PDA

View Full Version : White blonde Hair Solutions like Henna

HairPlease
July 28th, 2015, 04:19 PM
I like my white ish hair, I want to keep it white blonde. I don't want it to tint AT ALL. But I would like to try herbal hair care. I keep hearing about cassia but people say it stains a little yellow (no, thanks!).
Is there anything that coats the hair shaft and strengthens it like cassia or henna but deposits literally no color at all whatsoever?
Or is there some deactivating agent for cassia's "dye release"? :p

Silly question probably. But frankly, the search on here hasn't turned up much and neither has out dear friend google. :(

missrandie
July 28th, 2015, 05:58 PM
I know Nightblooming on Etsy has a formula for white hair. Here ya go!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/151567248/eilistraee-colorless-herbal-hair

HairPlease
July 29th, 2015, 02:38 PM
Thank you, Missrandie!! You're a hero. :joy:

lapushka
July 29th, 2015, 02:52 PM
Anything that has even the least bit of cassia in it will stain yellow. I think it's best to ask Nightblooming if that's the case even for the light hair formula. :flower:

HairPlease
July 29th, 2015, 05:44 PM
Lapushka, and others, do you think if I leave it on for 45 minutes and mix my purple conditioner with it, it would minimize yellowing?
Thank you for letting me know!

missrandie
July 29th, 2015, 07:33 PM
I just checked the ingredients.. There's no cassia in it, so you should be good.

HairPlease
July 30th, 2015, 09:36 AM
Woohoo. Thanks again, my friends. Ordering two packets.

lapushka
July 30th, 2015, 11:21 AM
Let us know how it goes! :D :thumbsup:

HairPlease
August 6th, 2015, 07:21 AM
OK, got brave, left it on overnight.
Mix was about 75 grams, 3 parts herbal goo, one part Shimmer Lights purple conditioner (for extra effect, and just in case the stuff would yellow overnight).
I didn't have time to do this during the day (letting sit in bowl, then sit on hair) so I had no choice but to sleep on it.

Here's my morning rinse results:

Rinsing: Not too hard, mixture stayed gooey under the cap. I conditioned it out with my favorite toning conditioner.
Wet hair feel: Waxy at first, then slightly dry, then thick and conditioned, in that order.
Color: Nothing thus far. I panicked at first when it was green when I thought I rinsed it out, but I didn't rinse it all out. It's not green. Phew.
Look: Stay tuned when it dries!!

So far this feels like it's a really good thing.

missrandie
August 6th, 2015, 09:18 AM
Ooh, I'm excited for you!

HairPlease
August 6th, 2015, 03:51 PM
Thanks! Hah... ok, so the dry results: Knocked me from a 2c/3a down to a 1c. Interesting, and I'm very happy about that. Also, it's thick, strand wise and body wise. Incredible feel.
So, definitely a good move. I'll post a picture when my hair dries, I got rained on. :cool:

hennalonghair
August 6th, 2015, 05:15 PM
Henna Sooq also sell zizyphus. It apparently acts just like henna but with no colour.

http://www.hennasooq.ca/search.php?search_query=zizypgus+christi