PDA

View Full Version : I can never cut my hair short.

PixieP
August 11th, 2015, 11:40 AM
Not that I had planned on cutting my hair anytime soon. But until my kitty finds another bedtime habit, I'm stuck with long hair :D You see, every night at bedtime, one of my cats jump up on my back, sit by my shoulders, and snuggle my bun like her life depended on it. For everything from 30 seconds to 5 minutes! If I try to braid my hair at nighttime she gets SO confused and annoyed, mostly she takes revenge by chewing on my braid :mad: haha! So nighttime for me are reaaaally secure buns. Because if they're loose, she will ruin them within ten seconds XD

Here's a video from the other night:

http://websta.me/p/1048156268887744298_206752502

:p

hannabiss
August 11th, 2015, 11:48 AM
Sadly my kitten banana wants to "knead" my hair with her claws while she purrs.

gyhaslan
August 11th, 2015, 11:48 AM
Oh my, that is too precious! Haha, kitties are very silly, mine certainly is.

Arctic
August 11th, 2015, 11:50 AM
That's so adorable :D And a valid reason for always having bunnable hair!

Seeshami
August 11th, 2015, 11:55 AM
Keiky nests in my sloppy mess sleep bun. Generally there is detangling of a kitty every morning.

meteor
August 11th, 2015, 12:04 PM
That's so adorable, PixieP! :love:

goneJackal
August 11th, 2015, 12:40 PM
VERY cute!!
One of my cats chews my hair when she wants food and I'm still asleep. :P

brickworld13
August 11th, 2015, 12:46 PM
My kitties lick wooden hair sticks and forks. Sometimes they do it while they are still in my hair. It's kind of odd.

vpatt
August 11th, 2015, 01:07 PM
My cat will sometimes lick my ears or my hair.

spidermom
August 11th, 2015, 01:36 PM
Silly kitty! Other than standing on it when it's loose, my cat never goes near my hair.

Stiria
August 11th, 2015, 01:47 PM
Thats so cute! Oh, I love cats! :love:

lapushka
August 11th, 2015, 01:56 PM
I love cats, let me say that first, but this... this is just too weird. I'd rather not wear a bun and get my cat out of the habit. :)

Chromis
August 11th, 2015, 02:06 PM
Awww, what a sweet kitty!

HairPlease
August 11th, 2015, 03:12 PM
Very cute. :p
My kitten just bats at any loose hair, no matter what. I literally have to have it up or the dangly strands prove irresistible to feline youth. I can't imagine a kitten like mine around actual long hair. It'd try to climb it like a ladder.

flickm
August 12th, 2015, 01:32 AM
One of mine likes tidying hair, nuzzling and patting at it.

Gamma Vector
August 12th, 2015, 02:39 AM
One of my adult cats does the nesting thing in my hair if it's loose and she's tired. And one of my kittens really has tried to climb it. Such is life. XD

pailin
August 12th, 2015, 04:59 AM
That is just adorable. And reading this thread is making me wish I had a cat, even though it would be completely impractical!

PixieP
August 12th, 2015, 05:06 AM
I love cats, let me say that first, but this... this is just too weird. I'd rather not wear a bun and get my cat out of the habit. :)

It IS weird! But I love it, I think it's adorable. She's really shy, and don't come to us for petting alot. She's made this bedtime ritual where she gets lots of attention and petting and she loves it so much. After she's done getting attention she goes to lie by my feet and then she sleeps there the whole night. We're those weird people who like sharing our bed with the cats XD

Decemberrose
August 12th, 2015, 05:26 AM
That's adorable!!! Kittylove :)

hannabiss
August 12th, 2015, 11:36 PM
Sounds like me and my cat Banana. Every night she comes for love and to "massage" (clawing gentally in a kneading dough like manner) my scalp or my neck. Not the most comfortable thing but it's her way of saying she's happy. She also sings the song of her people. A little diddy that goes like this Prrrrrprrrrrrrprrrrrrrprrrrrrr.

Also does anyone else's cat make weird chirping noises at them? It like my cat doesnt want to meow she just kinda makes fluttering noises at me or purrs.

goneJackal
August 12th, 2015, 11:58 PM
We're those weird people who like sharing our bed with the cats XD
I feel the bed is theirs and they share it with me (not always):

http://i.imgsafe.org/cf66860.jpg

PixieP
August 13th, 2015, 06:17 AM
Ahahaha GoneJackal that's what I feel like at times too XD We have only three though XD

My husband sent me this picture today:

https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/v/t34.0-12/11873999_10153421639322247_211600848_n.jpg?oh=e5de cb0ebc10663309429d0e1fe50d8d&oe=55CEECE5

That's the same cat, who's so stubborn about sleeping on top of me XD I move around alot in the mornings, and she'll move with me. According to my husband she slept on me like that for at least 20 minutes until I moved again and accidentally knocked her off the bed.

missrandie
August 13th, 2015, 09:14 AM
PixieP that was me this morning, except substitute in a tiny (6 lb) purring black Persian. She started on my shoulder, then moved down slowly to my hip, rode the wave as I turned to my back, then half layed on me until she tried to steal my pillow. Turns out she just wanted food.

Fericera
August 13th, 2015, 09:30 AM
Sadly my kitten banana wants to "knead" my hair with her claws while she purrs.

My cat used to do that when I was a teenager, except he'd end up laying on it and I'd be pinned in place by my hair. :)

alishaxmarie
August 13th, 2015, 09:56 AM
Haha aw! One of my bf's cats will bat at my hair if I have it down and draped over the back of his couch. Sometimes my rabbit will nibble the ends too but it's okay because he's adorable and I love him and it doesn't hurt like when the cat's nails rip through my hair lol

brickworld13
August 13th, 2015, 10:05 AM
GoneJackal, how do you even have a space to sleep? So many kitties to manage.

NorthernLorelei
August 13th, 2015, 10:41 AM
What an affectionate cat! <3

Not a kitty, but I went to a friend's house wearing a bun and they have a large and very vocal parrot. The bird ended up perching on my hair stick for most of dinner, which was cute, but a bit difficult, considering how heavy and loud it was!

goneJackal
August 13th, 2015, 12:17 PM
Ahahaha GoneJackal that's what I feel like at times too XD We have only three though XD
Three was my limit, too, but then... it's five! :P

GoneJackal, how do you even have a space to sleep? So many kitties to manage.
Hahah, it's tough!
Usually, only one or two cats sleep in the bed.
The black cat (Pretinha) is always there.
I know many people don't like it, but it really fills my heart. :)

Yes, a bigger bed is in my plans. :P

missrandie
August 13th, 2015, 12:27 PM
goneJackal, your felines are precious creatures :) If the hubs and I had more room, we would probably have more cats. We catsitted our friends' huge fat orange tabby, and we then realuzed that three cats would be too much in our 1 bedroom apartment. Were we in my old 3 bedroom, we could have one or 2 more.

In the future, hubs wants a big orange tabby and a munchkin cat.

goneJackal
August 13th, 2015, 12:54 PM
goneJackal, your felines are precious creatures :) If the hubs and I had more room, we would probably have more cats. We catsitted our friends' huge fat orange tabby, and we then realuzed that three cats would be too much in our 1 bedroom apartment. Were we in my old 3 bedroom, we could have one or 2 more.

In the future, hubs wants a big orange tabby and a munchkin cat.
I know what you mean!
I (literally) trip on cats all day. :P

I have a big orange, too!
She's finally losing weight:

(click to enlarge)
http://i.imgsafe.org/30775ba.jpg (http://i.imgsafe.org/f3085d0.jpg)

brickworld13
August 13th, 2015, 01:05 PM
In case anyone needed more cat photos in their lives, http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=49475

SnottyDotty
August 13th, 2015, 04:19 PM
Awwww! That's absolutely adorable and such a gorgeous kitty.
That brightened my day :bounce:

renia22
August 13th, 2015, 09:59 PM
I loved the video too! So sweet =^..^=

turtlelover
August 13th, 2015, 10:01 PM
My cats generally leave my hair alone, aside from sleeping on it when I leave it loose, but my youngest cat will totally freak out at the smell of certain hairspray and try to eat my hair and claw my head! It is bizarre! :disgust: