PDA

View Full Version : It's been awhile, and I did cut my hair

ladyfey
August 7th, 2015, 07:58 AM
I haven't been on since April, I had decided to go from floor length hair to a shoulder length bob and got it done on April 24. Since then I've gone to a chin length bob, which I'm liking even more than the shoulder length. I know that you can have short hair and be on LHC, but I took a break for awhile :)
I am loving the short hair, I didn't realize how much I thought about my hair until I got it cut. My seborrheic dermatitis has improved SO much, I think washing everyday (instead of every other when it was long) has really helped. Also, it's not damp half the time! I think that has helped.
Last summer, I think I got in the pool with my kids 3 or 4 times, it was just too hard with the hair, this summer, I get in every night with them.
In the past, I went from knee length to short and thought I'd never grow it out again. This time I'm keeping my hair toys, just in case :) Plus, my daughter wants to grow her hair long, so she can use them someday.
The only thing I'm still getting used to is the constant shedding. When it was up in a bun, it couldn't, so it only shed in the bathroom when I took it down. Now, I feel little shed hairs every now and then throughout the day. But overall, I'm loving it! :)

Stiria
August 7th, 2015, 08:17 AM
Wow! From floor to shoulder to chin. That's quite a change! I am glad you love it, that's all that matters. :D The sheds must be annoying though. I visited a friend this summer and she wears her hair loose all the time. Shed hair everywhere!

LongCurlyTress
August 7th, 2015, 08:33 AM
It sounds like you made the right decision to cut up to a chin length bob. My hair was cut up to a chin length curly 3b bob in March, 2011 so I could cut off the damaged dyed length that had grown out to chin length. Short hair has it's challenges for a curlygirl, but it was fun and different. I even had fun with straightening it which is something I never do now. I am happy for you, especially since your scalp problems are gone. Yay!! :toast:

spidermom
August 7th, 2015, 08:56 AM
You must feel so light and free.

turtlelover
August 7th, 2015, 09:08 AM
If you are happy about it, that is what matters! :-) Good to see you back here!

Kherome
August 7th, 2015, 09:08 AM
Hey my favorite creepy and unlikeable LHCer! Good to see you back again.

brickworld13
August 7th, 2015, 09:12 AM
I loved short hair for a lot of reasons, but I also like long hair. I will find my happy length one of these days. Nice to see you back! :waving:

TrapperCreekD
August 7th, 2015, 10:16 AM
Good to see you back! Long hair is a state of mind, no matter what your current length is.

ladyfey
August 7th, 2015, 11:13 AM
Thanks, guys! It is good to be back :)
The shedding is annoying, but my bathroom floor (where all shed hair was released before) is much cleaner!

meteor
August 7th, 2015, 11:22 AM
It's so great to see you back on the LHC, ladyfey!! :joy:

Wow, floor to chin sounds like quite a decision! Super impressive! :thud: So happy that you love your new haircut!! :D

lapushka
August 7th, 2015, 02:34 PM
Why? Why all the cutting scenario's? :( I find this so sad. From floor to chin is a big thing. I hope you'll not come to regret your decision, because growing this back will take *years*. Enjoy your new length, and the new freedom you found. At least there's a positive side. :)

hannabiss
August 7th, 2015, 04:49 PM
I love and support change. Glad your happy with the cut. I've think I'll grow my hair as long as it'll go until I go on my five year bike ride once my youngest is 18. May shave it all off and not have to worry about it for five years.

Silverbrumby
August 8th, 2015, 09:30 AM
Congratulations! First on growing it to such an amazing length. Second, on cutting it to the length you chose. Just because we can grow does not mean we all should. I have pressure to cut because of my insane taper at APL. You must have had pressure because of the insane lengths you can grow to. What makes us happy is the most important factor in anyones life. Good on you.

ladyfey
August 11th, 2015, 09:09 AM
Thanks again, all. I have gone from knee to short before, so this is not my first huge chop. I tend to grow it out without much thought and it grows very quickly, so I don't see it as that big of a deal. If I want it back, it'll take maybe 5 years, and I'm old enough to think that 5 years isn't very long :)

ladyfey
August 11th, 2015, 09:12 AM
I didn't have much pressure because it was always up in a bun, no one really saw it! I got it cut when my kids (6 year old twins) were at school, when I picked them up my daughter said; "you need to keep it like this, always!" So she likes it, my son didn't seem to care.

meteor
August 11th, 2015, 09:37 AM
Thanks again, all. I have gone from knee to short before, so this is not my first huge chop. I tend to grow it out without much thought and it grows very quickly, so I don't see it as that big of a deal. If I want it back, it'll take maybe 5 years, and I'm old enough to think that 5 years isn't very long :)

Wow, that's just amazing! :D How do you do your magical kind of benign neglect that gets you to floor length? :magic: How often do you trim? Could you please share any details on your washing/styling routine, pretty please? :pray: :flower:

DakarNick
August 11th, 2015, 10:55 AM
Pics please?!