PDA

View Full Version : Hello from PA!

goatgurl
March 20th, 2008, 06:24 PM
Hello all,
My name is Heather and I live in south central PA. I live on a farm with my husband and raise beef and dairy goats. I have a wonderful QH mare and love being outside. I want to grow my hair long again, but have no idea where to start. Any suggestions?

Xandergrammy
March 20th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Hi Heather! I'm in PA too. My advice to you is to go to The Mane Board and jump right in. You'll make lots of friends and get loads of hair advice.

Caldonia Sun
March 20th, 2008, 08:12 PM
Hi Heather,

I'm in PA, too. Probably not far from you. Welcome and happy growing!

kwaniesiam
March 20th, 2008, 08:23 PM
I'm from PA, but the western lower corner. Hello and welcome! Best advice was already given by XanderGrammy. Just jump right in, you'll learn loads and make lots of new friends :flowers:

redcelticcurls
March 20th, 2008, 08:47 PM
I'm in PA too, near Kwaniesiam.

Welcome! I hope that you enjoy your stay here.

Stagecoach
March 20th, 2008, 08:59 PM
*waves* another PA'er here too! Nice to have you join us!

I know you'll get loads of good advice here, so jump in and join the fun!

Patrycja
March 21st, 2008, 12:12 PM
after the Mane Forum-check out the recipe forum.That's where all of us posts are good(and sometimes bad lol ) recipes and such.Here's to healthy hair! :flowers:

Islandgrrl
March 21st, 2008, 12:15 PM
Hi Heather, and welcome. I'm not from PA. I'm from WA (nearly as far as you can get from PA!). Everyone else's advice about jumping right in is spot on!

Tell us about your hair.... how long is it now, how long do you want it to be, what's the condition, etc.....

goatgurl
March 21st, 2008, 09:52 PM
Well I measured my hair tonight and it's 17 in. My longest layer is about shoulder length. Right now it is a mess. I had Gastric Bypass surgery and right afterwards couldn't get enough protein, so now I have some hair loss, but I only notice it in the sink/shower. Not really on my head. I'd say the ends are dry (I'm going to try using some EVOO on it, but should I dilute it with anything?) My scalp is really dry (in fact all my skin is dry) but it seems like my hair gets oily (it could just be me thinking that though). I bought some Suave conditioners tonight to try the CO method. Also, does anyone have any suggestions on how to wear my hair, other than a pony tail? I can't french braid, mine or anyone else's! I use the "ouchless" hair bands, but should I switch to scrunchies? I want my old hair back! It used to be long and thick and shiny, but I cut it all off and haven't gotten back to that old length yet. Plus I have colored quite a lot over the years, I'll hold out and get my original color back, then dye it again. My husband loves me as a redhead, so I'm thinking of trying some henna coloring later. I'd also like to know more about the brown sugar/egg thing, I can't find any insructions on it though. Anyone have any other suggestions on how to get healthy long hair?

morningstar
March 24th, 2008, 11:27 PM
Welcome her to LHC goatgurl. I love PA. and lived there for a couple of years. Wilkes Barrie, my Aunt lives in a small town Connellsville.