PDA

View Full Version : No trimming 2016!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

lapushka
August 11th, 2015, 01:32 PM
For this challenge, you need to trim at the latest January 1st 2016. No other trims are allowed during the calender year for you to be part of this challenge.

If you want to no-trim for shorter periods of time during the year, then the "no-trimming club" is a better place for you:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=132

Welcome, and "happy growing"! :D

Here's some easy guidelines for you:

You may maintain bangs.
You may not cut them in.
You may S&D
You may not trim.

lapis_lazuli
August 11th, 2015, 01:34 PM
I'll probably be in... I never trim my hair and have no plans to ;)

Eastbound&Down
August 11th, 2015, 01:59 PM
I'm in. I just had a trim last month and don't plan to have another one untill I hit waist.

Aleahcim
August 11th, 2015, 02:09 PM
I should be in. Since I'm in the no trimming challenge for this year I may wanna have a small trim "inbetween" the two challenges if that's okay?

Would it be better to trim on the last day of 2015 or the first day or 2016? If life happens and I'm not able to trim until a few days before or after the new year would that be fine? I'm just not sure when I should trim once to qualify for both challenges.

I'm excited to gain more length and I think 2016 will be the year I get past waist. :)

ravenheather
August 11th, 2015, 02:12 PM
I am in. I just trimmed a bit and have no plans to next year.

lapushka
August 11th, 2015, 02:21 PM
I should be in. Since I'm in the no trimming challenge for this year I may wanna have a small trim "inbetween" the two challenges if that's okay?

Would it be better to trim on the last day of 2015 or the first day or 2016? If life happens and I'm not able to trim until a few days before or after the new year would that be fine? I'm just not sure when I should trim once to qualify for both challenges.

I'm trimming in between 2015-2016 as well. I will probably trim January 1st 2016. Nope, final date is January 1st, sorry, but I have to cut it off somehow. Otherwise it will *never* end and people will start "oh I'm just a day late", or "I'm just a week late, is it still okay". I can't do that. I can't possibly start making exceptions. Because you had that last year as well, people who trimmed in February still wanted to join. Sorry. No can do. There's a different thread for that. This is AN ENTIRE CALENDER YEAR - no exceptions.

I hope you understand.

It's best to plan ahead for this. It's going to be difficult for me as well - because I know that life happens, but I'm going to plan ahead for this!

missblueeyes
August 11th, 2015, 02:43 PM
Well, I failed in 2015... but I do want to try again!

Nadine <3
August 11th, 2015, 03:00 PM
I'll be in! I'm having a decent, sizable trim to try and get rid of the rest of my layers (yay bye bye damage!) on the first, and then forging ahead just growing for 2016! Bring it!

Fericera
August 11th, 2015, 03:34 PM
I'm in! Unless something terribly damaging happens to my hair in the next five months I should be good to go.

Not trimming has been pretty easy for me, and I like keeping all my growth.

parkmikii
August 11th, 2015, 03:36 PM
Count me in as well! :D

lapushka
August 11th, 2015, 03:38 PM
I'm glad there's already a fair share of people ready to join in! Yay! :cheer:

Welcome, dear friends! :grouphug: AND happy growing!!!

curlylocks85
August 11th, 2015, 03:48 PM
I'm in. This year my hair has grown a lot and that makes me happy so I want to keep it up for another year. More hair growth here I come! :)

Platzhalter
August 11th, 2015, 03:49 PM
Count me in for this one ;)

Eastbound&Down
August 11th, 2015, 04:35 PM

I'm with you. I don't regret it persay, but I'm excited to try again, I went 1 1/2 years last go-round.

Lauraes
August 11th, 2015, 04:35 PM
I'm in! I missed it by a month last year (I joined in February and trimmed in February) and was disappointed. :p I'll probably trim around December 30th so I don't get the urge to do so during next year. I've only trimmed once this year (so far), so it shouldn't be too hard to go a full 12 months. :)

Jo Ann
August 11th, 2015, 07:44 PM
Yippee!! :face: Thank you, Lapushka!

I've been thinking about letting my fumble fingers give microtrimming a try. :pray: Shoot, I've gone from May 2014 until now without a trim, and, well, I'm looking a tad thin... :couch:

This will give me a chance to try S&D...or not... :run:

kidso
August 11th, 2015, 08:48 PM
I will reach three years of no trimming in October. I might as well join in by default for 2016 as well! All I need to do is overcome the temptation to craft a thicker and straighter hem line. :patrol:

gthlvrmx
August 11th, 2015, 09:06 PM
Since I don't trim...I'm in.

pailin
August 11th, 2015, 10:08 PM
I think I'm in for another year, but I'll reevaluate in December, since I haven't trimmed/cut since 2013.

BoopBoop1
August 11th, 2015, 11:33 PM
I reaaally hope I can join next year ): I'll try to keep my hair as good as possible.

lapushka
August 12th, 2015, 01:25 AM
Welcome to everyone who's joining! :D :joy:

flickm
August 12th, 2015, 06:20 AM
I'm in. I do cut my fringe though - is that ok? Otherwise i haven't cut or trimmed since early April and don't intend to.

lapushka
August 12th, 2015, 06:34 AM
I'm in. I do cut my fringe though - is that ok? Otherwise i haven't cut or trimmed since early April and don't intend to.

Yep, S&D is exempt, as is fringe-trimming. :) HTH!

jocosobe
August 12th, 2015, 07:22 AM
Awesome thred Lapushka! I'm definitely in! Since I'm already in the no trimming club 2015, I'll probably trim on January 1st of 2016. That way I've completed the no trimming 2015 challange and still will be able to join this challange! :)
Happy growing everyone!

Neelie
August 12th, 2015, 08:38 AM
I'm in too :)

dogzdinner
August 12th, 2015, 08:39 AM
Im in too! My hair should be hovering around waist length by the end of the year so I will do a little trim end of december to tidy up any straggly ends then thats it for 2016...in fact I might even grow my fringe out and really go for it!LOL

ShadowBritt
August 12th, 2015, 12:31 PM
I'm totally in! I don't want to do any cuts or trims or anything ever again- unless it's for these wild bangs that annoy me, or if it stops growing because the ends are destroyed. But both should be covered so I'm all in! :)

TheMechaGinger
August 12th, 2015, 02:00 PM
I'm in! I lopped off all of my hair into an extremely short pixie back in April due to some serious bleach damage. So my master plan is to grow it out for the next few months and then shape it into a bob. Once it's in a bob, absolutely no trims until the end of next year! I'm going to try to be really diligent about taking pictures so I can see what my growth is like. I'm really excited :D

SnottyDotty
August 12th, 2015, 06:28 PM
I'm definitely in! I joined the 2015 thread and ended up leaving because I had some severely bleach damaged areas of my hair that had to go. But now that issue is sorted I can (unless something drastic happens between now and January) just let my hair grow and grow. Plus I want to gain as much length as possible for when I plan to get married in 2017.

chelsea89ms
August 12th, 2015, 09:06 PM
I'm in!! The 2015 challenge went well for me, anytime I thought I may need a trim I would just clarify and fallow with a deep conditioning treatment.

This year I'm going to try and do a deep treatment once a week along with my weekly s&d (nothing extensive just 5-10 minutes).

I haven't henna/indigo my hair in over a year now and surprisingly I can't tell where my natural roots start and ends. The color was pretty close to my natural hair and I think it just never really stuck for me, I was using henna hut tho:hmm: My ends have been much softer and less dry and crunchy since stopping so I'm happy with it.

I'm in nursing school so my hair will be mostly in a protective style and out of my way. I'm hoping to get to solid waist by graduation :)

Good luck to everyone!! :cheese::cheese::cheese:

Jo Ann
August 13th, 2015, 12:39 AM
Did my first microtrim today...took off about 3/4 inch and it came out EVEN! :disco:

I feel better...and it'll help get rid of some of the pre-biotin super taper I've got :couch:

flickm
August 13th, 2015, 01:32 AM
Is there something wrong with me? I haven't got any split ends and can't remember the last time i did. Maybe it's because I never let my hair get past waist, and usually BSL.

phoepha
August 13th, 2015, 04:59 AM
I am in. Planning a trim in December - should be ok for the year; and I'm hoping to see some growth.

Fericera
August 13th, 2015, 06:56 AM
Is there something wrong with me? I haven't got any split ends and can't remember the last time i did. Maybe it's because I never let my hair get past waist, and usually BSL.

I don't have any yet either. I guess we're lucky... for now. :)

Rushli
August 13th, 2015, 07:35 AM

We are just very fortunate! In 2014 I had 4 splits and here in 2015 (going from waist to hip and wearing it down more) I am up to about 6-10.

I have made it this far in 2015 and am good to go through 2016. I should hit classic by next year and might trim a couple inches to get a deep U hemline instead of a V then going on to FTL. still undecided, but I guess I have over a year to decide. Pretty sure my mom will laugh at me if I tell her we need to ring in the new year together just so she can give me a trim. Then again she knows the care and goals that come with my hair....

missblueeyes
August 13th, 2015, 08:10 AM
Well, the shorter your hair is the less time it has spent on your head. Young hair that hasn't been subjected to too much mechanical damage doesn't split easily.

Nesoi
August 14th, 2015, 03:51 AM
I'm in :D I'm doing this year's too so I plan to trim on Jan 1st.

bte
August 14th, 2015, 03:58 AM
I'll probably be in... I never trim my hair and have no plans to ;)
Ditto - I never trim, and have not done so since 1994, so I'm in for 2016 as well!

TaterTot
August 16th, 2015, 10:18 PM
Meee! :cheer::cheer:

HairPlease
August 17th, 2015, 05:38 AM
Well, the shorter your hair is the less time it has spent on your head. Young hair that hasn't been subjected to too much mechanical damage doesn't split easily.

Exactly.
I'm almost APL and split free. I'm certain by BSL I'll have at least 4 - gotta give the hair time to wear and tear.

izzyboomama
August 17th, 2015, 06:11 AM
I rarely trim just because I'm cheap, so I can totally do this :-P
I'll probably get minimal trim done on the 30th of December...it'll be interesting to see how much my hair will grow!

DollyDagger
August 17th, 2015, 10:54 AM
I rarely trim just because I'm cheap, so I can totally do this :-P
I'll probably get minimal trim done on the 30th of December...it'll be interesting to see how much my hair will grow!

lol..im cheap too and have been self-trimming for over a year ..not more than 1/2 inch at a time every couple months. Looking back i wish it had been even less often! i was trimming what i thought were damaged ends but they werent really damaged at all-just in need of some good moisturizing.
Last visit to the hairdresser was March 2014.
I will S AND D..for the remainder of '15 and continue through '16
gotta get some length shots for before and afters..

Klaudia
August 17th, 2015, 12:03 PM
I will participate in this challenge!
I think it can keep me away from the scissors. :D I'm planning to do a last trim at Christmas. I'm curious how much split ends will be, I definitely trimmed more than it was necessary.

lapushka
August 17th, 2015, 03:28 PM
Welcome to all the newcomers! :D I'm glad you're joining me in this challenge, and it's a difficult one. One whole year without trimming.

Should things become challenging or get too difficult, come write here! We're here for you. :flower:

LongCurlyTress
August 17th, 2015, 03:35 PM
Ok well.... here I go... Yep! Signing up here for not trimming in 2016! My last 1/2-1 inch trim is planned for Dec 21/22 2015-- during the Winter Solstice. I am so in!!! ;)) Good luck to all and happy growing in 2016!! :toast: Thank you Lapushka for getting this thread started! ;)

DollyDagger
August 17th, 2015, 03:49 PM
Welcome to all the newcomers! :D I'm glad you're joining me in this challenge, and it's a difficult one. One whole year without trimming.

Should things become challenging or get too difficult, come write here! We're here for you. :flower:

Thanx Lapushka..it will be great to have somewhere to vent should frustrations and doubt arise.
Also im so glad that micro-trimming and fringe trimming are exempt...phew :)

lapushka
August 17th, 2015, 03:58 PM
Also im so glad that micro-trimming and fringe trimming are exempt...phew :)

Nope, micro-trimming is not allowed. NO trimming, absolutely NO trimming.

Only S&D is allowed and trimming fringes is allowed.

Sorry!

DollyDagger
August 17th, 2015, 04:01 PM
Nope, micro-trimming is not allowed. NO trimming, absolutely NO trimming.

Only S&D is allowed and trimming fringes is allowed.

Sorry!

oops..right sorry i meant S&D but wrote i wrote micro-trimming instead..im good with just S&D only for sure :)

lapushka
August 17th, 2015, 04:13 PM
oops..right sorry i meant S&D but wrote i wrote micro-trimming instead..im good with just S&D only for sure :)

A part of me thought you might have those two confused. Glad it was just a tiny misunderstanding. :D

PalomaSincera
August 17th, 2015, 04:25 PM
Hmmm I wish. If I were allowed one hair cut then I see it but otherwise I would end up with a lot of damage... My hair is always down.
I'll consider it.

Brattina88
August 17th, 2015, 08:00 PM

Me too! :p

hannabiss
August 17th, 2015, 08:56 PM
Hmm. This is a pickle...I signed up for the six months no trim challange. But that would put me somewhere late January. I think i have to break my promise to that and trim Dec 31/15 to make it a whole year. Im totally in. I want to see some real progress. I'll be a APL by that time and I'd like to hit BSL by Dec 2016. NO TRIM 2016 HERE I COME...*waits for another four months for 2016 to roll around!*

Christianlady
August 17th, 2015, 09:10 PM
I will not trim in 2016 to regain my length. My hair was all natural and healthy then i decided to dye it brown then i decided to ombre it and bleached the ends blonde resulting in a major trim. Now i dont want to see another scissor near my hair and feells terrible that a mistake that took a few hours to do will cost me years to grow back but i will just have to live and learn :) - much love 

mallorykay13
August 17th, 2015, 10:01 PM
Oh yeah! Pick me!

PalomaSincera
August 17th, 2015, 10:23 PM

This post convinced me to do it.

lapushka
August 18th, 2015, 02:20 AM
This post convinced me to do it.

Really? Welcome aboard!!! And it's no false promise, I can assure you. I like to convince people out of trimming. ;) :lol:

Klaudia
August 18th, 2015, 03:01 AM

Thank you, Lapushka! :) :flower:

Waffle
August 18th, 2015, 03:14 AM
This looks like a nice challenge.

butterfly_dream
August 18th, 2015, 06:40 AM
I am very tempted. I have cut a lot this year.
Sincerely I don’t know if my hair will behave so long, it’s so fine and fragile…
Anyway, I would love to try. I will get myself a very shy dusting in December and then I will join you. :)

katelinn
August 19th, 2015, 07:05 AM
i want to join in this one. I am planning a 1 cm trim in December, but then i should be good to go. I am around tbl
..and will be close to Classic by December (hopefully). So one year of growing will be perfect for me. I have had classic as a goal for a long time, but now that I am nearly there..I'll have to make fingertips my next goal I think...!

akuamoonmaui
August 19th, 2015, 05:37 PM
I'll give it a try! I have been able to resist trimming for a while now.

LaraAntipova
August 31st, 2015, 05:50 AM
Sign me up! :-D

lapushka
August 31st, 2015, 06:49 AM
Yay! :cheer:

lunalocks
August 31st, 2015, 09:20 AM
Well, the only "trimming" I have done in the past 2 1/2 years is that very recently I snipped off 2 inches of the very few super runner hairs that were driving me nuts - twice. I can't even call it a trim since a total of maybe 10 hairs were snipped.

I'll see if I can tough it out for a whole year.

quirkybookworm
August 31st, 2015, 11:11 AM
I'd love to join in! :)

I'm planning a 'trim' in late December to finally get rid of my layers. It'll probably end up taking off 3 inches or so, but it'll be totally worth it to not have to deal with them anymore. It just works out really nicely because if I cut off 3 inches in Dec, that'll pretty much just be bringing me back to the length I'm currently at which still feels long (I know it's only waist, but this is the longest my hair has been in years so it still feels decently long :lol: ) On top of that, it'll give me fresh ends to start a year of no trimming with. And, I'm planning to do a year long 'wear your hair up' challenge in 2016 so it just all works out well.
So, yeah, I'd love to join in if you don't mind having a newbie tag along. :heartbeat

lapushka
August 31st, 2015, 12:13 PM
Well, the only "trimming" I have done in the past 2 1/2 years is that very recently I snipped off 2 inches of the very few super runner hairs that were driving me nuts - twice. I can't even call it a trim since a total of maybe 10 hairs were snipped.

I'll see if I can tough it out for a whole year.

Well you're set for 2016 now with your fresh "trim". ;)

I'd love to join in! :)

I'm planning a 'trim' in late December to finally get rid of my layers. It'll probably end up taking off 3 inches or so, but it'll be totally worth it to not have to deal with them anymore. It just works out really nicely because if I cut off 3 inches in Dec, that'll pretty much just be bringing me back to the length I'm currently at which still feels long (I know it's only waist, but this is the longest my hair has been in years so it still feels decently long :lol: ) On top of that, it'll give me fresh ends to start a year of no trimming with. And, I'm planning to do a year long 'wear your hair up' challenge in 2016 so it just all works out well.
So, yeah, I'd love to join in if you don't mind having a newbie tag along. :heartbeat

Welcome to the challenge! Newbie. ;) :p Hey we were all newbies at one point. Join in the fun!

stasiaeurasia
August 31st, 2015, 04:08 PM
Yay! I'm totally in. I barely ever trim anyways. Recently, my hair's been through some damage... But I'll make sure to cut it off before 2016 so next year can be trim-free! :o

lapushka
August 31st, 2015, 04:27 PM
Welcome to the thread! And to the site! :D

HairPlease
August 31st, 2015, 06:59 PM
Alright.

I'll join.
:D
I don't think I will need to microtrim. My ends are blunt as heck, and I'm feeling confident.

missc1115
August 31st, 2015, 07:10 PM
If I could be a decent length bob by Christmas this would be good for me to do!

quirkybookworm
September 1st, 2015, 07:03 AM
lapushka, thank you! And, haha, I suppose we were :lol: I'm definitely looking forward to all the growth I'll get via this challenge... :hmm:

Also, I heard that you reached classic, so congratulations! That's so exciting! :cheer:

lapushka
September 1st, 2015, 07:30 AM
lapushka, thank you! And, haha, I suppose we were :lol: I'm definitely looking forward to all the growth I'll get via this challenge... :hmm:

Also, I heard that you reached classic, so congratulations! That's so exciting! :cheer:

Thank you so much, means a lot to me! :D

missblueeyes
September 1st, 2015, 10:52 AM
Today, I took a length shot and it turns out that I might not join this challenge after all. My hemline is quite uneven and I think I might want to get rid of that unevenness through microtrims. :)

pailin
September 1st, 2015, 11:02 AM
Ok, I've made up my mind; I'm definitely in. No more waffling!

StellaKatherine
September 1st, 2015, 11:14 AM
Hmm... I haven't cut my hair this year at all, but kinda not sure about next year. I was considering starting to make little cuts every couple of month after I will reach classic... but don't know yet... I just might get super lazy and let my hair grow ;)

lapushka
September 1st, 2015, 03:00 PM
Today, I took a length shot and it turns out that I might not join this challenge after all. My hemline is quite uneven and I think I might want to get rid of that unevenness through microtrims. :)

You could also make a larger cut at the start of 2016 so you can grow the rest of the year... decisions, decisions. ;)

Hmm... I haven't cut my hair this year at all, but kinda not sure about next year. I was considering starting to make little cuts every couple of month after I will reach classic... but don't know yet... I just might get super lazy and let my hair grow ;)

I'm starting out classic length at the start of 2016 and seeing how long I can go beyond classic in 2016. It's a bit of an experiment on my part. I might not make it through 2016 if the length gets to be too much, but I'll take my chances. Why not join me?

embee
September 1st, 2015, 06:33 PM
I think I'm in this group. No scissors (except occasional S&D) since 2005. No plans to trim or cut. :)

meteor
September 1st, 2015, 06:43 PM
I think I'm in this group. No scissors (except occasional S&D) since 2005. No plans to trim or cut. :)

Wow! That's quite impressive, embee! :thud:

It's a bit of an experiment on my part. I might not make it through 2016 if the length gets to be too much, but I'll take my chances. Why not join me?

Oh, if it's OK to just try it as an experiment, then I think I'll join in, too. :flower:
I might have trouble making it, since I haven't trimmed since fall 2013 and I'm already on the no trim 2015 challenge... but I'll give it a try. :D Why not? ;)

DollyDagger
September 1st, 2015, 06:46 PM
^yay! The more the merrier! :) :cheer:

meteor
September 1st, 2015, 06:53 PM
^ Yay, so great to see you on this challenge, too, DollyDagger! :love: :cheer:

DollyDagger
September 1st, 2015, 07:02 PM
^ Yay, so great to see you on this challenge, too, DollyDagger! :love: :cheer:
oh yes for sure! :) Im going to try my hardest. Im glad you're here too :blossom: It will be fun to touch base and support eachother whenever we get those little urges to trim. :grouphug: S & D only!

meteor
September 1st, 2015, 07:07 PM
^ Oh yes, the support on such challenges is amazing! :love:

Every time we feel like succumbing to the Siren call of the scissors, just post here and there will always be somebody to talk us off the ledge, for sure! ;)

Fericera
September 2nd, 2015, 09:57 AM
^ Oh yes, the support on such challenges is amazing! :love:

Every time we feel like succumbing to the Siren call of the scissors, just post here and there will always be somebody to talk us off the ledge, for sure! ;)

Oh yes. I'm probably going to need to be talked down from the scissors several times next year. I really feel like getting a trim, but I know in my head that I don't need one, and will regret the lost length afterwards. I know I can make it through one more year! Then in 2017 I'll hopefully hit waist length and ready for a good evening out of my hemline.

StellaKatherine
September 2nd, 2015, 10:27 AM
I'm starting out classic length at the start of 2016 and seeing how long I can go beyond classic in 2016. It's a bit of an experiment on my part. I might not make it through 2016 if the length gets to be too much, but I'll take my chances. Why not join me?

You know what ? I kinda like the way you are thinking :) I am allready at the longest I've ever been and normally would cut it because of the pressure from everyone around me to cut. Kinda curious to see if my hair would grow past classic... LETS DO IT! I am joining :)

lapushka
September 2nd, 2015, 10:27 AM
Oh, if it's OK to just try it as an experiment, then I think I'll join in, too. :flower:
I might have trouble making it, since I haven't trimmed since fall 2013 and I'm already on the no trim 2015 challenge... but I'll give it a try. :D Why not? ;)

Sure, I mean quite a few people have quit doing the 2015 challenge. I mean... what happens happens. You know...

meteor
September 2nd, 2015, 10:39 AM
^ Yay, awesome! :joy: I really love the camaraderie and support of the no-trimming challenges! :cheer:

Oh yes. I'm probably going to need to be talked down from the scissors several times next year. I really feel like getting a trim, but I know in my head that I don't need one, and will regret the lost length afterwards. I know I can make it through one more year! Then in 2017 I'll hopefully hit waist length and ready for a good evening out of my hemline.
Absolutely! :agree: Your hem is perfect!! :applause And without trimming, I bet you'll be way past waist in 2017! :cheer:

You know what ? I kinda like the way you are thinking :) I am allready at the longest I've ever been and normally would cut it because of the pressure from everyone around me to cut. Kinda curious to see if my hair would grow past classic... LETS DO IT! I am joining :)

Yay, StellaKatherine! :cheer: Of course your golden mane will grow past classic, it's already practically there! :joy:

parkmikii
September 2nd, 2015, 10:42 AM
I'm so excited for next year. Really glad to see that so many wonderful people joined the challenge! :happydance:

lapushka
September 2nd, 2015, 03:34 PM

Yay! I'm so glad! :cheer:

PalomaSincera
September 2nd, 2015, 07:09 PM
I want to do this, in fact, I've been considering it. However, I haven't had a trim since April and my hair is so tangly... This has never happened before. It's also really dry, even though we've been having lots of rain lately. This is the longest I've ever gone without trimming and I don't like it. I put coconut in my hair and it's like I did nothing. The hair just drinks it up.

lapushka
September 3rd, 2015, 03:05 AM
I want to do this, in fact, I've been considering it. However, I haven't had a trim since April and my hair is so tangly... This has never happened before. It's also really dry, even though we've been having lots of rain lately. This is the longest I've ever gone without trimming and I don't like it. I put coconut in my hair and it's like I did nothing. The hair just drinks it up.

Try clarifying and follow-up with a nice conditioner/deep conditioner!

Alien Girl
September 3rd, 2015, 03:28 AM
I DEFINITELY won't be putting scissors to my hair all next year UNLESS I plan on maintaining bangs (my bf thinks I look cute with them since I recently trimmed 2-3 inches of my longgg bangs into cute side bangs :D ..)
I may do one last trim in December just to even things out (if I need to!)

syndel
September 3rd, 2015, 03:46 AM
Count me in! Should be fun. :)

lapushka
September 3rd, 2015, 05:29 AM
Welcome you guys! :D

ummyahya
September 5th, 2015, 10:46 AM
I'm in!
Finally passed APL after a very long pregnancy+breastfeeding caused stall...
Hoping not to trim the whole of 2016 and reach somewhere after BSL!!!

DollyDagger
September 5th, 2015, 12:19 PM
I'm in!
Finally passed APL after a very long pregnancy+breastfeeding caused stall...
Hoping not to trim the whole of 2016 and reach somewhere after BSL!!!
Youll probably get even past that ..! :)

omega
September 8th, 2015, 10:51 PM
No Trimming 2016! ... That's my plan! :)

BoopBoop1
September 8th, 2015, 11:22 PM
It's not 2016 yet and I'm still so nervous about this challenge.

parkmikii
September 9th, 2015, 02:24 AM
It's not 2016 yet and I'm still so nervous about this challenge.

You're not the only one, I feel the same too :)

missmelaniem
September 9th, 2015, 05:11 AM
I'm in! I was going to trim mid 2016 but theres no real reason to.. I have my layers at the ends but I am more concerned about getting length back at this point. :joy:

lapushka
September 9th, 2015, 05:27 AM
Welcome to everyone who's new here. :D :cheer:

BoopBoop1
September 9th, 2015, 06:26 PM
We.can.do.it! (?)

Thank you lapushka :)!!

Mammasaurusrex
September 9th, 2015, 08:09 PM
Im in! I am starting my no trim 2016 early as I am already on the no trim train. I failed for no trim 2015 because I trimmed at the nape of my neck as I was growing out a pixie and had a nasty mullet going on. Im sad for the length loss but I know when my hair gets longer and is more even that I will be thankful that I trimmed! For now though, Im sad about it.

omega
September 9th, 2015, 08:18 PM
Welcome to everyone who's new here. :D :cheer:

Thank you!

DreamSheep
September 10th, 2015, 04:28 AM
I'll probably join, just because I'm generally to lazy to trim and having a reason not to will take away any of that guilt :p
Not sure what will happen on the 31 - 1st though (but as I may be on a plane I probably wouldn't be able to trim, so who knows!)

Eiderduck
September 10th, 2015, 06:03 AM
I'm game.
Although, my hair has been shrinking (breaking off at the ends) faster than it grows, so I may go from shoulder length to pixie with no scissors involved...:)

valkyrje
September 10th, 2015, 10:07 AM
I'd like to join because trimming is one of the things I hate the most and only do it two times a year, but since my last experience... no thanks. I have a question, does doing the S&D method once in a while only to eliminate a couple of split ends count as trimming?

lapushka
September 10th, 2015, 10:25 AM
I'd like to join because trimming is one of the things I hate the most and only do it two times a year, but since my last experience... no thanks. I have a question, does doing the S&D method once in a while only to eliminate a couple of split ends count as trimming?

S&D is allowed. Anything that vaguely resembles trimming is not.
Bangs can be cut!

AutobotsAttack
September 11th, 2015, 12:54 AM
I actually never cut my hair whatsoever. It used to just break off on it's own from lack of care on my behalf. So I will definitely join :)

lapushka
September 11th, 2015, 03:56 AM
Welcome! :)

LauraAlaina
September 11th, 2015, 07:09 AM
I'd like to join! Is micro trimming allowed or no?

lapushka
September 11th, 2015, 07:53 AM
I'd like to join! Is micro trimming allowed or no?

Nope. No trimming of any kind, not even microtrimming. You tend to snip off a section all across your hem and that is a no-no.
S&D fine. Cutting bangs. Fine, but nothing else. :)

LongCurlyTress
September 11th, 2015, 08:07 AM
Guess I am out of this thread already!! LOL!! I need to be able to trim 1/2inch up to 1 inch every two or three months when my hair gets tiny knots in the hemline AND... I like how it looks with an even hemline since I am trying to thicken up my hemline as the layers continue to grow out. I just did this "microtrim" yesterday and it has only been 2 months since my last 1/2 inch trim and it made a world of difference with tangles and resulting hair shedding!! :magic:Good luck to everyone!! :blossom:

BoopBoop1
September 11th, 2015, 11:40 AM
You can cut those knots with S&D, maybe?

parkmikii
September 11th, 2015, 11:44 AM

I second this as well as sectioning hair while brushing. It made a huge change in my breakage hair shed. I usually section the hair in 3 parts and make 3 buns with plastic pins and then I take one out and comb that hair, then take another and so on.

meteor
September 11th, 2015, 12:13 PM
I second this as well as sectioning hair while brushing. It made a huge change in my breakage hair shed. I usually section the hair in 3 parts and make 3 buns with plastic pins and then I take one out and comb that hair, then take another and so on.

^ Definitely! :agree: I love sectioning hair this way, too. :hifive:
It helps me because my updos start from a braid anyway, so that means that I can detangle three sections separately and then keep them "separate" by braiding them. Then when it's time to undo it and detangle again, I still have those 3 sections to work with. :) This really saves so much detangling time - pretty useful for thick or textured or long hair that loves to tangle. :)

LongCurlyTress
September 11th, 2015, 05:00 PM

It helps me because my updos start from a braid anyway, so that means that I can detangle three sections separately and then keep them "separate" by braiding them. Then when it's time to undo it and detangle again, I still have those 3 sections to work with. :) This really saves so much detangling time - pretty useful for thick or textured or long hair that loves to tangle. :)

I do SandD now but my hair hangs better with an even hemline. Health before length is my motto. It also tangles alot less which helps with decreasing shedding. I currently do detangle with a comb using small sections, and this helps alot. I just really like an even hemline. Thanks for the suggestions. Recently, my thickness went from 4.5 inches to 4 inches circumference so I am doing what I need to do to decrease tangling and shedding. And to be very honest, I really am enjoying my hair at this length so if it means that by trimming a half inch every 3 months or so, and I am happier and my hair is shedding less, then I guess I am doing what is right for me.

Arkadas
September 11th, 2015, 08:34 PM
would love to be in,, if bangs are not an issue that would disqualify me.. Am in the process now deciding if I want to grow my bangs out. Dec 2015 will be two years for me for no trimming on the length.

Magalo
September 11th, 2015, 08:43 PM
I might join if I cut the damaged part off at the end of he year. :) I've always trimmed once in a while, never went for a no trimming challenge. Could be interesting!

lapushka
September 12th, 2015, 06:01 AM
would love to be in,, if bangs are not an issue that would disqualify me.. Am in the process now deciding if I want to grow my bangs out. Dec 2015 will be two years for me for no trimming on the length.

Look upthread. I already said, bangs are no problem. ;)

Longdream
September 26th, 2015, 11:42 AM
I'm in definitely up for this

Dark40
September 26th, 2015, 11:45 AM
I'm in as well!!! :D I hardly ever trim my hair. I only trim about two or three times a year.

live2laugh13
September 26th, 2015, 12:52 PM
I'd love to join! My last trim was February 2015 and it's looking pretty good. Maybe I'll cave and get a trim in December to guarantee success in 2016. =) Looking forward to having really long hair again!

missmelaniem
September 26th, 2015, 01:44 PM
I just did my final trim for the rest of 2015-January 2017 :)

I had to trim the little center part of the hemline of my growing out pixie. maybe 1/2 inch just in the very center. now its non-stop growing from here ... so excited to see how much length I will get

cat11
September 26th, 2015, 01:57 PM

I need to start sectioning more again. Ive gotten lazy and started only sectioning it into two parts, but I think I'd do much better with 4, or even six. When I used to do small sections it worked a lot better, and felt faster even though I was going slow...

lapushka
September 26th, 2015, 02:16 PM
I'm in definitely up for this

Great, and welcome to the LHC! :D

lapushka
September 26th, 2015, 02:17 PM
I'm in as well!!! :D I hardly ever trim my hair. I only trim about two or three times a year.

I'd love to join! My last trim was February 2015 and it's looking pretty good. Maybe I'll cave and get a trim in December to guarantee success in 2016. =) Looking forward to having really long hair again!

Welcome! :D

PalomaSincera
October 3rd, 2015, 08:22 PM
Ok yeah, i'm doing it. One more trim in December and then nada.

Mammasaurusrex
October 3rd, 2015, 09:06 PM
I was just thinking about this thread earlier today and it made me realize that I don't think I have ever in my life gone an entire year with no scissors whether it be a big chop or small trim. Maybe that's why I've never in my life had long hair! 2016 will be the first time and I can't wait to see how it goes. The year is winding down and I'm exited :)

Alien Girl
October 4th, 2015, 01:38 AM
IN! I may upkeep my fringe but still not certain :)

CheshireGrin
October 4th, 2015, 03:41 AM
I'm in. :bunny: I'm a little afraid to join but I feel like it'll be worth it in the end. I've only trimmed my hair 2-3 times this year but I tend to cut off more than I should. I will probably do one more small trim in December and then only S&D after that into 2016. I've always loved fairy-tale ends so maybe this will be the beginning to that? :bluebiggr

lapushka
October 4th, 2015, 04:37 AM
You guys can always try, everyone's free to come and join and try. Our aim is the entire year, but if for some reason we can't make it, then it's no failure - at all. If you get to half a year, that's amazing in and of itself. I hope to make it through the year (I hope so), but... we shall see.

Welcome to all who's new here. Yay! :cheer:

Sparklylady82
October 4th, 2015, 12:59 PM
You guys can always try, everyone's free to come and join and try. Our aim is the entire year, but if for some reason we can't make it, then it's no failure - at all. If you get to half a year, that's amazing in and of itself. I hope to make it through the year (I hope so), but... we shall see.

Welcome to all who's new here. Yay! :cheer:

I've read through the entire thread and I'm so excited for the challenge! I got almost 4 inches so far this year with microtrimming half my growth so I'm interested in finding out a total yearly growth. Already stopped trimming hoping for waist be the end of year. I'll probably be checking in here a lot, this will be hard!

Zesty
October 8th, 2015, 03:11 PM
I'm here, feeling confident and ready to go. :thumbsup: I feel like I only really ever trimmed out of boredom, anyway, and I want to join the waist to tailbone thread ASAP!

sweetaj
October 8th, 2015, 03:21 PM
I'm in too! My hair doesn't grow fast enough to trim any off and achieve length!

EmiliaF
October 8th, 2015, 03:29 PM
I will join this thread! I had planned to cut back to hip, but since coming back here a few days ago I have realized that cutting might not be the answer for me anymore. I have maintained at hip for a few years to get rid of my V-shaped cut and the last bits of highlighted strands, but since that is all gone now I could really just focus on going forward.

Why did I want to cut?
- my end are somewhat crunchy
- my hair is not as thick as I would like it to be

I adressed the crunchiness with a change in my routine. I am trying to not wash my length more than once a month or so. I am braiding my hair in a loose braid and will only wet and shampoo my scalp. This is working really well for me, so this might reduce the crunchiness.
I am also looking into getting a good clarifying shampoo here in Germany. If anyone has recommendations, please let me know. That would help a lot! :)
I am trying to be more diligent about oiling. I have been argan-oiling my ends regularly, but only once a week or so. I am changing that to daily now.
have a really nice
Regarding the thickness, I have realized that I am not doing too bad. I haven't measured it in 5 years, but it is still at 8.5 cm /3.3 inch. I lost a lot of hair due to an iron deficiency (ferritin was at 15 ng/ml for years) and never did anything about it. I have been taking care of that and got a lot of new growth. This makes me very optimistic. :)

So I've decided against trimming. I am now out of Grad School and in a very fulfilling and happy job and think I can now slow down and take care of myself again! :)

So, hello everyone! :joy::happydance::hifive::waving:

lapushka
October 8th, 2015, 04:41 PM
I am also looking into getting a good clarifying shampoo here in Germany. If anyone has recommendations, please let me know. That would help a lot! :)

Can you get Pantene at all in Germany (I have no idea). Gliss Kur most certainly don't have a clarifying shampoo, I don't think - at least not in Belgium (usually their shampoos are quite the silicone bombs). The Pantene volumizing shampoo or Aqua Light should do.

Horrorpops
October 8th, 2015, 05:04 PM
I am in!! And I have no more bleach to necessitate last minute cuts now so hopefully I'll be able to stick with it the whole year and get past waist :)

McQuarry
October 8th, 2015, 05:07 PM
It's been at least eight years since I last went for more than one year without trimming, so let's see if I can do it again if I actually commit to it! Happened by accident last time, as things tend to do when you're young and have more important things to do, like staying up all night on MSN and avoiding homework :D I'm hoping to get to TBL by my birthday in April but I'll have one last trim in December just to keep it all spick and span.

ReadingRenee
October 8th, 2015, 05:40 PM
Im in! I have gone at least a year and half before so I know I can do it. Also, today I realized my dh hasn't trimmed his hair in SIX YEARS!!! :shocked: Now Im not saying his hair looks super fabulous to me, I have been bugging him to let me trim it for a few years now but it also doesn't look BAD, it looks fine. Its about waist length. He rubs his hair vigorously after his shower, wears it down a lot and brushes it wet. ( I did get him a wet brush last year and I started seeing a big improvement) Anyway, I digress. If he can do that, I can surely do a year.

I might possibly trim in December before the challenge officially starts so we will see.

Anyway, Im in! WOOHOOO! :D

Christine_O
October 8th, 2015, 06:03 PM
I'm in! Even if my layers can't all be cut off by January 1, I don't care. I may even leave my bangs alone, no promises though.:shrug:

Let's do this!
:applause:happydance::joy::luke:

rapunzel123
October 8th, 2015, 06:32 PM
Cout me in! I just got a tiny trim so I should be good to go. :)

EmiliaF
October 9th, 2015, 01:51 AM
Can you get Pantene at all in Germany (I have no idea). Gliss Kur most certainly don't have a clarifying shampoo, I don't think - at least not in Belgium (usually their shampoos are quite the silicone bombs). The Pantene volumizing shampoo or Aqua Light should do.

We do have the volumizing shampoo. The ingredient list says it contains Disodium EDTA and Tetrasodium EDTA, so you're right! Thank you so much! I never would have thought to read the label of a shampoo like that :)

lapushka
October 9th, 2015, 05:00 AM
We do have the volumizing shampoo. The ingredient list says it contains Disodium EDTA and Tetrasodium EDTA, so you're right! Thank you so much! I never would have thought to read the label of a shampoo like that :)

You're welcome! It can be a little on the dry and stripping side, esp. if you don't have oily hair, so beware of that, and condition well!

Welcome to all who's new here! :cheer:

divinedobbie
October 10th, 2015, 01:00 AM
I keep being torn between chopping off 2-3" and not trimming for another year...or micro trimming next year. I can't decide which is better for my hair. I feel like on December 31st, it's going to be a spur of the moment decision.

lapushka
October 10th, 2015, 06:28 AM
divinedobbie, I personally like trimming in bigger sections. I can't microtrim. Well, my mom can't - it needs to be a bigger "chunk". She can't be precise otherwise, so I wait until the end of the year now, to have it cut. Then hopefully I can let another year go by.

divinedobbie
October 10th, 2015, 09:08 PM
Lapushka, I'm like that too. Even when I try and trim a smaller section, I end up trimming more. For example I'll aim for 0.5" and trim off an extra inch. And I don't trust a hairdresser any more than I trust myself. It's just so tempting to think how much growth I would get next year if I didn't trim, plus I loved hanging out on the thread!

lapushka
October 11th, 2015, 04:04 AM
I love the no trimming threads as well. :)

Jennah
October 11th, 2015, 10:58 AM
Ok, I´m in! :poot:

I´m going to try this in an attempt to get my hair to finally grow! :horse:

I think the rat tails are going to drive me crazy, but if that´s what it takes then I´m willing to try!!! :disco:

Jennah
October 11th, 2015, 11:01 AM
I don't trust a hairdresser any more than I trust myself.

Yeah....:oops:

lapushka
October 11th, 2015, 01:14 PM
Yay, welcome Jennah! :)

fairycurls
October 18th, 2015, 06:49 PM
I joined this challenge late in 2015 then completely fell off. I trimmed enough this year to last me awhile since my hair is healthier than it's ever been. I'm in for 2016 and looking forward to seeing my progress.

IDreamOfGinger
October 19th, 2015, 09:24 AM
I want to join! My hair is super short right now (about 2 inches) so it will look very awkward for a while. But that's what hats are for.

CoveredByLove
October 19th, 2015, 01:35 PM
I'm joining! :D I wanted to this year...but I had made one last trim March 2015 to rid myself of post-partum hair loss thinness...so I couldn't join. :( But I haven't trimmed since. :) March will be 1 year no trims for me. Can't wait to see how much I grow in 2016! Whoo hoo! :cheer: (I'm a little excited..can ya tell?!)

Platzhalter
October 19th, 2015, 01:56 PM
I'm joining! :D I wanted to this year...but I had made one last trim March 2015 to rid myself of post-partum hair loss thinness...so I couldn't join. :( But I haven't trimmed since. :) March will be 1 year no trims for me. Can't wait to see how much I grow in 2016! Whoo hoo! :cheer: (I'm a little excited..can ya tell?!)

Nice to see you'll join us next year :)

CoveredByLove
October 19th, 2015, 02:01 PM
Thanks Platzhalter! It's good to be here! :D

Fresco
October 19th, 2015, 03:48 PM
I'm joining too! And I don't even know if I will micro-trim, my hair's too short for it at the moment :-)
Just saw some photos from when my hair was long and luscious - I hadn't trimmed it for half a year!

lapushka
October 19th, 2015, 04:10 PM

I'm joining too! And I don't even know if I will micro-trim, my hair's too short for it at the moment :-)
Just saw some photos from when my hair was long and luscious - I hadn't trimmed it for half a year!

Welcome the both of you! :D :cheer:

eshta
October 20th, 2015, 05:53 AM
I'm in too. My last cut was in August and it got rid off most of my layers, just a few shallow layers and grown out bangs left. I have a very average growth, 1/2" per month so I'm hoping to gain about 6" and reach 26" which will be just past BSL for me. I did a no trim year before (see my siggie), so I know my hair will be able to handle it. It will just be a matter of willpower. But I'm so sick of ponytails I don't think willpower will be a problem, I miss being able to bun and braid.

Here's some :magic: growth for everybody!

Winter Fox
October 20th, 2015, 06:54 AM
I'm in :D This year I only cut about 1,2 inch in march but next year I want to go without trimming at all! My ends are in pretty good condition considering that they still contain heavy damage from bleach and flat iron. If I don't trim I'll reach 41 inches by the end of 2016 which is my ultimate goal (well for now :P ).

lapushka
October 20th, 2015, 07:01 AM
I'm in too. My last cut was in August and it got rid off most of my layers, just a few shallow layers and grown out bangs left. I have a very average growth, 1/2" per month so I'm hoping to gain about 6" and reach 26" which will be just past BSL for me. I did a no trim year before (see my siggie), so I know my hair will be able to handle it. It will just be a matter of willpower. But I'm so sick of ponytails I don't think willpower will be a problem, I miss being able to bun and braid.

Here's some :magic: growth for everybody!

I'm in :D This year I only cut about 1,2 inch in march but next year I want to go without trimming at all! My ends are in pretty good condition considering that they still contain heavy damage from bleach and flat iron. If I don't trim I'll reach 41 inches by the end of 2016 which is my ultimate goal (well for now :P ).

Thanks for the magic growth potion! ;)

Welcome to you both! :D :cheer:

Are you planning on trimming between '15 & '16 at all, Winter Fox? Or are you going to grow straight on?

Winter Fox
October 20th, 2015, 07:10 AM
Thanks lapushka! I don't plan on trimming again this year. Maybe I'll do one last big split hunt at the end of '15 but that's it.
I don't suffer from severe breakage or much split ends so I think I can go with that. :)

lapushka
October 20th, 2015, 07:51 AM
Thanks lapushka! I don't plan on trimming again this year. Maybe I'll do one last big split hunt at the end of '15 but that's it.
I don't suffer from severe breakage or much split ends so I think I can go with that. :)

Oh good! Happy growing!!! :)

Winter Fox
October 20th, 2015, 08:09 AM
Oh good! Happy growing!!! :)

Thanks you too ^_^

lapushka
October 20th, 2015, 08:46 AM
Thanks you too ^_^

:D Thank you!

irodaryne
October 20th, 2015, 09:25 PM
I'm so in!

Quick question, though.... S&D doesn't disqualify you from this challenge, right? Only like... actual trims?

divinedobbie
October 20th, 2015, 09:54 PM
I'm so in!

Quick question, though.... S&D doesn't disqualify you from this challenge, right? Only like... actual trims?

That's right! S&D and trimming bangs/fringe are the only allowable way that scissors can touch your hair (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Platzhalter
October 20th, 2015, 10:21 PM
Yes, S&D was allowed last time (the current year), so I think things will stay the same way in 2016. Not sure about the other exception though.

irodaryne
October 20th, 2015, 10:35 PM
Awesome! I can't wait.

ThrowNormanAway
November 10th, 2015, 01:44 PM
I'm in too! I just hit my 2015 EOY goal of hip length, and its got me feeling very encouraged that my (normal almost 3/4" per month) growth is back on track after many many many big breakage and shedding setbacks over several years. My last trim was in February 2015 and honestly my ends still look really awesome so I think I can just keep going.

AsphodelJones
November 10th, 2015, 02:33 PM
I'm in. I had my hair trimmed on October 20, 2015. I'm definitely good for a year. :)

jt623
November 10th, 2015, 03:15 PM
First trim in 6 months in 2016....

bunneh.
November 11th, 2015, 09:21 AM
I think I'll be joining this, which is a bit terrifying because I'm used to trimming quite often. :x But I decided to let my hair grow and I really like the fairytale ends so we'll see how this goes. :)

grasshopper
November 11th, 2015, 10:47 AM
I want to join too.
I don't plan to cut anything (except S&D) in 2016.

jarlofthebogfey
November 11th, 2015, 12:55 PM
Oh, me! I'm planning not to cut. :)

Eastbound&Down
November 15th, 2015, 11:40 AM
I just got my friend to join the lhc!! She was going to just do the no trimming 2016 challenge with me but I was talking about how awesome everyone is here and she wants to join!! I'm so excited!

lapushka
November 15th, 2015, 11:50 AM
Welcome to everyone who's new to this thread! :D Hello! :waving:

Platzhalter
November 15th, 2015, 01:50 PM
Welcome to all the no-trim-newbies :)

Hairkay
November 15th, 2015, 05:47 PM
I'm planning a little trim at the end of December then I think I'll repeat the no trim thing since it suits me even though I have to deal with single strand knots. No trim will ever stop me getting those with my hair type.

ThrowNormanAway
November 16th, 2015, 12:47 AM
I just got my friend to join the lhc!! She was going to just do the no trimming 2016 challenge with me but I was talking about how awesome everyone is here and she wants to join!! I'm so excited!

Yay! *throws confetti*

Agnieszka
November 16th, 2015, 02:40 AM
Thinking about this thread... ;-) Last year it didn't worked out but maybe this one... Will decide in December when I'll have my hopefully final corrective trim :-D (growing out pixie :doh:)

Alien Girl
November 16th, 2015, 05:55 AM
I was thinking maybe I might trim before 2016 but I really have no need to :O so I promised my BF (just for accountability and so he can discourage me whenever I feel like changing my mind) that I won't be putting scissors at all to my hair all next year unless it's to trim my fringe.

My hair is extremely damaged but it doesn't split or do anything really so there's no need to trim :) It just feels like doodoo when it's wet

georgia_peach
November 21st, 2015, 02:28 PM
Hi everybody! I'm joining the challenge and giving this thread a little bump. Bound and determined to get to waist by Christmas 2016.

And while bunnies have absolutely nothing to do with this thread whatsoever, I'm just in the mood. :bunny::bunny::bunny:

:D

Amenahh
November 21st, 2015, 03:39 PM
I've just decided I'm joining the challenge as well!
I will trim about 1cm from the front at the end of december, and then nothing in 2016 :)

lapushka
November 21st, 2015, 03:44 PM
Woohoo, welcome! :D

Amenahh
November 21st, 2015, 04:13 PM
Woohoo, welcome! :D

Thank you! :D
If i stick to it, i should reach BSL by the end of 2016!

-Fern
November 21st, 2015, 07:17 PM
I thought about this forever and finally decided I'm in. :cool: It might take me 6 months or more to be able to make a LWB again, haha, so scissors are officially limited to S&D for 2016.

mariakatija
November 23rd, 2015, 05:24 PM
I'm in! No trimming until 2017. And then probably not, too. My last trim was in late July I believe. This should be easy for me because my hair will be up all the time. TBL here I come! :disco:

Phanaferous
November 24th, 2015, 02:20 PM
Sign me up! I ended a long (3-year?) stint of no trims early this November with a 7 inch cut from mid-thigh to tailbone. Happy for the neat hem again, but now determined to go for knee-length.

yvsa
November 26th, 2015, 05:54 AM
Yes. It's time to join this thread. I'm a "habit trimmer" and a "control trimmer". This gets me nowhere lengthwise. My hair is now neck length. My last trim was in september. So by the end of 2016 it will be actually 15 months with no trims. This is a picture i made yesterday:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20074&d=1448533636

lapushka
November 26th, 2015, 07:52 AM
Welcome everybody! :D

HairPlease
November 26th, 2015, 08:25 AM
yvsa, you have such pretty hair even at that length!

I'm strongly resisting an urge to trim the front parts of my hair which never grow past 2" below chin, but bahh. It's not going to do any good. They don't grow when they're split, they don't grow when they're not split either. So I'll wait.

-Fern
November 26th, 2015, 09:32 AM
Yes. It's time to join this thread. I'm a "habit trimmer" and a "control trimmer". This gets me nowhere lengthwise. My hair is now neck length. My last trim was in september. So by the end of 2016 it will be actually 15 months with no trims. This is a picture i made yesterday:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20074&d=1448533636

Ooh, I love your color and hair texture!! I bet it will look so pretty as it continues to grow!!

Rhodugune
November 26th, 2015, 02:59 PM
I'm in, just plan to do some S&D regularly for the time being, so hopefully that will mean that I don't have to trim as my hair in really good condition all the way to my ends.

longhairvixen
November 26th, 2015, 07:35 PM
For this challenge, you need to trim at the latest January 1st 2016. No other trims are allowed during the calender year for you to be part of this challenge.

If you want to no-trim for shorter periods of time during the year, then the "no-trimming club" is a better place for you:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=132

Welcome, and "happy growing"! :D

Im in!

But what it i have a split end or fairy knot. Can i just trim that part off? Otherwise the split end will just travel firther up the hair shaft end ill end up having to cut more hair in 2017. I think damage control is better.

Aubren
November 26th, 2015, 08:49 PM
New here, hoping I can get in on this!

yvsa
November 27th, 2015, 02:33 AM
Thank you for the kind words and welcoming.:flowers:

bunneh.
November 27th, 2015, 02:55 AM
Im in!

But what it i have a split end or fairy knot. Can i just trim that part off? Otherwise the split end will just travel firther up the hair shaft end ill end up having to cut more hair in 2017. I think damage control is better.

S&D is allowed (picking individuals strands and cutting damage/split ends off). Trimming hair (across the hemline for example) is not allowed. Trimming bangs/fringe is allowed if you want to maintain bangs/fringe and not grow them out.

lapushka
November 27th, 2015, 05:14 AM
S&D is allowed (picking individuals strands and cutting damage/split ends off). Trimming hair (across the hemline for example) is not allowed. Trimming bangs/fringe is allowed if you want to maintain bangs/fringe and not grow them out.

*Exactly*! :D Thanks bunneh.!

Hypothesis
November 27th, 2015, 05:55 AM
Yeah why not, I'll give it a go.

lapushka
November 27th, 2015, 05:59 AM
Welcome you guys! I'm so glad so many of you are joining. :D :thumbsup:

Do keep the cut-off date in mind. Last chance to trim before this challenge on January 1st 2016! No later!

Ve
November 27th, 2015, 08:50 AM
You are not alone I have the same problem with my front and I had a shed so now I am thick until the chin and thin wisps till chest, stay determined.

Ve
November 27th, 2015, 09:07 AM
I can finally join this group. I cut the last of my 2" straw feeling hair off (the only section that tangled all the time and frustrated me) and it feels so good to finally be natural (just cassia) even though I am back to APL 25". But it will be a breeze to not trim for a year now. I wish everyone success

Pearly~91
November 27th, 2015, 11:48 AM
I don't think I've joined in any "no trimming" threads before, but I think it's time! :) I really want to see what a year of no trims (except S&D) does to my hemline. I've decided to see what fairy tale ends look like on me.

ositarosita
November 27th, 2015, 11:56 AM
I know I failed this year but now that my hair is happier I am more determined then ever. I do NOT plan on trimming at until 2017 (my last trim was October 20th 2015). Just S&D

*I have also joined the no trimming thread to keep myself extra accountable,

lapushka
November 27th, 2015, 12:01 PM
You guys sound really determined and have an excellent outlook on 2016 (as far as no trimming is concerned). I like that! :D

Jo Ann
December 1st, 2015, 09:17 PM
Just gave myself my last microtrim for 2015 :p Mom was watching me do it, and commented on how much I cheated (no scrunchy available, so I used a couple of hair ties to hold my hair in place while I wielded the scissors--took off 1/4" ).

With luck, I can reach waist by Christmas 2016! I'm just below BSL now--an easy goal to reach, but a goal nonetheless... ;)

astrid92
December 2nd, 2015, 08:29 AM
I'm in too! :joy:

lapushka
December 2nd, 2015, 10:28 AM
Yay! The more the merrier. :D

lillielil
December 2nd, 2015, 11:33 AM
I'm looking forward to being able to participate in one of these challenges in the future! Right now there is too much damage to trim out, but I would like to get my hair healthy enough that I can go a year without trimming. Maybe 2018 will be my year :)

lw8666
December 3rd, 2015, 12:26 AM
I am in! I have been away from the Long Hair Community a few years now. I went from waist length to shoulder length due to a massive shed and/or lots of breakage. I plan on getting a final trim this month! I'm very excited.

TR
December 4th, 2015, 09:09 AM
I'm in! Going to grow out my pixie without trimming the mullet. The last time I did that was 20 years ago as a poor college student.

lapushka
December 4th, 2015, 02:04 PM
I'm in! Going to grow out my pixie without trimming the mullet. The last time I did that was 20 years ago as a poor college student.

Not easy! :)

irodaryne
December 4th, 2015, 02:20 PM

Oh man, good luck with that! The pixie mullet is what gets me, every time. Fortunately I trimmed that out in October.

TR
December 4th, 2015, 03:33 PM
If I leave the mullet it'll be that much sooner that I can do teeny-tiny ponytails or double-paranda French braids. The paranda double French braids worked on barely chin-length hair last time I grew it out, and I remember being sorry I had trimmed the mullet because I had to wait for the nape hair to grow out before I could get the style to work.

Sarah08
December 9th, 2015, 02:08 AM
Last trim was in July, and at some point in the middle of next year I might want another tiny trim. But meh! Before that I hadn't trimmed for a year, so what's a few months more without trimming? No big. I'm in!

RedheadMistress
December 10th, 2015, 02:36 PM
- Saw lapushkas thread for this year and it's so inspiring seeing tonnes of you not trimming at all for a year!

Who's going to not trim during 2016?

I want to try and not do it, but feel addicted to search and destroying and cutting layers and generally doing spontaneous cuts.. but still have time deciding if I have the willpower for entire 2016!
Would be cool to see how much it grows in a year =)

bunneh.
December 10th, 2015, 02:39 PM
We already have the no trimming 2016 thread here: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=133349 Come join us. :)

RedheadMistress
December 10th, 2015, 02:45 PM
- ah thanks ! i searched for it and couldnt find it ! yay :D
thought it was weird n late nobody had made the thread!

RedheadMistress
December 10th, 2015, 02:52 PM
- I want to try this, but I am super addicted to S&D plus random cutting, like doing layers and such, but it would be really cool to see how much my hair grows in a year!

If i could just leave it alone..

I'll try just to S&D and nothing else <.< and we shall see if I can keep my scissors off/away!

bunneh.
December 10th, 2015, 02:56 PM

Hope this helps. :p

rhosyn_du
December 10th, 2015, 03:14 PM
I'm in. I'm having a trim on Saturday to bring my canopy up to the same length as my grown-out undercut, and I don't plan to trim again until New Year's Eve next year or when I hit APL, whichever comes later.

Stars
December 10th, 2015, 04:32 PM
I'm in! I won't be trimming again until (maybe) Spring 2017 (likely spring equinox), at which point I might take off 1 inch all around just to shock the follicles.

Stars
December 10th, 2015, 04:36 PM
My last trim was in June, the summer solstice. I thought I was going to trim Dec. 21, 2015 (winter solstice), but I honestly don't need it. Ends are looking pretty good even though my hemline is uneven. My sides grow a lot faster than my middle and then the middle catches up once I trim the sides back. My hair has grown in a "W" since at least middle school. I'm with you...a few more mktnhs can't hurt, lol :) The older I get, the less I like the thought of scissors near my hair.

Kwantslonghair
December 10th, 2015, 05:18 PM
I am getting a 1 inch trim the first week of January as it has been a year already, except for some dusting but then I probably won't trim again all year, except for dusting. Dusting keeps my ends from tangling.

Vallena
December 10th, 2015, 07:02 PM
Thinking about joining in. I'm not big on trimming and I want to grow grow grow as much as possible. I'll still have to s&d but it could help me reach BSL faster.

Fericera
December 10th, 2015, 08:05 PM
Thinking about joining in. I'm not big on trimming and I want to grow grow grow as much as possible. I'll still have to s&d but it could help me reach BSL faster.

I got to BSL this year thanks to no trimming. Give it a go! :)

spotsb4myiz
December 11th, 2015, 12:53 AM
Going to grow out my pixie without trimming the mullet.

Brave! We will be here for support!

Stray_mind
December 11th, 2015, 02:42 AM
Trimmed 2 inches off in movember. I am in. :)

lapushka
December 11th, 2015, 06:37 AM
No worries, I just asked the mods to merge the two, so no post gets lost. :)

TR
December 11th, 2015, 02:16 PM
Brave! We will be here for support!

Thanks! :blossom: I'm sure I will need it! I don't have a mullet yet but it is lurking. I just found some scarves that are the perfect size for my hair for only $3 each, and if I tie them right they cover the bottom bits really well. So when that party in the back starts I might be able to contain some of it. :eyebrows:

Goatcraft
December 11th, 2015, 02:20 PM
I'm in. Did this in 2014, and only trimmed once this year.

lapushka
December 11th, 2015, 02:32 PM
It's going to be a little over 2 years since I last had a trim. But I will be trimming at the end of the 2015 challenge / beginning of the 2016 challenge. So I can complete the 2015 one and be good for the 2016 one. I'm going back to classic (few inches over right now), cutting back to the other layering method, and this will give me a fresh start for the year 2016! I hope I make it the whole year, but I'm doubtful. I really would like to get to FTL, but I don't know. We'll see. If it gets to be too much for me, I will cut back and maintain classic. It's all a matter of discovering what's the best for me.

hannabiss
December 11th, 2015, 02:46 PM
Debating trimming before this year or just letting it ride. I don't feel like my ends are a nightmare. My hair comes to a V shape. Kinda want to even it to a gentle U shape. But might wait till the end of 2016. I'm so wishy washy

PhoenixRaech
December 11th, 2015, 05:17 PM
Ooo!! I'm in, I'm in!! I had my last trim Oct. 29, and my hope is to see how much growth I can get in a calendar year with no scissors! (I've *never* done this before; excited to see what I'm capable of!)

Thank you for creating this awesome support group! :D

Fericera
December 11th, 2015, 07:41 PM
Ooo!! I'm in, I'm in!! I had my last trim Oct. 29, and my hope is to see how much growth I can get in a calendar year with no scissors! (I've *never* done this before; excited to see what I'm capable of!)

Thank you for creating this awesome support group! :D

Welcome! It's a lot of fun, and you're definitely capable of it. :)

Snowlily
December 12th, 2015, 12:57 AM
Hello folks!

Am going to join in this time! I tried this year but with a lot of dye damage, it was hard not to cut the crispy dry ends off! I had a cut a week ago to tidy up the ends and I realised I absolutely hate going to the hairdresser lol - from meaningless chat to having my hair yanked about when he was drying it - just a huge no no now! I would rather spend the money on kerastase hair masks instead!

Currently about 19" - in the void between collar bone and armpit - and aiming for bra strap!

I am also going to try to use nothing but a wide tooth comb for the whole year and have a gorgeous mason pearson one! I will put my numerous denman paddle brushes and tangle tweezers in a box and then hide it to remove temptation!

Good luck all on this challenge

Zindell
December 12th, 2015, 03:47 AM
Opting out since I changed my goal (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=133911&page=18&p=3135942&viewfull=1#post3135942) for 2016. Sowwy! I wish you all good luck. :D

lapushka
December 12th, 2015, 03:54 AM
This will be fun! Glad we have a support group for this. :grouphug:

I'm glad you're joining us. Yes, this is a happy place, and I will hope it continues on like that. :D
Welcome! :cheer:

Zindell
December 12th, 2015, 04:20 AM
I'm glad you're joining us. Yes, this is a happy place, and I will hope it continues on like that. :D
Welcome! :cheer:

I opted out since I changed my goal (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=133911&page=18&p=3135942&viewfull=1#post3135942) for 2016.
I realized that getting my hair all one length is more important to me than gaining length atm.

Sowwy! I wish you all good luck. :D

TR
December 12th, 2015, 07:23 AM
Snowlily, you will find many people here who also dislike going to the hairdresser. Have you ever thought of learning to trim your own hair? Lots of the LHC crowd self-trim long hair and you'll find plenty of tips and advice on LHC about how to do it. I even learned how to cut and maintain a pixie (had to find that info on sites not devoted to long hair though, lol) which was fantastic because pixies need to be trimmed often to keep their shape and I also hate the entire salon experience. Of course, you won't be able to try self-trimming until AFTER the no-trim challenge is complete :shrug:

Snowlily
December 12th, 2015, 02:20 PM
Snowlily, you will find many people here who also dislike going to the hairdresser. Have you ever thought of learning to trim your own hair? Lots of the LHC crowd self-trim long hair and you'll find plenty of tips and advice on LHC about how to do it. I even learned how to cut and maintain a pixie (had to find that info on sites not devoted to long hair though, lol) which was fantastic because pixies need to be trimmed often to keep their shape and I also hate the entire salon experience. Of course, you won't be able to try self-trimming until AFTER the no-trim challenge is complete :shrug:

Thanks TR! Looks like I will be asking for a pair of hairdressing scissors for Christmas next year! :D

PhoenixRaech
December 13th, 2015, 01:47 PM
Thank you! I'm excited to see everyone's progress :)

Len
December 13th, 2015, 02:35 PM
I would, and probably should join, but I plan on doing micro trims every couple of months to preserve the health of my hair. Good luck to everyone else!

Zindell
December 13th, 2015, 10:32 PM
I just saw some of the before & after pics in the thread "No trimming 2015".

Very impressive! I wish you all good luck and lot's of new length! :D

StellaKatherine
December 14th, 2015, 04:14 AM
I find still debating with myself to start trimming or not to start trimming in the year 2016. I both would like to see if my hair would grow longer.... and would want a nicer hemline... Hmm... I had cut only once in a last 3 years and that was on the new year 2015.

tigress86
December 14th, 2015, 04:58 AM
I'm in. My ends feel super nice right now, freshly cut and all the damage is gone. I wasn't planning to trim sooner than six months, but after seeing the before and after pictures from the no trimming 2015 thread, I'm gonna try to go for a whole year of no trimming.

young&reckless
December 14th, 2015, 06:24 PM
:joy:I am in! I have never gone longer then six months before but I have been growing out a huge shed over the last two years and have been keeping my length a little shorter then I like. Time to grow back to hip and beyond!

Lucy Elizabeth
December 14th, 2015, 09:39 PM
I'm in!! :hifive:

Trimmed off an inch and a half in late October and have already gained it back haha! My growth is all over the place so I'm very anxious to see where I'll be in a year :hmm:

Except for the occasional S&D, I should be good for 2016 with the help of coconut oil and protective styles!

Shepherdess
December 14th, 2015, 11:05 PM
I am in on this challenge too! I have decided to not trim my hair at all, or at least not until I get past my goals. I did not trim at all this year (only occasional S&D), and I'd like my hair to be as natural as possible, so lets see how much more length I get in the coming year! :cheer:

lapushka
December 15th, 2015, 03:56 AM
Yay, thanks for joining, all of you! :D