PDA

View Full Version : My first LHC anniversary!

Estrid
August 2nd, 2015, 02:39 AM
So, I've been here for a year now (technically tomorrow) and it caught me quite by surprise! I did not see August coming so soon. My hair has never been long and still isn't, so this thread will be brief, just a little celebration that I've been here for one year, long hair or not :o

~Beware, this thread contains poor quality photos.~

I have tried to grow out my hair for many years, but always got tired of it when it reached just between the collarbone and APL. I wanted long hair, but I did not care enough to not pick up a random kitchen scissor and just have it all gone by my own hand. I am glad that I have tried short hair, but now I am definitely ready to get long hair.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/35n4s21.jpg

This is where I was at when I joined TLHC in August 2014. My hair was just touching my shoulders (more like touching the part of the trapezius muscle where it starts going out from the neck, but I didn't care, it was shoulder enough to me). This cut was cut by me in an attempt to even out an uneven haircut that mother gave me in January 2014 (uneven on purpose). But since then, May 2014, I have not cut or trimmed my hair.
Most of my first year I spent waiting for my hair to reach APL, which I reached in April 2015.

http://oi57.tinypic.com/28gxocz.jpg

And this is where I am at today.

If I should compare to the first photo, my hair is now touching that line/band/seam that the shirt got in the first picture. I suppose I am quite happy about the fact that my hair is growing, probably at quite average rate, but I still wish it would grow a little faster ;)

Cheers :toast:

Sarahlabyrinth
August 2nd, 2015, 02:49 AM
Your hair is really beautiful and you have had fabulous growth!

gthlvrmx
August 2nd, 2015, 03:37 AM
Your hair looks like it gained so much length! :) Your hair grows fast! Celebration time for you.

lapis_lazuli
August 2nd, 2015, 03:46 AM
Wow! Be very happy with your progress, you've come a long way. Beautiful hair! :flower:

Nebulae
August 2nd, 2015, 04:26 AM
So much growth, so pretty! Congrats on your first year :)

Elly May
August 2nd, 2015, 04:26 AM
Congratulations! Lovely hair and REALLY fast growth!!!!!

Johannah
August 2nd, 2015, 06:15 AM
Your hair grows FAST! Wow! Congrats :)

Arctic
August 2nd, 2015, 07:20 AM
OMG you have had HUGE HUGE growth! :bigeyes: That would be like twice my growth, lol! No matter how long I'm here, and no matter how well I am aware that some people have very speedy growth, it never stops to be interesting to compare to mine and somehow entertaining too to imagine what if my hair would grow so fast (I have quite medium growth plus I trim) :) Congratulations, your hair looks absolutely fantastic!

Wosie
August 2nd, 2015, 07:22 AM
Your hair has grown downwards quite fast, especially considering that it has a bit of a wave. =D Looking beautiful, as always! Your mane is one of my LHC favourites to behold, and it keeps getting prettier and prettier. ^o^ Long hair really suits you.

Estrid
August 2nd, 2015, 08:42 AM
Thank you, everyone! :D I sure am enjoying my little celebration.

I still can't believe that it's already been a year, this community has been a great help to keep myself from cutting my hair (and getting longer and longer goal-lengths). I don't even worry that I will cut my hair anymore! Feels like that itch is completely gone after looking at all beautiful photos of long hair on here.

Wosie, I am honored! A bit strange since there are so many amazing manes on this forum, feels like my hair has a long way to go before I reach that level :) But thank you, and thank you all again ^_^

Looking at the growth rate I should be a bit past waist this time next year, will see how accurate that is ;) I have never had longer hair than BSL, so it feels a bit unreal just thinking about it.

Savvyhorsez
August 2nd, 2015, 08:52 AM
Looks great! Congratulations!

Estrid
August 2nd, 2015, 10:51 AM
Thank you! :o

meteor
August 2nd, 2015, 12:08 PM
Wow, Estrid, your hair is fantastic!! :thud:

The soft wavy texture, the thickness, the color! Absolutely beautiful! :crush:

And that's incredibly fast growth! Congratulations! :applause And happy hairiversary, Estrid! :D :cake:

lapushka
August 2nd, 2015, 12:36 PM
OMG, the progress you made is amazing. In 1 year you grew that much? Your hair definitely grows *fast*. It looks really good! Congratulations. :D

Estrid
August 2nd, 2015, 12:38 PM
Thank you, meteor! :)

Is my growth really that fast? I thought it was average to get about 1,6 cm every month (which I think is my growth rate, after measuring and comparing). Oh well, I hope my hair will behave and grow much longer! :o

ETA (didn't see your comment until after I posted)

Thank you, lapushka! I think it is 18~20 cm longer, something like that at least. It is hard for me to check in the back where it seems to have grown the most

Arctic
August 2nd, 2015, 12:44 PM
1 cm per month is the avarage :) Yours is FAST! You can be very happy with your growth speed!

hannabiss
August 2nd, 2015, 01:03 PM
WOW!!! That IS a lot of growth. And your hair looks lovely!!

DeadlyUnicorn
August 2nd, 2015, 01:24 PM
Woow :inlove: It has grown so much!!

Estrid
August 2nd, 2015, 02:55 PM
Thank you :flower:

CRX<3
August 2nd, 2015, 03:42 PM
Grattis!!/Congratulations!! Looks awesome :D

Estrid
August 3rd, 2015, 02:38 PM
Thank you ^_^ *celebrating real anniversary today* :happydance:

Unzadi
August 3rd, 2015, 04:11 PM
Wow, that is some gorgeous hair; looks great short and long. Happy hairiversary and enjoy the journey to the waist-lands.

quirkybookworm
August 3rd, 2015, 06:32 PM
Congratulations! :cheer: You've got some gorgeous hair. You gained so much length in a year, and it's so thick, too!

Mimha
August 4th, 2015, 03:10 AM
Wonderful growth, Estrid !! :bigeyes: Congrats for your new length and especially for your hair quality : it looks thick (more like iii, actually) and healthy, with a great hemline and beautiful natural color ! Keep on with the good care and we are all looking forward to admiring it at waist next year !! :happydance:

By the way, I agree with all what has been said before concerning the growth rate : 18-20 cm a year is a super speedy growth ! Normal speed is more around 12 to 15 cm. and 10 cm and less is more to the slow side, I would say. So you are a lucky one ! :flower:

Estrid
August 4th, 2015, 12:37 PM
Thank you, everyone! :o

My hair is not as thick as it looks, obviously, I am a solid ii :)