PDA

View Full Version : growth rate, opinion :)

Neelie
July 30th, 2015, 04:47 AM
so, measured my hair there again. first time was on the 17th july and was 8.5cm (measured actual hair length at the parting, so always measuring same strand with a pinch of hair between the fingers) and now again today, 30th july and it was at 10cm! so thats 1.5cm in just 13 days!!! (im measuring in the neck too to see how they grow in different parts of my head but the growth all round is pretty even) opinions? is that fast? my goal length of 50cm would then be only 16 months, going by this rate lol. what do ye guys think? is that achievable? :cool:

vpatt
July 30th, 2015, 05:41 AM
That equals .59 inches which is close to average growth for a month. I have read on this site that some people experience different growth rates at different times of the year and I believe summer can be a time of faster growth. After a year of monthly measuring you will know if that is true for you. It sounds to me like you have a faster than average growth rate (at least for this time of year) which is good....much nicer than less than average. Good luck with growing out a healthy head of hair!

Nique1202
July 30th, 2015, 05:51 AM
It's possible that your growth rate is that fast (that would be well over an inch a month, which is pretty rare) or that your hair is in a growth spurt right now and may slow down during other seasons, but is it possible that you measured a little differently each time? If you picked up a slightly different section, or if you placed the measuring tape slightly differently, that could give you misleading numbers. That's why the LHC standard way to measure hair is to put the measuring tape in the middle of the front hairline and straight back and down the middle: it's more consistent than measuring by the parting (which can move slightly) or even from the crown or nape (both behind the head and awkward to do yourself).

Johannah
July 30th, 2015, 05:52 AM
If I understand you well, you don't measure your hair like most people on tLHC do? 0.5" is the normal growth rate for a month, so 0.59" is a lot for 13 days, but I'm not sure if you could compare this because you're measuring differently. Personally I'd try to measure the 'normal' way and write down how much your hair grows, then you know your exact growth rate :)

henné
July 30th, 2015, 06:08 AM
I can guarantee you won't grow your hair to 50cm length in just 16 months, haha. Hair grows more during the summer, less during the winter, etc. Your diet, stress level, etc. also influences your hair growth and as it's hardly ever constant for anyone, it will vary. If your hair really did grow this much this time, it doesn't at all mean it will grow at this rate until it's 50cm long. And yes, 1.5 cm in two weeks is a lot. 1cm a month is normal.

My advice would be to start measuring your hair like the rest of us here - from hairline down - it's really hard to mess that one up, haha.

Also, taking pics is another good way of tracking your growth.

Neelie
July 30th, 2015, 10:51 AM
oh it will defo vary :) in winter id have much less growth (booooo!). it'd be a miracle if anyone could grow 50cm in 16 months haha. and of course if that were possible, we wouldn't all be so upset if a hairdresser takes off too much every now and again :-/ im amazed with how fast it has grown in the last 3 weeks with what im doing to try encourage it. yeah i have to start measuring like ye guys do it :) ill actually go check that out now. i have a scar on my head though which dictates my parting so it never changes, which makes my measuring a little easier but yes ye are totally right, the common LHC way is much better :) im still very very excited about my growth rate atm ha.

just bought the "FAST" shampoo set. see how that goes. i've heard mixed reviews lol. and of course i take supplements and leave-in serums and head massages too lol. quite time consuming but oh so worth it when i look at the growth *excited*

luxurioushair
August 1st, 2015, 04:51 AM
My hair recently started growing at about 0.5 inches every 18 days. It seems like you have a fast growth rate and it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with "summer". There is no summer/winter where I live, the weather is rain and sunshine all year. Yet my hair started growing faster because of a combination of habits. I had done a couple of different things without realizing it. Take note of what you did differently in the past couple of weeks - what you ate, physical activity, how often you washed + conditioned hair, etc. Then keep doing all those things. And you will keep getting your fast growth.

I'm assuming that people in temperate climates actually have different habits during summer. And so it's not necessarily the weather that grows the hair, but changes in habits. e.g. more physical activity, maybe less eating, and eating different things, washing hair more because the weather is warmer, etc.