PDA

View Full Version : Ohio enchantress long hair salon

Chelle25
August 3rd, 2015, 03:30 AM
Hello, I live in Ohio and I'm thinking about visiting Enchantress long hair salon and I was wondering if anyone here has ever been there and what your experience was.

I currently have have a hairdresser that I'm happy with but my financial situation is in a bit of a bind so I'm complentating on going to this salon.

meteor
August 3rd, 2015, 12:16 PM
Oh, how exciting! :cheer:

Sorry, I don't know anything about this salon, but it's on the LHC Long Hair-Friendly Salons List (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=11326).
I like that they do trims and dustings on dry hair and seem to offer quite a variety of long-hair-friendly trims: http://www.enchantress.com/Services.html

I hope somebody can give you more info. :flower: In the meantime, I'm wishing you a very pleasant, successful visit and looking forward to hearing how it goes! :D

Sarahlabyrinth
August 3rd, 2015, 03:58 PM
I believe they are trained in the George Michael style of hair care so they should be really good with long hair! If you do go there let us know all about how it was:)

meteor
August 3rd, 2015, 04:04 PM
^ :agree: That's right, they claim (http://www.enchantress.com/About.html)to be GM affiliate, and they also do the whole "twist in ropes and cut split ends" procedure (http://www.enchantress.com/Testimonials.html), which seems like quite a promising sign! :thumbsup:
Good luck at your appointment! :cheer:

Chelle25
August 3rd, 2015, 06:11 PM
Yes the web site they have looks promising. I'm hoping to hear from others here who have gone there. It's only a half hour drive from me. Maybe I can go for a consultation first. I hate that I am so picky but hairdressers have ruined me in the past.

Sarahlabyrinth
August 3rd, 2015, 06:16 PM
They also sell GM products if you want to try those.

Carolyn
August 3rd, 2015, 06:23 PM
I've been there several times but it's been maybe 4 years since the last time. I had meet ups with several LHCers. Lance was my stylist each time and was great. He handled my hair much more gently than I do. Jody seemed equally nice and just as careful. I did the full treatment each time but I had a french braid done once in place of the rollers and sitting under a god awful salon dryer thing. I just couldn't face that again. I got a trim which included the twisting of small sections of hair and snipping off the splits. There was lots of discussion before anything was done. They really listen. The 1 Hour treatment is a deep conditioner with a heat cap. That stuff is awesome. My hair was gorgeous after the roller set but my butt was numb from sitting under the dryer for that long. Of course I bought the full GM system and other goodies. It's worth the trip in my opinion.

There is a restaurant nearby that serves delicious liver and onions. If that doesn't trip your trigger they have other good things.

Chelle25
August 3rd, 2015, 06:37 PM
So glad to hear from someone who's been there. Thank you for going over your experience there. I don't think I would let them put me under the dryer as I'm looking for a trim only with no other services.

I was hoping to get a dry cut. My hair is very wavy so my regular guy usually cut it dry and flat ironed as to get a precise cut.

Good that they have a lot of conversation beforehand. I think I'll give them a call and set up an appointment.

I'll post my experience after I go. Might not be for a little while as I work third shift so I have to figure out a good day and time to do it.

schnibbles
August 3rd, 2015, 06:49 PM
Thanks for posting about this place! It's about an hour and a half from me. Would make a nice road-trip someday if I ever want a professional trim.
Please do let us know how you make out! :D

Carolyn
August 3rd, 2015, 06:58 PM
So glad to hear from someone who's been there. Thank you for going over your experience there. I don't think I would let them put me under the dryer as I'm looking for a trim only with no other services.

I was hoping to get a dry cut. My hair is very wavy so my regular guy usually cut it dry and flat ironed as to get a precise cut.

Good that they have a lot of conversation beforehand. I think I'll give them a call and set up an appointment.

I'll post my experience after I go. Might not be for a little while as I work third shift so I have to figure out a good day and time to do it.Lance and Jody are very accommodating. Just give them a call and tell them what you are thinking. I'm sure they will work with you. The 1 Hour treatment was fabulous. My hair was like silk afterwards. I've never had a conditioner like it. It's not something you can buy and take home with you. It's salon use only.

TheHowlingWolf
August 4th, 2015, 11:05 AM
Lance and Jody are very accommodating. Just give them a call and tell them what you are thinking. I'm sure they will work with you. The 1 Hour treatment was fabulous. My hair was like silk afterwards. I've never had a conditioner like it. It's not something you can buy and take home with you. It's salon use only.

Have you tried any of their other products? What do you think about them?

alexis917
August 4th, 2015, 11:58 AM
^I believe Madora uses the GM pink shampoo. If that isn't a convincing testamonial, I don't know what is!

Carolyn
August 4th, 2015, 02:35 PM
Have you tried any of their other products? What do you think about them?I got the cream shampoo, the cream rinse, the 12 Minute conditioner and the 60 conditioner. I like them all. The Cream shampoo smells heavenly. I remember one of the conditioners was mixed with water. I found that to be kind of a pain but it worked well. I should put them back in my product rotation and use them again. I stored away a lot of my products during some bathroom work that was never completed. IIRC they had travel sizes. Great to give things a try without a big commitment. I just went to their site and I see they have moved. No more liver and onions if I get to go again some day! Waaaaaaaa!

Sarahlabyrinth
August 4th, 2015, 02:41 PM
I have also tried the same products as Carolyn and liked them, but found them rather expensive, and I like Pantene products just as much and of course they are cheaper. But do try them, you may find that you love them, and Madora certainly does!

Madora
August 4th, 2015, 03:48 PM
I'm hopelessly biased but I adore the GM pink crème shampoo. After experiencing it at the GM NYC salon in 1982 that was enough for me! I use it diluted, however. The 3 minute conditioner was excellent too (although I had to give it up because of expense).

One cautionary note re: the pink crème shampoo...some members complained that it had too much of a "baby powder scent". I did not think so...and my nose is extremely sensitive to odors.

I've been using the pink crème shampoo exclusively since 1982. It's pricey but well worth it!

missc1115
August 6th, 2015, 05:23 AM
i have driven by it many times but didn't consider my hair long enough for a visit!

Marika
August 6th, 2015, 05:44 AM
I have never visited the salon (I live in Finland) but I really wanted to try GM products, so I ordered them from Enchantress like 10 years ago. They sent a really nice personal message with my order (partly in Finnish!) and I still remember them after all these years :) If I ever happened to be in Ohio, I would most likely visit them.

alexis917
August 6th, 2015, 06:42 AM
^That is so sweet, @Marika!

turtlelover
August 6th, 2015, 09:42 AM
I'm in Ohio, but I too have never tried them out, as my hair hasn't been super long in quite awhile. I don't plan to trim for the rest of this year but maybe I'll visit them in 2016.

kirby
August 6th, 2015, 11:36 AM
Once my hair is long enough I plan on visiting them to shape my hair and get rid of splits. I don't trust other salons not to cut off all my hard work!
I live about 2 hours away from here though, so it'll definitely be a "treat" every once in a while for my hair, not a regular thing (which my wallet wouldn't be happy about either) ;) They seem to have some great products as well

SongofLove
August 8th, 2015, 03:35 AM
They sent a really nice personal message with my order

Yes, I remember them for the same thing -- I ordered two seamless combs from them, and the thank-you note they sent was so nice! The combs are the only combs I've used ever since, too.

cat11
August 8th, 2015, 07:35 AM
Next time I'm visiting my family in Ohio, maybe I'll think about going here :)

Brattina88
August 8th, 2015, 08:24 PM
I've never even heard of it, and it's only about 25mins away from me! I want to go now!!!!!!!!

Inching Along
September 2nd, 2015, 09:59 PM
So, has anyone managed a visit since this thread was active in August? I am so curious about your experience. I am eager to visit a George Michael salon but will have to wait until I can visit California. Do share, everyone!!

Jenw777
September 3rd, 2015, 06:47 PM
Oh! This is close to me! Thank you for posting this!