PDA

View Full Version : trying to share an interesting article

spidermom
August 1st, 2015, 08:05 AM
http://io9.com/x-rays-reveal-a-mysterious-component-of-human-hair-1721280426?utm_campaign=socialflow_io9_facebook&utm_source=io9_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

LongCurlyTress
August 1st, 2015, 10:55 AM
This is really an interesting article! Thanks for posting it spidermom! My poor ends probably are shredded like in this hair photo! :(

missblueeyes
August 1st, 2015, 12:44 PM
Wow, that's a really interesting find! I'd love to know how this affects different hairtypes and their interactions with different products. It also makes me think: we have a layer of keratin that's made out of the same molecule that composes bird's claws. Our hair must be pretty strong!

meteor
August 1st, 2015, 01:05 PM
Fascinating! :D Thanks so much for sharing, spidermom! :flowers:

So how exactly is Neanderthal hair structure different from Non-neanderthal? :hmm:
Is it all about that layer of beta-keratin between cuticle and cortex?
And does it mean that some humans (depending on their genes) now have that extra layer but others don't?

lapushka
August 1st, 2015, 01:19 PM
Very interesting. Thanks for posting! :D

Robi-Bird
August 1st, 2015, 01:47 PM
That's really interesting! Thanks for sharing!

calmyogi
August 1st, 2015, 02:33 PM
Thats a cool Spidermom, thank you for sharing!

Zindell
August 2nd, 2015, 01:32 AM
Very interesting find!

Johannah
August 2nd, 2015, 07:34 AM
Wow, that's a really interesting find! I'd love to know how this affects different hairtypes and their interactions with different products. It also makes me think: we have a layer of keratin that's made out of the same molecule that composes bird's claws. Our hair must be pretty strong!

Exactly! Thank you for sharing spidermom :)