with your natural color (the blonde looked good too though, I just prefer the contrast). Absolutely gorgeous!

Thank you. :) And thank you on the skin compliment - I totally struggle with acne, always have...and I totally only ever do photos when I'm going through a good spell with my skin and it's cleared up, so thank you. That is a lovely thing for me to hear since it's a area I can feel so self conscious!

Marika
August 17th, 2015, 11:43 AM
Congrats, you're truly an inspiration for us fineys! :blossom:

I'm happy for you and Seeshami, what a great story! :D

quirkybookworm
August 17th, 2015, 12:03 PM
Happy Anniversary, AspenSong! Congratulations on making it to knee length! Your hair looks absolutely amazing, and I never would've guessed you had i hair - it looks much thicker. Knee length is no small feat. Congrats, again. :)

Mimha
August 17th, 2015, 12:25 PM
(...)

Here's where I started here on LHC about. The photo on the left is late 2009 and the one on the right is 2010, a few months after joining here. I cut off the rest of my bleach damage and this was after my first Cassia treatment.
http://i62.tinypic.com/jij3hg.jpg

(...)

AspenSong... Your hair shines like satin silk !!! :thudpile:

Your texture is so amazing that I almost forget to admire your length^^ !... By the way, your hair doesn't look thin at all. Around knee, some see-through is unavoidable !

Thanks so much for sharing all these personal pictures with us, and also the nice story of your meeting with Seeshami. You are so lucky to have found an LHCer so close to you ! :flowers:

Pat Wright
August 17th, 2015, 01:46 PM
Happy Anniversary! Your post made me realize I just passed my 1 year. I sure hope by 5 my hair is even half way as gorgeous as yours!:toast:

ravenheather
August 17th, 2015, 03:20 PM
Congratulations. Your hair is lovely. I hope mine has the same growth potential.

Swan Maiden
August 17th, 2015, 05:02 PM
Congratulations on reaching knee! Your buns looks so neat and tidy. You have inspired me to do a cassia treatment with your gorgeous pictures.

ravenhair44
August 17th, 2015, 10:01 PM
Congratulations on reaching knee!! :cheer: Your hair is so shiny and the color is beautiful. :heartbeat Also love the beautiful story of how you met Seeshami. :D That picture of you two with your hair braided together is priceless. Now that's a true friendship!! :hifive:

Groovy Granny
August 17th, 2015, 10:32 PM
Your hair looks great...and I love the combined braid with seeshami....very clever and pretty :)
Congrats!!!

*Your avatar is adorable and makes me chuckle....got to love those little minions lol

Upside Down
August 18th, 2015, 05:01 AM
Sooo shiny *.* congrats! Amazing lenght!

AspenSong
August 18th, 2015, 10:36 AM
Aw, you are all so sweet. :) Thank you.

I had planned a little Manic Panic toning soak on my hair before I took pictures of length for this, since you can really really see where the tiny bits of henna in my cassia treatments started to build up and give me some brassy ends...just didn't get to it, might do it today!

gyhaslan
August 18th, 2015, 11:41 AM
Congrats, Aspen, what a lovely post! It's so great that you have a routine that works and you can take pride in the good care you give your hair. Your hair color and updos are beautiful. Here's to 5 more years :bottomsup:

MoreAutumnForMe
August 21st, 2015, 02:33 PM
Wow! Amazing story! Incredible hair! :thud:

Happy Hairaversary :cheer::happydance::cheer:

What a wonderful journey you've started... I hope to toast you on your tenth Hairaversary too!

:toast:

Gaelic Girl
June 2nd, 2016, 08:13 PM
Today is 5 years since I joined LHC!
I had already started to grow my hair out when I joined, I actually joined just trying to keep the motivation to keep growing and find some alternate ideas to hair care. Don't know that I thought at that time, I'd have grown as long as I have. My goal originally was Tailbone. I hadn't thought much of going longer than that - that was the longest I'd had my hair previously. But now, 5 years later I'm at knee! I'd love to see where terminal is on me, but I'm unsure right now if I want to keep growing or maintain for a while and see if I can thicken my hemline. If there's one thing I miss from shorter hair, it's a blunt, uniform hemline! As you'll see in the length shots from today, my ends are getting more see-through starting at classic about. =P
Along with growth in hair, I've learned and tried so many things here and am so grateful for it all and the kindness I've experienced here. I've learned what my hair likes and doesn't and to try to appreciate my hair type - as much of a struggle as that is for me, among so many thick hairs here. And I've spent a LOT of money on hair toys. lol. I was always pretty good with a claw clip and hair tie...those days are so gone. haha.
And to enter a moment of sappiness - I also found my best friend here, which was unexpected and wonderful. I was sort of between having close friends after having lost a lot of people after my Dad passed on and the depression that followed the next few years. But some time after joining the site, I saw someone post about costumes and enjoying dressing up and she lived about an hour from me. I'm a photographer and really had been wanting to do some themed photos, so I decided that even though I totally probably sounded like a creeper, I'd message her and see if she wanted to meet up and do photos sometime. I did and luckily Seeshami was just weird enough that she was like "Oh hey, sure creeper person who wants to take my picture - let's totally meet up!" lol. We met and it was sort of like we'd been friends for a long time already and now almost 3 years later, I have a wonderful friend. She may be brash and blunt and say what's on her mind with a dose of snark - but the fact is that's just some of Seeshami. She's a kind and sweet person. She's like a cactus. Prickly on the outside, but if you slice her open with a machete, she's spongy and not all that intimidating at all. lol.

Seeshami and me!
http://i59.tinypic.com/2nlr4mb.jpg

I just came across this. Such a wonderful pic of you two gals! I's wonderful how much I've received from LHC too and so happy for you, your happiness here, and your lovely hair. You're a terrific member here, AspenSong and I always enjoy your posts. I had aimed from classic..but thanks to gals like you two...going for knee....fingers and toes crossed. Happy Be-lated Anniversary! :)

Pinni
June 3rd, 2016, 01:07 AM
Wow, impressive length and a lovely story. Congrats!:cake:

nakima
June 3rd, 2016, 12:51 PM
wow! Happy Anniversary! Sooo long :) I love it! and it looks like it's past your knees to me. Great growing. I don't know if mine will ever be that long I'm on my way to classic now and I think I will be staying there awhile but then you never know ha! keep up the good work and keep sharing how you got there.

Ophidian
June 3rd, 2016, 03:14 PM
Happy 5 years!!! And your hair is so shiiiiiny *blinded by shiny* :cool: