PDA

View Full Version : DreamSheep - 1 year on the LHC! :)

DreamSheep
August 5th, 2015, 11:16 AM
Hi people!

I've been hanging out here for just over a year now (I joined 31st of July, but coincidentally on the 5th last year I took this picture, and I'm wearing the same dress today, so here's a side by side of one year of growth!). Cropped the pics a little just so you can see the growth better. In this time I trimmed once (the ends), so the gain isn't so large. I also dyed my hair red though it has mostly washed out. I brushed my hair today (the one from last year was for hairtyping), but despite that, I think the growth is quite visible, and since joining the LHC I feel my hair looks so much nicer and better now!

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/magikspiffy/Hair1year.png
One year of growth!

Anyway, in this year I have:
- learnt to trim myself (though only once)
- made many cool friends on this forum!
- learnt to save money on shampoo + conditioner
- spent it all instead on the wonders of hairtoys
- learnt to bun my hair and can do quite a few now
- taken part in 3 swaps (3rd one is still underway)
- learnt to carve (a bit)
- dyed my hair red ombré

So, thank you so much everyone who has been around this year, as this is how I've learnt so much (and I think my hair looks so much nicer now after joining than before!) - and here's to many more round here!

I decided I to include 9 other pictures I really like of my hair from this year (I know my posts are usually overflowing with smilies, but in order for more pics to go in I've had to really refrain from them!) - there are way more in my album though and you've probably seen all of these before, but here goes:

1) My favourite picture of my natural colour (in indirect sunlight - it gets very light in Spain, but darkens/grows dark in the UK)
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/magikspiffy/IMG_20141122_114352.jpg

2) My favourite bun picture
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/magikspiffy/IMG_9459.jpg

3) One of my favourite pics of my natural hair colour & texture. Unfortunately my hair killed that flexi-8
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/magikspiffy/d157b407-dd10-437d-9175-76d63c9b0b29.jpg

4) Hair freshly dyed with Pillarbox Red by Directions
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/magikspiffy/0433e675-c863-4d54-8062-bbbd6787f025.jpg

5) French braid for martial arts
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/magikspiffy/IMG_9781.jpg

6) Intricate updo for a ball
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/magikspiffy/IMG_9820.jpg

7) Hair freshly redyed with Directions Fire over the faded Directions Pillarbox Red
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/magikspiffy/17094_973314512701859_4500025320941030096_n.jpg

8 ) My avatar, with a flower made by Quasiquixotic for the Spring Self Made swap
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/magikspiffy/IMG_20150603_193532.jpg

9) French braid left in for over a day + super faded dye effect - giving a pink tint to my hair
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/magikspiffy/6368f190-1a0a-446c-b744-e49a559e1536.jpg

missrandie
August 5th, 2015, 11:26 AM
I love your hair so much!!! Thank you for sharing with us :)

And congrats on a great year of growth!

brickworld13
August 5th, 2015, 11:30 AM
You've only been here a year?!! I can't believe that. I just can't. Your hair is looking lovely and that thickness :inlove: Congratulations and I hope you stick around for a long time. :beercheer:

meteor
August 5th, 2015, 11:41 AM
Yay! Happy Hairiversary, DreamSheep! :cake: :joy: Hard to believe you've been here only one year!
And thanks for the eye candy! Your hair is absolutely incredible! :applause
The stunning thickness, the gorgeous wavy texture and that incredible ombre! :thudpile: *swoon*
Happy hairiversary! :smooch:

Nellon
August 5th, 2015, 11:45 AM
What meteor said. Dream hair! I don't have words, just... *in awe*. It looks a lot thicker now also. Lovely!

parkmikii
August 5th, 2015, 11:46 AM
This is gorgeous! Congratulations! :)

wilderwein
August 5th, 2015, 11:48 AM
I always enjoy seeing photos of your hair! Gorgeous! *.* Congratulations for your progress!!!! :flowers: :joy:

P.S. I want the yellow dress :lol:

MicheleZ
August 5th, 2015, 11:52 AM
Your hair is so very very thick and amazing!

Neelie
August 5th, 2015, 12:04 PM
Your like, my hair idol!
I'm obsessed ha. So so beautiful :)

Pinni
August 5th, 2015, 12:14 PM
Congrats!:o Your hair looks amazing! Specially that french braid, omg.

ashke50
August 5th, 2015, 12:24 PM
You have beautiful, thudworthy hair, and you are a warm, friendly presence on the board as well!
Can't believe you've only been here a year!

Lady Katherine
August 5th, 2015, 12:31 PM
Congrats! Your hair looks great! You gained some length and it looks really healthy! I joined about a year ago too. I should start thinking about my anniversary post.... :hmm:

two_wheels
August 5th, 2015, 12:31 PM
Ah happy LHC-versary! Your pictures are fantastic and you have made great progress :)

Robot Ninja
August 5th, 2015, 12:45 PM
Gorgeous! The wave pattern and the layers and the ombre...just gorgeous.

flickm
August 5th, 2015, 12:56 PM
Good grief, your hair is thick! And who would have known it was so blonde? Just awesome.
Whenever I see your name, I think of the book 'Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep', of which my bloke Mic has a copy and which, as I'm sure you know, was the basis for the film Blade Runner.

Daylilly
August 5th, 2015, 03:20 PM
Congrats on one year and your pics are always so inspiring. Keep up the good work!

yogagirl
August 5th, 2015, 04:16 PM
Happy Hairiversary!! Thank your sharing your pics, they are all gorgeous! When I saw the fancy updo you did for the ball I about fell off my chair, so so pretty.

And you can definitely tell your hair has grown a ton. Not only are your longest hairs much longer, but you also have a ton of thickness that traveled down. Oh and did your hair get wavier? Because the hair typing picture looks much straighter than today's where you brushed.

Beatnik Guy
August 5th, 2015, 04:44 PM
You've only been here a year? Look forward to meeting you and seeing your hair next month. :)

alexis917
August 5th, 2015, 04:45 PM
Love the faded pink, actually! But I love pink, so, I'm biased. Fabulous hair :)

neko_kawaii
August 5th, 2015, 04:49 PM
I like both the fresh dye and the faded pink! Have I mentioned before that I love your foxes?

Duchess Fuzzy Buns
August 5th, 2015, 04:51 PM
Gorgeous as ever DreamSheep! :thudpile: Happy anniversary!

hinabelle
August 5th, 2015, 07:37 PM
You have such beautiful, wondrous hair. :thud: :crush: :thud: Ever since I joined you have always been
one of my favorite heads of hair here. Very inspirational, and lovely progress you have made! Have fun
on the journey to come. :flower:

Peabody
August 5th, 2015, 07:51 PM
Hairspiration :blossom:
Makes me hopeful for next year

bonbon58
August 5th, 2015, 08:09 PM
your hair is truly a dream :heartbeat:

David W
August 5th, 2015, 08:13 PM
You have awesome hair!

TwilightShadow
August 5th, 2015, 11:25 PM
Your hair looks gorgeous! I think my favorite picture is the last one, with the faded pink dye.

Arctic
August 5th, 2015, 11:28 PM
Happy anniversary! I somehow thought you'd have been here for much longer!
You've gotten good growth and you hair look beautiful in every picture! My fav colour was your first dipdye! :inlove:

Swan Maiden
August 5th, 2015, 11:37 PM
Beautiful. Always a pleasure to see your hair.

tigress86
August 6th, 2015, 04:13 AM
Wow, so many beautiful photos. My favorite is the one with the flexi-8 your hair killed :D

Upside Down
August 6th, 2015, 05:01 AM
Congrats Lions Mane! <3
Epic hair what else is there to say!!!

Ps I wear the swirly stick you made me for the swap almost daily ;)

stachelbeere
August 6th, 2015, 05:49 AM
soooooooooooo pretty!!!!!!!!!! :) congrats!

bte
August 6th, 2015, 05:55 AM
A great year for you and your many friends here! Looking forward to future updates in the future.

DreamSheep
August 6th, 2015, 06:55 AM
I love your hair so much!!! Thank you for sharing with us :)

And congrats on a great year of growth!
Thank you!! ^_^

You've only been here a year?!! I can't believe that. I just can't. Your hair is looking lovely and that thickness :inlove: Congratulations and I hope you stick around for a long time. :beercheer:
Thank you brickworld!! I am also surprised when I see members announce their 1 year anniversary and I've imagined them to be here since the start of time :p That said, I probably post loads which might make me seem like I've been around for longer. I hope I stay around long too ^_^ (and that my hair keeps growing too!)

Yay! Happy Hairiversary, DreamSheep! :cake: :joy: Hard to believe you've been here only one year!
And thanks for the eye candy! Your hair is absolutely incredible! :applause
The stunning thickness, the gorgeous wavy texture and that incredible ombre! :thudpile: *swoon*
Happy hairiversary! :smooch:
Thank you so much!! ^_^
And for all of your encouraging words and advice throughout the year!

What meteor said. Dream hair! I don't have words, just... *in awe*. It looks a lot thicker now also. Lovely!
Thank you! ^_^ I trimmed off the thin tail, so I think that helped with the illusion a lot. :)

This is gorgeous! Congratulations! :)
Thank you! ^_^

I always enjoy seeing photos of your hair! Gorgeous! *.* Congratulations for your progress!!!! :flowers: :joy:

P.S. I want the yellow dress :lol:
Thank you wilderwein!! I love seeing pics of your hair too :)
The yellow dress I bought 3-4 years ago at H&M (I also bought an identical one in black). I have to say it is one of my favourite H&M purchases, even though it is a tad short.

Your hair is so very very thick and amazing!
Thank you! ^_^

Your like, my hair idol!
Thank you! :)

Congrats!:o Your hair looks amazing! Specially that french braid, omg.
Thank you! :D It was my first proper neat French braid, so I had to take a picture

You have beautiful, thudworthy hair, and you are a warm, friendly presence on the board as well!
Can't believe you've only been here a year!
Thanks ashke50!! ^_^ That's so sweet of you to say - though I think it is impossible not to be friendly here because everyone is so lovely!!!
((I still have to post you stuff, I haven't forgotten...!)) *guilty DreamSheep*

Congrats! Your hair looks great! You gained some length and it looks really healthy! I joined about a year ago too. I should start thinking about my anniversary post.... :hmm:
Thank you!! :) Look forward to seeing your anniversary post too! :)

Ah happy LHC-versary! Your pictures are fantastic and you have made great progress :)
Thanks two_wheels! ^_^ <3

Gorgeous! The wave pattern and the layers and the ombre...just gorgeous.

Good grief, your hair is thick! And who would have known it was so blonde? Just awesome.
Whenever I see your name, I think of the book 'Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep', of which my bloke Mic has a copy and which, as I'm sure you know, was the basis for the film Blade Runner.
Thanks!! I am going to screenshot someone calling my hair blonde :p It turned really dark and brown since moving to the UK (except the canopy bits that saw Spain). I actually had never heard of the book (the name DreamSheep came out of nowhere), but that is such an awesome book title I will definitely have to read it :)

Congrats on one year and your pics are always so inspiring. Keep up the good work!

Happy Hairiversary!! Thank your sharing your pics, they are all gorgeous! When I saw the fancy updo you did for the ball I about fell off my chair, so so pretty.

And you can definitely tell your hair has grown a ton. Not only are your longest hairs much longer, but you also have a ton of thickness that traveled down. Oh and did your hair get wavier? Because the hair typing picture looks much straighter than today's where you brushed.
Aww, thanks so much!!
And, I think so, or by changing my routine, I got to coax out some waves. The bottom layer is definitely super wavy (like 2c!), but after a few days it straightens out a lot. I think the weather in the UK makes my hair slightly wavier than here in Seville, where it is very dry and my hair goes straighter - though both photos where taken in the same location so who knows...

You've only been here a year? Look forward to meeting you and seeing your hair next month. :)
Yup! :) And same! I remember I think you commented on my intro post welcoming to the forum ^_^ (and I think lapushka was the first person ever)

Love the faded pink, actually! But I love pink, so, I'm biased. Fabulous hair :)
Thanks!! :) The colour always seems to change based on the light, but I love pink too :p

I like both the fresh dye and the faded pink! Have I mentioned before that I love your foxes?
Aww, thanks! I do love that duvet cover (I like foxes too)

Gorgeous as ever DreamSheep! :thudpile: Happy anniversary!
Thanks! <3

You have such beautiful, wondrous hair. :thud: :crush: :thud: Ever since I joined you have always been
one of my favorite heads of hair here. Very inspirational, and lovely progress you have made! Have fun
on the journey to come. :flower:
Aww, thanks so much!!

Hairspiration :blossom:
Makes me hopeful for next year
Thank you!! :)

your hair is truly a dream :heartbeat:
That is so sweet! Thank you! :)

You have awesome hair!
Thanks!! Your hair is uuuhhhh-mazing too BTW! Can't wait to see how yours grows :)

Your hair looks gorgeous! I think my favorite picture is the last one, with the faded pink dye.
Thanks so much! :)

Happy anniversary! I somehow thought you'd have been here for much longer!
You've gotten good growth and you hair look beautiful in every picture! My fav colour was your first dipdye! :inlove:

Beautiful. Always a pleasure to see your hair.

Wow, so many beautiful photos. My favorite is the one with the flexi-8 your hair killed :D
Thank you! ^_^

Congrats Lions Mane! <3
Epic hair what else is there to say!!!

Ps I wear the swirly stick you made me for the swap almost daily ;)
Aww, thanks Upside Down!! :)
And I'm so happy to hear the hair stick is doing what it's supposed to!! :D

soooooooooooo pretty!!!!!!!!!! :) congrats!
Thank you!!! :)

A great year for you and your many friends here! Looking forward to future updates in the future.
Thank you bte!! :)

wilderwein
August 6th, 2015, 07:01 AM
aww thank you so much!
It's the perfect length Couse it makes the hair length stand even more! What is your hair length goal btw?

HairPlease
August 6th, 2015, 07:29 AM
Fantastic hair! You've got one heck of a braid thickness, wow.

Galloway
August 6th, 2015, 08:03 AM
Congratulations!!! Your hair is amazing! Hair envy, omg. :)

lapushka
August 6th, 2015, 08:36 AM
Amazing growth, especially the layers seem to have caught up nicely! Well done! Congratulations. :D

Radioduck
August 6th, 2015, 09:46 AM
I love everything about your hair - the colour, the thickness, the braid... Lovely! Congratiulations!

Stiria
August 6th, 2015, 10:13 AM
Congratulations DreamSheep!! :cake: Your hair is amazing! It looked oh so beautiful when you first joined, and it looks even better now!

PalomaSincera
August 6th, 2015, 11:01 AM
Tell us what you did to help your hair grow nice and healthy!!!

kendraf
August 6th, 2015, 11:35 AM
lovely as always Dreamsheep :) you have always been my hair inspiration here since I became more active last year! I too am surprised you've only been here a year.

I actually have the same natural color as you and just did red ombre over it with Pravana Vivids Red... I love it but it's so bright for work, so I'm just wearing it up a lot and waiting out the next few months for it to fade to a softer color.

Thank you for sharing your journey!

TrapperCreekD
August 6th, 2015, 01:04 PM
:thudpile: Gorgeous! Look how much the thickness traveled down! :crush:

DreamSheep
August 6th, 2015, 06:34 PM
aww thank you so much!
It's the perfect length Couse it makes the hair length stand even more! What is your hair length goal btw?
Thanks! ^_^
I actually have more of a goal growth-time than a goal length - which is to grow until I finish my PhD! After that, I guess I'll see whether I keep on growing, go back short (I always used to have short hair), or cut back to my favourite length. :)
I've also been toying with the idea of getting a fringe again - but for now I think I'm just going to stick with growing, occasionally trimming and occasionally putting semipermanent colour on it :p

Fantastic hair! You've got one heck of a braid thickness, wow.
Thanks! :)

Congratulations!!! Your hair is amazing! Hair envy, omg. :)
Thanks! :D

Amazing growth, especially the layers seem to have caught up nicely! Well done! Congratulations. :D
Thanks lapushka!! :) I did trim the bottom-most layer off at the end of last year (it actually seemed like quite a lot), so those phantom ends would probably be at classic u_u But at least when I hit classic now it will seem more like classic, though I'm also tempted to trim again the longest layer up sometime next year (not breaking the challenge! ;) )

I love everything about your hair - the colour, the thickness, the braid... Lovely! Congratiulations!
Thank you!! :)

Congratulations DreamSheep!! :cake: Your hair is amazing! It looked oh so beautiful when you first joined, and it looks even better now!
Aww, thanks so much!! :)

Tell us what you did to help your hair grow nice and healthy!!!
Aww, thanks! Things I did since joining the LHC which I feel have helped:
- stretching washes even more
- shampooing only roots, conditioning ends and length a LOT!
- hairmasks with eggs, coconut oil, etc
- bunning hair to protect ends
- brush with a tangle-teezer (and occasionally with a BBB to reduce greasy-look)
- coconut oil, or better yet, Nightblooming hairbalms (which last forever!!) :p
- S&D with sharp scissors (I used to snip before, but not with the right sort of scissors)
- staying on the LHC! :p

((however, I do do things that are more damaging such as go to pools / beaches without really protecting hair / wearing it down a lot in sports etc - but using a good conditioning treatment seems to help a lot))

lovely as always Dreamsheep :) you have always been my hair inspiration here since I became more active last year! I too am surprised you've only been here a year.

I actually have the same natural color as you and just did red ombre over it with Pravana Vivids Red... I love it but it's so bright for work, so I'm just wearing it up a lot and waiting out the next few months for it to fade to a softer color.

Thank you for sharing your journey!
That sounds amazing!! Do you have a picture of the ombre (did you possibly post it somewhere? because I think I may have seen!) - I have been tempted to try Pravana as they say they are really good, but also worried it might not fade as much as I'd want, though it's left my hair with a nice warmer-pinky tone I really like. :)

:thudpile: Gorgeous! Look how much the thickness traveled down! :crush:
Thanks!! <3 I'd like to think it is emulating your hair - I can always see so much awesome progress in each of your pics!

yahirwaO.o
August 6th, 2015, 09:23 PM
I love your hair. :magic: It looks nice, healthy and bouncy!

Im a fine haired gul here and my hair can get heavy on me sometimes, does it happen to you with all that georgeos but insanely thick hair? Im also in love with your hem and layers, they balance your hair in a really beautiful cascade!!

Ingrid
August 6th, 2015, 09:56 PM
Your hair looks fantastic, congratulations!

Crystawni
August 6th, 2015, 10:06 PM
DreamSheep, thank you for ALL the hair, and congrats on your first hairiversary! You have an amazing mane that I can only lust after. (Yeah, that sounds wrong, I know!). You're an inspiration, as evidenced by my recent (more) layering, as well as my daughter's first, and successful attempt at a compact cut on her BSL more-hair-than-me 2b mane (she uses a large flexi for a pony). Thank you also for being a great "read" and "sight" on here. Your journey so far has been colourful and long(er). :p

David W
August 6th, 2015, 11:04 PM
Thanks!! Your hair is uuuhhhh-mazing too BTW! Can't wait to see how yours grows :)

Thanks! Not sure if I'm going to let it get too much longer, but it's definitely not getting any shorter.

vpatt
August 6th, 2015, 11:09 PM
DreamSheep, your hair is beautiful! Wow.

Adiro
August 7th, 2015, 01:06 AM
OMG, Dreamship, I didn't read 5 pages of replies, just read your first post and looked at pictures, you and your hair are incredibly gorgeous! A hair like yours is what I dream of getting, in another life! It's simply AMAZING!

Sarahlabyrinth
August 7th, 2015, 01:46 AM
DreamSheep, give me your hair! Just - so amazing and each photo shows it even more beautiful than the last - swoon. Thudworthy!!!!

wilderwein
August 7th, 2015, 04:08 AM
Oh that's an interesting goal, and motivating both for your hair and PhD!
But don't you ever cut your hair shoort :wail:

Kitten1030
August 7th, 2015, 06:39 AM
One of my favorite heads of hair here. That braid! Holy cow! :bigeyes:

kendraf
August 7th, 2015, 11:38 AM
That sounds amazing!! Do you have a picture of the ombre (did you possibly post it somewhere? because I think I may have seen!) - I have been tempted to try Pravana as they say they are really good, but also worried it might not fade as much as I'd want, though it's left my hair with a nice warmer-pinky tone I really like. :)

Here it is indoors after 1 week/2 washes, the color is definitely softening up a bit. I will need to take a better picture outdoors, the first one that I took made it look fire engine red but to me it has a pinky undertone. I'm a bit worried about the fading as well, I think it will fade to a decent color but not sure if it will ever completely fade out...
http://i.imgur.com/UXfawXk.jpg

Totty
August 7th, 2015, 12:21 PM
Your like, my hair idol!

Omg.... Nice length and very thickness braid

hypersensitive
August 7th, 2015, 06:23 PM
So lovely!

Lauraes
August 7th, 2015, 11:06 PM
Your hair is stunning. :)

AlKhazzaR
August 8th, 2015, 03:29 AM
It's hard to believe such awesome hair can exist! You could share your thickness with some women and still have a lot left on your own head.Red ombre looked great :)

DreamSheep
August 8th, 2015, 07:38 AM
I love your hair. :magic: It looks nice, healthy and bouncy!

Im a fine haired gul here and my hair can get heavy on me sometimes, does it happen to you with all that georgeos but insanely thick hair? Im also in love with your hem and layers, they balance your hair in a really beautiful cascade!!
Aww, thanks! :)
My hair does get heavy - ironically, sometimes I do a topknot to balance the weight, and it feels like something is pressing down. My friends weighed my hair and it apparently weighs 350g xD
I redo buns a lot, occasionally section and make sure it is firmly anchored to the scalp to help with the weight.
When it is down it is fine though :p

Your hair looks fantastic, congratulations!
Thank you!

DreamSheep, thank you for ALL the hair, and congrats on your first hairiversary! You have an amazing mane that I can only lust after. (Yeah, that sounds wrong, I know!). You're an inspiration, as evidenced by my recent (more) layering, as well as my daughter's first, and successful attempt at a compact cut on her BSL more-hair-than-me 2b mane (she uses a large flexi for a pony). Thank you also for being a great "read" and "sight" on here. Your journey so far has been colourful and long(er). :p
Aww, thanks so much! :) That is such a sweet thing to say :)

Thanks! Not sure if I'm going to let it get too much longer, but it's definitely not getting any shorter.
Yay! :) Your hair is a dream ;)

DreamSheep, your hair is beautiful! Wow.

OMG, Dreamship, I didn't read 5 pages of replies, just read your first post and looked at pictures, you and your hair are incredibly gorgeous! A hair like yours is what I dream of getting, in another life! It's simply AMAZING!
Aw, thank you so much! Your hair is absolutely beautiful too, so you don't need another life! Yours is thick and a gorgeous colour ^_^

DreamSheep, give me your hair! Just - so amazing and each photo shows it even more beautiful than the last - swoon. Thudworthy!!!!
Aww, thanks so much Sarah!! :) Though you are the lady with the swishing, classic-length, golden sparkly locks yourself! <3 I love watching your videos :)

Oh that's an interesting goal, and motivating both for your hair and PhD!
But don't you ever cut your hair shoort :wail:
I'll do my best not to :P It can be a bit harder to manage in hot countries, but right now I'm loving it long so much I doubt that will happen. My current ponderings are more along the lines of whether to get face framing pieces or not.

One of my favorite heads of hair here. That braid! Holy cow! :bigeyes:
Thank you! ^_^

Here it is indoors after 1 week/2 washes, the color is definitely softening up a bit. I will need to take a better picture outdoors, the first one that I took made it look fire engine red but to me it has a pinky undertone. I'm a bit worried about the fading as well, I think it will fade to a decent color but not sure if it will ever completely fade out...
http://i.imgur.com/UXfawXk.jpg
That is beautiful! <3

Omg.... Nice length and very thickness braid

So lovely!
Thank you!

Your hair is stunning. :)
Thank you so much! I'm loving your new pink in your hair :D Stunning too!

It's hard to believe such awesome hair can exist! You could share your thickness with some women and still have a lot left on your own head.Red ombre looked great :)
Aww, thanks so much!! I remember, was it you who had the super-fast growing hair? Your hair is absolutely stunning as well <3 (well everyone who has commented here has gorgeous hair :3)

meteor
August 8th, 2015, 08:07 AM
Oh DreamSheep, in my praise to your epic hair I totally forgot to ask you about your hair routine! :doh:
Could you please share what you like to use on your glorious mane, pretty please? :pray: And also what kinds of updos do you like for convenience or comfort (distributing weight) the most?
Thank you so much! :flower:

DreamSheep
August 12th, 2015, 07:22 AM
Oh DreamSheep, in my praise to your epic hair I totally forgot to ask you about your hair routine! :doh:
Could you please share what you like to use on your glorious mane, pretty please? :pray: And also what kinds of updos do you like for convenience or comfort (distributing weight) the most?
Thank you so much! :flower:

Sorry, I went off on holiday! >.<

Routine:
It looks very different in Summer... right now I go to the beach and pools a lot, so I usually wash my hair every time I go do that, using shampoo (SLS), conditioner (coney) and hairmask (coney).
However, in Winter, I usually wash every 7-14 days (as needed), shampoo roots, conditioner on the length. Occasionally I do homemade hairmasks, if I can be bothered :p I let it airdry naturally and usually apply some Nightblooming hair salve to it.
Products are generally: Pantene products, Herbal Essences (Hello Hydration line) - for conditioner. Though I also use the cheap albert balsam for shampoo and conditioner when Im using a lot of it for whatever reason. :) I have coconut oil too that I use occasionally.

I S&D my ends whenever I can, and brush with a tangle teezer. Occasionally I use a BBB on the days my hair looks oilier.
I usually wear a full nauthilus bun or a LWB, which are more comfortable now with longer hair.
I rarely section my hair because I'm a bit lazy - and simply redo the bun on different parts of my head, or leave it down if I am stationary. When I have time, sometimes I make twin buns which do distribute the weight better :)

FallingDarkness
August 12th, 2015, 04:55 PM
You are my hair idol!!! One day my hair will be as magnificent as yours!! Maybe... LOL Anyways congrats on the year of lovely growth, I'll be sure to ogle your gloriously perfect hair in the near future. Not in a creepy way though. Um.
LOL Love you congrats again <3

DreamSheep
August 12th, 2015, 05:49 PM
You are my hair idol!!! One day my hair will be as magnificent as yours!! Maybe... LOL Anyways congrats on the year of lovely growth, I'll be sure to ogle your gloriously perfect hair in the near future. Not in a creepy way though. Um.
LOL Love you congrats again <3

You so sweet!
Your hair is glorious already though ^_^ And getting even more so by the day as you grow on! :) <3

teddygirl
August 12th, 2015, 06:09 PM
The pink is SO pretty! You have amazing hair. I so envy your thickness. That bun is outta control!!

FallingDarkness
August 13th, 2015, 03:13 PM
You so sweet!
Your hair is glorious already though ^_^ And getting even more so by the day as you grow on! :) <3

OMG You're so sweet too! <3

DreamSheep
August 13th, 2015, 03:17 PM
The pink is SO pretty! You have amazing hair. I so envy your thickness. That bun is outta control!!
Thank you!! ^_^ I hope to do it again sometime this Winter <3

OMG You're so sweet too! <3

<3 <3 :D

hennalonghair
August 13th, 2015, 03:59 PM
Congrats Sheepster
One of my favourite heads of hair.So gorgeous!

meteor
August 13th, 2015, 04:02 PM
Thank you so much for sharing your routine, DreamSheep! :flowers: Great to know! :D I follow very similar stuff, and I'm relieved to confirm it's fine to vary routine from hot to cold seasons quite a bit! ;)

Your mane is simply glorious!!! :thud:

SnottyDotty
August 13th, 2015, 04:52 PM
At the risk of sounding creepy yours is definitely one of my favourite heads of hair on the LHC. Absolutely beautiful :)

Your prom updo is glorious, did you follow a tutorial on it or is it a creation of your own?

texangrrl
August 13th, 2015, 04:56 PM
Congrats on one year!!

DreamSheep
August 13th, 2015, 05:17 PM
Congrats Sheepster
One of my favourite heads of hair.So gorgeous!
Thanks HLH!! ^_^ You are one of mine too <3

Thank you so much for sharing your routine, DreamSheep! :flowers: Great to know! :D I follow very similar stuff, and I'm relieved to confirm it's fine to vary routine from hot to cold seasons quite a bit! ;)

Your mane is simply glorious!!! :thud:
Thank you so much! :) My mane is looking a bit sad after visiting swimming pools and beaches over the past 3 weeks, but I think with a few good deep treatments it will recover (like every other year - I hope!!) :p

At the risk of sounding creepy yours is definitely one of my favourite heads of hair on the LHC. Absolutely beautiful :)

Your prom updo is glorious, did you follow a tutorial on it or is it a creation of your own?
That is very sweet of you! :D

And, oh gosh no, I did not do that updo! There is no way I could do that (nor have the patience!). I went to a hairdresser, and she was originally going to do a seashell bun which is apparently what everyone gets, and I was like, "Nah! Do something cool, unique and crazy! (though I did suggest the crownbraid to frame the face, and the rest was all her own idea)" (she had previously mentioned that hair styling and updos were her favourite part of her hairdressing job). She was also really nice with my requests such as no heat and no backcombing (there was hairspray but I think that was needed for it to last the night). She was also ace at concealing bobby pins - I found around 61 at the end of the night! :p

Congrats on one year!!
Thanks!! ^_^ Very happy to have been here, hope to be here for many more <3

meteor
August 13th, 2015, 06:00 PM
Thank you so much! :) My mane is looking a bit sad after visiting swimming pools and beaches over the past 3 weeks, but I think with a few good deep treatments it will recover (like every other year - I hope!!) :p

Of course your glorious mane will recover! :D
You know the drill... chelating shampoo/pack, coconut oiling, deep treatments (e.g. SMT)... I bet your hair will feel amazing after good old post-pool routine! ;)

And, oh gosh no, I did not do that updo! There is no way I could do that (nor have the patience!). I went to a hairdresser, and she was originally going to do a seashell bun which is apparently what everyone gets, and I was like, "Nah! Do something cool, unique and crazy! (though I did suggest the crownbraid to frame the face, and the rest was all her own idea)" (she had previously mentioned that hair styling and updos were her favourite part of her hairdressing job). She was also really nice with my requests such as no heat and no backcombing (there was hairspray but I think that was needed for it to last the night). She was also ace at concealing bobby pins - I found around 61 at the end of the night! :p

Wow! What a great hairdresser indeed! :bowtome: I'm super-impressed! :applause

Avis
August 13th, 2015, 08:23 PM
I would just like to say: :thud::thudpile:

Beautiful progress, thank you for sharing!

Nightshade
August 14th, 2015, 09:30 AM
Congratulations! Your hair is amazing, but it's a dim star next to your personality :) I'm really glad you found your way here!

brickworld13
August 14th, 2015, 09:57 AM
Congratulations! Your hair is amazing, but it's a dim star next to your personality :) I'm really glad you found your way here!

I see what you did there. :cool:

SnottyDotty
August 14th, 2015, 05:48 PM

How lovely that you had such a talented hairdresser who also listened to your requests :D

nakima
August 17th, 2015, 02:26 PM
OMG! your hair is gorgeous! So thick! :bowtome:

Kristabeth96
April 6th, 2017, 02:54 PM
Oh my goodness! Your everything is so perfect i could die!!!! :agape::agape::agape: