PDA

View Full Version : Today's the day! Big cut.

Angel_Abby
August 5th, 2015, 06:40 AM
I've been on a journey the past few years to let my old color grow out and let my grays come in. My color line is around shoulder length now- and I've been feeling the urge to cut- so today is the day. I'm so excited! Here's the before- I'll update the thread later after its cut:http://i688.photobucket.com/albums/vv246/cnave99/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps4lp5fxk9.jpg (http://s688.photobucket.com/user/cnave99/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps4lp5fxk9.jpg.html)

spidermom
August 5th, 2015, 06:42 AM
Your hair looks beautiful just like that.

Angel_Abby
August 5th, 2015, 06:45 AM
Thank you so much.

Neelie
August 5th, 2015, 07:26 AM
how much you planning on cutting? i LOVE your volume omg!

Angel_Abby
August 5th, 2015, 07:30 AM
To about shoulder, I think. I really enjoy the process of growing and pampering- so it's sort of like a fresh start. :)

pixldust
August 5th, 2015, 07:37 AM
Your hair is lovely; thick and shiny! Am I being dense (and it is completely possible that I am) because I can barely make out the difference in colour. Anyway, denseness aside, I'm glad you're excited about your cut :)

Angel_Abby
August 5th, 2015, 07:57 AM
Your hair is lovely; thick and shiny! Am I being dense (and it is completely possible that I am) because I can barely make out the difference in colour. Anyway, denseness aside, I'm glad you're excited about your cut :)

It's easier to see it in natural light. I tried to get DH to go on the porch with me to take the photo but he didn't think a hair picture was worth standing in the drizzle for. Lol. Light weight. ��

I was covering grays so the color was very similar to my original color anyway so it's not terribly obvious anyway- but my eyes are drawn to it whenever I look in the mirror.

turtlelover
August 5th, 2015, 08:30 AM
I'm not seeing a line of demarcation, but if it bugs YOU, that is what matters!

lapushka
August 5th, 2015, 09:32 AM
I honestly can't see a color difference. :shrug: So I don't get why you're cutting it off. :)

Arctic
August 5th, 2015, 09:35 AM
Good luck! I can understand well how annoying a demarcation can be. I also experienced lot of breakage at that point when I grew out my henna. Funny thing is, now during the past 9 months I have deliberately dip dyed my hair several times with very noticeable colour :D

ETA: Isn't it funny how boxed different hair forums are? If this would be a Going Gray type of forum, the comments would have been quite different!

Angel_Abby
August 5th, 2015, 10:32 AM
I thought the same thing! Lol. But I don't take it personally. Most people here don't even think BSL is anything to get excited about anyway- so what's eight or so inches in the grand scheme of things? :)

The splits and the texture of my hair - not to mention that pesky line my eyes can't seem to move past!- are not what I like in my hair. I'm happy to be cutting the last of my color out. I appreciate all the positive feedback. I love this forum- even if I don't reply that often.

Angel_Abby
August 5th, 2015, 04:57 PM
http://i688.photobucket.com/albums/vv246/cnave99/image_zpskpf6muyu.jpg (http://s688.photobucket.com/user/cnave99/media/image_zpskpf6muyu.jpg.html)

turtlelover
August 5th, 2015, 05:02 PM
Does it feel good to be rid of the color? Hope you enjoy your new hair!

Angel_Abby
August 5th, 2015, 05:10 PM
It feels healthy and fresh. I'm thrilled. Although the color line was a little shorter than I originally thought. It's gone! I'm so happy.

spidermom
August 5th, 2015, 05:21 PM
Did you get some layering?

Unzadi
August 5th, 2015, 05:29 PM
Looking good! Thick and shiny and bouncy, and the color is all you. Enjoy the new hair.

Angel_Abby
August 5th, 2015, 05:32 PM
Did you get some layering?

Yes I did. I have curlier hair this short- and I've had success with it in the past. Although as it grows I'll hate it in my braids! Lol!

Thanks unzadi! I'm a little sad about the extra amount off but a couple of inches really isn't a big deal at this point. I'm going to oil it and take much better care of my ends this time around. And staying away from dye!

pixldust
August 6th, 2015, 03:04 AM
I'm glad you're happy with your cut, your hair looks lovely and it's great that it's taken away those negatives so you can focus on enjoying growing it out.

Theobroma
August 6th, 2015, 06:13 AM
Only just spotted this thread. I think your hair was lovely even in the "before" picture, but the cut looks great and it's a good basis to grow out from, so congratulations! The layers don't look very extreme, so if do end up bothering you too much in braids it shouldn't take too long to microtrim them out. And I love your natural colour!

Nellon
August 6th, 2015, 06:45 AM
Love your colour and texture and everything. Brave call, and right one as well it seems. To happy growing! :toast:
Looking forward to seeing what it looks like in a year, or two :)

wanaberapunzel
August 6th, 2015, 07:59 AM
Im glad Im not the only one, I just did a big chop, or should I say shave. It's crazy how much cooler my head is. ;)

Angel_Abby
August 6th, 2015, 11:29 AM
Thanks so much! I'm enjoying the curls and sleeping on my head. You know- no bun or braid required. It's nice- although I went to braid my hair this morning before I went out to feed my horses (as usual) and my hands hit air and I had some serious cutter remorse!

I just keep reminding myself about how much fun it's going to be growing out again.

Kherome
August 6th, 2015, 11:34 AM
I remember that. I cut my BSL hair off to boy short. The next day I grabbed my brush (before I took care of my hair anyway) and went to brush through it and I accidentally threw the brush right into the wall behind me because the resistance I had expected was no longer there! Haha

Stiria
August 6th, 2015, 01:11 PM
Your hair looks lovely! It looked lovely before and it looks lovely after. It must be lovely to get a fresh start!

yahirwaO.o
August 6th, 2015, 09:01 PM
It looks so great and I know how picky some of us are when it comes to our own hair. I prefer having a nice shorter more fresh texture like yours versus unpleasent feeling long hair. Better keepping it little by little and when its gets long it looks lovely. :cool: