PDA

View Full Version : Maintaining for 6.5 months - results!

Johannah
July 28th, 2015, 02:10 PM
In January I decided to maintain at least until July. I had damage from bleaching my hair years ago (it faded, so you can't see it anymore but off course the damage stayed :disgust:). But above all I wasn't happy with my hemline, even though all people on this forum told me it looked absolutely fine. Today I took some pictures and compared this to the ones from January, and I was shocked. In a good way. I feel so much better about my hair now!!! :cheese: I'll maintain until October, I guess the damage will be gone by then. Or maybe even longer, we'll see.

http://i62.tinypic.com/r73m1g.jpg

This is the result of maintaining for 6.5 months. My hair grows way faster when I cut it (I thought that was a myth?? Right??). I cut 6.5 inches (!!) since the beginning of this year. That means my hair grows +/- 1 inch I month. I live in a dream. :cloud9:

Also, I decided last summer I wanted to grow out a part of my bangs. My hairdresser has cut it WAAAAY too thick and too wide and it looked awful (this is also the reason why I cut my hair myself).

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18261&d=1438112543

It looks like nothing in this picture, but in real life I swear it's a HELL LOT OF HAIR! My ponytail circumference even went from 3.4" to 3.9"!! And yes, all of this hair was cut in blunt bangs.

So... That's it. Just wanted to share because I'm happy. :blossom:

lapushka
July 28th, 2015, 02:19 PM
OMG yes she did cut those bangs in too thick, it's more than half of your hair in front! They look so much better now. And your hem, I think the damage is pretty much gone there. :) Well done!

wilderwein
July 28th, 2015, 02:26 PM
Your hair is indeed beautiful and wow it grows A LOT, but I'm stunned by your face too *-* You are so pretty!

(I hope I don't sound like a creep)

Johannah
July 28th, 2015, 02:31 PM
OMG yes she did cut those bangs in too thick, it's more than half of your hair in front! They look so much better now. And your hem, I think the damage is pretty much gone there. :) Well done!

This picture doesn't even show half of it, seriously. I was in total SHOCK when I checked my hair.

Your hair is indeed beautiful and wow it grows A LOT, but I'm stunned by your face too *-* You are so pretty!

(I hope I don't sound like a creep)

That's so sweet :blossom: And no, you don't sound like a creep, don't worry! :p

Arctic
July 28th, 2015, 04:07 PM
Beautiful results! And super growth!

Komao
July 28th, 2015, 04:08 PM
Johannah, your hair looks fantastic. Real nice hemline now. Looks so healthy. Happy for you. :)

Sarahlabyrinth
July 28th, 2015, 04:23 PM
Johannah, what wonderful results you have there and your hair is not only so much improved (with that lovely fat thick hemline:) ) but longer as well! So pretty!

DreamSheep
July 28th, 2015, 05:16 PM
So beautiful! <3

Becs
July 28th, 2015, 05:23 PM
Ahhh your hemline looks soooo gorgeous!! Such a wonderful improvement! Definitely refreshes my faith in microtrimming! Not that I didn't believe in it before, having seen the results on my own hair, but seriously wow!

luxurioushair
July 28th, 2015, 05:48 PM
This is absolutely wonderful, congratulations on your new hemline and lightning fast growth!

spidermom
July 28th, 2015, 05:54 PM
Very good result, and I sympathize on the bangs. I really dislike thick piles of bangs.

hannabiss
July 28th, 2015, 05:59 PM
We have almost the same natural hair color...Sadly i dyed mine..inspired to keep the dye away.

lunalocks
July 28th, 2015, 07:58 PM
wow! In the first pic I would swear you are my daughter and in the second, ME when my hair was that length. By the end of the year I hope to reach my goal AND THEN maintain. Thank you for the reminder to take before and after pics and for the hope that things really can thicken up.

Horrorpops
July 28th, 2015, 08:17 PM
Gorgeous results, maintaining has had an incredible effect on your hair, and you bangs have grown like crazy!

And I am also 100% envious of your amazing growth rate haha :D

Frankenstein
July 28th, 2015, 10:24 PM
As someone who's trying to achieve a thicker hemline, I find this super inspiring. Your hair is gorgeous :D

ghost
July 28th, 2015, 11:35 PM
Your hair looks beautiful! Maintaining did wonders for you. The grown-out bangs look really cute, too.

kidari
July 28th, 2015, 11:41 PM
I'm so happy for you! Thanks for sharing. The difference in the way it looks in the back is incredible.

DeadlyUnicorn
July 29th, 2015, 12:00 AM
Gorgeous!! What an improvement :inlove: I hope I can have such nice results when I decide to start maintaining :o

Johannah
July 29th, 2015, 01:59 AM
Thank you everyone!! :)

Johannah, what wonderful results you have there and your hair is not only so much improved (with that lovely fat thick hemline:) ) but longer as well! So pretty!

I noticed it looks longer as well! Even though I measured 34" in both pictures. Guess it looks longer because of the thickness ;)

We have almost the same natural hair color...Sadly i dyed mine..inspired to keep the dye away.

I used to HATE my natural hair color, now I adore it. Give it time, and you will love it if you grow the dye out! :blossom:

flickm
July 29th, 2015, 03:06 AM
It looks so much better. And you look gorgeous! (I also hope I don't sound like I'm some sort of stalker!)

Johannah
July 29th, 2015, 10:19 AM
It looks so much better. And you look gorgeous! (I also hope I don't sound like I'm some sort of stalker!)

You don't! Thank you! :flower:

Arciela
July 29th, 2015, 10:23 AM
It looks so nice!!! Beautiful :flower:

Crumpet
July 29th, 2015, 10:58 AM
Wonderful results. Congratulations! Your hair was lovely before but even more so now.

ladycaladium
July 29th, 2015, 11:04 AM
It looks great! It really thickened up the hemline.

hinabelle
July 29th, 2015, 11:54 AM
I am in love with the picture of your bangs!!! Such a flattering and lovely look :crush: congrats on your success with maintaining!!

Scarlet_Celt
July 29th, 2015, 12:13 PM
Your hemline looks great after maintaining! I look forward to maintaining until for the rest of the year, so I hope my hemline improves too :)

kirby
July 29th, 2015, 12:18 PM
Wow! I hope to maintain one I get to wait to thicken my hemline, your pictures give me so much inspiration! It really makes a huge difference! I hope my hair looks half as beautiful as yours when it grows :D

Johannah
July 29th, 2015, 12:54 PM
Thank you everyone!! :flower:

Your hemline looks great after maintaining! I look forward to maintaining until for the rest of the year, so I hope my hemline improves too :)

Wow! I hope to maintain one I get to wait to thicken my hemline, your pictures give me so much inspiration! It really makes a huge difference! I hope my hair looks half as beautiful as yours when it grows :D

*sends some positive vibes* You both will get there! :magic:

lapushka
July 29th, 2015, 01:12 PM
Yep and imagine those bang pieces catching up to your hemline; even going to be thicker then!

Nellon
July 29th, 2015, 01:13 PM
Looks absolutely gorgeous! *stunned* Congratulations! It's honestly one of the loveliest heads of hair I've ever seen.

Johannah
July 29th, 2015, 02:01 PM
Yep and imagine those bang pieces catching up to your hemline; even going to be thicker then!

You're right about that! :D Growing them out will be my new project for when I reach my goal of 36" ;)

Looks absolutely gorgeous! *stunned* Congratulations! It's honestly one of the loveliest heads of hair I've ever seen.

That's such a big compliment!! Thank you!

kidso
July 29th, 2015, 02:54 PM
Your hair looks great with that hemline! I was also wondering, did you use any of your EO treatment ideas that you posted about previously during this 6.5 month span that might have contributed to your amazing growth rate?

grimsqueaker
July 30th, 2015, 03:11 AM
:thud::thud::thud:

Johannah
July 30th, 2015, 04:05 AM
Your hair looks great with that hemline! I was also wondering, did you use any of your EO treatment ideas that you posted about previously during this 6.5 month span that might have contributed to your amazing growth rate?

Yes and no. I tried to use peppermint oil in the past (mixed with castor oil) on my scalp, but it didn't do anything so I quit. Though in December I started using gelatin treatments followed by deep conditioning. Since I'm growing out my bangs which are damaged because of heat styling, I use the gelatin treatment AND the deep conditioning treatment on my scalp as well. The conditioner I use is from Petal Fresh and contains Tea Tree EO, which gives me the same feeling on my scalp as peppermint oil did. I leave it on my scalp for an hour (+/- every week). Maybe this has helped a bit with my growth rate, though I think the cutting is the most obvious reason. Which I do not get by the way, because hair doesn't grow at the ends... I thought that was a myth.

My hair LOVES gelatin treatments so I'll keep on using them if I start growing my hair out again. If my hair goes to it's normal growth rate of 0.5" a month, the growth spurt is because of the cutting. We'll see.

Upside Down
July 30th, 2015, 04:57 AM
I'm a big fan of your hair since following jeters thread, and you have amazingly thickened up the hemline. Enjoy! :)

Johannah
July 30th, 2015, 05:21 AM
I'm a big fan of your hair since following jeters thread, and you have amazingly thickened up the hemline. Enjoy! :)

Aww thank you! :flowers:

Neelie
July 30th, 2015, 11:03 AM
very pretty :D i love your color btw.