PDA

View Full Version : How to get good wavy hair at the beach?

LeMimi13
August 3rd, 2015, 01:37 PM
Hi!
I'm going to thr beach on saturday (been going to it everyday, but this time it's a special thing for which I wanna look better) and I want my hair to aidry nicely after being yo the sea.. Everytime I'm on the sea, it just seems to look straight with kinks, while when I normally aidry, it has strong waves! I considered french braiding, but id like to have it down.. Ideas? How can I make it get more defined waves when it has salt on it?

Gamma Vector
August 3rd, 2015, 02:29 PM
I would suggest tipping your head upside down while it's wet, shaking it a bit, scrunching it a bit, and then flipping back up. That should get it fluffed up enough to airdry into nice waves. Plus, the scrunching will encourage waves.

meteor
August 3rd, 2015, 02:34 PM
^ I agree with scrunching, for sure. :agree:

Also, I'd suggest plopping, but it's not something that can be done easily without a t-shirt and in public, so you could just put hair in a very high loose bun on top of your head when it's damp, let it dry like that and enjoy voluminous bun waves when you take it down later. ;)

LeMimi13
August 3rd, 2015, 03:01 PM
^ I agree with scrunching, for sure. :agree:

Also, I'd suggest plopping, but it's not something that can be done easily without a t-shirt and in public, so you could just put hair in a very high loose bun on top of your head when it's damp, let it dry like that and enjoy voluminous bun waves when you take it down later. ;)

Thanj you for the tips! Yet for some reason, buns with wet hair are painful and make my roots super flat and "sleek", and I love volune

two_wheels
August 3rd, 2015, 03:08 PM
You could use a couple of claw clips like this (http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb359/wheels_two/20140907_zps4ea94218.jpg) (link to pic) My hair isn't as wavy as yours but it's a great way to get volume and nice waves, plus it's out of your face and plastic is ok with water.

LeMimi13
August 3rd, 2015, 03:10 PM
You could use a couple of claw clips like this (http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb359/wheels_two/20140907_zps4ea94218.jpg) (link to pic) My hair isn't as wavy as yours but it's a great way to get volume and nice waves, plus it's out of your face and plastic is ok with water.

(Gorgeous hair picture!!! )
i haven't found those small ones yet! And how do yiu make a bun with those?

two_wheels
August 3rd, 2015, 03:27 PM
Thanks!
Not sure where you live but I'm in the UK and got mine at Accessorize.
You can do a cinnabun and put them around the outside - but I find that if you leave the hair to dry in the style in my pic, you will get nice waves and volume at the roots, my favourite!

LeMimi13
August 4th, 2015, 03:41 AM
Thanks!
Not sure where you live but I'm in the UK and got mine at Accessorize.
You can do a cinnabun and put them around the outside - but I find that if you leave the hair to dry in the style in my pic, you will get nice waves and volume at the roots, my favourite!
i think I'll give it a try today.. :)

meteor
August 4th, 2015, 09:25 AM
Two_wheels, that's a stunning style! Your texture is amazing! :crush:

Two_wheels is absolutely right, placing claw-clips around the roots will lift them really well. :agree: There is a special hair-clipping technique for curly hair that follows the same principle (different angles and placement techniques explained by DevaCurl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFLCD12RKbw) You could do little strategically placed mini-clips (kind of like mini half-ups), pushing hair forward a tiny bit and then the long loose hair can be cinnabunned or braided (to give them waves). The hold will be better and the result smoother, if you use a bit of mousse for styling.