PDA

View Full Version : Natural Hairline- Stressing Me

Bunnehlvr22
August 9th, 2015, 08:57 PM
I had to put my hair up into a ponytail for work because it was greasy today and I noticed my hair line at the temples look a lot like this:http://www.hair-styles-secrets-revealed.com/hair/821/can-you-stop-female-receding-hairline/ . Now, I've always a hair line that had the hair line receding at the temples all my life. But I don't remember it being as bad as it is now. I can't tell if I'm just now noticing it because I'm looking at my hair more or if it may actually be receding. I don't pull my ponytails tight.

The thought that it could be is stressing me out. My family has a genetic disposition to get thinning hair later in life but I'm only 22.

Yet I haven't had any hair shedding other than the couple from shampooing and brushing everyday.

Is it possible for a hairline to naturally look like that?

Excuse me while I go to stress more.

mindwiped
August 9th, 2015, 09:24 PM
It is possible for a hair line to look like that.

If you're really stressing about this, you might ask your doctor about testing your thyroid and hormone levels. I'm a bit older than you, but I started having some hairloss when I was about your age. I've got hypothyroidism and PCOS, both can cause hair loss.

I don't remember my father having hair on the top of his head. When I saw his senior pictures I could tell it was thinking back then. Since that gene is passed from father to daughter to grandsons, I've got it, and when the PCOS threw my hormones out of whack, increasing my testosterone, which lead to that gene becoming active. I've got around half the volume of hair I had as a senior in high school, but that's up from only a third, so it's progress.

Getting on top of my thyroid and the hormones helps me greatly, and they tests are simple blood tests, so nothing invasive. It's a good place to start investigating.

lapushka
August 10th, 2015, 09:28 AM
Have you got a pic of your *own* hairline. We tend to sometimes not see our own hair for what it is, and you might be exaggerating the situation. I don't know. I can't tell. If you haven't lost more hair lately, I doubt it is indeed receding.