PDA

View Full Version : Hair Thickness increased!

gthlvrmx
July 30th, 2015, 04:30 PM
I have great news for you guys! My hair is almost long enough to get a better thickness measurement and so I tried it today. I put a ponytail closer to the top of my head, so that I can get some of the shorter hairs up there, and my hair thickness is almost at 3.5 inches! I think I may have had around a 2.5 inch circumference when I joined LHC (I can't remember the exact measurement, but it was in the 2 inches range). Maybe even less when I first lost so much hair before joining LHC. I tried putting a ponytail near my neck and it was 3 inches, but if I put a ponytail more at the top of my head, I get a 3.5 inch measurement. The short hairs in the front don't reach my ponytail when it is down near my neck so I tried putting a ponytail near the top of my head to get the most out of my hairs. I am amazed. I am glad I shaved to bald then. Also, my hair seems to be growing back in coarser, even before I tried henna. It feels more bumpy on the individual strands and even looks bumpy. I like it. Maybe the henna helped as well to get a bigger circumference. Now I will wait and see if I can get up to a 4 inch circumference, I am only about .5 inches away from that! I still have hairs on the front area of my hairline close to my forehead that are short but they are growing. If I get my original thickness back, I will be so happy. Even if I don't, this makes me happy. :)

Arctic
July 30th, 2015, 05:53 PM
This is awesome, not only does your hair grow length at lightning speed, you also have gained quite a lot thickness! Impressively lot! Do I remember correctly, that in the spring you had your thickness marked as i-ii? Congratulations are in order! And party!
:toast::applause:joy::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheese:

Do you any idea what has caused this? Routine? Tips?

Silverbrumby
July 30th, 2015, 06:24 PM
That's wonderful news! How did you do it?

gthlvrmx
July 30th, 2015, 08:05 PM
This is awesome, not only does your hair grow length at lightning speed, you also have gained quite a lot thickness! Impressively lot! Do I remember correctly, that in the spring you had your thickness marked as i-ii? Congratulations are in order! And party!
:toast::applause:joy::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheese:

Do you any idea what has caused this? Routine? Tips?
No, I was still marked at a ii this whole time. Maybe you remember that because I may have posted in the Thin/Fine hair thread. I told myself that I'd get a better measurement when my hair is long enough to measure. But there was a time a few years ago where I was worried I would go down to a flat 2 inches...or less. My ends were really thin, my braids were so small. Yes party! I think I will have to find a way to celebrate this somehow.
You mean what caused the hair loss or the increase in thickness? Well for hair loss, it was the individual braids I got that used fake hair to make the braids. Those really made me lose hair, even if people said it was just shed hair stuck in the braids, I knew that I lost a lot of hair. I also think the tight ponytails and tight bun things I did didn't help. I remember that I lost my curls from the ponytails but now they're back. I think patience and gentle care helped my thickness come back. No more super tight ponytails. Shaving my head to bald really helped my thickness grow more together. It was more obvious that my hair was growing back in.
Maybe my once a week CO wash has helped. I seem to lose a bit less hair in the shower compared to how much I would lose with shampoo.
Also, maybe the henna bumped my thickness up.

That's wonderful news! How did you do it?

Patience and being gentle with my hair. I didn't really do much to try and get thicker hair except maybe the henna. I henna to strengthen my hair. The thicker strands part is a bonus for me.
I am still waiting for the front of my hair to grow back in to its former way of just being. That's where I got the most hair loss. Yes, my hair did grow back as in there is obvious hair there, but for some reason the hair on top of my head and especially in the front won't grow past 1-2 inches except for a random few hairs here and there. That's why I have a poof there, the short hairs are curling up in that area. Maybe they are growing, but just really slow.

vpatt
July 30th, 2015, 08:19 PM
That is great, it shows what your good hair care has done.

:happydance:

lapushka
July 31st, 2015, 02:28 AM
I would hold off all measurements until all your hair can fit in. It can vary until it all fits and you get an accurate measurement.

M.McDonough
July 31st, 2015, 05:28 AM
Happy for you!

lfbddjw
July 31st, 2015, 06:28 AM
That's awesome! Congrats! I hope my hair becomes thicker like yours too!

gthlvrmx
July 31st, 2015, 01:24 PM
I would hold off all measurements until all your hair can fit in. It can vary until it all fits and you get an accurate measurement.

Depending on how fast the short hairs in front grow (or even if they grow at all), I might have to wait a while. Most of my "long" hairs from the top and back of my head fit into the ponytail when it's higher up on my head. I don't know for sure if all the hairs I lost will come back even in length. Either way, at this recent measurement, this is much thicker than I had before!

Also, thank you everyone who responded to this thread :)

lapushka
July 31st, 2015, 02:30 PM
Depending on how fast the short hairs in front grow (or even if they grow at all), I might have to wait a while. Most of my "long" hairs from the top and back of my head fit into the ponytail when it's higher up on my head. I don't know for sure if all the hairs I lost will come back even in length. Either way, at this recent measurement, this is much thicker than I had before!

Also, thank you everyone who responded to this thread :)

Yes, you know, just wait, and who knows what measurement you'll get next. :D

yahirwaO.o
July 31st, 2015, 03:10 PM
Oh man, that sounds fantastic, getting thickness is such a nice feeling! :D .... and somehow its great you can henna without making your curls more dry.

gthlvrmx
July 31st, 2015, 04:04 PM
Yes, you know, just wait, and who knows what measurement you'll get next. :D
Will do! I will be patient.

Oh man, that sounds fantastic, getting thickness is such a nice feeling! :D .... and somehow its great you can henna without making your curls more dry.

It really is! You know, my hair didn't feel very dry after the henna. I think it might have felt a little drier but I went into my usual wash routine and it felt almost normal I think. Someone here told me henna shouldn't dry your hair out, but the paper my henna came with said herbal treatments may cause hair to feel dry after using them so mix your recipe with hair oil or deep condition afterward.