PDA

View Full Version : Thanks LHC for encouraging me to keep my hair!

David W
August 6th, 2015, 10:52 PM
Just wanted to post and say thanks for the suggestions from the community here, and for the compliments. I was seriously cutting my hair short for the first time in 10 years or so back in June and posted here. I took the advice here to not be rash and to add a bit of variability to my routine and see if that helped, and it certainly did. I actually enjoyed mixing up styles and trying out some new things other than a ponytail (managed to go ponytail free for all of July), and throwing people for a bit of a loop was an added bonus. I am definitely glad that I didn't cut as I'm certain it would have been a mistake and am glad you guys encouraged me to have a bit of fun with my hair. I'll definitely stop by here from time to time going forward.

Any way just wanted to say thanks for the advice and for the positive feedback! I do get nice comments from time to time, but I think being a guy generally throws people off when it comes to complimenting hair etc. There are tons of awesome manes here and best of luck with your growing!

Here's a picture of it down, though I never wear it loose.
http://s14.postimg.org/t7usgebq9/lkjfd7688.png

Seventy7
August 7th, 2015, 01:02 AM
That's a real gorgeous mane! It's so good to hear you're enjoying it!

Keep it up ;):thumbsup:

flickm
August 7th, 2015, 01:16 AM
sorry, double post

flickm
August 7th, 2015, 01:17 AM
Stunning hair. I remember when you were thinking of cutting it. I'm so glad you didn't.

Sarahlabyrinth
August 7th, 2015, 01:36 AM
Wow, your hair is fabulously stunning - and I'm glad you learned new ways to wear it and decided not to cut! Cutting is so easy - but the regrets after doing so can last a very long time. Just stunning hair you have there :)

bte
August 7th, 2015, 02:25 AM
Good to hear from you here and congratulations on such awesome hair!

Mimha
August 7th, 2015, 02:57 AM
(...)

Here's a picture of it down, though I never wear it loose.
http://s14.postimg.org/t7usgebq9/lkjfd7688.png

:thud: :thud: :thud:

Really, David, your hair is to die for. It has all what is desirable in hair : amazing thickness, wonderful shine, perfect thick hemline that shows a huge potential for stunning growth. It looks super well taken care of, and I don't even mention the rich dark color and beautiful texture !... *(Mimha in awe)*

You are blessed with great hair genes and it would be a pity not to enjoy it to its full potential. You don't know how many girls would sell father and mother to get your hair !... And you know, I'm not the one to distribute compliments just for the sake of it : I am very particular about hair. My compliments only go to genuine things.

When you have doubts, just come here and post a pic !! :D

lapushka
August 7th, 2015, 03:44 AM
It looks like you have such good thick hair, and you don't see that around that much, I mean *really* thick. It would be a shame to cut that short, it would even be awful, because hair that thick that short is a *mess* and would need to be thinned out not to look atrocious. Ask me how I know... and my hair's not even that thick.

brickworld13
August 7th, 2015, 06:24 AM
:thudpile: I'm glad you learned new styles. It's simply glorious hair.

Kitten1030
August 7th, 2015, 06:34 AM
Oh my gosh! Thank you, hair that gorgeous should be allowed to grow grow grow! So jealous of that hemline.:thud: I love when I see guys with long hair out in the wild,it just makes me happy. I always think "yessss!" I just think it speaks to a strong character and a big ol' eff ya to societal norms and constraints. You go be you, be awesome!

DreamSheep
August 7th, 2015, 07:41 AM
Your hair is breathtaking :p Almost makes me wanna cut my hair up to my shortest layer (which is at the same height) and sport a blunt hemline! it's amazing on you :)

HairPlease
August 7th, 2015, 07:45 AM
Nice mane. Glad you decided to keep it!

SongofLove
August 7th, 2015, 08:07 AM
My God, that's a beautiful head of hair :heartbeat Congrats on such lovely growth!

Chromis
August 7th, 2015, 08:15 AM
Looking great! :cheer:

(Also, it warms my heart to see noncutting posts!)

meteor
August 7th, 2015, 03:33 PM
Yay! I'm so happy you've developed new routines and new hairstyles for your hair! :joy: What a joy it must be! :D That's great news!
Your hair is so awesome: super thick, shiny, and truly in incredible condition! :thudpile:
I'm so curious: what's your hair routine now? :)

David W
August 7th, 2015, 04:52 PM
That's a real gorgeous mane! It's so good to hear you're enjoying it!

Keep it up ;)

Thanks! I certainly am.

Stunning hair. I remember when you were thinking of cutting it. I'm so glad you didn't.

Thanks, so am I.

Wow, your hair is fabulously stunning - and I'm glad you learned new ways to wear it and decided not to cut! Cutting is so easy - but the regrets after doing so can last a very long time. Just stunning hair you have there :)

Thanks! I am sure I would have regretted it a ton.

Good to hear from you here and congratulations on such awesome hair!

Thanks

Really, David, your hair is to die for. It has all what is desirable in hair : amazing thickness, wonderful shine, perfect thick hemline that shows a huge potential for stunning growth. It looks super well taken care of, and I don't even mention the rich dark color and beautiful texture !...

You are blessed with great hair genes and it would be a pity not to enjoy it to its full potential. You don't know how many girls would sell father and mother to get your hair !... And you know, I'm not the one to distribute compliments just for the sake of it : I am very particular about hair. My compliments only go to genuine things.

When you have doubts, just come here and post a pic !! :D

Thank you, even if you do exaggerate a bit. And I may have to stop by for the occasional compliment from time to time.

It looks like you have such good thick hair, and you don't see that around that much, I mean *really* thick. It would be a shame to cut that short, it would even be awful, because hair that thick that short is a *mess* and would need to be thinned out not to look atrocious. Ask me how I know... and my hair's not even that thick.

Thanks! It is very thick, and quite hot in the summer, but well worth it.

:thudpile: I'm glad you learned new styles. It's simply glorious hair.

Thanks!

Oh my gosh! Thank you, hair that gorgeous should be allowed to grow grow grow! So jealous of that hemline. I love when I see guys with long hair out in the wild,it just makes me happy. I always think "yessss!" I just think it speaks to a strong character and a big ol' eff ya to societal norms and constraints. You go be you, be awesome!

Thanks and agreed. Not sure how much longer I'll let it get currently as I quite like this length, but you never know. Certainly not shorter though.

Your hair is breathtaking :p Almost makes me wanna cut my hair up to my shortest layer (which is at the same height) and sport a blunt hemline! it's amazing on you :)

Thanks, but certainly don't cut yours!

Nice mane. Glad you decided to keep it!

Thanks

My God, that's a beautiful head of hair :heartbeat Congrats on such lovely growth!

Thank you

Looking great!

(Also, it warms my heart to see noncutting posts!)

Thanks, and hopefully it encourages someone else not to cut who would regret it.

Yay! I'm so happy you've developed new routines and new hairstyles for your hair! What a joy it must be! :D That's great news!
Your hair is so awesome: super thick, shiny, and truly in incredible condition! :thudpile:
I'm so curious: what's your hair routine now? :)

Thanks. I didn't change my routine too much really. I wash on average twice a week, once with shampoo. I started using oil a couple months ago and put coconut oil on it once ever week or so. I have gotten it trimmed every 6 months or so for the last couple years keeping it about where it's at, but maybe I'll push back the next trim in a couple months. The main thing I changed up it how I wear it. I pretty much wore a ponytail everyday previously which had grown a little stale I suppose, though I still like to wear it like that. Now though I've begun wearing a bun some, mostly because its hot and it was the only non-ponytail style I could manage at first. I've also been working on my braiding and wear an english braid a lot now. And I am getting a dutch braid down pretty well now too. Plus I'll modify a ponytail and I've worn a few half-ups because my girlfriend is a fan of those though they aren't my favorite. I'll definitely try and learn a few more as it is quite satisfying to get them right, even if I might not have the guts to wear something out and about.

meteor
August 8th, 2015, 09:03 AM
^ Thanks a lot for sharing your routine! :flowers: Sounds great! :D

And wow, you can even Dutch-braid now! That's actually very cool! (Someday, I hope I'll learn it, too! :oops: )

Adiro
August 8th, 2015, 09:17 AM
Your hair is about absolutely gorgoeus, so thick and shinny!