PDA

View Full Version : Perfume in hair/boar bristle brush

joyfulheart18
August 14th, 2015, 09:15 AM
Hello everyone!

I'm looking for a way to perfume my hair without damaging it. I know that the alcohol can damage/dry out hair, so I have heard that spraying your hair brush and allowing it to dry (therefore letting all the alcohol evaporate) is a great way to achieve the same result without the damage. Do you think that perfume would damage a boar bristle hair brush?

Robi-Bird
August 14th, 2015, 10:25 AM
Do you have any perfume oils? They wouldn't be unlikely to damage your hair at all since they are typically jojoba or fractionated coconut oil based.

vpatt
August 14th, 2015, 12:41 PM
Essential oils mixed with a carrier oil should not damage your hair.

meteor
August 14th, 2015, 12:57 PM
Some people do what I've heard referred to as "aroma-brushing". It's basically putting a drop or two of essential oil of choice (e.g. ylang-ylang is a popular option) on a boar bristle brush with wood base or a wooden brush and brushing hair with that. :)
Personally, I'd stick with fragrant EOs well diluted in some carrier oil, to be safe. :flower: Careful not to overdo it, or it can make hair look greasy.

Nique1202
August 14th, 2015, 02:04 PM
I don't think the amount of alcohol in a perfume is going to damage your hair or your bristle brush any more than it damages your skin when you spray it there. Personally I'd just spray the perfume on my hair and be done with it.

meteor
August 14th, 2015, 02:09 PM
^I really agree with Nique1202. If you have a specific perfume you love, use it! :) Alcohol evaporates too fast to create any serious long-lasting dryness issues, IMHO. :)

joyfulheart18
August 17th, 2015, 08:26 AM
Awesome to hear! Thanks! :)