PDA

View Full Version : Can I call this APL yet??

Oskimosa
October 6th, 2008, 09:07 AM
I'm so anxious to get to that marker that I have been peeping at it every day from every angle. I took this pic last night with my hair wet, although it is pretty wavy and it might show 1/4 or 1/2 an inch longer if I had combed/pulled it straight. Anyhow, I wanted to know can I call this APL yet or not yet? It doesn't quite feel like I'm there yet, but look at those sprinter hairs! It's my fault for getting all those layers and razored ends.

http://www.geocities.com/kornroses/canicallthis.jpg

Oh, ignore the ferret shampoo in the corner. Had to give the fuzzies a bath.

Iylivarae
October 6th, 2008, 09:16 AM
Sure. I think that is APL. Congratulations!

spidermom
October 6th, 2008, 09:24 AM
I always thought of APL as the length where you can get your hair caught at your armpit. So in my head, you aren't there yet, but it won't be long.

Dolly
October 6th, 2008, 09:36 AM
If it isn't, it is PRETTY DARN CLOSE!! Congrats!!

Oskimosa
October 6th, 2008, 09:42 AM
Thanks!! I might feel more comfortable calling it APL next month, but I'm surprised how close it is.

jojo
October 6th, 2008, 02:06 PM
Id say not quite yet but another month or so, say Christmas and you will be there!

suicides_eve
October 6th, 2008, 03:08 PM
welcome to my boat!
it's there but not;)

FrannyG
October 6th, 2008, 03:16 PM
Ooh, I love these threads. :) It looks like you're about a month away from making it official. It won't be long! Your hair is really looking good, by the way. :blossom:

Oskimosa
October 6th, 2008, 05:05 PM
Thanks, FrannyG!

It seems like for me, APL and BSL are like right next to each other (2 inches max), it doesn't make much sense to have two milestones so very close together, with nothing from shoulder until then. But I'm just griping. Oh well! I'll get there!

manderly
October 6th, 2008, 05:16 PM
APL and BSL are further than you think.

I agree with Gladtobemom, APL should have you pulling hair out of your armpit :silly: I hit that a couple of months ago, and it seems like it will take forever to hit BSL. Every time I see my hair in the mirror, I think "OOOOOh, I must be BSL", only to take a look at where my bra actually sits :(

kunibob
October 6th, 2008, 05:20 PM
Thanks, FrannyG!

It seems like for me, APL and BSL are like right next to each other (2 inches max), it doesn't make much sense to have two milestones so very close together, with nothing from shoulder until then. But I'm just griping. Oh well! I'll get there!

BSL to waist is another "fun" long one! (Some people use "mid back", but that's pretty nebulous on me...)

Anyway, I would say you are "just skimming APL."

Either way, congrats on your growth thus far! :cheese:

SweetPea88
October 6th, 2008, 05:23 PM
I think you are almost there! Not to much longer though, it'll be there before you know it! :)

paper
October 6th, 2008, 05:25 PM
I agree, about another month. Congrats :cheese: You are so lucky!